Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: My LL Journey - Dr. Jamal Abu Nemer, Kiev  (Read 23480 times)

Rocky

Re: My LL Journey - Dr. Jamal Abu Nemer, Kiev
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »

Day 83 Update:

I am not clicking my right leg anymore and focusing my left leg. I want them to get equally in length.

The left leg is getting weaker due to the clicks and therefor muscles and tendon tension. On the other hand the right leg is getting stronger and is acting as the leading leg, whenever I do full weight bearing. The leg muscles on the right leg feel way softer than ever. The right leg is on vacation right now  :)

Since I haven't touched the right leg for long period now, I have a sense how it would feel right after I stop the lengthening. The clicker which is located in the hip area is annoying. So I can imagine how pleasant it would feel to remove it at the end of the journey.

Clicking left leg is time consuming right now. The leg gets tense just after few clicks. To relief that, I am stepping on the stepping machine for 2 minutes every 2-3 clicks. Every time I do that, I feel that I get a boost of energy to proceed. I relax typically for 2-3 minutes before proceeding the clicking.

What really keeps me motivated is the fact that I'm shortening the difference between both legs every day. So far I haven't skipped the clicking since I started focusing on my left leg. But at some time  I might give the left leg a rest.

I will listen carefully to my body and not put my left leg under load of pressure.

Current situation: Failed limb lengthening

Future goal: Even the legs & Non-union treatment... (Maybe shorten the legs to close the non-union)

Rocky

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

Quick tip: (Less time on the stepping machine)

I used to walk 10 minutes every hour, but I am not able to do it anymore since my left leg is getting weaker. So I am walking less than before. To not stopping my self from being active, I am using the stepping machine very frequently.

But... in shorter periods of time. I do it on purpose.

If you are using the stepping machine/bike. Don't overdo it like I did in the beginning.

I reduced my stepping machine activities to maximum 2-3 minutes every hour. Not more than that.

In my case it keeps my knees soft and the blood circulating in my legs every hour.

So far this is working fine with me. I find it very effective.

Future goal: Even the legs & Non-union treatment... (Maybe shorten the legs to close the non-union)

Rocky

« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »

Day 100 Update: (Right Leg: 7.65 cm & Left Leg: 7.27 cm)

It has been a while since I have updated my journey. I have been waiting to round the 100 days and have a look where I am standing.

I have been busy clicking my left leg to even it with my right leg. It looks like that I am getting very close to a state where both legs have the same length.

The results are as follow:

Right Leg: 7.65
Left Leg: 7.27

We are talking about 0.38 cm in difference. In other words peanuts.

My right leg has been on vacation since it hasn't been exposed to any clicking for several weeks, while left leg has been put under intensive attention to pass 7 cm.

It looks like that I need to give the left leg a small break now, before I start clicking it again. The tendons around my left knee seem to be under pressure and the knee itself is bending significantly if I compare it to just few weeks back.

On the other hand the right knee is releasing and stretching a bit. You can easily tell the difference between my two legs when I  lay down on my bed.

So far so good.

I need to find a new Netflix TV show and focus on completing the final stages of my journey :)  I am getting there soon  :)

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2018, 11:30:39 AM »

Hi Rocky. Good to hear you're getting there. In fact, you're there already! You're aiming for 8cm? Don't worry about any bends, you muscles just need a little time to adjust.  Keep stretching and eating well. How're you feeling mentally, having endured this journey?

Rocky

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »

Hello taller_in_Kiev

Everything is fine. My focus is to even my legs and reach 8 cm as a minimum. Every millimeter is a challenge now. So lets see.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2018, 05:20:16 PM »

If your goal was 9 or 10, you'd reach 8 without noticing ))  Funny how the mind works.

Rocky

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »

If your goal was 9 or 10, you'd reach 8 without noticing ))  Funny how the mind works.

Hello again

My goal was 5 cm to begin with :D

Anything above 5 cm is just an extra bonus in my book  :)

Have a nice evening. May God bless you.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2018, 02:18:26 AM »

How are you man is it worth it?

How are the scars?

Walking unaided yet?

tlannister

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »

Rocky, since you're now at the end of lengthening. Do you think its appropriate to post x-ray?
I am really interested in seeing the callus development. I think this sort of information is highly necessary to educate the public (on this forum)

Rocky

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »

How are you man is it worth it?

How are the scars?

Walking unaided yet?

Hello Troma

I am doing fine thanks.

If it is worth it. I guess it is individual from person to person. In my case I was looking for increasing my height, so I feel it was worth it.

Regarding the scars. There are diffidently scars. Once I remove the nail totally in 1 or 2 years, I will be getting cosmetic stitches. I might supplement it with laser treatment to make the scars fade out. But its too early to tell.

And lastly regarding the walking. I am still using a walker. Once we stop the lengthening I have to switch to crutches.

Rocky

« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »

Rocky, since you're now at the end of lengthening. Do you think its appropriate to post x-ray?
I am really interested in seeing the callus development. I think this sort of information is highly necessary to educate the public (on this forum)

Hello tlannister

I am still not done with the lengthening. I am very focused on completing the last millimeters I have left and getting a successful operation to remove the clicker devices from each leg. The clickers are very annoying on the hip area. But I guess I can consider this period as my last phase of the journey.

It could be. I will consider it. Honestly, my thoughts are somewhere else right now. I just want to finish and travel home to my family. I might not get back to this forum once I am done. We will see :)

Valiant

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »

Hello tlannister

I am still not done with the lengthening. I am very focused on completing the last millimeters I have left and getting a successful operation to remove the clicker devices from each leg. The clickers are very annoying on the hip area. But I guess I can consider this period as my last phase of the journey.

It could be. I will consider it. Honestly, my thoughts are somewhere else right now. I just want to finish and travel home to my family. I might not get back to this forum once I am done. We will see :)

Hi Rocky.

Congratulations on your new height.

Initially you only wanted to lengthen your femur around 5cm?, What made you change your mind and go beyond this length?

Do you know what length your femur was pre-surgery and your tibia/femur ratio?

You mentioned at the commencement of your journal that during the start of the surgery you received an injection in your back(spine?). Did you notice any lingering effects from this injection, like backache or headache after surgery? Some people say they experience these. Can you opt of this injection or is it a must for surgery?

I assume the removal of the clicker pins is a minor surgical procedure?

Hope you don't feel I am asking too many questions. I am just seriously considering leg lengthening in the near future and I am still in the research phase wanting to learn as much as possible about the procedure, patient experiences etc and which LL doctor to choose before I undertake this serious endeavour.  At this stage and based on your overall possitive experience so far, I am drawn to Dr. Jamal as a possible choice to get LL done with in the future.

Thanks in advance

Rocky

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »

Hi Rocky.

Congratulations on your new height.

Initially you only wanted to lengthen your femur around 5cm?, What made you change your mind and go beyond this length?

Do you know what length your femur was pre-surgery and your tibia/femur ratio?

You mentioned at the commencement of your journal that during the start of the surgery you received an injection in your back(spine?). Did you notice any lingering effects from this injection, like backache or headache after surgery? Some people say they experience these. Can you opt of this injection or is it a must for surgery?

I assume the removal of the clicker pins is a minor surgical procedure?

Hope you don't feel I am asking too many questions. I am just seriously considering leg lengthening in the near future and I am still in the research phase wanting to learn as much as possible about the procedure, patient experiences etc and which LL doctor to choose before I undertake this serious endeavour.  At this stage and based on your overall possitive experience so far, I am drawn to Dr. Jamal as a possible choice to get LL done with in the future.

Thanks in advance

Hello Valiant

Thank you very much.

No worries. You can ask as many questions you want. Let me try to answer them one bye one.

I was aiming for 5 cm in the beginning, but I was there in no time and it felt like a walk in the park. I have therefor decided to add few cm on top of that.

I guess I have posted my per-surgery CT scan earlier. My femurs were around 45 cm.

For the back injection, I had a minor headache for few days. You need to sleep on your back without a pillow during that period and it will fade away. When I did the right leg operation, I asked them to give me the injection in my arm and I slept totally during the operation.

And for the final question. The final operation is a minor one. Removing the clicker might take 10-15 minutes for both legs. This is what I am looking for soon  :)

Right now my full focus is about gaining the last millimeters and get this final operation done  :)

May God bless you.

Android

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2018, 07:42:00 AM »

Sounds like you're doing great, Rocky! You're almost there.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Rocky

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2018, 04:17:21 PM »

Sounds like you're doing great, Rocky! You're almost there.

Hello Android

Thank you very much. I'm almost there. It just needs some patient.

I can see that you are progressing too. Good luck my friend  :)

God bless you.

noone

• Visitor
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2018, 12:37:22 AM »

how r u now

tlannister

« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »

if I dont see any x-rays, im gonna assume this another one of Jamal speciality: bone non-union.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2018, 04:39:52 AM »

How is it going man ?

Really considering DR. Jamal.

how is your callous ?

tlannister

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:56 AM »

How is it going man ?

Really considering DR. Jamal.

how is your callous ?

there were 3 diaries on old forum. Non-unions, leg discrepency, fake diaries. Think twice if this is the risk you wanna take. If yes go for it. You body, your choice

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2018, 10:08:15 AM »

if I dont see any x-rays, im gonna assume this another one of Jamal speciality: bone non-union.

No, no tlannister, you're mistaken! Dr Jamal's speciality is full solid union, here you can have a look at mine to lay your fears to rest)

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9000.62

Don't be hounding Rocky for xrays so soon, he's on the road to recovery now, but I have no doubt he'll be just fine.

Anyway we're still waiting for you in Kiev ;)

TinyTL

« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »

what happened to rocky? i see people were warning him of signs of non-union

takura

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2018, 03:54:05 AM »

Daddy please update us

Bosnian2018

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2019, 11:42:30 AM »

any update ?

TinyTL

« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »

Dr. Abu Nemer - was one of the 8 suicide bombers in Sri Lanka. All patients are asked to contact local surgeons for continued treatment.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »

Dr. Abu Nemer - was one of the 8 suicide bombers in Sri Lanka. All patients are asked to contact local surgeons for continued treatment.
WHAT THE fk?
Go for it

Bosnian2018

« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »

Holy crap this forums full of 12 year olds.

angryfem

« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2019, 09:35:14 PM »

racist joke  :-[

Wassermelone

• Visitor
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »

How much height do you increase because of the different lengh increase

Rocky

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »

Update for the last 3 years:

I ended with the following:

- I have been using wheelchair for 3 years now
- It turned out that my legs were not even in length
- Non-union. The rods couldn't take my weight and broke
- 12 failed devices replacement surgeries (and still uneven legs lengths). Combination of devices and surgery mistakes.
- Bones infection and risk for legs amputation if I waited a bit longer

I had to be treated at another place and did the following:

- 2 surgeries to replace the limb lengthening rods with normal rods & twist and stabilize the legs
- Adjust the lengthening so both legs are even now
- Bones infection treatment took 3 weeks. It was a nightmare
- Non-union is still there. I still need to find a solution to treat the non-union
- I am doing physio to rehabilitate my legs, but the path seems far away
- Right now I am still using a wheelchair

My advice:

- Stick to a reputative doctor like Paley or someone is his caliber otherwise...

STAY AWAY

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »

Update for the last 3 years:

I ended with the following:

- I have been using wheelchair for 3 years now
- It turned out that my legs were not even in length
- Non-union. The rods couldn't take my weight and broke
- 12 failed devices replacement surgeries (and still uneven legs lengths). Combination of devices and surgery mistakes.
- Bones infection and risk for legs amputation if I waited a bit longer

I had to be treated at another place and did the following:

- 2 surgeries to replace the limb lengthening rods with normal rods & twist and stabilize the legs
- Adjust the lengthening so both legs are even now
- Bones infection treatment took 3 weeks. It was a nightmare
- Non-union is still there. I still need to find a solution to treat the non-union
- I am doing physio to rehabilitate my legs, but the path seems far away
- Right now I am still using a wheelchair

My advice:

- Stick to a reputative doctor like Paley or someone is his caliber otherwise...

STAY AWAY

really sad to know this man. i remember following your diary back then.
just curious, i thought the nail could reverse lengthen(retract too). Why could this not solve the non union?

take care man, i hope you are being treated well now.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Serilium

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2021, 10:52:51 PM »

Wow Rocky thanks for updating us. So sorry you went through all that. Thanks for updating us despite 3 year suffering

Hope you finally recover this year.
Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up