Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femurs with Dr Paley  (Read 12760 times)

Activatedx

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley June 18 2019
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 12:13:55 AM »

Today has been a very good day. I haven’t ate any pain medicine for the whole day and I can walk a long way without needing a wheel chair!

That is awesome for you man! Can you please upload some walking videos

just do it

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 05:07:52 PM »

Here is a video of me walking.

Leggs

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »

just do it-

As a STRYDE patient thank you for posting a video. Unfortunately, when you click the play button the video says unavailable. You posted the video correctly on the forum, it's a problem with the video on youtube. You can re upload the video & check to make sure the settings are correct on youtube. That should solve the problem.

just do it

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 10:57:02 PM »

https://m.
Try this one

Activatedx

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2019, 01:44:59 AM »

https://m.
Try this one

Great progress man!

BeYourBest

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »

Looking good!

How do you feel so far about the process? Any regrets so far etc

All the best!

just do it

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2019, 02:36:32 AM »

Everything is good so far. The only thing that annoys me is my right leg, which always wake me up at night. This might be because my muscle on my right leg is very tight.Hopefully, it will get better as time flies.
This is a tiring experience, but if you do your normal exercise given by your PT, all will go smoothly.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 03:19:14 AM »

Thanks for sharing the video and best of luck on your journey! Progress looks great. I will be doing my femurs/Stryde in August and will be staying at the Homewood Suites at WPB. I'll send you a PM! Would definitely like to connect for support.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »

Great video... keep up the walking and take it... nice and slow

InFullStryde

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »

Great Job, buddy.

No rush to walk right now, I promise you that. Just keep doing exactly what you're doing there.  One piece of advice... You look good so far and keep your torso straight up and down...no hunching over while on the walker. Since we are "leaning" on the walker so to speak our body has a tendency to want to bend at the waist and quadriceps area. Stay up and down and no bending over if you can avoid it.  This will help maintain your hip flexor mobility and assist in the prevention of anterior pelvic tilt.

I am especially rooting for you just do it! Let me know if you need anything.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

just do it

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2019, 12:11:50 AM »

Two weeks have passed and everything has been great. Big challenge ahead tomorrow. I have to get on a taxi to the physical therapy appointment by myself without the wheelchair, since there are no shuttle service on weekends.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone's support and encouragement during the last two weeks.

Ghostfish

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2019, 08:52:47 AM »

Two weeks have passed and everything has been great. Big challenge ahead tomorrow. I have to get on a taxi to the physical therapy appointment by myself without the wheelchair, since there are no shuttle service on weekends.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone's support and encouragement during the last two weeks.
Why do you want or need to do PT during weekend?  I was there but never really did PT during weekend. Plus, are you alone?  No parents or family?

Movie

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2019, 08:58:20 AM »

Rooting for you youngster!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2019, 03:37:39 AM »

Fly, young man, fly

just do it

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 02:33:50 AM »

Yesterday, I went to have my post-operation appointment with Dr. Robbins.  Everything is successful so far. However, my right leg is 3mm longer than my left leg. The doctor said this was not a big problem. I have to spend 3 more days after my whole lengthening process to fix this problem. Another news is that I can finally go swimming now. This definitely makes me feel better. The only way to sleep better now is to stretch more.

This is definitely not easy, but I'm glad that all is going well so far. I hope that this will continue through the whole process.

MyEvolution

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 05:19:22 AM »

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me, i did 8cm in femurs september 2018, going for 8cm in Tibias september 2019

just do it

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »

@Ghostfish: I have PT on Saturday because July 4th is a holiday so they changed the PT session to Saturday instead. My parents are with me for the whole process and I found that going on to a taxi without the wheelchair is not a problem.

Ghostfish

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2019, 06:50:25 AM »

@Ghostfish: I have PT on Saturday because July 4th is a holiday so they changed the PT session to Saturday instead. My parents are with me for the whole process and I found that going on to a taxi without the wheelchair is not a problem.
Sounds great!  I am glad that you are with your parents as you should.  Just hang in there.  You should be fine!

Maison

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 07:21:07 AM »

Hi, Just do it.
Have you had any problems with taking a taxi without a wheelchair to go to PT?
Did you walk a short distance with crutches?

Heightseeker1998

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »

Great going man! Good luck!

wangchaoan

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:49 PM »

Hi, just do it,
I am also from China. I know of a Chinese guy who's had the CLL surgery from Paley last December. And me is from Betz last December. We've met this April and we both have a good recovery. He told me he had experienced a hard time during lengthening. And he had to spend some extra money to buy pain killers. But anyway, after that hard time, everything went well again for him. Now we both can walk normally 7 months after surgery. He even showed a recent video that he could do some jumping and exercising.
Good luck to you. You will also make it.

just do it

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2019, 12:22:30 AM »

Time flies, it has been one month after my surgery. Everything is going smoothly so far and I am sleeping much better than 2 weeks ago. The only problem right now is my muscle being very weak and abnormal gait, by walking like a shrimp.

I am off pain medicine for about 2 weeks already. The only medicine that I am having right now is Acetaminophen PM which helps me to sleep for the whole night. Vitamin D and Calcium to help me to get a healthy bone.

Yesterday, it’s my first time since my surgery to go out for dinner and go to the market to buy food. Walking a long distance makes my muscle very soar.

First two weeks is the toughest, after that everything feels better if you work hard with your stretches. People always tells me no pain, no gain.

just do it

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2019, 12:24:35 AM »

@My Evolution @Wangchaoan Thank you so much for your support and encouragement, it really helps me to keep going.

just do it

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »

Today, I went to my second doctor appointment. The doctor said that everything is fine, but I still have the same old problem of right leg being 3mm longer than my left leg. This is probably because I didn’t separate my leg when doing the lengthening, this would cause the magnet to contact the other rod, so my right leg grows faster. Right now, I have grown 2.8cm on my right leg and 2.5cm on my left.

I did three stretches now. One being done in the hospital and two being done at home. Doing PT is not easy and fun, you need to have the courage to overcome the pain.

I went to swim today and I found that I can’t move my leg much, I can only float in the water. Hopefully, this will change as my leg becomes looser.

There is no more pain from surgery and my wound is healing really good. The only difficulties right now is at night, my leg becomes really tight and sore which always wakes me up, if I don’t eat the Acetaminophen PM.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2019, 11:51:18 AM »

Hi how are you feeling now? Everything go smoothly? I have wanted this procedure for 20 years, I first heard of it as a child, I’m now 34 I’m a woman who is 5’2 and a half, and would like to gain 3 inches. Would you recommend this procedure? I’m looking at Dr M, Paley and they even do it in Istanbul Turkey. I’m from the UK and recently they have bought the Paley technique to London, Dr  Ian Bacarese-Hamilton does it in London in assassination to the alley method, I’m saving for this as so much money, of course it’ll be easier for me to go to London as I am not far from London. But considering US Dr M and looking at doctors with a lot of experience

OGfivesevener

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »

I met Just Do It today. We all went to PT together.

The courage it takes for younger patients is astonishing. This journey is not to be taken lightly.

just do it

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2019, 02:06:33 AM »

I am doing amazingly well so far.I am surprised that I can sleep 9 hours at night without waking up. I have officially grown about 3.5 cm now. The only problem right now is that I have lost 9kg since the surgery. I think it is because the surgery did some harm to my appetite. Hopefully, I would be able to gain some weight as I get better.

Right now, I am trying to use cane instead of crouches. I found that crouches can support a lot of weight, however, canes cannot,you have to put most of your weight on you leg. When I am walking, my body will shake left and right. I think it is because my IT band is very tight. I hope that this will improve as I do more stretch.

MirinHeight

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2019, 04:14:04 AM »

I am doing amazingly well so far.I am surprised that I can sleep 9 hours at night without waking up. I have officially grown about 3.5 cm now. The only problem right now is that I have lost 9kg since the surgery. I think it is because the surgery did some harm to my appetite. Hopefully, I would be able to gain some weight as I get better.

Right now, I am trying to use cane instead of crouches. I found that crouches can support a lot of weight, however, canes cannot,you have to put most of your weight on you leg. When I am walking, my body will shake left and right. I think it is because my IT band is very tight. I hope that this will improve as I do more stretch.

Did you get surgery using the stride nail or precise?

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

511TOBE1

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »

I am also your age (maybe a bit older, in 2 months I'll be 18). Unfortunately I won't do the surgery until I am 21 (when I finish my Bachelors degree) but you are such an inspiration to me. I was so terrified by everything I heard but now seeing the progress you have done in such a short time... It's just amazing.
You give me motivation to wait and eventually (in 3 years) do this surgery, so I'll feel more in alignment with myself.
Keep updating us with your amazing journey.

Much appreciation, and I wish you a quick recovery.

just do it

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

Today, I met Dr. Robbins. Everything is good so far, according to the ex-ray I have grown 4.4cm on my right leg and 4.2 on my left leg,which means that I am half way done. The medicine which Dr Robbins recommended to me is Ibuprofen, which is for pain management, this is just for when I get really painful since I am getting tighter.

Right now my goal is higher, hopefully I can make it 8cm instead of 6.5cm. This is because I have seen lots of successful journey so far.

This journey is certainly not getting easier, since my hamstring is getting tighter, if it gets too tight, I have to slow down my lengthening to 3 turns a day, this means I will grow 0.75mm a day.Luckily, Dr Robbins still allow me to do 4 turns a day.

Movie

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »

Today, I met Dr. Robbins. Everything is good so far, according to the ex-ray I have grown 4.4cm on my right leg and 4.2 on my left leg,which means that I am half way done. The medicine which Dr Robbins recommended to me is Ibuprofen, which is for pain management, this is just for when I get really painful since I am getting tighter.

Right now my goal is higher, hopefully I can make it 8cm instead of 6.5cm. This is because I have seen lots of successful journey so far.

This journey is certainly not getting easier, since my hamstring is getting tighter, if it gets too tight, I have to slow down my lengthening to 3 turns a day, this means I will grow 0.75mm a day.Luckily, Dr Robbins still allow me to do 4 turns a day.
I'm glad you're considering the extra 1.5 cm you specially should try and get the most out of this surgery since you're very young & healthy, your body will bounce back no problem!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up