Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femurs with Dr Paley  (Read 12794 times)

511TOBE1

• Visitor
Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »

I am also your age (maybe a bit older, in 2 months I'll be 18). Unfortunately I won't do the surgery until I am 21 (when I finish my Bachelors degree) but you are such an inspiration to me. I was so terrified by everything I heard but now seeing the progress you have done in such a short time... It's just amazing.
You give me motivation to wait and eventually (in 3 years) do this surgery, so I'll feel more in alignment with myself.
Keep updating us with your amazing journey.

Much appreciation, and I wish you a quick recovery.

just do it

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

Today, I met Dr. Robbins. Everything is good so far, according to the ex-ray I have grown 4.4cm on my right leg and 4.2 on my left leg,which means that I am half way done. The medicine which Dr Robbins recommended to me is Ibuprofen, which is for pain management, this is just for when I get really painful since I am getting tighter.

Right now my goal is higher, hopefully I can make it 8cm instead of 6.5cm. This is because I have seen lots of successful journey so far.

This journey is certainly not getting easier, since my hamstring is getting tighter, if it gets too tight, I have to slow down my lengthening to 3 turns a day, this means I will grow 0.75mm a day.Luckily, Dr Robbins still allow me to do 4 turns a day.

Movie

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »

Today, I met Dr. Robbins. Everything is good so far, according to the ex-ray I have grown 4.4cm on my right leg and 4.2 on my left leg,which means that I am half way done. The medicine which Dr Robbins recommended to me is Ibuprofen, which is for pain management, this is just for when I get really painful since I am getting tighter.

Right now my goal is higher, hopefully I can make it 8cm instead of 6.5cm. This is because I have seen lots of successful journey so far.

This journey is certainly not getting easier, since my hamstring is getting tighter, if it gets too tight, I have to slow down my lengthening to 3 turns a day, this means I will grow 0.75mm a day.Luckily, Dr Robbins still allow me to do 4 turns a day.
I'm glad you're considering the extra 1.5 cm you specially should try and get the most out of this surgery since you're very young & healthy, your body will bounce back no problem!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

just do it

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »

@ MirinHeight I am using the stryde nail, since it can support my whole weight.

@ Dreamingtobetaller Everything is going smoothly. I don’t think that 5’2 and a half feet is a problem with girls, but if you think it’s short, then I have no comments.I think this is a really worthwhile surgery, since the tallness will be with you forever. There is no problem with the stryde nail, you will be in good hand if you have the surgery with Dr Paley. He is the most experienced doctor in the world.

just do it

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »

Dear all,
Long time no update, so, I will write about my two month limb lengthening experience.

I can’t believe how fast time flies. Last Sunday,August 18 is  two month since my limb lengthening surgery. Until today, I have grown about 5.8 cm on my right and 5.3cm on my left leg.Which means that I still have 1.2 cm of lengthening on my right and 1.7 on my left leg to achieve 7cm.  I have decreased my goal because I will do my tibias in the next two years, to allow a good proportion.

Right now, both my legs are getting tight. I have to eat ibuprofen every night in order to sleep well.My appetite is getting better day by day as I get more comfortable, but my weight still haven’t gained much,  I think this is because a lot of my energy is used to recovery of my legs.

I did two aquatics therapy during my lengthening process with Katie Crane. I would recommend her, since she is really professional which can be seen on her smile and her energy level. She chooses different stretches for me according to my situation.With the help of Katie, I am now not afraid to move my legs in water  and swim for a few laps.

One great news is that I don’t need to use walker and crouches to walk, I am only assisted by the cane. Most of the time when I am in the hotel I can walk with no assistance.

Overall, it is a worthwhile surgery and I really appreciate the help from Dr Paley and his fantastic  team for making my journey a very successful one. Two more weeks, I will finish my lengthening process and I’ll go back to my normal life in about three weeks from now.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »

Amazing update... great to see you ..reaching your goal ..

Movie

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »

Congrats young man! All the best you're doing great
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »

Good job buddy!

I wasn't comfortable on the cane until about week 15 'ish.  I'm a late bloomer I guess. haha.  You're doing wonderfully! Keep it up.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

just do it

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »

I am doing great right now. Right now, I am 6.5 right and 6.1 on my left. This is measurement base on math. This leaves me about 5 more days before I finish my right leg and 9 more days for my left. Anyway, I am almost done!

As you would have imagined, both of my leg are getting tighter day by day as I get taller. At night, I need to eat two ibuprofen in order to sleep better without waking up. I have no problem of sleeping two hours after lunch, this allows me to recover faster.

As summer are ending, most of my lengthening friends left in this two weeks. All of them are doing wonderfully well. I found that most of the patients have leg length discrepancy , this is normal since two legs have different tightness, so the speed of lengthening is different for both of the leg. It has been a great summer, I have made a lot of new friends both in the hotel and in Paley’s Institute.Hopefully, these can be my life long friends.

I really hope that I can recover faster, so that I can return to my normal life as soon as possible.

Resilience

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2019, 08:13:53 PM »

Hey Movie,

How've you been doing? How does the lengthening process feel?

Are you also able to pitch into http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64338.msg165617#msg165617?

korok123

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:48 PM »

How about you stop hijacking people's threads

Movie

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »

Hey Movie,

How've you been doing? How does the lengthening process feel?

Are you also able to pitch into http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64338.msg165617#msg165617?
ask me in my diary lol I'll answer
Nails removed 10/06/2021

just do it

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 12:26:46 AM »

I have almost finished my limb lengthening process. Right now, I have slowed down my right leg to 2 turns each day, and 4 turns for my left leg, this is to make sure that both of my leg are at the same length before I go back next Thursday.

The only thing  I am worried about is that I might have 1 cm difference between my left and right leg. Hopefully, both of my leg will be at the same length.

1-5cm is the easiest in all of my 3 month journey.From 5cm onward,it gets much harder as my leg gets tighter.PT is the most important part in this process.After PT, my leg gets much more flexible.Two years later I will do my tibia, hopefully, it will be as successful as this journey.

just do it

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »

Great news!  The X-Ray says I am 7.5cm taller, but actually the doctors say that I am 7.1-7.2cm taller than before, which means I have ended my femur limb lengthening journey. Dr Robin said that I have to continue to eat Vitamin D and Calcium for two more month and continue to do PT until I can walk normally again.

Here I want to say a huge thank you to everyone in this forum for the continuous support throughout the whole journey. Especially to my Mum and Dad for supporting me and accompany me for this three month. I also want to show my gratitude to Dr Paley and his team,they made my life much happier.

Thank you and see you in two years time for my Tibias journey.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:33:01 PM by just do it »

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »

Congratulations.. just do it ...  I'm so glad everything went ok ..
Dr Paley... is definitely a great doctor...  you were always In safe hands ..
Please keep us all updated.. panda  8)

cena

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2019, 07:30:09 PM »

Great job just do it. You are lucky to have done this at your age and to have parents who supported you.

Show us how you walk and run in the next few months if possible  :)

Have a safe flight.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:43 PM »

JDI, why you changed your initial goal?
Go for it

just do it

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:54 PM »

@wannagrowtaller I changed my goal because I will do my tibias in two years time. This would allow me to have a good proportion.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »

Well, if you will do tibias too, I think 6cm in femur and 5cm in tibia would keep your proportion close to 80% femur/tibia ratio and it would not be too hard on your soft tissues.

But that's your choice and I respect that.
Go for it

just do it

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2019, 12:51:34 AM »

Here is my walking video which I took today.

InFullStryde

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2019, 02:02:14 AM »

Nice job, "Just Do It".  You did it and you look ALOT taller. Wow; what a difference.  For those new to the forum and to CLL; what you are seeing is a young man who just completed his lengthening phase so there is some stiffness; but your knee extension is  very good, appears that you do not have anterior pelvic tilt and flexion is okay.   In 1 month time your walk will really start to look normal...and in 2 more months around month 5; you'll REALLY be looking good.  Great job buddy!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »

Proportions honestly look great. The extra length accentuates your slenderness, but your torso and head still seem much longer than your legs, which is an absolute win. Filling out your frame with a little bit of muscle would further improve your proportions. Great job and keep pushing your walk to further normalcy.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »

Congrats just do it! Proportions and walk look great. Happy to see the hard work pay off and excited to see you enjoy your new height. Please keep us posted on your progress through the consolidation stage, and most of all, the benefits of your new height!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

just do it

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »

I just want to say a final thank you for everyone’s support and encouragement, it really helps me to get going. I am now on the way back to Hong Kong, hopefully I would be able to cope with this 16 hours of long flight.
By the way, I feel great to be able to touch the airplane’s seat ceiling.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

I just want to say a final thank you for everyone’s support and encouragement, it really helps me to get going. I am now on the way back to China, hopefully I would be able to cope with this 16 hours of long flight.
Wish you the best of luck.
Go for it

Tomhard

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2019, 01:19:16 AM »

Hey just do it,
How are you doing? Any updates or new walking video?

BeYourBest

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2019, 09:35:38 PM »

I just want to say a final thank you for everyone’s support and encouragement, it really helps me to get going. I am now on the way back to Hong Kong, hopefully I would be able to cope with this 16 hours of long flight.
By the way, I feel great to be able to touch the airplane’s seat ceiling.

Wish you the best

andreaello

• Visitor
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »

that amazing good on you, im also living in Shanghai
will be good to hear about your experience in this forum, do you have WeChat ?
Thank you

just do it

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2019, 12:29:16 PM »

Update:
It's been a flying 4 months since my surgery. It's been a really quick recovery, I am now very busy studying in the school.

Right now, I have no pain at all, which means I am not having any pain medicine, however, I am still having 2 Calcium and 2 Vitamin D, to continue eating for at least 3 more months. My walking is getting much better without using the crane, but I am still swaying a bit and I still cannot climb the stairs without holding on to the railings, that might be because my bone hasn't recovered yet. I cannot do any sport which involves running for another 4-5 months until my bone fully recovered. The thing that surprised me is that I cannot feel any rods in my leg. My weight hasn't increased, I am still very skinny, weighing 45 kg,  have 9kg to reach my normal weight, but my appetite is getting much better compared to my time in the US.

I am continuing to do my normal exercise routine at home, 2 times a day and 2 PT sessions a week at the PT office. I hope that my walking will improve in the next two months and that I can return to sport by April next year.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:09:43 PM by just do it »

just do it

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2019, 12:45:44 PM »

Here is my walking video which I took today

OGfivesevener

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2019, 01:06:12 AM »

good job justdoit! Few more months and you'll be back to normal.

I'm stretching 0-1X a day haha. Finally get to be a little lazy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up