Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias  (Read 15929 times)

BlueHen

Re: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 05:09:03 AM »

Thank for the reply.
I had a word with him he is asking for some booking amount I am bit confused weather should I trust him with or not so just a quick query, how you paid ?

Yeah I paid $1000 to book the surgery, the rest I paid in India. I used an app called Transferwise to transfer the money because it saves money on the exchange - but it can be slow, can take a few days to complete transfer.
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

BlueHen

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 05:18:13 AM »

Day 41

Everything continues to get harder the further I lengthen. 3 of my pin-sites are stinging like hell from pin cutting even though it doesn't look that bad. Ankle/knee flexion is getting harder. I just have more pain in general and was finding it much harder to sleep. I started taking Tramadol for the first time, I take it around 9pm and even though I have read that it can cause insomnia it has been a miracle for sending me to sleep. I've taken it the last 3 nights and fallen asleep within about 15 minutes of midnight and barley woken up in the night which is amazing.

I forgot to mention since 3cm I have been standing with a walker. I really like it, it feels weird with the pressure in my pins, but it feels good and I can feel the blood flow to my legs and feel my legs regaining strength. I've been lengthening at .75mm/day for the last 4 days and plan to continue at this rate from now on.

I just keep saying get through August then as soon as September starts it's only 20 days until frame removal - 20 days is nothing. I should be getting an xray around Sep 2nd, by then I should be just shy of 4cm in both legs.
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

BlueHen

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 05:35:31 AM »

Day 47

Had Xrays yesterday, was expecting just over 4cm on both legs, got 4.08cm on my left and 3.84cm on my right. It's weird because I've lengthened my right 3mm more but it hasn't caught up. Still it's not far off. Will attach Xrays below

I've been in agony the last couple of days. 2 days ago I woke up with extreme swelling on my left ankle and it's not going down and it is causing me sooooo much pain; by far the worst pain I've had since day 3 after surgery. The worst of the swelling is right on the 2 pins on the outside of my ankle and it is causing so much pain at the pin, lot's of pin cutting and a deep, sharp, constant pain right through to my ankle bone. I would say it's a 6 on the pain scale when resting and an 8-9 during physio, painkillers maybe knock it down just by 1 point. I've been elevating it for 6+hours a day and icing it but it's not going down.

I cannot wait for frame removal, I should reach my goal of 5.2cm by the 18th, but I'm worried my right leg still won't have caught up (even though I will lengthen it 3mm more than my left) and that will delay frame removal as I will need another set of Xrays to check my gaps are equal length.

https://imgur.com/41Xbrhc

Adios

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 07:16:46 AM »

Day 47

Had Xrays yesterday, was expecting just over 4cm on both legs, got 4.08cm on my left and 3.84cm on my right. It's weird because I've lengthened my right 3mm more but it hasn't caught up. Still it's not far off. Will attach Xrays below

I've been in agony the last couple of days. 2 days ago I woke up with extreme swelling on my left ankle and it's not going down and it is causing me sooooo much pain; by far the worst pain I've had since day 3 after surgery. The worst of the swelling is right on the 2 pins on the outside of my ankle and it is causing so much pain at the pin, lot's of pin cutting and a deep, sharp, constant pain right through to my ankle bone. I would say it's a 6 on the pain scale when resting and an 8-9 during physio, painkillers maybe knock it down just by 1 point. I've been elevating it for 6+hours a day and icing it but it's not going down.

I cannot wait for frame removal, I should reach my goal of 5.2cm by the 18th, but I'm worried my right leg still won't have caught up (even though I will lengthen it 3mm more than my left) and that will delay frame removal as I will need another set of Xrays to check my gaps are equal length.

Hi BlueHen,
Don't be upset this is just another phase of the journey, mostly when you going towards the end of it. I also faced the pain and swelling but it will be fine don't take too much stress because stress also cause negative effect on your recovery.
And about the difference in length, its not something that can't be correct.Have patience and faith everything will be alright. Your Xray looks good even better than mine.

Arabic Man

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 01:49:27 PM »

Day 47

You r almost done, don't worry I had same problem when I was lengthening the left to catch up the right, sometimes ur muscle push back ur bone so it is expected.   

Joker

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »

Congratulations, Your X-ray looks good and I believe Arabic man and adios are right. You are almost done good luck.

BlueHen

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »

Day 54

Thanks for your supporting words guys, means a lot considering 2 of you have gone through the same recently.

My condition is still fine, no ballerina yet, should be around 4.7cm as of today. I do have quite a lot of pain though, which is normal I guess at this stage. Some of the pain comes from pin cutting which is rather bad on some pins, but it's an entirely superficial pain. The rest of the pain is in my left ankle, the swelling has gone down quite a lot but my left ankle still hurts at the pin.

I'm standing everyday with walker, although I am now putting 100% of my weight on my legs. At first when I stand my heels do not touch the floor but after a minute they do, Harry says this is to do with pin tightness and not actually ballerina yet which is good.

I'm having, hopefully, my last Xray on the 18th after that unless there is a problem with the length of the gap Harry will book for frame removal ASAP. I really hope we manage to get frame removal quickly after Xray because I think it will help with recovery, right now physical therapy is very painful because of the pin pain.

Can't believe I'm almost done with the lengthening part, in about 10 days I will never spend another day of life in frames. It's a shame they have started to cause me pain this last week because in a weird way I know I will miss some things about them - the turning, sitting up, hugging my arms under my legs and just admiring the engineering of them, everyday it seems I find something new that I didn't know about them. But on balance of course I'm soooooo excited for frame removal - I can't imagine how light my legs are going to feel after removal, it will be weird.

Thatguy19

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »

Hi BlueHen. How did you find Dr Pradip Sharma? And why him only? Considering most westerners are afraid of getting it done in India.

What was the cost of approx cost of the procedure?

BlueHen

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »

Hi BlueHen. How did you find Dr Pradip Sharma? And why him only? Considering most westerners are afraid of getting it done in India.

What was the cost of approx cost of the procedure?

Hi Thatguy,

I found Dr Sharma through this forum. I called every doctor within my price range for a phone consultation and Dr Sharma was my favourite for many reason. I also liked the set-up with physio twice daily provided by Harry who I knew had very good LL knowledge. I couldn't tell why I wasn't afraid of India, I really wanted to get this surgery done when I was young. I have been following the forums (here and the old forum) since 2014, observing everyone's outcomes and I thought with careful planning and conservative goals I could have success with India, I still believe that.

Thatguy19

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 05:39:45 PM »

Wonderful mate. Congratulations!

Does he offer stryde? How much was the cost? (You can PM me the cost if you find telling here uncomfortable.)

BlueHen

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »

Wonderful mate. Congratulations!

Does he offer stryde? How much was the cost? (You can PM me the cost if you find telling here uncomfortable.)

Thanks!

No he doesn't offer stryde atm, just LON Tibia lengthening. The price is $15,000 which includes everything for 3 months(accommodation, food, physiotherapy, e.c.t)

BlueHen

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2019, 09:59:54 AM »

Day 61

Went for Xrays today - I actually have got more length than I was expecting. I was expected around 5.2cm on both legs, I got 5.6 on my right and 5.4 on my left. I'll attach below

I'm happy with the Xrays, I going to lengthen my left 1mm and shorten my right 1mm to hopefully even them out, they will be measured again on the operating table during frame removal to ensure they are equal. Hopefully I will be removing frames very soon.

I'm very happy to be done lengthening. I was starting to get knee bending - I can only keep my legs straight for maybe 10 minutes before my hamstrings feel too stretched. And my ankles are really tight, when I stand for a few minutes my heels touch the floor 90% but they are maybe 0.5cm off the ground at the back so I was starting to get ballerina.

Can't wait to remove frames, now I can focus fully on recovery and forget about lengthening!

https://imgur.com/Hhdjo4A

Thatguy19

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »

Ha - that must have been cheap for you being a European.

Why stop at 5.6cm though?

Indian Girl

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »

Day 61

Went for Xrays today - I actually have got more length than I was expecting. I was expected around 5.2cm on both legs, I got 5.6 on my right and 5.4 on my left. I'll attach below

I'm happy with the Xrays, I going to lengthen my left 1mm and shorten my right 1mm to hopefully even them out, they will be measured again on the operating table during frame removal to ensure they are equal. Hopefully I will be removing frames very soon.

I'm very happy to be done lengthening. I was starting to get knee bending - I can only keep my legs straight for maybe 10 minutes before my hamstrings feel too stretched. And my ankles are really tight, when I stand for a few minutes my heels touch the floor 90% but they are maybe 0.5cm off the ground at the back so I was starting to get ballerina.

Can't wait to remove frames, now I can focus fully on recovery and forget about lengthening!

Please minus 15 % from computerised measurement
It is always more than your real lengthening amount becouse of magnification.
Tell your Dr. Next time use metal scale for better result.
And your left tibia look crooked and misaligned
You must have foot inversion or Everson. Or you may have permanent knee pain.

BlueHen

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »

Please minus 15 % from computerised measurement
It is always more than your real lengthening amount becouse of magnification.
Tell your Dr. Next time use metal scale for better result.
And your left tibia look crooked and misaligned
You must have foot inversion or Everson. Or you may have permanent knee pain.

Hi Indian Girl,

Nope. Thanks for your concern though.

I hope your lengthening is going well, best of luck!

BlueHen

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »

Ha - that must have been cheap for you being a European.

Why stop at 5.6cm though?

Recovery is a top priority of mine, more so than an extra cm or two

TallPersonality

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2019, 03:52:46 AM »

Your callus looks very strong in X-rays. Can I ask you if you use any supplements and how your diet looks like?

Adios

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2019, 06:32:20 AM »

Day 61

Hi Brother
Xray looks perfect.
God bless you for your recovery. Bone formation is also there. Now the major part comes once the frame remove, work on your muscles. You will be fine in no time. Your journey being very calculus. PERFECT.
Best of luck....

BlueHen

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »

Your callus looks very strong in X-rays. Can I ask you if you use any supplements and how your diet looks like?

Hi Tallpersonality - thanks!

I supplement 1200mg of calcium and 5000 IU of vitamin D3 every day. My diet is high protein - lots of protein shakes/protein bars/chicken/eggs. Tbh I'm planning on changing my diet because I have only been eating around 2500 calories/day and I have read it is better to eat around 4000+ (I gotten much skinner since the surgery too)

BlueHen

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »

Hi Brother
Xray looks perfect.
God bless you for your recovery. Bone formation is also there. Now the major part comes once the frame remove, work on your muscles. You will be fine in no time. Your journey being very calculus. PERFECT.
Best of luck....

Thank you Adios, yes I am looking forward to finishing this first chapter of the journey. Harry has confirmed I'm removing my frames tomorrow morning, very excited!

Hope your recovery is still going well :)

Beforeandafter

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »

Hi
Bluehen how are you ? Is your frame removed or not ?

BlueHen

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »

Day 69

I had my frames removed on Saturday the 21st. I Was in and out of the hospital in about 8 hours, went fairly smooth I think. Had some really bad pain right when I woke up after the surgery. I told the nurse it was a 9 on the scale and she gave me a painkiller in my IV, after about 20 minutes the pain went right down.

I've had a lot of swelling around the ankles and where they insert the nails at the bottom of the tibia which is to be expected, it is going down slowly. My ankles feel painful sometimes, I'm not sure what it is. Apart from that I have no pain, I haven't thought about taking a painkiller since the day after surgery.

My tibia's look so long! You don't notice until you take frames off (they're also skinny as hell which adds to it). My legs feel so weak right now.

I must admit I feel strange right now, I'm not sure why, I feel probably the lowest I have since I arrived in India. Even though everything is going according to plan and there have been no complications; I just feel weird. I guess I'm getting sick of my total lack of mobility, I really hope it picks up soon, even if it just means walking with crutches I'll be happy. Sleeping is much harder then it was in frames for some strange reason. I used to fall asleep within an hour, now it takes 2-3 hours.

I do feel these next few weeks are probably going to be a low point, and I'm prepared for that. Hopefully once I've made it through them I will slowly start to rebuild strength.

Joker

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2019, 12:12:05 PM »

Congratulations man .
I also made my with Dr Pradeep Sharma will join you soon.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »

Day 69

I had my frames removed on Saturday the 21st. I Was in and out of the hospital in about 8 hours, went fairly smooth I think. Had some really bad pain right when I woke up after the surgery. I told the nurse it was a 9 on the scale and she gave me a painkiller in my IV, after about 20 minutes the pain went right down.

I've had a lot of swelling around the ankles and where they insert the nails at the bottom of the tibia which is to be expected, it is going down slowly. My ankles feel painful sometimes, I'm not sure what it is. Apart from that I have no pain, I haven't thought about taking a painkiller since the day after surgery.

My tibia's look so long! You don't notice until you take frames off (they're also skinny as hell which adds to it). My legs feel so weak right now.

I must admit I feel strange right now, I'm not sure why, I feel probably the lowest I have since I arrived in India. Even though everything is going according to plan and there have been no complications; I just feel weird. I guess I'm getting sick of my total lack of mobility, I really hope it picks up soon, even if it just means walking with crutches I'll be happy. Sleeping is much harder then it was in frames for some strange reason. I used to fall asleep within an hour, now it takes 2-3 hours.

I do feel these next few weeks are probably going to be a low point, and I'm prepared for that. Hopefully once I've made it through them I will slowly start to rebuild strength.
That is strange, you should feel more comfortable now , probably because quite heavy weight gone from your legs after months. Don’t worry you will be fine. I guess the feeling of walking tall would worth the discomfort.
All the Best and keep us updated.

BlueHen

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »

Day 75

Things are starting to improve slowly. Standing/walking with walker has become easy, I feel I am ready for crutches, Harry says we may start with them next week. My legs are feeling stronger and my ankles are feeling less tight already. I still occasionally have a slight pain just above my ankles

I will go for an Xray soon (probably next week) to see how much callus there is/see how much weight-bearing I can do.

Strangely my sleeping is still worse than it was when I was in frames, but it is starting to improve.

Joker

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2019, 06:15:15 PM »

Day 75

Things are starting to improve slowly. Standing/walking with walker has become easy, I feel I am ready for crutches, Harry says we may start with them next week. My legs are feeling stronger and my ankles are feeling less tight already. I still occasionally have a slight pain just above my ankles

I will go for an Xray soon (probably next week) to see how much callus there is/see how much weight-bearing I can do.

Strangely my sleeping is still worse than it was when I was in frames, but it is starting to improve.
Great brother, things getting improve .
Keep us update

Atypical

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

Congratulations , is that possible for you to post some actual photo or videos , I am curious to see the shape of your feet.
Quite a precise diary. I am not very cognisant about this but quite a qualm how everything has completed on exact timing.
Please don’t get offended I am just a newbie here and everything seems perfect with all the Dr Pradeep Sharma’s patients.
It’ seems  fallacious.
I wish I am wrong but would actually like to see you walk.
All the best.

Adios

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2019, 07:02:20 PM »

Day 75

All the best brother you doing good.

BlueHen

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2019, 06:46:32 AM »

Congratulations , is that possible for you to post some actual photo or videos , I am curious to see the shape of your feet.
Quite a precise diary. I am not very cognisant about this but quite a qualm how everything has completed on exact timing.
Please don’t get offended I am just a newbie here and everything seems perfect with all the Dr Pradeep Sharma’s patients.
It’ seems  fallacious.
I wish I am wrong but would actually like to see you walk.
All the best.

Hey Atypical,

Not gonna be posting any videos/photos anytime soon. I'm very concerned about anonymity. 90% of diaries do not post videos, I have been 100% honest with everything I have written and provided all Xrays if you do not believe me I can't help you.

I wouldn't say things have gone perfect yet, I'm not even walking on crutches yet. I still have all my mobility to get back.

BlueHen

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:00 AM »

Day 80

Went for my first Xrays since frame removal yesterday. Harry says the callus is good, I can't really see that much callus tbh but it's only a couple weeks since frame removal. I was expecting a little more callus tbh. Xray attached below

https://imgur.com/a/jh6S4yI

Everything else is going alright, no pain expect for a tiny bit just above the ankles occasionally. I really want to improve my mobility over the next couple of weeks it is very important to me, Harry says we will start walking with crutches this week.

Joker

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2019, 04:21:43 AM »

Great brother, Your callus looks good , fibula almost join.
Have you start walk or not yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up