Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias  (Read 15930 times)

Smaller

Re: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2020, 08:12:09 PM »

Update on my condition.

Since my last post I have not touched my crutch. Two weeks ago I walked 5km Friday, 7km Saturday and 4 km Sunday (I checked on my phone) no crutches of course, I was walking around the city with my friends going to lots of different places and my legs felt fine, I was also walking very fast overtaking people on the street. I have felt totally normal since my last post in terms of walking. I walk at least 3km everyday without problems. My gait is totally normal, up and down stairs no railing e.c.t (although downstairs I am little slow without railing because my calf flexibility still needs work)
Congratulations BlueHen .
I am eagerly waiting about your video.

I have started light jogging too, first time it happened I subconsciously started running for a train. Running feels weird, not like walking which I picked up again straight away, because right now when I run I don't take big strides a precaution, but I can jog a bit and it is faster than my fastest walking.

I tried recording a video at my gym but there wasn't enough space, and I want to show jogging. I promise a video is coming soon!

Adios

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »

How is your ankle ?
Are you feel still stiff in the morning?

Beforeandafter

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2020, 07:37:14 PM »

Hi Bluehen
Waiting for your walking video.

NEET

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »

What is your current status?

BlueHen

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2020, 11:34:22 PM »

Hi all,

It's been over a year since my initial surgery. Things are going very well. I will attach a video at end of post

I wanted to update my diary sooner, the two reasons I didn't are

1) I wanted to wait until I had a video, but I'm very concerned about anonymity and it is hard to record a video without comprising that
2) I felt like if I wrote an honest update people might say I'm fake because really I'm not currently having any problems

But I owe it to this forum which I lurked on for years before getting my surgery to write an honest and full dairy. If it weren't for this forum I would have never had the surgery and I'm very glad I did.

My last update was January 25th and I was walking 100% normal and starting to jog. Things continued to improve quickly from that point and I was able to jog 100% normally from March. Playing sports since April.

Summary of where my legs are at today:

1) Running - I can run pretty much as fast as before surgery (when playing sports I'm faster than many of my friends) although not for as long because my endurance is terrible

2) Flexibility - Still not 100% but my physio said it was within lower end of normal range and has improved since then (I haven't seen a physio since January). I don't have any issues with flexibility on a daily basis or even during sports apart from when squatting without shoes, but even then I find if I hold the weight in-front of me it helps me balance

3) Strength - Still not 100%. I only recently starting trying to build strength back up in legs. I notice lack of strength in legs when I jump because my jump is much lower than before.

4) General daily life - 100% back to normal since February. I'm active, I don't notice the fact I had LL at all during my daily life. First thing I do every morning is walk down stairs to bathroom and I no longer even feel any slight tightness in calves when doing that.

I'm confident I will get back to 100% on everything - I haven't been pushing myself at all these last 6 months when it comes to strength/flexibility/endurance and with training I believe I can get back to better than I was before even.

Here is brief video of me running - https://imgur.com/a/2HiSxr9

I found this was the only way to record without showing myself, so it is a little awkward running whilst holding my phone far to my side and down! Also this is why I went barefoot (I know people IRL who are considering LL and if they saw my shoes on here they might recognise them!) at the start if I'm walking a bit weird it's to avoid spiky things on ground btw (also I've always had a slightly open hip where my feet don't point straight they point out slightly, nothing to do with LL).

This is not my fastest running/acceleration by any means (was having to dodge spiky grass barefoot!), just a quick video. Anyway, I know I would have found it useful as someone looking into LL.

If you have any questions ask away - I will check here in September and reply if there are any. I may try and record a better video at some point also.

Good luck to everyone thinking about/going through LL right now.
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Samsunny889

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2020, 04:28:27 AM »

How r the scars on your leg, hope they must have lightened by now. Also when are you planning to remove the IM nail.

BMW

• Visitor
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2020, 06:47:26 AM »

Hi all,

It's been over a year since my initial surgery. Things are going very well. I will attach a video at end of post

1) I wanted to wait until I had a video, but I'm very concerned about anonymity and it is hard to record a video without comprising that
2) I felt like if I wrote an honest update people might say I'm fake because really I'm not currently having any problems

But I owe it to this forum which I lurked on for years before getting my surgery to write an honest and full dairy. If it weren't for this forum I would have never had the surgery and I'm very glad I did.

My last update was January 25th and I was walking 100% normal and starting to jog. Things continued to improve quickly from that point and I was able to jog 100% normally from March. Playing sports since April.

1) Running - I can run pretty much as fast as before surgery (when playing sports I'm faster than many of my friends) although not for as long because my endurance is terrible

2) Flexibility - Still not 100% but my physio said it was within lower end of normal range and has improved since then (I haven't seen a physio since January). I don't have any issues with flexibility on a daily basis or even during sports apart from when squatting without shoes, but even then I find if I hold the weight in-front of me it helps me balance

3) Strength - Still not 100%. I only recently starting trying to build strength back up in legs. I notice lack of strength in legs when I jump because my jump is much lower than before.

4) General daily life - 100% back to normal since February. I'm active, I don't notice the fact I had LL at all during my daily life. First thing I do every morning is walk down stairs to bathroom and I no longer even feel any slight tightness in calves when doing that.

I'm confident I will get back to 100% on everything - I haven't been pushing myself at all these last 6 months when it comes to strength/flexibility/endurance and with training I believe I can get back to better than I was before even.

I found this was the only way to record without showing myself, so it is a little awkward running whilst holding my phone far to my side and down! Also this is why I went barefoot (I know people IRL who are considering LL and if they saw my shoes on here they might recognise them!) at the start if I'm walking a bit weird it's to avoid spiky things on ground btw (also I've always had a slightly open hip where my feet don't point straight they point out slightly, nothing to do with LL).

This is not my fastest running/acceleration by any means (was having to dodge spiky grass barefoot!), just a quick video. Anyway, I know I would have found it useful as someone looking into LL.

If you have any questions ask away - I will check here in September and reply if there are any. I may try and record a better video at some point also.

Congratulations very impressive recovery.

Movie

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2020, 07:28:08 AM »

Congrats man! If your sprinting is back to before surgery I'm impressed, int he video you showed similar pace as mine when I'm actually kind of pushing for speed.

do you still have hardware in you?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Smaller

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

Hi all,

Amazing brother. Flawless .  Eagerly waiting and working hard on my legs to fly like this. This is splendid.

Arrogance

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2020, 07:55:53 PM »

You may not be 100% recovered, but do you feel like the potential is there? Or do you feel like you reached an invisible ceiling. Like for example when I was paralyzed I couldn't even force my leg to move. It was only after I regained my functionality that I could strenghten it more and more
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

a

• 5'9
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »

You may not be 100% recovered, but do you feel like the potential is there? Or do you feel like you reached an invisible ceiling. Like for example when I was paralyzed I couldn't even force my leg to move. It was only after I regained my functionality that I could strenghten it more and more

Arrogance it might be irrevelant but I wanted to say that your signature is insane bro. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Arrogance

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2020, 08:23:36 PM »

Arrogance it might be irrevelant but I wanted to say that your signature is insane bro. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
Wow, thanks! I wasn't expecting this. Now I feel like someone whom I fell in love with on this forum. Also a great writer
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Gman23

« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2020, 04:50:56 PM »

Great Diary, could you please send me link or tell me how much the surgery cost you? And also what is your opinion on doing 2 surgeries, 6cm tibia and 8cm femurs? As I’m 160cm and want to gain at-least 4-5 inches, please reply thank You
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

BlueHen

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2020, 08:30:39 PM »

How r the scars on your leg, hope they must have lightened by now. Also when are you planning to remove the IM nail.

Hi Samsunny889 - my scars have lightened a lot, they are not big but people would notice if I wore shorts, I might do surgery to change the discolouration. I have not decided about removing IM nails, I probably will remove in 2021.

Congrats man! If your sprinting is back to before surgery I'm impressed, int he video you showed similar pace as mine when I'm actually kind of pushing for speed.
do you still have hardware in you?

Hey Movie - thanks! I really enjoyed reading your diary; even though you started a month or so later than me I always found it motivating to read. Yes, I can run a bit faster than in that video, especially when I'm in shoes. I still have nails in yes planning to remove in 2021 but in rush because they don't bother me.

I feel like I can reach 100%, but it will probably take another 2 years to get my leg strength back to 100% - 150kg deadlift/120kg squat for 5 reps. I'm not sure I will bother deadlifting/squatting in future, it's not super important to me and I feel I can build leg strength in safer ways with less weight.

Great Diary, could you please send me link or tell me how much the surgery cost you? And also what is your opinion on doing 2 surgeries, 6cm tibia and 8cm femurs? As I’m 160cm and want to gain at-least 4-5 inches, please reply thank You

surgery cost can be found on Pradip Sharma's page in this forum - the current price is $16,000 I believe.

My advice would be to do 6cm on tibias - do not go over 6cm on tibias. Doing tibia's is cheaper so more 'bang for your buck' and if you recover well then you can do femurs. I feel like I could do femurs now if I wanted to. But do not do them at the same time you will fk up your legs. When you lengthen tibia's your hamstrings get tight; I can't imagine if i was lengthening femurs at the same time it would be much more difficult to maintain flexibility/regain mobility.
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Joker

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2020, 05:47:01 PM »

Hi all,

Congratulations for recovery.

Gman23

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2020, 08:24:14 PM »

Great going ,

Do you know how much the cost is for femur lengthening also what nails are available
Is stryde nail an option or is it only LON.
If only LON, is it a safe, good nail/ method ?
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

NEET

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2020, 12:51:23 PM »

Brother seems like you have achieved your pre operated status. you mind if i ask are you able to do all your activity like squatting, long drive and jumping??

Beforeandafter

« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2020, 12:25:26 PM »

Hi. Bluehen
What is your status now? Can you resume your all activity like before?

NEET

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2020, 01:12:42 PM »

What is your status ? When will you plan for road removal?

BlueHen

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2020, 08:37:24 PM »

update as 2020 comes to an end.

I'm still doing really well. Not much else to report. LL is definitely not something I think about at all anymore really until I look at my scar, my legs feel totally normal.

To answer some recent questions - I can squat/deadlift fine. Squats are a bit harder because my flexibility still isn't 100% so can't go that low unless I do front squats which I find easier. Long drives are fine, I can jump fine. I spoke to my dr recently and asked if it was safe to jump high/do heavy deadlifts and he told me my legs are just as strong as they were before LL (I have full consolidation now) and can handle the same weight.

I haven't decided on rod removal yet. I have no pain at all and my legs feel 100% normal. I'm not sure if it is worth it. The only reason to do it would be for metal detectors at airports but I'm not sure it's worth it.

If any vets who have had rod removal could share their experience with me I would be grateful - how long does it take to recover after the surgery?

Samsunny889

• Visitor
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »

Plz post your X-rays, if u can

TallerVL

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2021, 03:25:13 PM »

Hey how you doing lately? I’m pretty sure you have returned to your normal life and I’m happy for you. Just wondering about when would you get your internal nails removed? Are you going back to India for removal surgery anytime soon?

Jamesy998

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2021, 04:17:25 PM »

Chill, it is a halo quote lol
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

permanentlybanned

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2021, 03:11:05 AM »

update as 2020 comes to an end.

I'm still doing really well. Not much else to report. LL is definitely not something I think about at all anymore really until I look at my scar, my legs feel totally normal.

To answer some recent questions - I can squat/deadlift fine. Squats are a bit harder because my flexibility still isn't 100% so can't go that low unless I do front squats which I find easier. Long drives are fine, I can jump fine. I spoke to my dr recently and asked if it was safe to jump high/do heavy deadlifts and he told me my legs are just as strong as they were before LL (I have full consolidation now) and can handle the same weight.

I haven't decided on rod removal yet. I have no pain at all and my legs feel 100% normal. I'm not sure if it is worth it. The only reason to do it would be for metal detectors at airports but I'm not sure it's worth it.

If any vets who have had rod removal could share their experience with me I would be grateful - how long does it take to recover after the surgery?

People say it take days to a week to recover almost like nothing happened. Definitely short recovery in rod removal
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up