Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71909 times)

Growing

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2021, 09:47:10 PM »

Hey movie, any update. Would be great to see a walking video. Your recovery has been very impressive.

Dreamer57

« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2021, 11:16:59 PM »

Hey man...how are you? Would like to hear from you how your last month was in terms of recovery!

exo

• Visitor
« Reply #436 on: August 16, 2021, 08:27:30 PM »

Nice progress c:
current height: 174cm
goal height: 180cm

father: 198cm
mother: 155cm

racecarworm

« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2021, 02:57:01 AM »

Hey, how does one develops wide hips as a result of LL? I'm 6 months post op and I noticed my hips got way wider & I kinda had duck-ass, but I was aware of the duck-ass thing.

Movie

« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:56 PM »

What's up fellas! I wanted to update you guys, I finally had my rods removed in Spain with Dr Javier Downey, I know crazy haha but it was cool and saved a decent chunk of money.

Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Movie

« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2021, 11:02:21 PM »

so here's the run down before surgery ... Landed 10/3 in the afternoon, went to my arbnb room and tried to get some rest, the next day in the morning I saw Dr. Downey, had a pre-op consult and X-rays to make sure my legs were ready for removal, and they were, clinic was walking distance from my airbnb and the hospital is like 1 minute walking distance from the clinic, Sevilla is pretty nice.

Day 0: Wed 10/6

Day of surgery! I wasn’t nervous at all for this one, I was confident I’d be fine and was more anxious to just get it over and done.
I walked over to the hospital (15 min walk from my airbnb) and arrived at about 8:30, they took a bit of time to check me in for surgery as I am about the only foreigner and private payer scheduled for surgery that morning, was shown to a room where I’d be staying the night and at around 9:45 I was told to dress up, more like undress and get on the open back gown because I was about to get wheeled into surgery room. The surgery room looked very decent, lots of new machinery and technology, clean room, met the anesthesiologist then and there and he told me what would be done but I didn’t quite understand their terminology in the Spaniard accent Spanish they have, the doctors are nice and funny, I was given a dose of happy juice where I felt in cloud 9 for a few minutes , last thing I remember is the doctor feeling on my spine, had the surgery done around 10-10:30 am here,  Dr. Downey and his team got the job done. I woke up around 2:30 PM, I believe and felt my legs heavy as others before me have mentioned, the incision sites felt sore and painful, my pain scaled up to I’d say 6/10 so I called the nurses for some pain relief and they quickly brought me some pain sedatives through the IV and it was much better after that. At around 8:30 pm they brought me dinner and I continued watching YouTube vids/ reading the forums through the night until falling a sleep. Pain level 1-2/10 after pain killers, manageable.

Day 1: Thurs 10/7

The day after surgery was a long one as my laptop and phone died from the usage of the day before and I didn’t bring my chargers. I tried to sleep as much as I could to let time pass and the time, Dr. Downey checked up on me around 2:30-3PM and said I could be discharged whenever I was ready. At around 5 PM I felt like I wanted to go already, the nurses were nice, though they don’t check up on you often, you have to buzz them through a walkie talkie like deceive connected to your hospital bed by a coiled wire for them to answer and see what you need to bring it to you, anyway they bathed me as best they could, and help me get dressed and wheel me to the front door, they assisted me to called a taxi since my phone was dead and off I was to my airbnb about a 5 minute drive from the Hospital, not bad or painful at all really compared to initial surgery. I got to my airbnb , walked and waddled as best as I could to my room, (I made sure I got an airbnb without stairs) finally used my phone/laptop to my heart’s content and slept ( I was happy to see that I can sleep facing down, as that’s my preferred way of sleeping).

Day 2: Fri 10/8

I continue to see improvements, walk is a little less painful, a little faster and I feel more balanced, though still feel tight from my hips and sore, ordered Domino’s pizza and was able to walk up to the front door no issues, was able to bend my knees past 90 degrees today finally, and overall just in better condition that the day before, hoping the trend continues.

Day 3: Sat 10/9

As expected continued improvement, less pain in my incision by my knees when bending the legs, also hip area when moving around, walking with a bit of a waddle still but it’s decreasing daily.

Day 4: Sun 10/10

Surprise surprise, more improvement, I was able to walk a bit more than half a mile total this way in the evening, fatigue did set in towards the end of that, I was walking more waddley than how I started, pain is minor, don’t need Tylenols/Ibuprofens anymore. also can bend my knees fully now, heel touching but while laying down no problem.

Day 5: Mon 10/11

Today was great, finally I felt like my gait is starting to look normal with a bit of effort and slight pain, I went out for a walk in the streets of Sevilla, Andalusia to get something to eat and it was good, about a half mile walk in total maybe slightly more, I like Europe, shops and stuff are walking distance, unlike LA, have to drive for almost everything. I came back to my AirBnb with a smile on my face , I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for this whole ordeal, and that I would be fine for tomorrow’s long travel back to LA (24 hr total of traveling due to a big over lay, couldn’t find a better flight without spending a lot more money) which had me worried that maybe I was going to suffer on my way back, happy that’s not the case.

Day 6: Tue 10/12

Just like that my time in Sevilla was over and I had to make my way to the airport and start my journey back home, I walked a lot this day, It was slightly uncomfortable, but no pain when I’m sitting or laying down on the floor(yes I laid down on the floor to sleep a bit through my layover) overall my gait is good after a few warm up steps because I feel stiff after staying in one position long, but after walking for some minutes, pushing my heavy carry on with my camera and gadgets, the legs start getting a bit tired and waddle slightly. But overall good improvement, not much pain while traveling, couldn’t wait to get home to my bed and finally Sleep good for once in two weeks
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

indication

« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2021, 05:55:35 AM »

Use crutches next 2 months movie. One other guy broke his femur after nail removal. Better safe than sorry.

ilovescience

« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2021, 05:59:44 AM »

Nice to see you share your LL story. Does life feel a lot different now at 175?

Movie

« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2021, 07:04:43 AM »

@indication: Guy broke his femurs because he never ran with the nails on or anything to make the bones stronger and also got them out almost 1 year post-op, mine are out 2years 2 months post-op and I did a lot of jumping around, sprinting and weight lifting to get those bones solid and strong. So no need for me I'm just taking it easy for the next couple months, thanks for concern though!

@ilovescience: life is the same but I perceive it different, so yes it does feel different.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

azman

« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »

Congratulations on a successful nail removal.
Funny how time flies since May/June 2019.
Doesn’t it feels a lot lighter😅?

ilovescience

« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2021, 07:51:25 AM »

@indication: Guy broke his femurs because he never ran with the nails on or anything to make the bones stronger and also got them out almost 1 year post-op, mine are out 2years 2 months post-op and I did a lot of jumping around, sprinting and weight lifting to get those bones solid and strong. So no need for me I'm just taking it easy for the next couple months, thanks for concern though!

@ilovescience: life is the same but I perceive it different, so yes it does feel different.

I am glad you are happy with new height. How is life in Spain? I heard Spanish foods are delicious.

And are you plan to do second surgery to change your height to almost 180 if it's safe to do it again?

Bantem

« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2021, 08:58:56 PM »

Why did you wait so long for nail removal? Were you allowed to get removed after a year?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »

Hello Movie!
Did not check the forum for a while, so I just found out about your nail removal! Congrats. man!! 
Best Wishes,
SNC
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

TakingAction

« Reply #447 on: October 23, 2021, 02:27:39 AM »

It seems that life didn't change nor improve a lot after the surgery. If you could go back to a few years ago in a time machine, what would you do differently?
Gained 3 inches
Patient of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Paley (Nov 2021)
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68301.0

Movie

« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2021, 12:05:11 AM »

@azman : thanks man! it really does fly, yes at 2.5 weeks post nail removal, I'm starting to not feel any surgery trauma and yes It feels lighter now

@ilovescience: Spanish food was great, but no I'm staying at this height.

@Bantem: Yes my doctor had cleared me for nail removal one year post-op, but covid kept me from doing nail removal since I didn't want to do it in the US for monetary reasons lol.

@SNC: Thanks brother! Like wise hope you're doing good!

@TakingAction: Like is the same, but your perspective for life changes and perspective of others about you changes as well, positively. so yes I'd say life is better now at 5'9 than it was at 5'6.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

TakingAction

« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2021, 12:23:43 AM »

@azman : thanks man! it really does fly, yes at 2.5 weeks post nail removal, I'm starting to not feel any surgery trauma and yes It feels lighter now

@Bantem: Yes my doctor had cleared me for nail removal one year post-op, but covid kept me from doing nail removal since I didn't want to do it in the US for monetary reasons lol.

@TakingAction: Like is the same, but your perspective for life changes and perspective of others about you changes as well, positively. so yes I'd say life is better now at 5'9 than it was at 5'6.

If you could go back to a few years ago in a time machine, what would you do differently? Increase less inch(es) for better function? Reconsider the decision to do it due to lack of strong benefits of the surgery?
Gained 3 inches
Patient of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Paley (Nov 2021)
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68301.0

Exxon

« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2021, 02:18:41 AM »

Since you got your nails removed, what is your 100m speed now?

Movie

« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2021, 03:21:19 AM »

TakingAction: I wouldn't change anything

Audous: Bro I'm 2.5 weeks post removal lol, I can't sprint yet
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Exxon

« Reply #452 on: October 25, 2021, 03:45:54 AM »

TakingAction: I wouldn't change anything

Audous: Bro I'm 2.5 weeks post removal lol, I can't sprint yet

Oh haha sorry, keep us updated though interested to know how much it would be

letsgettaller

« Reply #453 on: October 25, 2021, 04:38:55 AM »

This journey has come so far! Congrats movie on your nail removal
Precice 2.2 Diary here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68189.0

Starting Height: 169 cm
Current Height: 177 cm

Movie

« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2021, 06:18:25 AM »

Audous: Me too man trust me, me too. I will update when I can sprint again safely

letsgettaller: It sure has! Thank you very much, rooting for you on your journey! 
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Dreamer57

« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2021, 05:50:07 AM »

Hey bro! How are you? I hope things are going good for you! I'm eagerly waiting for that update video.....have a great day!

Movie

« Reply #456 on: December 21, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »

Hi Dreamer57 haha thanks for checking up on all of us the 2019 generation CLLers that had strydes.

I'm great! I will be making a follow up video after the new year.

I wanted to update you guys where I left off in case someone is curious about how my removal recovery has been.

after I came back home and rested I still felt surgery trauma for about 6-7 weeks post surgery, even now after over 2 months and a half, It is still a bit stiff but I don't feel surgery trauma pain, I feel lighter and more agile, and like I can possibly run faster, maybe not pre-op speed but we'll see tomorrow when I go back on the soccer field after a long time of not going, I'm excited! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing terrific and wish my CLL brothers a merry Xmas, love, health and wealth.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Exxon

« Reply #457 on: January 03, 2022, 01:23:27 AM »

Hey Movie hope you've recovered well, wondering how your sprinting is like after a few months after nail removal.

canterk

« Reply #458 on: January 03, 2022, 06:24:38 AM »

Hi Dreamer57 haha thanks for checking up on all of us the 2019 generation CLLers that had strydes.

I'm great! I will be making a follow up video after the new year.

I wanted to update you guys where I left off in case someone is curious about how my removal recovery has been.

after I came back home and rested I still felt surgery trauma for about 6-7 weeks post surgery, even now after over 2 months and a half, It is still a bit stiff but I don't feel surgery trauma pain, I feel lighter and more agile, and like I can possibly run faster, maybe not pre-op speed but we'll see tomorrow when I go back on the soccer field after a long time of not going, I'm excited! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing terrific and wish my CLL brothers a merry Xmas, love, health and wealth.

hi movie, just wondering if you got new scars and bruises with the removal? if yes how different are they from the original operation scars? thanks and looking forward to that video update :)

tahokyseji

• Visitor
« Reply #459 on: June 02, 2022, 07:07:07 AM »

balme

« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2022, 01:55:30 AM »

i don't understand why eventually everyone delete their videos, photos, etc.

it shouldn't be related about privacy, since no one can recognize you from walking videos, etc. weird to be honest.

Movie

« Reply #461 on: August 15, 2022, 06:15:35 AM »

it is due to privacy, recently CLL has become a lot more wide spread, when I did my surgery my doctor only had about 900 followers on instagram now he has over 60k ... sorry
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Movie

« Reply #462 on: August 15, 2022, 06:21:43 AM »

Hello everybody wow I can't believe I've been away from the forum for the last 8 months, I guess life goes on post LL like everybody else says and you do forget you even had it at some point sometimes. It has been almost 10 months I believe since my rod removal and over 3 years since initial surgery, everything is great, no more unusual knee pain and hip pain after my rods were removed. I hope everybody is doing good and pushing through their LL journeys, reach out if you have any questions I'll get back as soon as I can!

and by the way yes I took down my video logs due to privacy, maybe later when I'm older and do not care about my privacy I'll release them again.

-Movie
Nails removed 10/06/2021

VermontGuy762

• Visitor
« Reply #463 on: October 27, 2022, 09:15:30 PM »

Glad to get a 3 yr update from you! You went for the max and you achieved. Always love a successful diary.

Rockstarz5

« Reply #464 on: November 20, 2022, 03:44:54 PM »

Hey movie have  a personal question, ¿what do you family think about this before and after?,¿ is better to hide and after show them Im mean what was their reaction?, my mom is latina so is a huge, big, enormous thing, is like if I would go to personally cut my feets, and be suicidal..  nodoby in my family is support on this. Could you tell me if they thought different when they saw you before and after?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up