Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Leg lengthening: Femurs with Dr. Betz  (Read 14149 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Second Leg lengthening: Femurs with Dr. Betz
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »

Why is it Not possible to work from Home? Lack of concentration due to pain?

It's not impossible, but the lengthening phase is very exhausting just staying in bed and even simple things like playing video games often take a lot of effort. Some days you'll feel okay, others you'll feel like crap and have a lot of pain from the slightest movement. Your will to do any sort of work will be lowered and it's something that will take a lot of effort, especially if you're expected to do anything on any sort of deadline.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

jfk

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2019, 02:47:32 PM »

Dude, don't do that. That's stupid. You're gonna regret and probably will have a very bad consolidation and recovery.
Follow Dr. Betz advise.

Trust me, I know. I did 10mm with the old Betzbone.

Thanks mate for your kind words. You are right, I have contacted Dr. Betz about it and he said it is a high risk the bones to not heal at all if I go over 1 mm a day. So I went back to 1 mm a day instead of 1,3 mm.

Another question: At what amount of centimeters did you get duckass and how did you fight it?

BoneStretching

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2019, 02:30:48 AM »

@ Wanttaller and other Gents,

I just completed a  7.7cm Femur lengthening, and walking 3.5 months post op. I do have some work to do on my gait of course,but hope to be full speed (close to) by months 6.

Why are the members of this post suggesting such long healing periods for this gentleman? Is it because he has already lengthened his tibs?

btw, wishing this gentleman the best of luck.

hanshi

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »

@ Wanttaller and other Gents,

I just completed a  7.7cm Femur lengthening, and walking 3.5 months post op. I do have some work to do on my gait of course,but hope to be full speed (close to) by months 6.

Why are the members of this post suggesting such long healing periods for this gentleman? Is it because he has already lengthened his tibs?

btw, wishing this gentleman the best of luck.
The answer is very simple: the clicking nails are mechanically unstable due to their working principle. As a result bone consolidation takes longer and the risk of delayed or nonunion is much higher than with Precice.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

BoneStretching

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2019, 11:27:37 PM »

Hanshi, thank you for your input.

Everyone - regardless of what method you go with, I just said a prayer for all of our success. God speed.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »

Happy new year! Would you be willing to share a full body pic (clothed and without your face shown) for the sake of showing proportions after everything is done? You would have lengthened 18,5 cm with a starting height of 163,5 if your goal was met. Yet here I am, wondering if 4 cm on femurs would mess up my proportions too much. Since you said you don't worry about proportions, perhaps you would be less hesitant to do so, and it could be useful for other users.

Also curious why 180 is your stated minimum? Is 178 not already a respectable height, especially considering your starting height? Are the 2 cm worth the increased risks?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jfk

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2020, 03:45:14 PM »

Happy new year! Would you be willing to share a full body pic (clothed and without your face shown) for the sake of showing proportions after everything is done? You would have lengthened 18,5 cm with a starting height of 163,5 if your goal was met. Yet here I am, wondering if 4 cm on femurs would mess up my proportions too much. Since you said you don't worry about proportions, perhaps you would be less hesitant to do so, and it could be useful for other users.

Also curious why 180 is your stated minimum? Is 178 not already a respectable height, especially considering your starting height? Are the 2 cm worth the increased risks?

Hi

I will stop at 8,5 cm as my Body Tells me to do so.
But Sure, I will upload a pic. And I wanted at least to be in the 1.80 league. It is already a shame that I only reached an average german height with TWO procedures! All the time, pain and Money and in the end I am average? Its embarrassing tbh. And Nobody in the real world cares about proportions. Everybody cares about height. Just 4 cms is not worth the hassle and will not change much imo.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2020, 05:57:08 PM »

4 cm can get you across 20% of the entire height percentile range, which can be seen as significant. But I do understand the perspective that it's not much of a difference, too.

Regarding Germany, millions of peope there live totally fine being below average. I think you will live a very normal life as long as you're within 1 standard deviation of the mean. But that's just my perspective.

Be sure to keep us updated.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jfk

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2020, 12:08:26 AM »

8.5 cm -> 180 cm

So I stopped lengthening on 13th of January. It took me about 2.5 months for 8.5 cm. I lengthened pretty fast that is why I had to take a lot of pain but I just wanted to get over the lengthening phase. I feel like the worst part is already over :) Now I have to stretch everyday and to wait...

I could not reach my initial goal of 10 cm because of the bad condition I was in (mentally and physically). But I reached my minimal goal of being 180 cm. So overall I am very happy :)

I have bad knee bending and a little duckass. It has just been a couple of days since stopping lengthening but I already can feel the difference in pain.
I have less pain in the day and also at night. Sleeping is still bad. I take sleeping pills now.

I have taken x-rays and sent them to Dr. Betz. Lets see what he thinks.

The goal always was: Walking normally 6 months after the operation. I think I can do that. Still have 3.5 months left for that.

I am not going to work yet. I will not work for at least another 2 months. I want to feel good before I go to work.

Well the lengthening phase was very hard and I had a lot of bad days. This procedure is very challenging. You have to be mentally very strong.
But if you want someting bad enough you will find a way to go through with it.

I hope I get better every week now...

massco

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 01:05:17 AM »

Hey JFK

Congratulations on this lenghtening, my height is pretty much the same as your starting height. (163)
I would really appreciate if you could share with us a photo of your final proportions.
As others said no need to show the face, really just want to see the torso vs legs ratio if you dont mind. I would love to reach 180 as well.

jfk

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 02:14:31 AM »

Hey JFK

Congratulations on this lenghtening, my height is pretty much the same as your starting height. (163)
I would really appreciate if you could share with us a photo of your final proportions.
As others said no need to show the face, really just want to see the torso vs legs ratio if you dont mind. I would love to reach 180 as well.

Hey massco

Thanks man! I will Post a Photo in the next days for you to See.
If you want to be 180 cm you can do it! Dont let anyone tell you, you cant do something. I know exactly how it is being your height. Fight for your Dream! You‘ll get there

jfk

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 02:20:11 AM »

I just checked my first Post in this Diary. I said that my goal was 11 cm. Must have been on drugs back then 😂

Movie

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »

I'd also like to see how you look now bro lol, congrats on the 8.5 cms yeah 11 cm was very optimistic, specially as a second LL journey lmao.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

jfk

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2020, 09:14:23 PM »

I have a picture of me now. This is me with about 16.5 cm of lengthening. Note that I can not stand fully straight.

https://imgur.com/a/kobwm8p
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:40:08 PM by jfk »

jfk

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2020, 09:39:13 PM »

ok I tried to upload but it does not work...if someone can do it I will send the picture to him

PinkStarburst

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2020, 10:10:26 PM »

The photo works now! You look great, did you have very short legs before??

Siegfried

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2020, 10:52:17 PM »

Looks perfectlly Fine to me! Whats your wingspan?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »

Whhhaaat

5’4 to 5’7

Now 5’7 to 5’11

What’s your wing span?

I’m about 5’9 and plan to hit 6’0 in the future, with a wingspan of about 5’9

I might consider 6’1, but 6’0 foot tall will likely satisfy me since I don’t want to tightening my muscles since I do lots of thai boxing.
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

Meck

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2020, 08:21:27 PM »

We are start same height i also about 163 start. I did femur and now im 171cm,  reach 8 cm and i still lenthening i will try 2 more and from 173 i start made tibia to 180.  will not wait until my bone femur heal i think i have power to do now same day when i remove device from femur . Hope mate i will reach also 180 ,thats my goal

jfk

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2020, 11:53:59 PM »

Whhhaaat

5’4 to 5’7

Now 5’7 to 5’11

What’s your wing span?

I’m about 5’9 and plan to hit 6’0 in the future, with a wingspan of about 5’9

I might consider 6’1, but 6’0 foot tall will likely satisfy me since I don’t want to tightening my muscles since I do lots of thai boxing.

My wingspan is 167 cm. Yeah you will be fine. Go for it!

jfk

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 11:58:59 PM »

We are start same height i also about 163 start. I did femur and now im 171cm,  reach 8 cm and i still lenthening i will try 2 more and from 173 i start made tibia to 180.  will not wait until my bone femur heal i think i have power to do now same day when i remove device from femur . Hope mate i will reach also 180 ,thats my goal

I totally understand. 171 cm or even 173 cm is just not enough (at least not in a tall country).

Wow well that is determination! Amazing! Dont forget to keep us updated in a diary. Good luck mate!

jfk

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2020, 12:02:35 AM »

The photo works now! You look great, did you have very short legs before??

Thanks mate! Yes definitely had short legs. But even if I was a bit off with proportions I still would have gone for 180 cm. Height over proportions.

jfk

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2020, 12:06:10 AM »

I'd also like to see how you look now bro lol, congrats on the 8.5 cms yeah 11 cm was very optimistic, specially as a second LL journey lmao.

Thanks man! Congratulations also to you! You are an inspiration to all of us! Keep it up:)

jfk

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2020, 12:22:16 AM »

2 weeks into consolidation

No pain at all since stopping lengthening. I can sleep much better. Not taking any meds anymore.

I am stretching everyday for hours to improve my gait. Just need to be patient now. Can not walk without crutches yet. Have knee bending and little hyperlordosis. Just happy that i am painfree and can see light at the end of the tunnel:)

Measured myself at 180.5 cm. Dont know how accurate that is. Today I walked by my brother who was in shoes (about 170 cm) and I was really towering over him. Felt crazy amazing:)

I dont see that I am that taller when looking in the mirror. Just does not look like 180 cm. But seeing other people is where I notice it and it feels so great:) Have not yet met friends. Will do that when I can walk fine unaided. Hopefully end of March...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:00:30 AM by jfk »

Jamule

• Visitor
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »

Hey jfk ,

Nice to hear that you are doing good. I´m currently Betz patient and at the begin of the lengthening. I´m walking pretty good without crutches at the moment and want to keep that. When at the lengthening (which cm) the pain started and you had to return to use crutches ? Do you think its possbile to avoid that ?

Wish you a great consolidation !

jfk

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »

Hey jfk ,

Nice to hear that you are doing good. I´m currently Betz patient and at the begin of the lengthening. I´m walking pretty good without crutches at the moment and want to keep that. When at the lengthening (which cm) the pain started and you had to return to use crutches ? Do you think its possbile to avoid that ?

Wish you a great consolidation !

Hi Jamule,

congratulations on starting your journey. I had to use cruthes when I was at about 3 or 4 cm. Yes I think you can do better than me :) Here is what I would do: After the first one or two centimeters going by 1 mm I would slow down to 0, 66 mm for the rest of the journey. This helps in several ways: Less pressure on your soft tissues, less pain, more time for you adapting (Stretching), less time with clicking, almost no risk of nonunion. Then stretch your hamstrings and quadriceps as if your life depends on it !!!

With that I am sure you will do a lot better than me! Wish you strength! Youre in good hands.

massco

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2020, 01:43:41 AM »

Thanks for the photo, you seem really proportionate.
¿ How do you feel with your torso vs legs ratio ?

Meck

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »

I also measured my wingspan and is 176cm but my first height is 163, so i have only small legs, i think femur and tibia to 180cm will be very nice for me

jfk

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:03 PM »

4.5 months since operation/ Almost 2 months into consolidation

So I am walking unaided since the 4 months mark. I have some swaying and can not walk as fast as normal people but still it is a huge step forward.
I hope to be walking normal at the 6 month mark. I feel stronger every week :) I can also sleep normal 8 hours and lay in any position at night.

I have started to work out my upper body to have broader shoulders and an overall broader frame which I think would look good now that I am taller.

I have stopped taking medicine two weeks into consolidation and I take Vitamin D3, Fish oil (omega 3), zinc, Vitamin C and Calcium once a day.

When walking longer distances I get tired very quickly. At about 200 meters I have to stop and take a break. For stairs I still use one crutch.
Duckass is almost gone. I got a little lazy since walking unaided... Never took any professional physiotherapy. I do the stretches on my own at home.

I feel good with my new height. By the way the wife of my brother noticed my new height immediately when standing next to her. I just said that she must be wrong and nothing changed. She does not believe me but I dont care. Actually it is a good feeling because I feel like it DOES make a difference :) She said my new height looks good on me :) I guess other people will also notice then...

I am looking forward to go out and meet new people and also my friends. I will wait until May to do that...I have to be patient now.

jfk

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »

I also measured my wingspan and is 176cm but my first height is 163, so i have only small legs, i think femur and tibia to 180cm will be very nice for me

Go for it :)

Wanderlust

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

Just curious if you had any issues with the Betz bone? I read conflicting things on it when people compare it to precise.

In your experience was the Betz bone easy to lengthen and any issues with it? I’m interested in the betz bone maybe for tibia given the price compared to stryde.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up