Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur Lengthening Loading in Turkey  (Read 9425 times)

Fox

Re: LON Femur Lengthening Loading in Turkey
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1IJ5K9QaXQgwImaxbHSO-mGqtEKcTRWxT

You can find my real size by establishing proportion. I will upload all my xrays and photo soon in good quality.

Note: I lost 12 kilograms 4 months after firat surgery date :) i had 79 kg with fixators 1 week after first surgery date and now i have 67 kg with fixators.

how tall are you now? do you plan on lengthening more? and do you have any proportion imbalance of your legs compared to your upper body? or does it look natural?
165.5 / 5'5"

want180

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2020, 02:34:26 AM »

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Congratulations to achieve your goal. How is your condition now? When does you can walk normal or without crutches?
Do you mind you can give me your email? I probably want to do LON femur in the future.
Since Precice and Stryde is too expensive for me.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2020, 03:02:45 AM »

I am waiting to remove the device. It is getting better every day. I got a new x-ray. My callus has increased significantly  in 22 days, but I'm still waiting. Because this is the safest way. By the way, do not believe in the measures said in the forum. Many of the x-ray devices are not calibrated. Many patients don't have the mathematical intelligence to understand this.
Weight:79kg Birth date:1993 English isnt good.

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

want180

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2020, 04:48:05 AM »

Glad to hear you are better and better. Does your doctor told you how long you can remove external device? Who help you calibrate your X-ray increasing height? Is your surgery doctor or local doctor? 

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2020, 01:43:21 AM »

Hello Guys. Sorry for being late  This will be BIG UPDATE 

First Surgery Date: 9 October 2019

Lengthenig  finish day: 2 February 2020

My Last X-Ray after stop legnthening: 25 February 2020

Fixator Removed Surgery: 26 February 2020

First steps with single crutch: 16 March 2020

First steps without crutches Fully Time: 25 march 2020

BIG UPDATE ABOUT STORY of MY LAST TIMES:

My Last Days with fixators

I started to relax after the lengthenig was over. Many pain ended 8-9 days after the lengthening.Sometimes there was only the pain of schanz screw(pin sites) locations. Sometimes the device was uncomfortable, especially during sleep time. I was using less painkillers after 10 days of finishing lengthening.(sometimes I used just for more comfortable sleep) My mobility had decreased in the last days of lengthening. My walking speed was slow. My knee flexion angle was 35 degrees but It was 45 degrees after 25 days of stoping lengthening. My walking speed and walking time increased day by day after the lengthening was over. Before the device removed, I started walking a total of 1.3 km a day.(the last few days). 

On the other hand, my appetite was increasing. Because I almost didn't use tramadol drugs(contramal, zardial etc.)

Fixators Removed Surgery and Schanz nails locked surgery

On 26 Februrary, i entered the hospital in morning. My operation started in afternoon times. Epidural Anesthesia was preferred for me. I was completely awake during surgery. The doctor aligned measurment between of my both legs.Then the nails locked and removed the device.This surgery took approximately 1 hour. Then I was carried to my room. The effect of anesthesia passed in the evening and i felt to pain. This didn't take too long. It took 3 hours and according to my pain scales, it is  6-7 out of 10. 

During 15 days After Removed Surgery

I had a headache for about 10 days. The reason for this is epirudal anesthesia.You should drink more water and you should use or drink caffeine( drink coffee and cola or some pain killers contain caffeine) I hadn't had this headache in my first surgery. It was really bad. In addition, my knee flexion decreased very much after removed fixator surgery. I had 45 degrees before surgery, 30-35 degrees after surgery(Also maybe less). It's normal. The doctor said that this would pass in 10-15 days. The reason for this is the accumulation of blood collected in that area  as a result of the surgical procedure. I asked this to the patients of other doctors. They  confirmed this. Indeed, my knee flexion was restored 15 days later. i reached 45 degrees again. I forgot to say, after the first days, i was trying to walk minimum 800-900 meters. I paid attention to measuring these. Also, in the first days, you should clean your wounds with baticon. You should bandage them. But leave it alone after 10 days.  No need for bandaging or anythings . 

1 months after Fixator Removed Surgery

In the first days, I preferred to lie on my back to avoid injuring the wounds.(pin sites locations) Then my wounds were closed. I started to sleep on different positions. I was walking  1.5 km a day with a crutches.(both left and right)

My Last Days (15 march-5 match 2020)

First steps with a single crutch:

in the middle of March, I started walking with a single crutch. (So now I used it like a wand) I started to climb the stairs with a single crutch. Actually I could have done walking with a single crutch before, but I didn't want to take risks.

First Steps without any help:

Just 1 week after the first steps with single crutch, I started walking without any help from crutches. I had no balance problems.Some patients swing like a ship while walking.This was too little for me. I think this was because I walked a lot with crutches and i keept to maintain my posture. Many times I adjusted the crutches to the longest position. Because I could only stand  upright when I was in this longest position. After March 25, I started walking without a stick. In this way, I even went out onto the street in front of my house. The only problem is stairs without handrails in out of my house. But i didnt take a risk and i used single crutch when on stairs.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:24:49 AM by sopranos »

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2020, 01:55:46 AM »

My actual problems:

1-I managed to increase my knee flexion. It now reaches 65-70 degrees. But its development is not fast.

2-There is a feeling of pressure on the left inner side of my right tibia, close to the knee. This does not always happen. There is a strange pain in this area, especially when I force my knee to break and after climbing the stairs. This is not a great pain, but a sense of pinching. Maybe it's tension.                   The doctor told me to stretch.

MY WARNING:

1- This post is not a doctor's ad. It is a guide for my short height brothers. There are patients who have problems with my doctor. For example, one of them has a diary here. That patient had surgery with precice stryde. He had big problems with doctor Özgür. He started a diary here. His diary name is "Almost cripled". Read this too. I think this patient is right to be angry with the doctor. In addition, another CLL Lon fermur patient of him had problems with a leg (Lon femur patient). There was no lengthening in one foot of him. He had to have 2 extra surgeries from one foot. He was not happy with Ozgur. He has arrived his lengthening target now, but he is angry with him because of he did extra surgeries. But I have to be honest. Doctor Özgür has been successful in me and has completed a good leg lengthening.(at least it looks like that). I compared to the patients of other Lon Femur doctors, I suffered less and it was good to heal. There was no problem with my x-rays. He answered my questions on whatsapp during the day. But these do not prove that he was a professional. My budget was low. That's why it was the best choice for me. I gamble and it has been good. I think CLL is a gamble in itself, but mine was another gamble. My budget was low, I had no economic security, and I turned a lot cm. If you prefer doctors like Dr Paley, Dr Betz and Dr. Rozbruch or like them, you are more likely to win this gamble without problems. Of course you need to pay more. Also be aware of the process. Learn everything from veterans and                 articles read. You should learn side effects of medications and what you should not do. You should know how are a x-ray film examined? What is nerve pain? What equipment will I need during process? What is a bed wound? In which period, how will I be? It is important to know them. If you find out the problems of veterans before you chronologically, your process will be more comfortable.

2-Many doctors are unrealistic about their patient gap measurement. Saying the centimeters more often results in a placebo effect in patients. Therefor, the patient is more easily satisfied. But in really, most of patient don't know x-ray device is not caliber.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:30:45 AM by sopranos »

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:13 AM »

Advices:

Please to buy an inflatable seating bagel to lie down without coccyx pain. Those bagel producted for hemorrhoids patient to seat. you can use it by reducing the air. Because going to bed constantly causes painful sores on the tail and heels. Otherhand you should protect your heels. You can put a soft sponge under heel or take heel out into space.

If you have a lot of money, there are expensive doctors with full load bearing internal nails in Europe who do CLL more professionally. You should prefer them. Because they really have a team and more. Of course, this is a budget issue. Turkey is the most suitable country for me. Because this is my homeland and my budget is low. I know everything about my country well. Many of these are advantages for only native people like me.

Please don't give much money to commission agent. They really demand a lot of money.

Nsaid group drugs harmful for your bone union. Please don't use them and you read all drug's prescriptions carefully. Many pain killer or bone relaxig drug include Nsaid group drugs. I learn this from internet.

Note: My gap is measuring 9.4 cm in the last but one x-ray. But if I calculate by caliber, I clearly lengthening 9 cm but then me and my doctor turn back about 3 mm before locked nails and my both legs were equalized during the surgery. It is fixed and it was measured with the scope device. My gap is clear 8.7 cm after fixed .This is a very high level for cosmatic leg lengthening(CLL). I did not see like me in Turkey(i mean real +8.5 cm) Probably 1 or 2 Cll patients. But I do not recommend these cm, it is so much. Although my first height is good but The muscles of short people are also short. +8 cm lentgening is more difficult for short people. My first height maybe good but i know my main fight will develope my knee rom with exercises.  I think 7-8 cm net is enough for them. 7 cm is really healthiest.I take big risk but i fight to turn back old times.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2020, 02:18:32 AM »

Why am I late to update?

There are 2 reasons for this. First, i don't have enough energy to write on the forum at the end of the lengthening period. My second reason is that when you start to heal, you don't care about the forum. The only thing you focus on is to go back to your old athleticism with exercise.                   

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2020, 02:26:04 AM »

How is this diary different from others?

Of course, Photos, videos and x-ray films.

HERE

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2020, 02:36:12 AM »

BEFORE AND AFTER (I wore the same shorts.)

https://imgur.com/gdY8PIg

https://imgur.com/OzQQ6U7

MY NEW HEIGHT(178.4)

https://imgur.com/B8ez1hv

VIDEO OF MY WALKING WİTHOUT ANY HELPER(03.29.2020)

https://streamable.com/5sp1uw
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:17:31 AM by sopranos »

hoopdreams

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2020, 02:48:44 AM »

Hi sopranos, what did doctor do about your misalignment?
Evening height: 5’10 (178cm)
Goal: 6’3 (190.5cm)

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2020, 02:52:44 AM »

Hi sopranos, what did doctor do about your misalignment?

I havent misaligment. I will send the pictures a little later.

These my last x-ray before locked surgery.

LEFT:https://imgur.com/DAnQ7Hu
RIGHT:https://imgur.com/EtiRij4
ORTHO:https://imgur.com/L62Ulhh

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:15:27 AM by sopranos »

hoopdreams

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:34 AM »

Ok thanks. Your diary is awesome. I will do LON femur for 8-10cm hopefully in May. I wanted to do turkey however they are out of my budget, so I will go to Russia. After distraction I will come to Turkey for hair transplant and maybe veneers.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2020, 03:21:18 AM »

Ok thanks. Your diary is awesome. I will do LON femur for 8-10cm hopefully in May. I wanted to do turkey however they are out of my budget, so I will go to Russia. After distraction I will come to Turkey for hair transplant and maybe veneers.

Good luck with you. Protect yourself from Corona Virus. I think you should not be operated with 178 cm height, even if it is free.

hoopdreams

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2020, 03:31:22 AM »

Good luck with you. Protect yourself from Corona Virus. I think you should not be operated with 178 cm height, even if it is free.

I understand, however I need the extra height to become a professional basketball player which is my dream. Hopefully I find a doctor that will operate on me at 178cm.

Ghostfish

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2020, 06:56:43 AM »

I understand, however I need the extra height to become a professional basketball player which is my dream. Hopefully I find a doctor that will operate on me at 178cm.
Hi hoopdreams
You probably know you will lose athleticism after CLL. The more you lengthen, the more athleticism you will lose. If you want to increase 12cm according to your note, you need to have both femur and tibia lengthened. You just can't perform basketball at the professional level. It is simple and obvious. Please reconsider CLL.

seriouslyinjured

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 12:18:49 AM »

hey sopranos i am glad you are healing and you dont have serious problems like a few of us who had the same doctor as you.

The thing is with limb lengthening people should know is that a good doctor may come across a few complications  with patients but he will be skilful enough to correct them.

If a doctor has to many complications with patients he should be avoided.

However if a doctor is negligent even once! he should not be used again,

sopranos is very lucky. my medical legal team have put forward to my lawyers 7 cases of negligence and my lawyers are now in contact with more patients of doctor ozgar, who are building cases now,  Dr ozgur is marketed by wannabe taller

Meck

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »

He pay only 8000USD to doctor to Dr Ozgur and believe me he have big problem to , his fixators broke, and many others crap happen, ask him

Kal el

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 03:20:16 PM »

Yo dude sopranos....how much was ur inseam length before limb lengthening and can u please please i request u again plz tell me what is ur inseam and total leg length from hip to floor..and ur arm span too..thank you for ur kind feedback.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »

He pay only 8000USD to doctor to Dr Ozgur and believe me he have big problem to , his fixators broke, and many others crap happen, ask him

Hey child spirited man, i have your fixator broken video and i will share your diary. You send me on whatsapp. You couldn't even walk on feet. Because your fixator was broken. Mine is just clogged. I went to change it myself with my own feet to hospital city. Also, I already mentioned my fixators clogged. You did not read what I wrote. Please read my diary at first. I did not hide anything. But you have hidden what you have experienced from people. You need to get psychological treatment.

I have never advertised. I just wrote what I experienced. That's what makes me different. You made the wrong choices and you pay. You got ripped off by the agency as a price. You paid 3 times more than it should be. I also warned you about this. Despite everything. I just thought of your goodness. You are ungrateful. But you didn't deserve this.

Why would you fall for me? For telling the facts and warning you. Otherhand I have disclosed you.Finally I have no more tolerance for you.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »

hey sopranos i am glad you are healing and you dont have serious problems like a few of us who had the same doctor as you.

The thing is with limb lengthening people should know is that a good doctor may come across a few complications  with patients but he will be skilful enough to correct them.

If a doctor has to many complications with patients he should be avoided.

However if a doctor is negligent even once! he should not be used again,

sopranos is very lucky. my medical legal team have put forward to my lawyers 7 cases of negligence and my lawyers are now in contact with more patients of doctor ozgar, who are building cases now,  Dr ozgur is marketed by wannabe taller

That's right, my friend. I'm just a patient with a good process. Cll requires great responsibility from doctors. Without these, the job is left to chance.
thank you for your good wishes. I hope we all get better.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »

Yo dude sopranos....how much was ur inseam length before limb lengthening and can u please please i request u again plz tell me what is ur inseam and total leg length from hip to floor..and ur arm span too..thank you for ur kind feedback.

I send my fully femur length x-ray before. it said i have 52-53 cm femur length now. You can calculate my initial femur length easily. But i don't know my initial tibia length. I had xray but i didn't meausere.

Otherhand i have 174 cm wingspan. I think it is compatible with my physical appearance.

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"

Kal el

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:06 AM »

Hey sopranos..i was just wondering what was your inseam length before surgery and what about now..and were you high waisted before means did u had a small torso or a long one..plz reply..eagerly wanna know..pictures look good bro.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »

pretty good progress, not bad at all for 8.7 cm lengthening. keep up the stretching and PT. also your proportions looks great actually, i don't notice anything off at all and im deliberately looking for something to be off, can't find it haha
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Koharu

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2020, 12:23:01 PM »

Hi supranos, Do you mind sharing scar pictures? I am considering the LON femur with monorail also but I am a female so I am also concerned about the scars.

Arcon

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »

I understand that LON in the femur= High risk of deep infection. Am I missing something here?

lelouche

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2020, 01:57:24 AM »

where do u come from brother? I have almost the same starting height, but it is small in my coutnry (germany) for my age. Most ppl are over 185.

Do you do only 1 surgey or too, because your goal is very tall?

llendpoint

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2020, 09:50:48 AM »

These my last x-ray before locked surgery.

LEFT:https://imgur.com/DAnQ7Hu
RIGHT:https://imgur.com/EtiRij4
ORTHO:https://imgur.com/L62Ulhh

How come the gap between the bones and the gab of the monorail is not the same?
If both gaps (bone and monorail) start at approx 0 mm then every millimeter on the monorail should be reflected 1:1 on the bone gap, too?

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »

I promised that I will update my diary. 1 year has passed now. I will share what can I do physically(or can't). For example what has changed in my social life? Am I still in pain? Have I forgotten the effects of the surgery?  I will write all of them.

what can I do:

- I can run but my running speed is not as fast as before.I can try this on a 100-meters running.  I can share how many seconds with dm or whatsapp.

-I can have sex for hours.  Of course I cannot share this :)

-My walking style was very normal even right after the process, and it improved following days. Penguin steps took a very short time.  About 25-40 days after removed fixator.

-People who doesn't know my previous appearance can never tell by looking at my physical movements that I had surgery.

-I can walk 20-25 thousands steps a day.  There are days when I walk these distances.  There were days when I walked 18 thousands steps 6-7 months after the first surgery date.

-I can kick higher than my height. 

-I can touch the ground with my hands without bending my knees.

-I can work in all physical jobs that are not squatting.

-I can climb stairs two or three fast each.

-I can climb stairs quickly in two or three steps.

-I can walk 1.5 kilometers with shopping bags of about 30 kilograms in my hand.  Walking uphill is not a problem.

-. Although not as fast as before, I can swim fast.  I went swimming more than 30 times after the device came out.

-Every outfit I wear suits me. I can wear long sized  t-shirts
and sweatshirts.

-Most of the trousers I wear look great.  Especially regular fit trousers.

-Even if I eat more food than before, I am fit.  I really eat what I want.  I am not gaining weight.  In the past, when I ate too much, my appearance in front of the mirror immediately started to look bad. I used to need a diet.

What can't I don't:

-I cannot touch my heels on my hips. This may be because I have never had physiotherapy.  I could have worked more to improve it. I believe it will happen if I work.  I don't need 100% leg flexion ability.  That's why I don't want to force myself.

-I can fight against a normal sized person, but not as much as before.

-I can't wear skinny pants.  Because my legs look thin.  Besides, I did not prefer these in the past.  Those pants don't look masculine.

-My legs look thin due to muscle loss.  My calf muscle is close to old and it is strong, but my muscles that cover the femur are not thick. It will get thicker as time passes.My legs are thicker now compared to the first time after the second surgery.  Both my body mass and my muscle volume in the legs have increased compared to the first times.

-I can't squat with the weight bar.(medium and high weights.) But I did not make an effort for this.

-I cannot stay crouching for a long time. After crouching position, I have to get support from my hand while standing up from the ground. My first reason is that I don't want to force my knees.(not because of the pain). I see that my legs are not as strong as before.

aliex

• Visitor
  • Sorry for my bad English
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2020, 10:49:01 PM »

Hocam merhaba,öncelikle sürecinizi adım adım paylaştığnız için teşekkürler gayet bilgilendirici olmuş.Size şunu sorcam hocam 170 boyundayım 2 farklı ameliyatla 11-13 cm uzamak istiyorum sizce orantısız,kötü durur mu?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up