Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone looking to get this done with Dr. Parihar?  (Read 1800 times)

2020hope

Anyone looking to get this done with Dr. Parihar?
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:32:44 AM »

I'm hoping to get it done towards end of 2020 using Stryde method. I'm hoping that the covid-19 crisis would have subsided by then in India.

xifewi7458

• Visitor
Re: Anyone looking to get this done with Dr. Parihar?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:53:56 PM »

How much does he charge and procedure are you going for?

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:28:34 PM »

I’ve been looking forward for a Parihar diary. My plan is to do LON with him later on. Please keep us updated if you end up going through with it! Best of luck!

How much does he charge and procedure are you going for?
He mentioned that he’s planning on doing Stryde. The last time I read something about the price with dr. parihar it was around 1,000,000 Indian rupees, which translates to around $13,500usd for LON. I’m not sure what the price would be now, but that was around 2015-2016 I believe.

xifewi7458

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 09:33:17 PM »

Is that in the total cost? $13,500 sounds very cheap

Is LON a bad technique or the doctor shady? Most LL I've seen are $50,000+

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 12:16:41 AM »

Is that in the total cost? $13,500 sounds very cheap

Is LON a bad technique or the doctor shady? Most LL I've seen are $50,000+
LON is not a bad technique and dr. Parihar is definitely not shady. $13,500 would only be the price for the surgery, not including Pt nor accommodation. But I’m not sure about the price, I believe it may have gone up throughout the years. This price was 4-5 years ago. For stryde, the surgery price would be much higher because there is a big difference in the nails used. LON is an external weight bearing method, while Stryde is an internal weight bearing method. I’m not surgery about the price, but I believe the stryde method would be around $50,000 as well.

delete account

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »

I would like to do tibia LON with dr. Praihar too
I don't know how to contact with them yet but planing to do it in 2021 .
I would like to talk with people who did this with dr. parihar and accomodation things

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 02:29:57 PM »

I would like to do tibia LON with dr. Praihar too
I don't know how to contact with them yet but planing to do it in 2021 .
I would like to talk with people who did this with dr. parihar and accomodation things
KiloKhan would be your best bet. He did the surgery with dr. Parihar a while back. It might also do you some good to read his diary as well. I believe they mention in the diary how to contact dr. Parihar.

2020hope

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »

They unfortunately don't respond much to cold emails with questions. Maybe they hardly care about getting new CLL cases or that most people who reach out aren't really set on getting it done.

xifewi7458

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 10:53:06 PM »

What would the costs be after PT and Accommodation?

Still far cheaper than $50,000 I imagine

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 02:29:04 AM »

They unfortunately don't respond much to cold emails with questions. Maybe they hardly care about getting new CLL cases or that most people who reach out aren't really set on getting it done.
I went through some threads about Dr. Parihar. From what I gathered, he’s not very interested in acquiring cosmetic cases. He mostly does deformity cases. He’s one of the few doctors who will try to discourage you from getting it down in the first place. What I took away from the answers he provided to some questions asked by our fellow members is that he really knows his stuff.

What would the costs be after PT and Accommodation?

Still far cheaper than $50,000 I imagine
You could be looking at around $1,500 on accommodation (I took this estimate from kilokhan’s diary). I’ve read that PT is relatively cheap in India. I’m not sure if they will recommend you use their PT, or look one for yourself. The price will add up if you don’t plan everything beforehand.

2020hope

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 07:32:06 AM »

I went through some threads about Dr. Parihar. From what I gathered, he’s not very interested in acquiring cosmetic cases. He mostly does deformity cases. He’s one of the few doctors who will try to discourage you from getting it down in the first place. What I took away from the answers he provided to some questions asked by our fellow members is that he really knows his stuff.
You could be looking at around $1,500 on accommodation (I took this estimate from kilokhan’s diary). I’ve read that PT is relatively cheap in India. I’m not sure if they will recommend you use their PT, or look one for yourself. The price will add up if you don’t plan everything beforehand.

Yes. I doubt he has done more than 2-3 after Penguinn. He doesn't really discourage you from CLL if you meet him and is actually quite neutral. Even in India his prices are more than other doctors (even with exfix) so that probably unfortunately pushes cosmetic patients to unscrupulous doctors in north India.

You can find decent hotels from $50 a day to $400 a day in Mumbai.

Expect basic PT on a bed and some standing/walking. Nothing fancy like in America or Donghoon's center in South Korea. :)

REBORN

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »

I'm planning to do tibia fully external with him next month

more

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 05:33:34 PM »

Big mistake. you will regret it

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »

What makes you say this?

Gman23

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »

More, what ever your name is I think you should f*ck off this forum as you are not helping anyone, you are just trying to discourage people and f*ck about. It’s better if you just stop trying to take the pi**
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Gman23

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »

I'm hoping to get it done towards end of 2020 using Stryde method. I'm hoping that the covid-19 crisis would have subsided by then in India.

I’m sorry to say this but the Virus cases in India are too much, I do not think it’ll be over any time soon, could possibly take few years even.

Gman23

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »

KiloKhan would be your best bet. He did the surgery with dr. Parihar a while back. It might also do you some good to read his diary as well. I believe they mention in the diary how to contact dr. Parihar.

Is Doing the surgery with LON a good idea? Or is stryde a better option, I am thinking of maybe doing 2 surgeries even, so both femurs and tibia. Not sure yet thou and want the cost to be under 70k, 80k if possible, British Pound£

more

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »

What makes you say this?

Pure external goes back to 50 years back if this was good there is no need to innovate internal and LON  method
second  thing For this surgery you need a dedicated surgeon not an orthopaedic surgeon who does other surgeries like THR and TKR etc .
You will be line up like other patients , and have to wait for your turn , it will not matter to them what problem you are feeling.This dr P will not give you priority but This surgery need priority because most of the orthopaedic surgery does not have experience with this surgery

more

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »

More, what ever your name is I think you should f*ck off this forum as you are not helping anyone, you are just trying to discourage people and f*ck about. It’s better if you just stop trying to take the pi**
I think you did not read Kilokhan diary properly or You are too much excited

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 09:06:43 PM »

Pure external goes back to 50 years back if this was good there is no need to innovate internal and LON  method
second  thing For this surgery you need a dedicated surgeon not an orthopaedic surgeon who does other surgeries like THR and TKR etc .
You will be line up like other patients , and have to wait for your turn , it will not matter to them what problem you are feeling.This dr P will not give you priority but This surgery need priority because most of the orthopaedic surgery does not have experience with this surgery

I think you are getting your doctors mixed up. Orthopedic surgeons are the ones you want to do this with. Orthopedic surgeons are the ones devoted to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. From there, some orthopedic surgeons specialize in a specific area. Now about Dr. Parihar, he is an Orthopedic Surgeon, whose area of specialization includes Deformity Correction, Limb Lengthening using Ilizarov techniques and Orthofix fixators and Joint Replacement. You read that right, he specializes on Ll using Ilizarov techniques (pure externals). Who told you or where did you take that Dr. Parihar will not give you priority? He is against cll patients lengthening at home because he wants to supervise and make sure everything goes as planned. I read on a post that his analogy was: Knee replacement is like carpentry, you operate and that's it. Limb lengthening is like gardening, you(the surgeon) need to constantly tend to it. Does that sound like something someone who would not give you priority would say? Thought so... You might wanna read what people have to say about Dr. Mangal Parihar. Let’s see if you can find someone saying that he’s careless or unprofessional.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »

I think you did not read Kilokhan diary properly or You are too much excited
He’s not saying this because he read KiloKhan’s diary or not. He’s saying this because you are causing too much anxiety and hassle. At this point you’re being a nuisance tbh. Every single thread Ive been going through today, the one thing that was never missing were your negative and cynical comments. If you really believe everyone in this forum is a fake, then buddy... just find another one.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »

Yes. I doubt he has done more than 2-3 after Penguinn. He doesn't really discourage you from CLL if you meet him and is actually quite neutral. Even in India his prices are more than other doctors (even with exfix) so that probably unfortunately pushes cosmetic patients to unscrupulous doctors in north India.

You can find decent hotels from $50 a day to $400 a day in Mumbai.

Expect basic PT on a bed and some standing/walking. Nothing fancy like in America or Donghoon's center in South Korea. :)

He has a floor downstairs in his clinic dedicated to PT. Might not be as fancy as Dr Lee's, but it has everything you would need.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

2020hope

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »

Parihar doesn't do TKRs. In fact he does something called high tibial osteotomy to delay the need for a TKR in younger patients. There are so presentations of him on Youtube on this. Some even say TKR doctors and LL doctors are at odds with each other the former keen on doing TKRs but the latter trying to defer it.

He specializes completely in limb lengthening and deformity correction.

2020hope

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 08:01:05 AM »

Good luck. As the other poster said covid is quite bad in India right now but Mumbai like New York is already getting better.

Did Parihar agree to perform surgery on you next month?

2020hope

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 08:03:44 AM »

He has a floor downstairs in his clinic dedicated to PT. Might not be as fancy as Dr Lee's, but it has everything you would need.

I haven't seen it, but does it have anything else other than beds?

I think Donghoon's level of PT might not be necessary but maybe it gives you that extra quick recovery. Even Rozbruch sends his patients home and makes them do their own simple PT.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »

Btw, I’ve been saving throughout the months. I hope I can get it done with Dr. Parihar next year around this time, since in The Netherlands it would be summer break. Most likely, I’ll be going for tibia LON, but not decided yet. I haven’t been able to reach Dr. Parihar.
@KiloKhan: Do you know if they changed their email address?

ididUrMIM

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 11:40:41 PM »

Btw, I’ve been saving throughout the months. I hope I can get it done with Dr. Parihar next year around this time, since in The Netherlands it would be summer break. Most likely, I’ll be going for tibia LON, but not decided yet. I haven’t been able to reach Dr. Parihar.
@KiloKhan: Do you know if they changed their email address?

Netherlands? I feel for you man. Average height there is 184 more or less. From Ireland myself

limbcllnea

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 05:36:36 PM »

I've been thinking of him for a long time but my biggest fear is getting deathly sick in India. From everyone that I heard traveling there, getting very sick from the food and environment is almost a guarantee if you're planning to stay for months. I've been food poisoned before and I can't even comprehend how dangerous and painful it would be for me to be really sick while undergoing lengthening.

2020hope

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 07:05:26 AM »

I've been thinking of him for a long time but my biggest fear is getting deathly sick in India. From everyone that I heard traveling there, getting very sick from the food and environment is almost a guarantee if you're planning to stay for months. I've been food poisoned before and I can't even comprehend how dangerous and painful it would be for me to be really sick while undergoing lengthening.
Quite possible especially if you're a foreigner. Unless you cook your own food every day there will be some risk. If you have money stay at a 5 star hotel and get hygienic food and avoid anything that's not cooked.

limbcllnea

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »

If you have money stay at a 5-star hotel and get hygienic food and avoid anything that's not cooked.

Honestly, I've heard that even in a 5-star hotel you're not safe because they don't get active customers and food gets stored out for long periods of time. Perhaps it might be safer but not really worth the cost. People suggested getting street foods that are fully cooked and hoping for the best.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 02:08:54 PM »

Honestly, I've heard that even in a 5-star hotel you're not safe because they don't get active customers and food gets stored out for long periods of time. Perhaps it might be safer but not really worth the cost. People suggested getting street foods that are fully cooked and hoping for the best.
I suggest you make your own food. You can throughly wash the vegetables and fully cook your meals. Will end up being cheaper this way, as well. Another idea could be hire a care taker and let that person buy the groceries and cook for you, the way you specify it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up