Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: chasing a lifetime dream  (Read 20574 times)

Frederico86

Re: chasing a lifetime dream
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2020, 07:14:55 PM »

Thanks for the information sunshine ! You are doing great keep it going you inspire me also because you are doing this in a more advanced age that shows me thats its never to late to chase your dreams !!

I want to do the surgery by end of the year. My only concern is for how long do I need to take vacation in my job.  Do you think walking with crutches to take the public transport to  job after 3 weeks is possible taking in consideration the pain and the development of the process ?
This is my only worry. The pain I will experience and the restrictions during the lenghtening process cause I dont wanna give up my job. I work with IT so im afraid to lose my concentration due to pain and painkillers etc I hope its manageable because I will go after my dreams anyway...And the other thing are you going back to the States for lenghtening or are you gonna stay in Turkey ?

Cheers have a great day and good recovery !

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2020, 07:52:08 PM »

Thanks for the information sunshine ! You are doing great keep it going you inspire me also because you are doing this in a more advanced age that shows me thats its never to late to chase your dreams !!

I want to do the surgery by end of the year. My only concern is for how long do I need to take vacation in my job.  Do you think walking with crutches to take the public transport to  job after 3 weeks is possible taking in consideration the pain and the development of the process ?
This is my only worry. The pain I will experience and the restrictions during the lenghtening process cause I dont wanna give up my job. I work with IT so im afraid to lose my concentration due to pain and painkillers etc I hope its manageable because I will go after my dreams anyway...And the other thing are you going back to the States for lenghtening or are you gonna stay in Turkey ?

Absolutely not. Don't even think about taking public transport until half a year with precice nail. You want to do this? You will have to work remote or give up your job, or start your own business.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2020, 09:32:49 PM »

Absolutely not. Don't even think about taking public transport until half a year with precice nail. You want to do this? You will have to work remote or give up your job, or start your own business.

i agree with ghkid

3 weeks is cutting it a little to close for return to work. if youre gettting your procedure done in turkey (assuming your not from turkey) your doc may not  even let you leave just yet. you might not be in the best mind set for work just yet. is it possible to take 2 months leave? can you work from home?

in regards to public transport, there are simply too many risk factors which my contribute to a fall, such as unstable movement of bus platforms, stairs. sustaining a fall may leave you with a broken nail. you are better off commuting via uber or other ride share/ taxi. if public transport is your only option, consider using a wheelchair.
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Sunshine

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »

Hey sunshine plz let us know ur inseam and wingspan pre surgery.
Alamin,
That's something I realized now was a big miss when we had our consultation pre-surgery, Buldu was back from vacation that day and landed in Istanbul pretty late. He was caught up in traffic and made it to our appointment very late into the night, I was waiting for him the whole day and when we finally met I asked him all kinds of questions except that one about measuring my stats pre-surgery. I guess he forgot too due his day running after time. I sure will post my measurements as soon as I have a chance to measure them.

Sunshine

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »

You are right
My understanding from Murat is the reason they use Buldu name more than other doctors is because Buldu is the best or amongst the best in Turkey. He's apparently well regarded and respected here and Murat is his exclusive patient coordinator and representative. Those people who use his name to advertise take advantage of his fame and reputation to lure customers to their own doctors.

Sunshine

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2020, 11:37:31 PM »

Thanks Frederico86!
A good lesson from my experience and LL journey:
DO NOT wait until such an advanced age like me to do this!! If you're doing LL do it in your prime, the human body recovers and generates bones much better at 20 than past 40. The younger you do LL the better. Your body tolerates distraction/lengthening better in your prime. I wish I did this journey 20 years earlier but I simply didn't have the means back then and with the years passing this journey became more and more an unattainable dream. I almost lost hope of ever being taller for the rest of my life. How many times I fantasied a life where I'd be taller, how many times I fantasied situations, how outcomes would be different if I were taller! But I never lost hope during all those years, almost 3 decades!! And eventually this year 2020, everything aligned thanks to my hard work. I can finally afford this surgery now after waiting and dreaming forever!
Now I'm here in this and the outcome is a big unknown for me due to my age. Though I'm motivated as ever, I don't know if my body will go to the max 8cm possible!
To those who have the means, do it in your prime ie. in your 20's or 30's, the younger you do it the better your outcome and results.
I'm away from work for at least 6 months!! Lengthening 8cm takes 3 months and I don't expect recovering a decent gait for another 3 months if not longer!
ghkid2019 and wannabeidol are absolutely right, taking public transportation on crutches 3 weeks post-operation is unthinkable! It's too dangerous and you'll probably be still in pain at week 3. If something happens during your public transportation ride ie. you get bumped or the driver slams the brakes and you fall that could be catastrophic!! I'm pretty sure you will realize yourself at week 3 that taking public transportation at that stage is a NO!
Regarding going to work, I read here one guy was able to go back to his IT job from his laptop while another one posted he was too overwhelmed mentally and physically to get back to his IT job( too! ).
Every one and each body is different, I think it will depend on yourself, how your body will tolerate the pain, how you will feel mentally during lengthening. You don't know until you're there!
I'm planning to fly back home and continue lengthening there after my total 15-day stay in Turkey.

taller2023

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2020, 04:29:25 AM »

We took legal action but the servers are not in Turkey thats why we are warning people in both here and in social media about this issue.

Murat you big liar.  Servers it in Turkey.  I look up.  I work IT and web coder.  https://www.limblengtheningsurgery.istanbul/
https://web.archive.org/web/20181122025116/https://wannabetaller.com/
https://www.bulmd.com/doctors
https://www.livelifetaller.com/

You bad man all servers it in Turkey.  I look all you post, history, websites go back to Turkey.  You one of many agents Dr. Buldu service.  You here to find people for Dr. Buldu $commissions like othere Turkey agents for doctor.

You no patient coorinator you patient finder.  Bad man very bad man

Why you only repesnetive for any doctors on this here.  In China we have WeChat and a big goup of 900+ on chat with no repesnetive of any doctor, they get kick out.  Why this place allow?

Is this dairy real, I like read this dairy.  is this a tv commecal?
I look up more laterly you Murat bad man lie want people money is you #1 for here.

why you black all you letter, i black to.
i no fall you trap, i find Dr. Buldu myself and hire an assist to take pictures for me not you

taller2023

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »

Murat you here lookie at Sunshine dairy a lot, I can you see on top live like everday.  Why you mantor his dairy.  Leave Sunshine alone and let him write good dairy. Bad man very bad man I no likie man like you

Sunshine

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »

Trying to keep cool and giving some updates.

August 18th
13th day post-operation and 6th day of distraction
My 10-day stay at this TZL Suites post-operation is nearing the end. I moved in here on August 10th so only 2 days left before flying back home where I plan to continue lengthening/distraction.
Living alone here post-operation is tough. I recommend future LLers to have someone with you during recovery to assist in your daily needs, going to the bathroom getting out of bed cooking etc...it's also safer to have someone by your side to prevent accidents from happening! My walker is my lifeline, if for some reason it fails or I get into an accident and fall I'm basically done! Imagine I fall and don't have my phone on me!
PT sessions are still intense and I try to keep up with bending the knees lifting/closing/opening the legs lifting the feet etc...
Tonight I'll be 6 mm taller. I still don't see any difference when looking at my thighs lol.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:47:51 PM by Sunshine »

azman

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »

Murat you here lookie at Sunshine dairy a lot, I can you see on top live like everday.  Why you mantor his dairy.  Leave Sunshine alone and let him write good dairy. Bad man very bad man I no likie man like you

What is the deal with all the BOLD or BLACK or whatever you call it letters, it’s hurting my eyes.  If we all use it, it throw off it’s meaning and usefulness.

@taller2023 don’t do it here in Sunshine dairy.

@Saleman MuratEkinci stop bolding all your letters, we all know you want to stand out just stop.  You just got a promotion = Expert Patient Sale Executive.

@Sunshine good to hear your surgery when well.  The next couple of months might be more  challenging.  Please don’t let your dairy become another marketing stunt like Meck’s.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:33:48 PM by azman »

Sunshine

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »

What is the deal with all the BOLD or BLACK or whatever you call it letters, it’s hurting my eyes.  If we all use it, it throw off it’s meaning and usefulness.

@taller2023 don’t do it here in Sunshine dairy.

@Saleman MuratEkinci stop bolding all your letters, we all know you want to stand out just stop.  You just got a promotion = Expert Patient Sale Executive.

@Sunshine good to hear your surgery when well.  The next couple of months might be more  challenging.  Please don’t let your dairy became a marketing stunt like Meck’s.
Thanks azman for your concerns! I was skeptical too at first about the way LL surgery business works in Turkey with those companies partnering with doctors! I heard those stories about people crippled by unscrupulous surgeons here and made my research before choosing Buldu. In western countries we just deal straight with the surgeons but I guess each country has its own ways. It is what it is! All I can say is I'm glad I chose Buldu and Murat because they're just good guys.
I don't advertise anyone here, I mention their names because it would be impossible to omit their names in my diary, they're just part of my journey here, and besides, they're just good people!
I'm doing this diary for myself and for the community.
I can see now the long and painful journey laying ahead for the next couple months. As I wrote before PT sessions are intense and they take a toll on my legs the next morning when I wake up. That's when my legs are the stiffest. Then they get better throughout the day. And I'm only on my 6th day of distraction so yeah it's gonna be challenging keeping up with distraction and PT!

My runner legs are gone 😂

My miracle device

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:09:28 PM by Sunshine »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2020, 03:41:48 PM »

Thanks azman for your concerns! I was skeptical too at first about the way LL surgery business works in Turkey with those companies partnering with doctors! I heard those stories about people crippled by unscrupulous surgeons here and made my research before choosing Buldu. In western countries we just deal straight with the surgeons but I guess each country has its own ways. It is what it is! All I can say is I'm glad I chose Buldu and Murat because they're just good guys.
I don't advertise anyone here, I mention their names because it would be impossible to omit their names in my diary. And they're just good people!
I'm doing this diary for myself and for the community.
I can see now the long and painful journey laying ahead for the next couple months. As I wrote before PT sessions are intense and they take a toll on my legs the next morning when I wake up. That's when my legs are the stiffest. Then they get better throughout the day. And I'm only on my 6th day of distraction so yeah it's gonna be challenging keeping up with distraction and PT!

My runner legs are gone 😂

My miracle device

Hi Sunshine,
I think a bro here already told you this (don't remember who), but I also wanted to tell you that based on your pictures and the fact that you have a fairly long upper body, you are going to look unbelievable after you gain the 8 cm. Be strong brother. I know you will go to the end successfully. Just monitor your body signals and use your best judgement and your doctor's advice to manage the pain. Managing pain has been the toughest part of this journey for me, but I hope you can do much better than me.
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

Sunshine

Re: chasing a lifetime dream put
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2020, 04:53:58 PM »

Hi Sunshine,
I think a bro here already told you this (don't remember who), but I also wanted to tell you that based on your pictures and the fact that you have a fairly long upper body, you are going to look unbelievable after you gain the 8 cm. Be strong brother. I know you will go to the end successfully. Just monitor your body signals and use your best judgement and your doctor's advice to manage the pain. Managing pain has been the toughest part of this journey for me, but I hope you can do much better than me.
Hey thanks Bro!
I saw your last posts regarding your level 8 pain on your left knee cap and I agree that you may take it easy on your cycling work out during distraction. I read someone here saying he realized pushing too much on PT burned his body out and he ended up going easy on PT and listening to his body, relaxing during his distraction.
At least you already gained 1.9 cm so far, I'm only at 0.6 cm and already had a taste of this difficult challenge for the next 2.5 months! I'll hang on to my dream as strong as I can, I've been patient for so long and now I'm in there, it's happening right now. I'm not giving up!
Regarding pain management my body tolerates pain pretty well at day 13 post-operation due to my background in sports where I always pushed my body to the limit. Pain became a routine in my life! I only take 1 painkiller a day. I don't even feel any pain at rest on my bed. My thighs are stiff and hurt only when I get out of bed to stand up and start walking. They're especially stiff and painful in the morning during lift off of the foot! Then throughout the day I walk much better. One thing I noticed is sleeping on the stomach raises the pain on the anterior face of my thighs due to the pressure on the mattress.
Btw do you put ice on your knees or thighs to calm down the pain? My physiotherapist always puts ice on my knees after each PT session and she even recommends I use ice 2-3 times a day to calm down the pain!

StrydeNailChallenge

Re: chasing a lifetime dream put
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

Hey thanks Bro!

Btw do you put ice on your knees or thighs to calm down the pain? My physiotherapist always puts ice on my knees after each PT session and she even recommends I use ice 2-3 times a day to calm down the pain!

Thanks Sunshine Bro for your advice. I will keep all in mind. Will take it easy.

I used ice religiously during the first two weeks and I also highly recommended that in my diary. However recently I switched to hot showers and keeping my legs warm. The reason is that every time I use ice, it gives me this feeling of cold and I have to put on a lot of clothes and go under blanket for a while. Low AC temperatures recently give me the same feeling. The feeling that the core of my body and all my bones are filled with ice.

I have been super easy on my legs since Sunday and I see signs of improvement. A lot of those stretches and exercisesI did in the last couple weeks were not really necessary at this point anyways. So getting rid of them, should not negatively impact the distraction phase. Shortly after distraction is over, I can resume those exercises to get my strength and flexibility back.

Stay Strong Brother
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

Sunshine

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2020, 09:06:37 AM »

You too stay strong SNC,
I'm glad you found your balance with hot showers and going easy on your work out! Will be interesting to compare our outcomes since we're almost same age and got our surgery only 2 weeks apart. Stryde vs Precice lol. You full weight bearing and waking on your own, me partial weight bearing and needing crutches for walking!
Some updates on my diary:

August 19th
14 days post-op/7th day of distraction. My 10-day stay at this hotel post-op is nearing the end. I'm flying back to my home country tomorrow! I now know the basics of PT, bending the knees stretching the quads hamstrings IT Band, working out my hip flexor etc...I'll continue PT at home by myself and will have to send my doctor x-rays every 2 weeks for follow up.
This morning when I woke up my legs appeared less swollen, I think my body slowly flushes out all that fluid buildup from the surgery!
My feet are less swollen this morning

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2020, 02:12:02 PM »

You too stay strong SNC,
I'm glad you found your balance with hot showers and going easy on your work out! Will be interesting to compare our outcomes since we're almost same age and got our surgery only 2 weeks apart. Stryde vs Precice lol. You full weight bearing and waking on your own, me partial weight bearing and needing crutches for walking!

Thanks Sunshine,  for the encouragement.

My left leg has been painful since day 1. My best explanation is that a nerve is sensitized, e.g., one of the nails is touching a nerve; and that's the reason the pain's location/intensity keeps propagating/changing, randomly. By a large contrast my right leg almost never had any noticeable pain.  I hope I can find out an exercise that permanently resolves the pain on my left leg.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »

August 19th
14 days post-op/7th day of distraction. My 10-day stay at this hotel post-op is nearing the end. I'm flying back to my home country tomorrow! I now know the basics of PT, bending the knees stretching the quads hamstrings IT Band, working out my hip flexor etc...I'll continue PT at home by myself and will have to send my doctor x-rays every 2 weeks for follow up.
This morning when I woke up my legs appeared less swollen, I think my body slowly flushes out all that fluid buildup from the surgery!
My feet are less swollen this morning

Have a safe and fun flight back home.
I know you will do great self-PTing.      Take care Bro.

Sunshine

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2020, 02:57:03 PM »

Have a safe and fun flight back home.
I know you will do great self-PTing.      Take care Bro.
Thanks Bro!
I'm kinda sad leaving that place here, it's so nice and comfortable with awesome staff! At the same time I'm so happy and excited to go back to my home sweet home and my own bed lol.
This morning I looked at my legs in the mirror and I don't know if it's optical illusion but my thighs appeared so straight and my legs longer than I remember lol. Might be my imagination!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2020, 04:20:39 PM »

This morning I looked at my legs in the mirror and I don't know if it's optical illusion but my thighs appeared so straight and my legs longer than I remember lol. Might be my imagination!

It is possible your eyes are actually catching the difference. Could be a combination of longer legs and also possibly thinner thighs (compared to pre-op).

At least that's the case for me: I have a very long torso, i.e., for my height my legs are too short. Post-op my legs lost a bit of muscle. My weight loss was a confirmation on that too. My legs therefore look thinner and more straight which make them appear taller. Also 2 cm distraction, is a lot for short legs. For someone like me with a large torso, thighs used to look too short in the L shape sitting position. 2 cm makes a huge positive impact on that L!   
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:28:22 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

taller2023

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2020, 03:36:57 AM »

taller2023,
I contacted Dr. Buldu website and the WhatsApp number +905330164562 listed there is his patient coordinator's Murat who responded directly to me. Then I asked him Dr. Buldu's personal number so I can talk directly to Buldu. That's how you get Dr. Buldu's personal number, he's not listing his personal number on his website! His office/patient coordinator responds to your questions first. I talked to both of them before my surgery, they answer pretty fast as long as you send them WhatsApp messages during daytime in Turkey! Dr. Buldu answers most of the times by direct voice message, I guess it's faster and more convenient for him with his schedule here.

My still swollen legs and feet 12 days post-surgery

thank you.  you leg look good I look more webpage not register to Dr. Buldu i thin it is Murat company webpage for good doctor like livelifetaller wannbetaller and number belong to Murat.  Dr. Buldu on me list doctors but I no want to use bad man Murat she lie me. Murat make good doctor look bad.   

Sunshine

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 04:55:40 AM »

It is possible your eyes are actually catching the difference. Could be a combination of longer legs and also possibly thinner thighs (compared to pre-op).

At least that's the case for me: I have a very long torso, i.e., for my height my legs are too short. Post-op my legs lost a bit of muscle. My weight loss was a confirmation on that too. My legs therefore look thinner and more straight which make them appear taller. Also 2 cm distraction, is a lot for short legs. For someone like me with a large torso, thighs used to look too short in the L shape sitting position. 2 cm makes a huge positive impact on that L!
Yeah I think you're right. I think another reason my thighs look so straight is due to the rods inside, those nails just straighten the thighs lol

August 20th
15 days post-op/day 8 of distraction
I'm leaving today, will miss my time here. People were amazing. Years later when I'm old I'll look back at my time here and will smile at the nostalgia of this most painful time in my life. A pain well worth it!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:37:33 AM by Sunshine »

Sunshine

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 05:02:14 AM »

thank you.  you leg look good I look more webpage not register to Dr. Buldu i thin it is Murat company webpage for good doctor like livelifetaller wannbetaller and number belong to Murat.  Dr. Buldu on me list doctors but I no want to use bad man Murat she lie me. Murat make good doctor look bad.
I don't wanna get into politics, there are many good doctors for this surgery. I wish you good luck in your journey and hope you will be happy with you doctor choice!

taller2023

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 06:45:43 AM »

I don't wanna get into politics, there are many good doctors for this surgery. I wish you good luck in your journey and hope you will be happy with you doctor choice!

Me to. Than you. I keep read you dairy.

Hi Murat I see you on top live  again.  Why you always here in Sunshine dairy.  You take good pictures.

Ghostfish

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 08:23:19 AM »

Hi Sunshine

Congrats on taking off your journey!! so far so good!  Keep it up and stay strong.  It will get harder and harder!

By the way, I really want to give you a caution about Precice.  As you know, it is not weight bearing and not even close to it.  When I was in Paley institute for my Stryde, I met several Precice patients since it was the earliest time of Stryde.  All of Precice patients were NOT allowed to walk with crutches and NOT even standing without a walker.  Even for a very tiny girl, she had to use a walker although she used crutches for a very short distance with high precaution.  Even with walker, you need to use your arms much more than your legs.  Read more diaries about Precice.  Even if your doctor allows you to do this kind of activity, it is better to be more careful to avoid any risks.

Good luck!   

Sunshine

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »

Hi Sunshine

Congrats on taking off your journey!! so far so good!  Keep it up and stay strong.  It will get harder and harder!

By the way, I really want to give you a caution about Precice.  As you know, it is not weight bearing and not even close to it.  When I was in Paley institute for my Stryde, I met several Precice patients since it was the earliest time of Stryde.  All of Precice patients were NOT allowed to walk with crutches and NOT even standing without a walker.  Even for a very tiny girl, she had to use a walker although she used crutches for a very short distance with high precaution.  Even with walker, you need to use your arms much more than your legs.  Read more diaries about Precice.  Even if your doctor allows you to do this kind of activity, it is better to be more careful to avoid any risks.

Good luck!   
Hey Ghostfish,
Thanks for the advice! I'm super cautious now with those precice nails. I only use the walker as it is safer and more stable than crutches. I put all my body weight on the walker with all my arms and upper body strength before lifting each foot!
Some updates :

August 20th
Just landed in my home country and yesterday when I left Istanbul it was raining for the first time in a while there! The weather was all sunshine during my 15-day stay there and I felt like the sky was sad that I was leaving lol.
Anyway back home now and adusting my daily life with my partial disability, ie toilet seat raiser, shower seat, cooking/eating etc...I have to figure out how I'm gonna be able to cook for myself as standing hands off the walker is too dangerous. I probably will have to settle on food delivery for the next couple months until my new bones are strong enough to support my body. I now have to adjust my daily life routines to my condition, getting out of the bed, standing up using all my arms strength pushing on the walker, using the bathroom, going outside to the backyard, how to pass the doorstep etc...

My flight back home and the new norm of traveling during this pandemic. No more meal service, just 2 snack boxes on a 13-hour flight lol

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 03:31:01 PM by Sunshine »

Sunshine

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »

Me to. Than you. I keep read you dairy.

Hi Murat I see you on top live  again.  Why you always here in Sunshine dairy.  You take good pictures.
Thanks taller 2023,
My pictures are courtesy of iPhone 😂

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »

August 20th
Just landed in my home country and yesterday when I left Istanbul it was raining for the first time in a while there! The weather was all sunshine during my 15-day stay there and I felt like the sky was sad that I was leaving lol.

Hey Sunshine Bro,
Welcome back home.  I am glad to see you decided to use a walker instead of crutches.   Stay safe, careful and strong!

Sunshine

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »

Hey Sunshine Bro,
Welcome back home.  I am glad to see you decided to use a walker instead of crutches.   Stay safe, careful and strong!
Hey Bro,
Thanks! Yeah I'm glad to be back to the comfort of my home and bed lol. I'm super careful now when walking with the walker, not taking any risk!
I hope your pain gets improving and your progress going strong!

drxboom

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2020, 01:16:34 AM »

Hi sunshine

How was the transportation to the hotel after the operation? and your pain seems to be getting better
170cm goal 177 -178

Sunshine

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2020, 01:44:15 AM »

Hi sunshine

How was the transportation to the hotel after the operation? and your pain seems to be getting better
Hey drxboom,
I stayed in the hospital for 5 days after the operation. Then Murat came get me to the TZL Suites in his car.
Yeah I don't even take painkillers anymore since August 20th! I just don't feel pain at rest laying on my bed! It's only when I get up and start walking that my legs and especially my thighs and quads are super stiff! I see people on painkillers weeks after the operation, it may be me that tolerates pain better than others. I lived with pain throughout my life during my workout and runs so pain is just part of my life lol

Sunshine

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2020, 04:57:35 PM »

Hey All!
Some updates:

8/27/2020
22 days post-op, 15 days post-distraction, +1.5 cm
My first follow-up x-rays

Dr. Buldu says my bone generation is excellent lol which is a surprise to me! I was dreading the outcome of these first follow-up x-rays. My sleep has been very bad lately due to new pain coming from my left knee whenever I lay down for extended periods of time. That pain has prevented me from having quality night sleep. It wakes me up every 2 hours and I have to stand up and walk to relieve the pain!
I think the reason my bone generation looks good despite my lack of sleep is my diet! I carefully eat lots of proteins and calcium!

8/30/2020
25 days post-op, 18 days post-distraction, +1.8 cm
My thighs look visibly longer 😂

9/04/2020
30 days post-op, 23 days post-distraction, +2.3 cm
Today I'm leaving the 5'8" - 173cm club and joining the 5'9" - 175cm one 🤣
Definitely not a walk in the park though! Keeping my soft tissues up with distraction is no joke, the pain in my thighs and knee gets worse with every mm gained! I have to keep stretching my quads IT band and work out my hamstrings every day. I'm only at a quarter of my goal and already dreaming about that last day in November when my target will be reached, if ever!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up