Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs stryde with Giotikas (July 2020)  (Read 24439 times)

Highest

Re: Femurs stryde with Giotikas (July 2020)
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »

Hi I wanted to ask you about the nail you have. The 10mm one has a max 68kg weight limit and with you at 65kg it's real close to being at max limit. If you were to land heavy on the ground for whatever reason are you then at risk of breaking it?

m7liam

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »

Hi I wanted to ask you about the nail you have. The 10mm one has a max 68kg weight limit and with you at 65kg it's real close to being at max limit. If you were to land heavy on the ground for whatever reason are you then at risk of breaking it?

It’s 68kg per leg I think so if I’m standing the weight is distributed. Imagine there’ll be some safety margin (just like an elevator limit is 4 people but can hold 8). And I’ve lost weight since surgery.

But yes got to be careful. I’m not running or jumping

m7liam

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2020, 08:38:29 AM »

I was trying to upload my xrays but can’t do it from the phone.

I’ve been lengthening at 0.75mm last few days. Had a session with doctor who told me my bone growth is good maybe too good. So I will be resuming 1mm per day going forward

more

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »

Very easy to upload x-ray www.imgbb.com

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

Please check your PM m7liam. It would help me out!

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »

How are you doing now with your gait? And how much have you lengthened now? From my calculations(horrible) you should be done in a couple of weeks? Hope recovery is going stellar and would be nice to see any progress on the walk via video if you can of course

AFB

m7liam

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2020, 07:40:42 PM »

How are you doing now with your gait? And how much have you lengthened now? From my calculations(horrible) you should be done in a couple of weeks? Hope recovery is going stellar and would be nice to see any progress on the walk via video if you can of course

AFB

Hi apple and all. As a quick update.

I’m now at 6.1cm’s. in terms of gait, my gait has stayed the same as before and I suspect it won’t improve until after lengthening is done. My wide legs funny enough has improved slightly over the last few days (whereas before I stood/walk with 40cms apart I am now standing/walking with 20cms apart). Not sure why but it may have to do with the few days I was lengthening at 0.75mm per day.

Yesterday I went on a big shopping session outdoors where I walked about 10k steps without crutches (obviously with breaks in between). Felt like a long hike. Thought today my muscles would be aching throughout but I’m strangely fine. So probably fair to say I feel quite strong (vs 2 weeks ago).

Still have a slightly bent right knee but it hasn’t gotten worse which is good. I also have a quite sore right bum when I sit too long or lie down which is annoying. Otherwise there is some tightness but still manageable.

I have not got any nerve pain yet. I’m consistently taking one pill of lyrica of day. Not sure if strange. At this rate I may finish without any nerve pain.

I should be done in 3 weeks which is fantastic. Pushing towards the end. I will try to upload a video in the next few days.

m7liam

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »

Please check your PM m7liam. It would help me out!

I believe I responded but let me know if you didn’t get my response

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »

It's amazing in today's age we can go shopping and walk 10k steps without crutches while in the lengthening phase and still distracting. That's crazy.

3 more weeks sir. And then the hardest part will be over :)

Cheers
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2020, 08:10:09 PM »

It's amazing in today's age we can go shopping and walk 10k steps without crutches while in the lengthening phase and still distracting. That's crazy.

3 more weeks sir. And then the hardest part will be over :)

Cheers
Yes it is. Thats why I keep saying that Stryde is a revolution for LL and the best we will have for the next many many years.

M7liam I really hope you'll have a great result. You are almost there.
Keep strong.

m7liam

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »

Guys - checking if anyone else has ever had a sore bum. I have a sore bum whenever i sit or lie down and I'm not on tramadol. Its annoying as hell?!!

Tartar

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »

Guys - checking if anyone else has ever had a sore bum. I have a sore bum whenever i sit or lie down and I'm not on tramadol. Its annoying as hell?!!
Find a soft chair lol. I've never heard about this kind of pain

brondo

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2020, 06:54:25 AM »

I believe I saw a video on Movie's diary where he had some pain sitting down early on in his journey. Might wanna check that out.

m7liam

« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 02:49:47 AM »

Video of me at 6.2cm. The limp is due to the slight bend in the right knee (x-rays confirm both legs are the same length)

m7liam

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 03:25:27 AM »

Here's another video where I walk a bit slower and consciously try to put my legs closer

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 03:38:10 AM »

Looks fair. You'll probably make 8cm

Wide legs hopefully will settle down after distraction is over. Tons of hip sway but that's normal given the limited range of motion

How much u walking a day btw

User requested self-ban.

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »

Looks great! Thanks for the diary!

I’m planning to go with Giotikas as well once the COVID situation calms down.

Are you able to do upper body exercises at all (eg. chest press, bicep curls, etc.)? I figured if I’m stuck in lengthening for 3 months, I might as well do upper body exercises to maintain fitness & upper-body strength. Thanks!

Body Builder

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:49 AM »

You walk better than before. Thats very good.
Keep strong.

Tartar

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:02 PM »

Are you sure to have lengthened your femur? Your tibia looks long ;D Great proportion!

m7liam

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »

Are you able to do upper body exercises at all (eg. chest press, bicep curls, etc.)? I figured if I’m stuck in lengthening for 3 months, I might as well do upper body exercises to maintain fitness & upper-body strength. Thanks!

Yes - no issues doing upper body although I have not done any.

Are you sure to have lengthened your femur? Your tibia looks long ;D Great proportion!

Yes haha. I suspect its because the shirt I'm wearing is quite long (goes past my bum) hence a bit deceiving.

You walk better than before. Thats very good.
Keep strong.

Thank you!

How much u walking a day btw

I would say on average about 100-200m a day. But highly variable. Some days much more, some days almost nothing.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2020, 12:43:16 AM »

Did giotikas do it band release in you. Tight it band is cause of wide legs btw. I dink giotigas did a small release not enuf but it's ok wide leg will resolve eventuly

Stretch the hell outta it band asap. Also stay consistent with your exercises, try to do daily and get yourself out of bed wen u feel good and it will increase chance you'll get out when u feel bad

If you feelin lazy at stretching just stand for long periods of time mindfully try to reduce the wide legs slowly it is still very gud

U have about only 3 more weeks to go that is 3 sets of 7 days you can do it!!!

U will be 176cm, literally an amazing height compared to the 168 you were before. At this height you will have confidence boost by literally 2000% and probably very likely you will stop caring about your height for the rest of your life. You can feel like a grown áss man 🙂 excuse my languwidge

User requested self-ban.

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2020, 09:18:22 AM »

Thanks for the reply! Please keep recording your journey and showing us the videos until your walk returns to normal (and hopefully even after so we know the long-term results). We often hear about people’s experiences but we rarely get to see what it actually looks like. Your recovery would be a great inspiration to a lot of people.

AnotherShorty

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »

Hey bud, hows ur recovery now? A couple of questions
1) do you think Giotikas pain management is up to the mark? When I see Debiprashad dairies, they don't seem taking way too much.
2) do you think LL was worth? Like you feel that there are too many trade-offs?
3) now you have longer femurs, do think they will f*up your knees?
4)  excluding surgery cost, how much money should we reserve for complications and living expenses.
5) do you think you will be pre-LL after 3 years and so?

Thanks for sharing your experience again... hope you get through this ASAP

Best regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

m7liam

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »

Hey bud, hows ur recovery now? A couple of questions
1) do you think Giotikas pain management is up to the mark? When I see Debiprashad dairies, they don't seem taking way too much.
2) do you think LL was worth? Like you feel that there are too many trade-offs?
3) now you have longer femurs, do think they will f*up your knees?
4)  excluding surgery cost, how much money should we reserve for complications and living expenses.
5) do you think you will be pre-LL after 3 years and so?

Thanks for sharing your experience again... hope you get through this ASAP

Best regards

I don't think the pain was too bad. Although I am sensitive to pain. I have been taking 2 tramadols and a few panadols per day pretty consistently.

Yes I absolutely think it was worth it, now that I am nearly 3 months in. I don't think about height anymore.

Not sure. Will have to let you know post-lengthening.

Maybe $5k or so for living expenses. Complications up to you I guess, maybe $10-20k

I'm aiming to be pre-LL within 6 months (except for running). Let's see.

Thanks for the reply! Please keep recording your journey and showing us the videos until your walk returns to normal (and hopefully even after so we know the long-term results). We often hear about people’s experiences but we rarely get to see what it actually looks like. Your recovery would be a great inspiration to a lot of people.

Thank you, I will!

Did giotikas do it band release in you. Tight it band is cause of wide legs btw. I dink giotigas did a small release not enuf but it's ok wide leg will resolve eventuly

Yes I think he did. The reason I think so is 1) my wide legs never got worse after 2.5cms, and 2) I have no duckass. Doctor said that you can get wide legs from other muscles being caught during the lengthening. But it could be that he could have done it more, IDK.

m7liam

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 07:51:39 PM »

I'll be at 7.0cm's tomorrow.

I definitely feel tighter in the last few days as I approach the end. The tightness is affecting my walking ability.

Still no nerve pain. Nerve pain was one of my biggest fears. Hilarious!!!

Wide legs and bent right knee still persist but haven't got worse. Still got a sore right bum. Strangely enough left knee is completely fine.

10 more days to go!!!

m7liam

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 07:57:46 PM »

X-Rays at 5.5cm's below. I'll be getting new x-ray's tomorrow so will send around 7cm's as well. Note that doc said I was consolidating faster than normal.

Tartar

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »

X-Rays at 5.5cm's below. I'll be getting new x-ray's tomorrow so will send around 7cm's as well. Note that doc said I was consolidating faster than normal.

Nice callus. Unfortunately in these XR you can’t see the magnet to make the double check about the distraction length. I think that it’s the most precise way to measure it.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »

Yea that's very good callus

By the way why is your femur like that. On the edge of the thighs lol. Maybes the camera angle? Femur I would've imagine was in the centered of thigh.

Anyways good callus good bone.and you basically have less than 2 week left it is almost over

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2020, 09:23:54 PM »

The right callus is stronger than the left and thats maybe why you feel more pain when you lengthen right foot.
That said, these calluses are far from preconsolidation so I wonder why doctors don't let patients to lengthen at a slower rate than 1mm after 3-4cms to have an easier and safer lengthening and a faster consolidation.

more

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »

Your right femur is angular which not good at all , if you post whole femur x-ray will be seen clearly,

Arcon

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2020, 08:09:39 AM »

Hi @m7liam, nice x-rays and a very good consolidation, congrats!
Keep it going till you are all done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up