Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reopening growth plates  (Read 6630 times)

Re: Reopening growth plates
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »

What do I lose by doing LL?
i mean honestly you see around 5-10 certain people in this forum who have long diaries talking about their experiences with whatever US Drs and when you ask them do you feel like you're in Pain, cant walk properly,...etc They reply with a "No, im back to normal" so either these guys are some liars or they're misleading

Running fast is just an example. What I'm trying to say is athletic functions aren't really something to underestimate.

And if only it's the only trade-off of LL, I probably would still do it. But apart from that,

1. It isn't free. It costs a lot of money.

2. Several months of unbearable pain. Some say it's more painful than getting hit by a car.

3. All things that can go wrong during surgery & lengthening phase: infection, fat embolism, non-union, etc. Unicorn is the best example  for this.

4. If you're lucky and pass all those, you'll still face possible long term complications: such as the one you mentioned: "premature arthritis" which among the popular ones. And the unpopular ones such as possible shortened life expectancy.

Because you said "Stretching your tissues for 6-8 cm is not a joke." Is it possible that it will cause any circulatory problems/your heart having to work harder making you more prone to life-threathening disease such as cardiac arrest and such?

5. And on top of that: reduced athletic functions (guaranteed)

Then you gain 2".

Hagane

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »

Hobbes The Dog in his mid 20s, that's just 8 years from now. Most of us will still be relative young, late 20s or mid 30s. Even late 30s or early 40s is still not old.

I think if short men of high net worth can go to these universities to get involved in these researches, that will help speed up the process.

isnt hobbes still in highschool?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »

isnt hobbes still in highschool?

I'm not sure but he's 17.

Hagane

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »

what i mean by "too old" is while 30's 40's is still young ish, it will never compare to the potential you have in your 20's. youre not bogged down by any responsibilities.im in my late 20's and im already noticing the shift.
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2020, 04:58:50 PM »

what i mean by "too old" is while 30's 40's is still young ish, it will never compare to the potential you have in your 20's. youre not bogged down by any responsibilities.im in my late 20's and im already noticing the shift.

Of course. But again, LL is a huge sacrifice if you don't want to wait for an alternative.

Drop-Loud

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »

Hi Everyone,

According to this guy, LPP (Link protein N-terminal peptide) could be a game changer for people with closed growth plates

https://www.reddit.com/r/looksmaxxing/comments/hmj34y/what_future_heightmaxxing_regimen_may_look/

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/sci/2018/3217895/

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/1529-0131(199801)41:1%3C157::AID-ART19%3E3.0.CO;2-J

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lsjl/we-are-getting-close-to-reopening-growth-plates-t1023-s70.html

CK Biotechnology Co. (Seoul, KR) filed a patent for a PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITION CONTAINING INDIRUBIN DERIVATIVE AS ACTIVE INGREDIENT :

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2020/0223824.html

I tried to contact them, but did not received any answer : http://ckbiotech.co.kr/company/locationcontact/

This company want to help people grow taller with their compound and it should be safe.

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2020/08/16/breakthrough-indirubin-looks-like-promising-height-increase-compound/#comment-454812

We are talking about these new technologies here, and all alternatives to actual LL surgery : http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.0

Feel free to join us and contribute. We are close to find a solution.

berezoni

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 02:19:45 PM »

Useful video ,very dense but worth watching

Bjoern77

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 08:38:57 PM »

nanorobots

We are basically assembled by biological nanorobots (Cells, blood cells, Ribosomes, Proteins etc.)

Synthetic Nano-Technology like in Star Trek (Borg) might become reality at some point in our future, but not in this century.

Bjoern77

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »

This European project will be completed in 2022. Could it bring to growth plate reopening in adults?

https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/843717/it

I remain skeptical, although it is an interesting field of study. Big pharma should have a look into it... pour money into it.

Ak95

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2022, 05:42:26 PM »

Some new Infos about this Research ?

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2022, 01:43:53 PM »

This is more or less science fiction and speculation at this stage, probably nothing significant will progress for at least the next 30 years. By then we will be too old for any point of being taller.

Ak95

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »

I still would like to hear some News about this Research

Limblengtheningwarrior

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2022, 09:26:00 AM »

Dude, the growth plates just disappear when we reach adulthood, they are no longer in existence; hence I think we should do things about RECREATING GROWTH PLATES

Ak95

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2022, 10:06:09 AM »

This would be Great.

Ak95

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2022, 12:15:01 PM »

Why Nobody search for a Solution to fix the height of adults. All These doctors could make Even More Money with a new method

garfild

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2022, 06:24:29 PM »

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190227131721.htm
If that study is right then reactivating growth plates in adults shouldnt be any different than growth of deer antlers or neurogenesis, what means that stimulating chondrogenesis may reopen possibility to grow higher. I believe aggressive chrondrogenesis is stopped significantly before 20 due to parasympathetic tone decline

Ak95

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2022, 07:17:47 PM »

Interesting Research Hope we will get More Information about this. I would spend money to such Companys to Speed up the Research

garfild

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2022, 09:59:53 PM »

In theory it is indeed possible. Parasympathetic tone during puberty enhances thyroid function which blocks stem cells transforming into fat cells instead increases fgf2 igf1 gh pth which turns stem cells to chondrocytes. Essentialy during puberty osteogenic activity is enhanced and adipogenic is decresed. After puberty roles are reversed and so we easier getting fat.

Ak95

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2022, 10:00:16 AM »

So what does it mean for adults ?

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2022, 05:55:17 AM »

Good luck being the guinea pig for such theoretical procedures. Who knows the long term complications, especially when LL which has been around for so long have debatable long term effects. By the time such theoretical procedures are approved it would be at least another 20-30 years and by then its long past our prime.

10cm Tibia

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2023, 11:41:24 AM »

Our grandchildren can do this. The only way to truly grow taller right now is to break bones.

Werewolf

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2023, 12:35:07 PM »

Good luck being the guinea pig for such theoretical procedures. Who knows the long term complications, especially when LL which has been around for so long have debatable long term effects. By the time such theoretical procedures are approved it would be at least another 20-30 years and by then its long past our prime.
Right.
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

HappyDrunk

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2023, 12:14:51 AM »

Kinda frustrating how we are living in the year 2023 and there are still no other ways to grow taller as an adult other than a barbaric alternative that was discovered in the 1950's

tempthrowaway

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2023, 02:13:33 AM »

Kinda frustrating how we are living in the year 2023 and there are still no other ways to grow taller as an adult other than a barbaric alternative that was discovered in the 1950's

That's why height is so important.  If body aesthetics and muscle mass were immutable, it would be heavily selected for.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2023, 06:42:24 AM »

If entry barriers were low, there will be no exclusivity to that trait that makes it valued as everyone could do it easily.

TheDream

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2023, 12:04:51 PM »

I think a more feasible way to improve height gain is to improve the LL process.

We need to be able to make the lengthening process longer but instead of jumps from clicks we need to make it a more smooth action during sleep maybe mixed with HGH.

This obviously means we need a way to slow down the bone regeneration (i.e. control it better). This way the soft tissue isn’t exposed to such massive stresses from the clicks.

But at this point maybe we are talking about something so theoretical that we might as well be talking growth plates.

HappyDrunk

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 07:29:53 PM »

If entry barriers were low, there will be no exclusivity to that trait that makes it valued as everyone could do it easily.

Yes thats true. Even if something ground breaking were to become available and the entry barrier was it being very expensive, all the short celebrities would be the first to use it and eventually the standards of height would increase

HappyDrunk

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 07:39:44 PM »

I think a more feasible way to improve height gain is to improve the LL process.

We need to be able to make the lengthening process longer but instead of jumps from clicks we need to make it a more smooth action during sleep maybe mixed with HGH.

This obviously means we need a way to slow down the bone regeneration (i.e. control it better). This way the soft tissue isn’t exposed to such massive stresses from the clicks.

But at this point maybe we are talking about something so theoretical that we might as well be talking growth plates.

I thought of something similar. Like if there was a way to decalcify the long bone to make it malleable and then manipulate the way in which it grows.

Other than that, I do like the idea of regenerating new growth plates and I feel like this may be the next big discovery. I just wish scientists would stop experimenting on Mice who have a completely different bone anatomy than humans. I've heard countless times that their bones never ossify.

oklama

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2023, 03:53:29 AM »

this is a great idea. the next precise WB nail should have Apple Watch integration so it can track your sleep and slowly do your daily lengthening as it detects you sleeping.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up