Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020  (Read 12341 times)

asian

Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020
« on: October 03, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »

Hey guys, I had my surgery on September 22nd and stayed in the hospital for 4 days.

Day -1: Did a lot of checks and met a lot of doctors, they want to ensure I don't have any other disease.
Day 0: Went to the hospital at 5:30 lol, I was the first surgery on that day so I have to be there before 6 am. The nurse shaved my leg hair and changed cloth. Then they put me in the bed and push me to the operation room. When I woke up I was laying in my bed. I was unable to do anything, just sleep and eat. The food was pretty good, and nurses are nice.
Day 1: Same as day 0, just sleep and eat. I was able to walk a little bit with my walker.
Day 2: Sleep and eat. I was able to walk to the toilet to pee by using the walker.
Day 3: Sleep and eat. I walked a little bit more, went to another patient's room, and had a chat with him... and started to use crutches. Surprisingly I was able to do bowel movement on day 3, I mainly use my arm muscle to pull up myself. It was painful, but It's very important to me.
Day 4: Last day at the hospital, I hired a private nurse to help me to carry me into my apartment because it has a few stairs before the elevator...I was able to climb the stairs by using my arm and a crutch.

Day 5 - Day 11: I basically can do everything by myself, including cooking, washing clothes, going(taxi) to the physio center. Today is 11th day after the surgery, I'm able to walk a little bit without crutches like a penguin. I was very fit and flexible before the surgery(go to the gym 4-5 times a week, my palm can touch the floor), I think this helped me a lot. A guy who had surgery on the same day, he's recovery is very good as well, he's pretty flexible and fit. But another guy who had the surgery a day later than us got some troubles. He even couldn't stand and his knees couldn't bent to 90 degrees. If you want to do this surgery, you have to be very strong and flexible.

During the day, the pain is not very bad, it's only like 2-4/10. During the physiotherapy, it's like 8-9/10...it's really painful.

My only issue is that my sleep is not very well, I wake up 4-5 times every night. It's not because the pain, I feel my legs are very uncomfortable, I usually wake up and sit for one or two minutes. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this issue? Thank you!
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

brondo

Re: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 04:14:59 PM »

Congrats on starting your journey asian! Looking forward to the updates!

Hatch

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »

What version of erc you are using?

It seems that lot of people having problems with erc1 device. Even another Giotikas patient on this forum. Can your device sense is the nail moving?

azman

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 07:51:22 AM »

My only issue is that my sleep is not very well, I wake up 4-5 times every night. It's not because the pain, I feel my legs are very uncomfortable, I usually wake up and sit for one or two minutes. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this issue? Thank you!

[/quote]

Try sleeping on your stomach or a few pillows under your legs if you’re sleeping on your back.

Dr. G will not prescribe muscle relaxer when your muscles get tight, after 5cm, but muscle relaxer did improve my sleep.  You can buy some at the pharmacy, small pharmacy are like at every 10 blocks, pharmacy are the ones with the green cross.  I used Sirdalud 2mg.

Also Tylenol PM if you are able to get some in Athens.

Hope this help

simple

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »

Hi Asian, wish you the best of luck in your journey and I will be following your diary closely.
not sure if 5 cm is worth it.
"Secure men can date tall women.. just saying'" - tweet from Helen Yee

asian

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »

I think it's an old version. A black one with one yellow button and one green button. I'm not sure if it's working properly. I have a post-op x-ray appointment next week, we will see.

asian

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »

Hi Azman,

Yeah, I tried to sleep on my stomach but it didn't work for me... Add a pillow under my knees does help. I will ask the Dr if I can buy some medicine that you recommended. Thank you, Azman!

m7liam

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 03:09:39 AM »

A softer bed is much easier to sleep in than a harder bed

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 05:57:58 PM »

Congratulations on starting your journey! Looking forward to seeing updates on this.  I'll be possibly seeing you there as I'm scheduled in a few weeks :)

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:30 PM »

Hey Asian! Best of luck. Planning on doing this within the next few months. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

asian

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

Hey Asian! Best of luck. Planning on doing this within the next few months. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Hi bro, I'm 160cm 58kg, age 20s.

asian

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 04:25:40 PM »

Day 15: Had my first post-op appointment with Doctor. Everything is going well. The nail is moving.

brondo

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »

Hi asian,

Thanks for the update. Are you from Greece or somewhere close by? How is it coming from out of town if you are from a different country than Greece? Is it easy to navigate if you speak English?

AnotherShorty

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »

Hi Asian
 You are a brave man who has the guts to go and get your legs broken voluntary ...

A couple of questions:

1) what were your thoughts before the surgery ( about the complications, pain n all ), what happened that you made your mind like ” I am doing this no matter what”
2) could you describe the first feeling after the surgery when the anesthesia wore off? some people say they felt immense pain... Some say legs just feel stiff and heavy...
3) in PT, that pain is due to the incisions getting stretched or it's like some deep bone pain?
4) Does anesthesia causes unbelievable pain? ( as mentioned in kilokhan and sunshine dairy ) Also, how painful was ur catheter experience?
5) You do your PT with other CLL patients in a batch or alone?
Sorry of bombarding so may question, my choice is Dr G also that's why I am so curious...

Hope you get through this without any pain or complication.

Best Regards

We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

asian

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 04:52:16 PM »

Hi asian,

Thanks for the update. Are you from Greece or somewhere close by? How is it coming from out of town if you are from a different country than Greece? Is it easy to navigate if you speak English?

Hi Brondo,

Most of the Greeks speak English since there are a lot of foreigners living here. I don't speak Greek at all.

asian

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 05:06:18 PM »

Hi Asian
 You are a brave man who has the guts to go and get your legs broken voluntary ...

A couple of questions:

1) what were your thoughts before the surgery ( about the complications, pain n all ), what happened that you made your mind like ” I am doing this no matter what”
2) could you describe the first feeling after the surgery when the anesthesia wore off? some people say they felt immense pain... Some say legs just feel stiff and heavy...
3) in PT, that pain is due to the incisions getting stretched or it's like some deep bone pain?
4) Does anesthesia causes unbelievable pain? ( as mentioned in kilokhan and sunshine dairy ) Also, how painful was ur catheter experience?
5) You do your PT with other CLL patients in a batch or alone?
Sorry of bombarding so may question, my choice is Dr G also that's why I am so curious...

Hope you get through this without any pain or complication.

Best Regards

1. Too hard to answer, this is the question you're asking yourself every day haha. I made the decision very quickly because I know it's good for me.
2. I felt my legs are super heavy, couldn't turn my body nor move my legs. I didn't feel too much pain.
3. It's soft tissue pain. Just like you're pushing your limits.
4. I didn't feel too much pain. When I went to the toilet, I felt pain because I was using damaged muscles. You have to push it, your body can tolerate it. catheter? urinary catheter? is uncomfortable, only for a few seconds, but it's better than you couldn't pee... Another patient didn't need a catheter, it depends on the person.
5. PT is 1 on 1 session

AnotherShorty

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 05:26:08 PM »

Yeah mate... I am pretty scared... What if sh*t goes sideways... It's a life changing decision so I need to think this through... For me cons are more as compared to pros so I will see...
Anyways... Thanks for answering champ! Congratulations on distraction going smooth ...

Many thanks
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

init1alove

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »

Hi Asian,

Do you have someone to take care of you? Have you hired a caretaker?

brondo

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

Thanks for replying asian. Can you tell me approximately how much I would need to save up if I wanted to go with Giotikas for Stryde coming from America? I guess I would be staying there until the end of distraction which would be 5cm for myself so two months or so.

asian

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »

Hi Asian,

Do you have someone to take care of you? Have you hired a caretaker?

Hi init1alove, I hired a caretaker for the first night after discharged from the hospital. I was able to stand and walk with a walker but some people even couldn't stand up. It depends on how fit and flexible you were before the surgery. The caretaker rate is 10 euro/ hour, or you can stay longer in the hospital.

asian

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »

Thanks for replying asian. Can you tell me approximately how much I would need to save up if I wanted to go with Giotikas for Stryde coming from America? I guess I would be staying there until the end of distraction which would be 5cm for myself so two months or so.

Hi Brondo, It's really depending on the person. I cook by myself, I take a taxi every time to go to PT, I rent an Airbnb studio. I spend about USD$1,000 a month. You will need at least operation fees + 2000 to 3000 USD + flight tickets.

brondo

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »

Hi Brondo, It's really depending on the person. I cook by myself, I take a taxi every time to go to PT, I rent an Airbnb studio. I spend about USD$1,000 a month. You will need at least operation fees + 2000 to 3000 USD + flight tickets.

Thank you!

asian

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »

A softer bed is much easier to sleep in than a harder bed

Hi bro, yeah the soft bed helps. Last night I added a topper on my mattress and I also added some pillows under my upper body which makes my upper body is higher than my lower body. I think this helps the blood flow to my feet.  I only woke up once last night lol... Thanks for the advice!

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 10:37:46 AM »

Are you American. Are u software engineer or investment banking. Are u Asian.

Lmao sorry for questions asian.

I rly do hope stuff goes well. For you. Buy 3-4 small travel pillows and use as needed when sleeping. Need back support áss support side of head support (both sides) etc.

And what's your age. Anononimity is muy importante so please don't share if u ain't comfortable or give a range like (early 30s) or 27-32
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »

Hey asian. Another question, how is life in general in Athens compared to where you are from? How is the food and quality of living. I don't think you are doing much in terms of fun given the surgery lol but is it a nice place to be in general?
Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

asian

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »

Hey asian. Another question, how is life in general in Athens compared to where you are from? How is the food and quality of living. I don't think you are doing much in terms of fun given the surgery lol but is it a nice place to be in general?

Hi anaverageperson, lol yeah, I arrived 2 days before the surgery date. I haven't been to any fun places yet. Athens is pretty nice, much warmer compare to where I from (the winter lasts 6 months). It's sunny every day and it's still in summer now... to sum up, the weather is really good, it's very safe, the food is pretty good, people are very nice.

I use 3 greek apps every day: eFood for food delivery, eFresh for grocery delivery, Beat for the taxi. btw, the taxi is really cheap here.

I made a mistake when I booking my Airbnb, the city center is not a good place to live because it's too noisy.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 10:59:10 AM »

e you American. Are u software engineer or investment banking. Are u Asian.

R u gigga googa

Or dub

User requested self-ban.

asian

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »

e you American. Are u software engineer or investment banking. Are u Asian.

R u gigga googa

Or dub

Hi ghkid, yes, I'm Asian from North America. My occupation is irrelevant to this operation. Thanks

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 11:35:36 AM »

Hi ghkid, yes, I'm Asian from North America. My occupation is irrelevant to this operation. Thanks

Anononimity is muy importante so please don't share if u ain't comfortable

Oh my god I am so sorry for asking so sorry plz forgive me so sorry didn't want to invasion privasee so sorry brotha from anotha motha so sorry sorry I and sorry sir please no destruction me sir daoh meuh gudod

Plz forigvb e me sir pleassewe

User requested self-ban.

asian

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2020, 11:40:01 AM »

Oh my god I am so sorry for asking so sorry plz forgive me so sorry didn't want to invasion privasee so sorry brotha from anotha motha so sorry sorry

Plz forigvb e me sir pleassewe

No worries bro! I think most of the people who had this surgery want to keep it private.

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 03:57:48 PM »

Hi anaverageperson, lol yeah, I arrived 2 days before the surgery date. I haven't been to any fun places yet. Athens is pretty nice, much warmer compare to where I from (the winter lasts 6 months). It's sunny every day and it's still in summer now... to sum up, the weather is really good, it's very safe, the food is pretty good, people are very nice.

I use 3 greek apps every day: eFood for food delivery, eFresh for grocery delivery, Beat for the taxi. btw, the taxi is really cheap here.

I made a mistake when I booking my Airbnb, the city center is not a good place to live because it's too noisy.

Hey Asian, can you use credit cards for these apps? I'm attempting to adjust how much cash I should bring for expenses.  If I can use credit cards for these apps I definitely don't need much in cash.  How much cash would you suggest to bring for the stay based on your experience so far? Thanks, would help me out a ton!

Also are these apps in English? I've downloaded eFood and eFresh but not in English.  However when I go on Google Chrome on my computer, it has a translator built in so was doable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up