Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020  (Read 1907 times)

asian

Re: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2020, 02:42:40 PM »

Hey Asian, can you use credit cards for these apps? I'm attempting to adjust how much cash I should bring for expenses.  If I can use credit cards for these apps I definitely don't need much in cash.  How much cash would you suggest to bring for the stay based on your experience so far? Thanks, would help me out a ton!

Also are these apps in English? I've downloaded eFood and eFresh but not in English.  However when I go on Google Chrome on my computer, it has a translator built in so was doable.

Hi AppleFanBoy,

eFood, eFresh and Beat are English, probably because my iPhone system language is English? eFood and eFresh accept credit cards but the taxi only accepts cash. I only brought 200 euro cash, I still have about 20 euros.. I only use cash for taxi. I'll have to withdraw some cash from an ATM machine.

asian

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »

Day 20 after surgery: Yesterday, I was trying to reduce the dose of pain killers. I only took two pills of DEPON paracetamol 500mg before I went to the bed. I didn't sleep much last night, only about 2-3 hours.. I think it's because I didn't take Lyrica(Nerve pain killer) and Tramadol(Severe pain killer). I'm not sure the reason though. I didn't feel much pain, just felt legs discomfort. Like the blood flow wasn't moving smoothly. I ordered an Air Compression Blood Circulation Leg Massager on eBay. The PT Center has one and I use it every session, it makes me very sleepy every time. I hope it can improve my sleep.

Gman23

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2020, 08:10:28 PM »

Hey Asian,

I just skimmed through your diary an couldn’t seem to find the cost for the surgery or which nail you used. I might possibly do the surgery with Dr giotikas but I want to do 2 surgeries. Please let me know which part you lengthened femurs or tibia, how much you want to lengthen and the cost for it. Also what is your opinion on doing 2 surgeries... please reply thank you, stay safe

asian

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »

Hey Asian,

I just skimmed through your diary an couldn’t seem to find the cost for the surgery or which nail you used. I might possibly do the surgery with Dr giotikas but I want to do 2 surgeries. Please let me know which part you lengthened femurs or tibia, how much you want to lengthen and the cost for it. Also what is your opinion on doing 2 surgeries... please reply thank you, stay safe

Hi Gman23,

I did it on my femurs with Stryde nails. You can check the cost on the doctor's website. Doing both tibia and femurs at the same time will be super hard. Femurs are relatively easier than the tibia.  I'm planning to do my tibia one year later.

asian

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »

Day 21 after surgery: Last night, I took 1 Lyrica, 1 Tramal, and 2 Depon before I went to the bed. I slept pretty well, only woke up 2 times. Actually, I felt more pain on my legs after taking painkillers but I could sleep better. I have no idea how it works...

Gman23

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2020, 12:59:21 PM »

Hi Gman23,

I did it on my femurs with Stryde nails. You can check the cost on the doctor's website. Doing both tibia and femurs at the same time will be super hard. Femurs are relatively easier than the tibia.  I'm planning to do my tibia one year later.

Ayyyy happy for me you man, go for the tibia. That’s my goal aswell. So you want to gain a total of 10-13cm like me ?

asian

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »

Ayyyy happy for me you man, go for the tibia. That’s my goal aswell. So you want to gain a total of 10-13cm like me ?

My goal is 13-14cm, but I'm not sure if my soft tissue can handle it.

Gman23

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2020, 09:32:08 PM »

My goal is 13-14cm, but I'm not sure if my soft tissue can handle it.

Sounds like a bit too much then the safety limit but by all means go for it bro will be watching you all the way !! Good luck

Gman23

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2020, 09:32:49 PM »

Also whats your age if I may ask and when will you go for tibia lengthening?

asian

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2020, 03:50:23 PM »

Day 22 after surgery: My legs are stiff as  .

ghkid2019

• Taking a breather.
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2020, 04:32:11 PM »

Day 22 after surgery: My legs are stiff as  .

Don't leave us hanging c'mon 😂
Do not message me, I am away.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2020, 04:54:04 PM »

Hi Gman23,

Is this really true that stryde on femurs are relatively easier than on tibias? I had heard the opposite.

asian

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »

Is this really true that stryde on femurs are relatively easier than on tibias? I had heard the opposite.

Yeah, some people said tibia's rehab is easier. But from several diaries on the forum, tibia seems more difficult.

asian

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2020, 11:51:25 AM »

Day 25 after surgery: My legs are very stiff. I don't use crutches anymore, I can walk very confidently but look like a robot. I feel more pain recently, especially during the night. Pain is from screw sites. I increased the dose of Tramadol, I take 3 pills a day.

wannabeidol

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »

Yeah, some people said tibia's rehab is easier. But from several diaries on the forum, tibia seems more difficult.

from all the diaries ive read it seems that the physio for femurs is much easier in comparison to tibias
however there seems to be less pain from tibias and patients seem to sleep better

Gman23

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2020, 09:02:56 PM »

Day 25 after surgery: My legs are very stiff. I don't use crutches anymore, I can walk very confidently but look like a robot. I feel more pain recently, especially during the night. Pain is from screw sites. I increased the dose of Tramadol, I take 3 pills a day.

Keep going Asian, I’ll jus come on this forum to read your diary for now... as my goal is the same as yours.stay safe!!!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 02:50:11 AM »

Dear asian,  I think 3 (50 mg) Tramdol pills per day is very reasonable during distraction. I remember Dr. M. told me if there came a point that I could not tolerate pain, I could take 2 pill every 4 hours, but with the condition I would not go beyond 400mg per day; and that's what I did. It must have been around day 30 or so, when pain was too high for me and I had to go for 350 or 400 mg per day.

How is stretching going?

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #48 on: Today at 01:01:45 AM »

Hey Asian! Check your PM.

asian

« Reply #49 on: Today at 08:30:48 AM »

Dear asian,  I think 3 (50 mg) Tramdol pills per day is very reasonable during distraction. I remember Dr. M. told me if there came a point that I could not tolerate pain, I could take 2 pill every 4 hours, but with the condition I would not go beyond 400mg per day; and that's what I did. It must have been around day 30 or so, when pain was too high for me and I had to go for 350 or 400 mg per day.

How is stretching going?

Thanks, SNC. My stretching is pretty good. It's pretty painful during the PT. My physiotherapist is pretty aggressive...but it's good to push my limits.
I checked your stretching routine. Some of them are pretty difficult for me. My hand still can touch my feet, but my other leg can't push down to the ground. it's kind of blocked by the IT band/screws area.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up