Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD  (Read 23616 times)

RazalDazal

Re: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2021, 03:03:37 AM »

FOOD and Leg Lengthening

BelowTheMean

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2021, 03:37:34 AM »

After watching your video I mixed a extra protein shake for tonight lol.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

RazalDazal

« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2021, 09:37:57 PM »

LOLZZZ  ;D

After watching your video I mixed a extra protein shake for tonight lol.

RazalDazal

« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2021, 09:38:41 PM »

Serilium

« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:11 PM »

no more keto razal  :( eat protein and carbs but mostly protein and binge eat!!!

sorry for the issues. hopefully shortening will help immensely! this will get better

itseasy

« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2021, 10:02:35 AM »

Ok guys, I’m going to get a lot of flack for saying this, but hear me out!!

The absolute best drug that SHOULD be used to help, not only bone callous formation but leg and butt muscles as well is a anabolic Steroid called Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca for short). Ya ya ya, I know I know, steroids are bad, yada yada yada. But I promise you, all the opiates and NSAID’s are wreaking havoc already on your liver more than you know, not to mentions other risks.

Deca WILL help you recover bone faster, build muscle quicker, put you in a way better mood, increase energy and make you feel alive on top of all that.

Now, the doctors are going to really balk at the idea of prescribing steroids because there is such a bad stigma around it. But it doesn’t make sense to me, when getting opiates are easily prescribed and there is way more risk associated with abuse on those.

Want to build your bone quick and get those quads and glutes back in business??? Get deca. It will change your life. Research google for yourself and read studies.

I’m not going to get into my situation, but let’s just put it this way.... all the opiates I took during distraction DESTROYED my testosterone levels.  Now I started to understand why all these patients had such yo-yo affects on mood during distraction and recovery. Once I started pinning that magical man juice in me....WOW, I felt like a million bucks and with weeks my legs were gaing strength as record speed, not to mention the rapid bone callous growth. Yes, you have to train on leg press, obviously watching weight limits, but Jesus Christ it made a huge difference in a few weeks.

Added side benifit is my upper body starred to look real nice as well. Try it!!!!

Serilium

« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2021, 11:55:09 AM »

The absolute best drug that SHOULD be used to help, not only bone callous formation but leg and butt muscles as well is a anabolic Steroid called Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca for short). Ya ya ya, I know I know, steroids are bad, yada yada yada. But I promise you, all the opiates and NSAID’s are wreaking havoc already on your liver more than you know, not to mentions other risks.

Deca WILL help you recover bone faster, build muscle quicker, put you in a way better mood, increase energy and make you feel alive on top of all that.

Now, the doctors are going to really balk at the idea of prescribing steroids because there is such a bad stigma around it. But it doesn’t make sense to me, when getting opiates are easily prescribed and there is way more risk associated with abuse on those.

Want to build your bone quick and get those quads and glutes back in business??? Get deca. It will change your life. Research google for yourself and read studies.

I’m not going to get into my situation, but let’s just put it this way.... all the opiates I took during distraction DESTROYED my testosterone levels.  Now I started to understand why all these patients had such yo-yo affects on mood during distraction and recovery. Once I started pinning that magical man juice in me....WOW, I felt like a million bucks and with weeks my legs were gaing strength as record speed, not to mention the rapid bone callous growth. Yes, you have to train on leg press, obviously watching weight limits, but Jesus Christ it made a huge difference in a few weeks.

Added side benifit is my upper body starred to look real nice as well. Try it!!!!

controversial for sure.. but i think this has some merit.. all options on table before needing bone graft... perhaps razal should ask dr. Assayg for this drug

BelowTheMean

« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2021, 04:00:00 PM »

This stuff sounds like magic. Did you get a prescription from your LL doctor or your PCP? I'm haven't had any post-consolidation X-rays yet so I don't know how my bones are growing, but recovering faster sound great. I'd like to join normal society again asap.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

AllinStryde

« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »

This is a very cool diary.  Thanks for making it, I am very impressed with the videos.  I had the SAME thing occur with my lengthening.  However, it was with the medial aspect.  My surgery was done almost 1.5 years ago, not quite.  I get rod-removal x-rays in mid-May to assess if they are ready to come out.  There was talk of me possibly having to get a new, permanent rod placed if the bone didn't fill in enough.  I was in my late 30's when I had this done as well.  Wondering if age is affecting the bone growth, or lack of shall I say.  I had to stop early as well due to tightness.  I did PT every day and some stretching daily on my own.  People don't understand how F'ing tight everything gets.  But it DOES go away after a while and the waddle disappears and you get back to a normal walk.  This procedure takes several years to recover from...just a note to prospective LL'ers.  You all will NOT be returning to Crossfit for a very, very long time.

RazalDazal

« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »

Sure I will ask Dr. Assayag next time I see him

controversial for sure.. but i think this has some merit.. all options on table before needing bone graft... perhaps razal should ask dr. Assayg for this drug

Going-For-Three

« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2021, 06:34:20 PM »

Did you tell Debiparshad you were on deca? What was his response?

RazalDazal

« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

very well put. 100% agree on being tight and getting back to Crossfit

This is a very cool diary.  Thanks for making it, I am very impressed with the videos.  I had the SAME thing occur with my lengthening.  However, it was with the medial aspect.  My surgery was done almost 1.5 years ago, not quite.  I get rod-removal x-rays in mid-May to assess if they are ready to come out.  There was talk of me possibly having to get a new, permanent rod placed if the bone didn't fill in enough.  I was in my late 30's when I had this done as well.  Wondering if age is affecting the bone growth, or lack of shall I say.  I had to stop early as well due to tightness.  I did PT every day and some stretching daily on my own.  People don't understand how F'ing tight everything gets.  But it DOES go away after a while and the waddle disappears and you get back to a normal walk.  This procedure takes several years to recover from...just a note to prospective LL'ers.  You all will NOT be returning to Crossfit for a very, very long time.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2021, 07:47:36 PM »

I just want to emphasize that you will get through this bro! If it was easy everyone would do it, no pain no gain. You have a great surgeon on your team who won't let anything bad ever happen to you. You also have a weight-bearing nail which means a little delay is really no big deal in the long run.

Just wanted to add this as I know you mentioned butchers in foreign countries in one of your videos and reading those diaries makes you feel really awful, even when you're doing LL in the US. Rooting for you man, you got this!

itseasy

« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2021, 10:43:33 PM »

Did you tell Debiparshad you were on deca? What was his response?

I plead the 5th. Subject is to sketchy because of the stupid stigma placed on steroids all because of dumb ass sports controversies. Dr’s are VERY VERY gun shy to even prescribe anabolic steroids because of the irrational stigma it represents.

But boy, watch that bone callous cortex appear like magic. And for those of you that remember the weakness in your legs just to get out of bed, just watch and see how your quads and glutes blow up with even the simplest weight training.

itseasy

« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2021, 10:57:09 PM »

Another thing I want to emphasize is that all the opiates we have been taking completely devastate your natural testosterone levels. Your estrogen probably rises as well, which would explain my bouts of emotional distress during the distraction process.

I felt like a MAN again once I got on the roids

Going-For-Three

« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2021, 05:40:27 AM »

I plead the 5th. Subject is to sketchy because of the stupid stigma placed on steroids all because of dumb ass sports controversies. Dr’s are VERY VERY gun shy to even prescribe anabolic steroids because of the irrational stigma it represents.

But boy, watch that bone callous cortex appear like magic. And for those of you that remember the weakness in your legs just to get out of bed, just watch and see how your quads and glutes blow up with even the simplest weight training.
That's kinda risky considering your other medications could have had some contraindications -- but as you said, you seem to have recovered fine.

Erkan

« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »

FOOD and Leg Lengthening

Hey Razal,
Thats a very important point. i can remember that my doctor kept repeating that i have to eat well. I am glad that he repeated that many times so I became aware of the importance of it. if he had mentioned it only once, maybe I would not have taken it too seriously. In the first few weeks after the surgery, I really ate everything I could and still lost minimal weight! but i think that has also something to do with muscle loss. I do also recommend to start taking vitamin D before the surgery!

itseasy

« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2021, 11:09:04 AM »

Hey Razal,
Thats a very important point. i can remember that my doctor kept repeating that i have to eat well. I am glad that he repeated that many times so I became aware of the importance of it. if he had mentioned it only once, maybe I would not have taken it too seriously. In the first few weeks after the surgery, I really ate everything I could and still lost minimal weight! but i think that has also something to do with muscle loss. I do also recommend to start taking vitamin D before the surgery!

I want every prospective LL’r to know that it is HARD AS HELL to want to eat when you are constantly high in opiates, which you undoubtably need during distraction. I always knew I had to eat but the drive and ambition to even get up and get food was dead. Not to mention you have to eat hella calories just to maintain weight and any strength left in your muscles. Once you get to 6cm and you keep going, you start to really feel all kinds of tightness from hell and the last thing you are thinking of is scarfing down food and keeping that belly full. The only thing you’ll want to eat are those Percacets to make you get through the day as you lay in bed and struggle with the very limited range of motion you are contending with.

Raza, I’ll tell you this though. I am just about fully consolidated and you’ll be back in the gym soon and walking fully unassisted. I’m still dealing with some stupid penguin waddling 6 months post op at about 7.8 CM but I can almost pull off looking like a normal person if I portray somewhat of a gangsta sway....lol!!! It gets better. But like the poster said above, it takes time.

RazalDazal

« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2021, 01:51:14 PM »

o man 7.8 cm pretty impressive :) Congratulations! I agree with you that the waddle and the gait may take some time to completely normalize

I want every prospective LL’r to know that it is HARD AS HELL to want to eat when you are constantly high in opiates, which you undoubtably need during distraction. I always knew I had to eat but the drive and ambition to even get up and get food was dead. Not to mention you have to eat hella calories just to maintain weight and any strength left in your muscles. Once you get to 6cm and you keep going, you start to really feel all kinds of tightness from hell and the last thing you are thinking of is scarfing down food and keeping that belly full. The only thing you’ll want to eat are those Percacets to make you get through the day as you lay in bed and struggle with the very limited range of motion you are contending with.

Raza, I’ll tell you this though. I am just about fully consolidated and you’ll be back in the gym soon and walking fully unassisted. I’m still dealing with some stupid penguin waddling 6 months post op at about 7.8 CM but I can almost pull off looking like a normal person if I portray somewhat of a gangsta sway....lol!!! It gets better. But like the poster said above, it takes time.

Jenksz

• Visitor
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »

o man 7.8 cm pretty impressive :) Congratulations! I agree with you that the waddle and the gait may take some time to completely normalize

Hey Raz - I've just signed up for this forum and have watched a number of your vids scrolling through this thread. Thank you so much for sharing your journey it has been most helpful.

Seeing Dr. Assayag also comment on Dr. Marie Gdalevitch in another thread was very reassuring after seeing how good he has been to you.

more

« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »

How are you?

RazalDazal

« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2021, 02:29:04 AM »

So sorry for the absence  :-\

Aside from my regular job, I am also working on a new tech startup which siphoned the reaming time I used to have. I will make a video update.

But here is the summary:

- I started to take higher doses of Calcium, Magnesium and Vit. B3.
- x-ray continues to show improvement
- I am reaching my goal in about couple of days YAY  ;D of 67MM. So i will be stopping my lengthening pretty soon here
- If my concavish callus does not improve, Dr. Assayag will remove the screws on my rod in couple of months so I can exert more pressure on my bone and cause it to grow more callus. The bone graft is of course always present as an option if this does not improve.

So far things are OK. I will continue to get x-rays and monitor my progress

How are you?

Going-For-Three

« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2021, 04:44:39 AM »

Thanks for the update RD.

Have you talked to Assayag about bisphosphonates? They should help overall bone growth by preventing bone resorption. Usually, bones are built through a cycle of resorption (breakdown old bone), reversal (new bone-forming cells appear), and formation. I'm not sure 100% sure how LL affects the cycle, but I know for a fact Paley has recommended bisphosphonates to his patients in the past.

Ahd1978

« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

Hi there

So if you lengthened 6.7cm

Does that show in actual height measurements I mean from your starting height to now so I have full 6.7 cm visible when you measure your self

I have gained 6.4 cm in distraction but only able to measure 5.8 cm actual height

Would be nice to know and also of we gain these lost mm
 Post distraction

Thanks

BelowTheMean

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2021, 02:24:17 PM »

Hi there

So if you lengthened 6.7cm

Does that show in actual height measurements I mean from your starting height to now so I have full 6.7 cm visible when you measure your self

I have gained 6.4 cm in distraction but only able to measure 5.8 cm actual height

Would be nice to know and also of we gain these lost mm
 Post distraction

Thanks

Do you mean 6.4cm on the ERC? If so, then it's possible that the nail hasn't actually extended that much yet. The only way to tell for sure is to get an X-ray and even so, the doctor can't measure the distraction 100%. The only foolproof way to know how much you lengthened is to max each nail out to 8cm.

Ahd1978

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »

6.4 on x ray

But in real height I’m .5 cm lesser when measuring myself

BelowTheMean

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2021, 03:41:24 PM »

6.4 on x ray

But in real height I’m .5 cm lesser when measuring myself

It could be starting and ending height measured at different times during the day, anterior pelvic tilt increasing the curvature of your spine, X-ray readings have an error bar as well. It's going to be almost impossible to know what you actually lengthened unless you take measurements at different times in the day over a long period of time.

Ahd1978

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »

Wonder how RAZAl is faring with this ?

I measure today at 182.5 cm so that’s

6 cm from starting  height of 176.5

Looks awesome now but .5 cm would just wrap it up nicely

But fatigue set in and this weird erratic heart beat.

So let’s see what’s in store

Want-3-inches

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2021, 12:08:57 PM »

So sorry for the absence  :-\

Aside from my regular job, I am also working on a new tech startup which siphoned the reaming time I used to have. I will make a video update.

But here is the summary:

- I started to take higher doses of Calcium, Magnesium and Vit. B3.
- x-ray continues to show improvement
- I am reaching my goal in about couple of days YAY  ;D of 67MM. So i will be stopping my lengthening pretty soon here
- If my concavish callus does not improve, Dr. Assayag will remove the screws on my rod in couple of months so I can exert more pressure on my bone and cause it to grow more callus. The bone graft is of course always present as an option if this does not improve.

So far things are OK. I will continue to get x-rays and monitor my progress

can't wait for your video Razal!

FSchez

« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »

Hi guys !!
It happens the same to me too...
My latest X-rays show a 7 cm distraction and the actual height has only increased 6 cm ...
The curve of the back subtracts between half a cm and 1.5 cm, it depends on the degree of inclination of your lumbar area. In my case, my lower back is very curved, so much so that it is impossible to hit the middle of my back when I support my head and my legs against the wall.
I suppose that if we work the lower back well and regain the flexibility of our hips, over time we will gain those lost millimeters ...
By the way Razal, I am glad that you are already so close to your goal, and I hope that your bone goes better every day, surely you get it💪
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up