Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu  (Read 20842 times)

Apollo676

Re: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2021, 09:35:49 PM »

So you pay like 1k a month there,maybe their 20k package isn't that bad then,i'm wondering if they give supplements and medication with it though,you payed 16k right ? Does it include the physio ? About that,how is it going for you,you train everyday ? How was your flexibility before the op ?

Jamesy998

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »

So you pay like 1k a month there,maybe their 20k package isn't that bad then,i'm wondering if they give supplements and medication with it though,you payed 16k right ? Does it include the physio ? About that,how is it going for you,you train everyday ? How was your flexibility before the op ?

I am a swimmer and my flexibility has always been very good to be honest. In regard to the medication and physio that would come out of your own pocket as far as I know but you have to ask directly with Dr. Buldus team.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Apollo676

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2021, 03:09:40 PM »

How about your daily routine ? Do you have enough energy and focus to study/work on your computer ? Do you go outside often or you're 24/7 in your flat ?

Jamesy998

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »

How about your daily routine ? Do you have enough energy and focus to study/work on your computer ? Do you go outside often or you're 24/7 in your flat ?

My focus has been pretty good the last few weeks. Work is easy for me and it is a good time killer. I prefer not to go outside but I do sometimes to get some air. I am in the city centre and as you would imagine it is very busy so I avoid going out. This LL gave me quite the time to think about future plans too so it is not all that bad.

Month and a half left and I am finished so lets just hope it flies.

Apollo676

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »

You're going for the full 8cms ? I saw that Dr Buldu allow some patients to go beyond that,8.5/9.5cm some at 10cms

Jamesy998

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »

You're going for the full 8cms ? I saw that Dr Buldu allow some patients to go beyond that,8.5/9.5cm some at 10cms

I want 10cm, as my flexibility is really good and at almost 5cm now I feel nothing. I am 90 percent sure I can gain the full 10cm but I am taking it 1cm at a time.

Apollo676

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2021, 11:57:46 AM »

Wow thats insane man,i'm really interesting going with Dr Buldu,20k would turn LL from a dream into a reality,and i don't want to do it too late,i'm already about to turn 26yo,from what i read,it's way more preferable to do externals on tibias,however in my case i already have relatively long tibias,so it wouldn't look very nice to do +5cm on them,would almost make them like my femurs

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2021, 12:25:58 PM »

What does nerve pain feel like?

Jamesy998

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2021, 03:01:22 PM »

What does nerve pain feel like?

Pinch yourself really hard very quickly. That is what its like for me but I would imagine it is different for everyone else. Nerve pain is less painful than stretching and pinsite pains which unlike nerve pain, is always there.

Jamesy998

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2021, 03:05:09 PM »

Wow thats insane man,i'm really interesting going with Dr Buldu,20k would turn LL from a dream into a reality,and i don't want to do it too late,i'm already about to turn 26yo,from what i read,it's way more preferable to do externals on tibias,however in my case i already have relatively long tibias,so it wouldn't look very nice to do +5cm on them,would almost make them like my femurs

My tibias were actually longer than my femurs so I am starting to look more in proportion now than before. I would not do tibias because if your femurs are really short in comparison than it will almost look like you are wearing lifts.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2021, 10:30:47 PM »

My tibias were actually longer than my femurs so I am starting to look more in proportion now than before. I would not do tibias because if your femurs are really short in comparison than it will almost look like you are wearing lifts.

Really? You are 0.0001% of humans
/s

Obligatory "if you did an EOS scan, I would bet my life that your Tibias are not longer than your Femurs"

Doesn't happen in nature.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:16:42 PM by ghkid2021 »
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Apollo676

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2021, 10:55:08 PM »

Hey i think i saw you on livetaller instagram page,well,your legs basically,if it was you then we have similar proportions,my femurs must be like 5-8cm longer than the tibias

Jamesy998

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2021, 02:50:28 AM »

Really? You are 0.0001% of humans
/s

Obligatory "if you did an EOS scan, I would bet my life that your Tibias are not longer than your Femurs"

Doesn't happen in nature.

Not the exact measurement but you know how one looks from the front and the femur appears extremely short compared to the tibia? that was how mine appeared but on a scan yes you are right it most likely was not longer.

Jamesy998

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2021, 02:53:56 AM »

Hey i think i saw you on livetaller instagram page,well,your legs basically,if it was you then we have similar proportions,my femurs must be like 5-8cm longer than the tibias

Im not on the page as far as I remember. But my sitting height is 90cm, my wingspan is 177cm. To be completely honest I wanted this surgery mostly for the proportions. Even now with almost 5cm gained my femurs still look somewhat short which is ideal since I am lengthening a lot in the coming weeks.

Jamesy998

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2021, 03:10:29 AM »

Quick update for anyone that may wonder. I will not give an update for a while as there is nothing much to report, feel free to ask any questions but I will not answer for the next month or so, do not assume I am injured or otherwise in a bad state, it is simply because of the fact that this forum is contagious and the only reason I am writing this diary is for reassurance to that small percentage of decent people that need it. Some of the things I read on this forum is pathetic and gets you worried all for nothing, told my doc about a few examples and he could not hold his laughter.

Apollo676

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2021, 09:03:41 AM »

Totally understand it man,be sure i'm asking all these questions because i'm seriously considering this surgery myself and your doctor got my interest,who knows with better timing we could have met there already but i can't do it for now
The guy i saw on instagram,the picture was all about the legs they said he had short femurs and his starting height 1.64cm they didn't show his face or anything and it was removed actually
Overall we seem to have the same proportions that's impressive,i'm 165cm and 175cm wingspan as well
Anyway we can keep contact and talk from time to time ?

Kal el

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2021, 10:40:35 AM »

Bro check PM..wanna ask u alot of questions.

Jamesy998

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »

Update into the fine details. 11/02/2021

I understand that this is going to be a very long post but I feel like all the future patients out there should know every little detail because I know if you are anything like me, you will want to know every single detail.

Let me begin with flexibility, muscle stretching, ect. When you reach 4cm(and this could be different for everyone but it was the 4cm mark for me) you will feel the tightness in your hamstrings with the main stretching pain coming from underneath the knee itself. This is particularly noticeable when you lay as straight as a plank on the bed.
Second would be near the buttocks area but it is minor compared to the knee area. This nagging pain is only noticeable for me while I do my stretching exercises so it is best to pop a pain killer before stretching, wait for it to kick in and then proceed with your physiotherapy which is what I am doing at the moment. This problem does not occur while I sleep at night mainly because I put 2 thin pieces of clothing underneath my knees (right knee mostly) for support. This escalates my knee by no more than 2cm off the bed. Be careful not to get too used to pillows, ect like some others do because then physio becomes even more painful when the leg is used to being in a bent position so much. Trust me it will benefit you in the long run. This is the advice I receive from former successful LL patients who have done LON femurs.
The stretching determines for me how my body is handling the lengthening. The more i train and the more and intense stretching I do, the pain always decreases further. When I walk with support the only pain I feel is from my right knee side pinsite which i guess is only natural since well its a road in your bloody leg. Other than that I have no pains.
The nerve pain is very rare and happens about 4 times a day lasting no more than a minute at most at this point in time. This has been like this since 3cm.

In total since commencing lengthening I have taken 1 week worth of breaks. 6 of those days as because on two occasions I decided to increase the lengthening to 1.25mm since my bone healing was perfect which was not as comfortable as 1mm, so before going back i decided to give my legs a little break, only seemed logical at the time, on the plus side it reduced the pain significantly.

I hate morning time the most simply because your legs will feel like a wooden plank. The feeling of being very stiff stops you from reaching your full ROM potential in the morning which is not a very motivating start for the day to see that your ROM is not so good at the beginning of the day.

Now here is the situation with walking and mobility. Frederico is also lengthening with us, very mobile and was an inspiration for me before I started because I seen all the guys progress on instagram which made rest me assured a little. Everyone will be able to be mobile, the reason I do not do the same is because I am a very paranoid person in general, and extremely cautious so my mind wont allow it but I can assure you my body and legs are well able.

Onto nutrition, I eat a crap load of dairy and drink 2-2.5 Litres of Kepir (a milk based yogurt drink) every single day. I take the vitamin supplements everyday too which I think I posted a picture about. My breakfast is fresh fruit from the local market. 2 oranges, strawberries, kiwi, banana and apples and of course Pomegranate. Make pomegranate your best friend it is the best source of vitamins you could possibly have. It mainly helps any kind of inflammation you might have, I eat 2 of them per day. Lunch could be anything, I usually make an egg and avocado sandwich. Dinner, pasta, chicken and beans. Once every month I buy pizza but only once a month. As you can see diet wise, it is costing me a good amount of money but at least I am getting all the good stuff in my system which helps the recovery a lot.

I get up 7 times a day for 15 minutes each as walking exercise. If I am going to the park then it is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I train my leg muscles a lot and especially the glutes doing all the bed exercises I was given by my physiotherapist. Walking is vital for the recovery, it is easy to get lazy.

Sleeping which is a big part of getting stronger, especially for the PT is something I think most people struggle with at the very beginning, I did anyway which which made my experience worse especially since I am a side sleeper and I could never sleep on my back. I do not take pain meds before I sleep, I simply do a 10 minute walk around my apartment and put on a movie on the telly as a distraction. I get about 6 hours sleep every night. I sleep at about 3am and wake up 3 hours later due to my leg feeling a little bit numb so I c\kind of do a little stretch here and there in the bed and go back to sleep. 3 more hours after that and I feel refreshed. Pre LL I never liked sleeping past 7 hours anyway so my sleep has improved lately. Hopefully it stays this way.

I will write anything else I can think of but for now I think I got it all down.

Jamesy998

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2021, 03:26:23 PM »

15/02/2021 - I had my X-Rays taken today. Right leg is at 50mm while the left is slightly behind with 48mm which means Im going to have to do about 0.5mm on the right leg and continue with 1mm on the left until it catches up.
All in all my bone healing is perfect and there is not much else to report. Pains here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

My right foot has been getting a little sore lately which is annoying me but all the other patients have them too so nothing major there. I have been doing a little more stretching in the last three days or so because of some extra tightness and the annoying duckass.

https://ibb.co/5F8YgG3

https://ibb.co/DrH6rRy

7cm

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2021, 08:35:30 AM »

Hi James, How often do you have to changed your bandage ? is it every 2 days ? I plan to do the lengthening back in Germany. I was hoping I could bring some medication with me in case of infection. How many infection have you had so far if any?

Jamesy998

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »

Hi James, How often do you have to changed your bandage ? is it every 2 days ? I plan to do the lengthening back in Germany. I was hoping I could bring some medication with me in case of infection. How many infection have you had so far if any?

Every 3 days. I have had one infection so far by the left knee pins which healed up in in a few days. Infection is inevitable with externals to be honest.

Jamesy998

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2021, 10:31:27 AM »

Quick update regarding my goals. I have decided not to pass the 8cm safe limit. I went into this surgery with many ideas and many unrealistic goals. The first initial surgery humbled me and made me realise just how serious this all is. Reason being why doing more than 8cm will bring me no real benefit in terms of height, 1cm does not account to that much but what it will do is possibly bring on more complications and certainly make the recovery a whole lot longer than it needs to be.

Dr Buldu agrees with this. At the consultation back in December he compared it to this analogy.
Take for example at the beginning stages of lengthening, he compared it to a car and said that the difference between say 2 and 3cm was a car going 30-40kph but when you reach 8cm and decide to go for 9, he said it is like going from 200kph to 230kph. I do not need to explain to anyone here as we already know the dangerous limits. 8cm is fine by me and will be removing the frames in a month, and staying in Istanbul for another 5 weeks to get back on my feet a little before travelling back home.

more

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2021, 12:25:34 PM »

15/02/2021 - I had my X-Rays taken today. Right leg is at 50mm while the left is slightly behind with 48mm which means Im going to have to do about 0.5mm on the right leg and continue with 1mm on the left until it catches up.
All in all my bone healing is perfect and there is not much else to report. Pains here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

My right foot has been getting a little sore lately which is annoying me but all the other patients have them too so nothing major there. I have been doing a little more stretching in the last three days or so because of some extra tightness and the annoying duckass.

https://ibb.co/5F8YgG3

https://ibb.co/DrH6rRy
Hi
Regarding x-ray , Your dr is lying , Right leg probably 4 cm and left is 3.5 cm

Jamesy998

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »

I measured myself and I am counting the mm gained for the past 50 days so you might want to get off the hash lad.

Jamesy998

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2021, 12:43:32 PM »

Your approach for nail insertion is time saving for dr. but bad for you

Mate, you think you know better than Dr. Halil? I can give you X2 more successful Buldu patient recoveries than you can from any other doctor who has done LON. Buldu patients, we ALL recover, not one single average case. So kindly, get the fk off my diary.

more

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »

Mate, you think you know better than Dr. Halil? I can give you X2 more successful Buldu patient recoveries than you can from any other doctor who has done LON. Buldu patients, we ALL recover, not one single average case. So kindly, get the fk off my diary.
You are a new version of Meck

Jamesy998

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2021, 12:50:52 PM »

You are a new version of Meck

Meck overdid the lengthening against everyone else's advice. I am doing 8cm which is being done by a large portion of LLers.

Jamesy998

« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2021, 12:53:35 PM »

+90 (54) 5251 7234‬. Anyone else have anything bad to say about my recovery or anything else for that matter, give me a call and don't hide behind a computer screen like a rat fk.

Tartar

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »

Quick update regarding my goals. I have decided not to pass the 8cm safe limit. I went into this surgery with many ideas and many unrealistic goals. The first initial surgery humbled me and made me realise just how serious this all is. Reason being why doing more than 8cm will bring me no real benefit in terms of height, 1cm does not account to that much but what it will do is possibly bring on more complications and certainly make the recovery a whole lot longer than it needs to be.

Dr Buldu agrees with this. At the consultation back in December he compared it to this analogy.
Take for example at the beginning stages of lengthening, he compared it to a car and said that the difference between say 2 and 3cm was a car going 30-40kph but when you reach 8cm and decide to go for 9, he said it is like going from 200kph to 230kph. I do not need to explain to anyone here as we already know the dangerous limits. 8cm is fine by me and will be removing the frames in a month, and staying in Istanbul for another 5 weeks to get back on my feet a little before travelling back home.
That's fine, feel how your body reacts. I'm sure you'll know what is better for you hitting next cms. Every LL is very individual.

Jamesy998

« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2021, 12:56:08 PM »

That's fine, feel how your body reacts. I'm sure you'll know what is better for you hitting next cms. Every LL is very individual.

That was my initial thought. I feel since many get 8cm i could reach it too. Don't mind my overreaction with that More user, its just that nothing shows I am having a bad recovery and then he goes on about a bad nail insertion as well as myself being the next meck, a guy who did 18cm.

more

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2021, 01:03:48 PM »

Meck overdid the lengthening against everyone else's advice. I am doing 8cm which is being done by a large portion of LLers.
You are brainwashed by dr Baldu's  team , God bless you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up