Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femur with Dr. Betz 2018  (Read 31552 times)

Baltigo

• Visitor
Re: Internal femur with Dr. Betz 2018
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2019, 11:19:40 PM »

Awesome bro, you are a true inspiration. please keep the updates coming whenever you feel like you've made some progress, it is very motivating for those of us who are still thinking about LL.

can i ask what is your sitting height and wingspan in cm?

good luck on your recovery man.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »

Amazing. Just read through your diary and your progress and all of the effort you put into this is inspirational. You look great, tall and proportional. Seeing your success puts a huge smile on my face!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

tallertree

« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2019, 08:10:41 AM »

My wingspan is 170cm but my sitting height is short, and thats why im not going for a second surgery.

Baltigo

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »

Thanks for replying, we are almost the same starting height that's why i was interested in your measurements because you look very proportionate, can you please measure your sitting height and update us?

looking at your progress and how things turned out for you makes me really consider  Dr. Betz for femurs, you are a true inspiration.

wangchaoan

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »

Hi, tallertree:
Now it's my 6 months from my surgery. My surgery was at Dec, 13, 2018. Now I can walk normally with some slight swaying. Nobody really notices it anyway. Actually from the beginning of March, I usually walked outside with only one crutch to attend social activities. From the middle of April, I walked completely without crutches. Now I can walk like 1 km without a pause. And I can walk as far as 3 km in 1 hour. There is no any inconvinience for me to do my work as a normal person. My back pain reduces a lot also. My IT band tension is still present, but much better than 2 month ago. No obvious duck ass or wide leg anymore. I have taken my 6 month X-rays some days ago, and the result showed good consolidation. I think the fuss is more than 60% percent. Hopefully I will try some jogging after 8 month.
Good luck to you!

MichaelJose

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »

Wow - you look so tall!! Congrats - can we get a detailed update on how you feel - was it worth it etc?

Hey bud - could we get a detailed update on how you feel - was it worth it etc please?

Tomhard

« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »

Hey tallertree. Would you recommend walking a lot or bicycle a lot during lengthening and consolidation?
walking a lot with crutches or cycle with home bike?

wangchaoan

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2019, 08:35:18 PM »

hi, my mate,
It's 1 year and 3 months for you. When do you plan to take out those nails?

SimonFuller

« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2019, 07:08:23 PM »

Hey bud - can we get an update please?

SimonFuller

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »

Hey bud - can we get an update please?

Hey bud - just checking in - how's things?

tallertree

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »

Latest x-ray from October

Tomhard

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »

Seems like youre fully healed. Congrats bro. When do you plan to take the nails out?

SimonFuller

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Wow - looks great - congratulations bud

inchesmatter

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2019, 10:29:19 AM »

Those bones look incredible. That said, don’t be in a rush to take the nail out. There have been people who break their leg even after nail removal. I’d wait at least two years, maybe three.

tallertree

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »

Thanks. I was in contact with Dr. Betz a few days ago but he didn't mention nail removal so i guess i have to wait a few more months until nail removal is possible.

Since last year i have been walking daily and also working full time and i think that contributed to the good bone healing.

wangchaoan

« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2020, 05:35:17 PM »

hi, tallertree,
Now it's my 1 year and 1 month after surgery. My legs are recovering well. Waiting for your latest news, like x-rays, videos. Thx for sharing, :-)

catcat

• Visitor
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »

how about scars? do they fade well? are they noticeable? thanks.

inchesmatter

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »

At one year one month, are you still recovering?

massco

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2020, 02:02:51 AM »

Hello,

¿Would you mind making any updates? I would love to know your sitting height.

tallertree

« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2020, 11:15:29 AM »

My sitting height is bad. Many people talk about proportions but trust me when i say that noone will notice any of that. HOWEVER, what people might notice is a very short sitting height in comparison to your body height. But even then people will most likely not think about it since everybody is so different. But if there is anything you should consider, its the ratio between sitting height and body height.

The latest news is that im soon going for the nail removal. Date not decided yet, but once i get my new x-ray i will contact Dr. Betz. But it will probably be in 2-3 months from now.

kumbaya

« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2020, 03:46:27 AM »

Hi,

If I get you right, what you mean is nobody will notice you have longer legs, but they will rather notice you have a shorter sitting height?
¿Is this what you mean? I feel most people slouch when sitting so if you keep a good posture it will be good for your back, and it will keep you in line with most people around you even if they have taller sitting heights.

¿ How do you feel about your arms to body ratio?

tallertree

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »

Hi,

If I get you right, what you mean is nobody will notice you have longer legs, but they will rather notice you have a shorter sitting height?
¿Is this what you mean? I feel most people slouch when sitting so if you keep a good posture it will be good for your back, and it will keep you in line with most people around you even if they have taller sitting heights.

¿ How do you feel about your arms to body ratio?
Yes exactly. For example, i have a few friends that are the same height as me(my new height). But when we sit down their sitting height is clearly higher than mine. I know about it and think about it so of course i also notice it. I dont know if they notice it though, but it would not surprise me.

Regarding proportions: I have been in the locker room many times together with other guys and noone has mention anything about my legs despite having barely any cloths on.

My arm to body ratio is very good. I was lucky there. But i think body height to sitting height ratio is more important.

Siegfried

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »

Gotta disagree, but everybody is entitled to his opinion. I for example am the exact Opposite
(Height: 1,67 with Short legs and 1,68 Wingspan). So when i sit down with my average sized German friends (all about 6ft tall) we have the same sitting height. It doesn’t really seem unnatural, since all people vary in torso-legs proportion.
In my opinion, short arm to body ratio seems unnatural and is way more eye-catching - so your all good.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

tallertree

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »

Gotta disagree, but everybody is entitled to his opinion. I for example am the exact Opposite
(Height: 1,67 with Short legs and 1,68 Wingspan). So when i sit down with my average sized German friends (all about 6ft tall) we have the same sitting height. It doesn’t really seem unnatural, since all people vary in torso-legs proportion.
In my opinion, short arm to body ratio seems unnatural and is way more eye-catching - so your all good.
Doing LL is not just about become taller, its also about being perceived as bigger and we sit down probably more than we stand up thus if you have a short sitting height you will be perceived as short/small.

Im pretty sure no one notices that someone has short arms.

Imagine being on a date with a girl and you are taller than her when you stand up but as soon as you sit down she is suddenly taller than you. She will probably notice that, at least unconsciously.

doomsday

« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2020, 05:31:39 PM »

Doing LL is not just about become taller, its also about being perceived as bigger and we sit down probably more than we stand up thus if you have a short sitting height you will be perceived as short/small.

Imagine being on a date with a girl and you are taller than her when you stand up but as soon as you sit down she is suddenly taller than you. She will probably notice that, at least unconsciously.
Did you measure yours sitting height? I know its inconvenient but it might help others to get a point of reference in regards to proportions.

Canon

« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »

I wouldn't care. I am 185 and i never sit straight, so i always look short in a sitting position but when I stand up people look at my height. I never cared about a sitting position.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

Not sure if you mentioned it earlier or not, could you please let me know of your weight(approximately, if you could recall) prior to the surgery? Just curious as I might want to reduce my weight a bit so I too could ditch the crutches after 6 weeks post op without having to worry about the nail bend/break.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Bantem

« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »

Hey did you get your nails removed?

Also how is your running now?

more

« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2021, 06:40:17 PM »

tallertree

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2021, 10:17:14 PM »

I will do a major update in a few months.

As you can see from my x-rays the surgery and bone healing went well. However, that does not mean that 9cm is something i recommend, on the contrary actually.

Yes i have removed my nails. All your questions will be answered on the major update, so just wait.

Highest

« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2021, 01:08:13 AM »

I will do a major update in a few months.

As you can see from my x-rays the surgery and bone healing went well. However, that does not mean that 9cm is something i recommend, on the contrary actually.

Yes i have removed my nails. All your questions will be answered on the major update, so just wait.

How many cm on femur would you recommend then and why?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up