Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening at 180cm  (Read 2498 times)

BeyondAverage

Limb Lengthening at 180cm
« on: September 11, 2022, 10:13:23 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have height dysmorphia and am considering limb lengthening.

I’m roughly 180-181cm tall but when I was younger everyone thought I would grow a lot taller.

I was always the tallest in school and doctors thought I could reach 6’4 but I stopped at 5’11

I’m considering doing 11cm. 6cm on femurs and 5cm on tibias to reach 191cm or 6’3

I believe this is healthy for each segment and shouldn’t cause complications.

Who’s the tallest person to have gotten limb lengthening?

Should I go through with this?

I truly believe it will cure my dysmorphia as I always thought I would grow to be tall.
Starting height: 180cm

Goal height: 191cm

Hatch

Re: Limb Lengthening at 180cm
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 02:34:23 PM »

Just do 6cm femur with reliable doctor. 186-187cm will be totally enough to anyone.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 03:32:01 PM »

6’1 will be a nice height but I feel like it won’t be noticed as being “tall” the same way 6’3 will be.

But I want to do femurs first and heal before I do tibias.

I’ve seen too many scary stories of delayed healing for people who did cross-lengthening or boat segments simultaneously.

So I can see how I feel at 6’1 and then decide.

balme

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 04:41:02 PM »

where do you live? unless you live in denmark or netherlands, you won't get 11cm LL, let's me honest.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:54 PM »

I think some patients from Dr. Betz (Germany) did 11 cm.

Siegfried

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »

Bro, youre 5.11, forget about ll and live your life. Period
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Hatch

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:34:24 PM »

In my opinion Betz is not reliable doctor. In Europe Köhne (Germany) and Giotikas (Greece) are way more better options.

google42

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 06:14:09 PM »

why people around this height would be willing to go through this surgery is beyond me. Complete waste of time, money, and energy. Nowhere in the world you will feel short at 5'11".

Hatch

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 06:25:11 PM »

why people around this height would be willing to go through this surgery is beyond me. Complete waste of time, money, and energy. Nowhere in the world you will feel short at 5'11".

Im 178cm and i dont feel short. But i feel average. And in fact, Im average but still I almost hate it. I simply want to be tall. Its maybe my biggest dream. Probably most men at my height are just fine with their height. But im not. I think it everyday. Many men are shorter than me and height is not problem for them at all. Why? I dont know.

I been trying find cure. And the cure for me is simply do ll surgery.

So please lets not judge each other. If someone want to be longer, bigger or even different sxx, it's not off from anyone.

LLprime3

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 07:13:55 PM »

Im 178cm and i dont feel short. But i feel average. And in fact, Im average but still I almost hate it. I simply want to be tall. Its maybe my biggest dream. Probably most men at my height are just fine with their height. But im not. I think it everyday. Many men are shorter than me and height is not problem for them at all. Why? I dont know.

So please lets not judge each other. If someone want to be longer, bigger or even different sxx, it's not off from anyone.

Seeing people ask strangers for advice regarding such tremendous life decisions, the mind is not at the right place.
The real question should not be "should I do it", but rather "what can I expect", "what do you think about my proportions" and such.

It does not come across very manly or decisive. Your mindset is average, that is why you are average. It's not your height.
Your character development has more upside potential than your body.

Maybe you lack physical appearance, I don't know. But someone with a well trained body would not ask childish questions such as "Who’s the tallest person to have gotten limb lengthening?" and not even knowing if you should do it.

Do you need compliments to overcompensate for your frail ego after LL?

Sambollio

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 08:01:01 PM »

Seeing people ask strangers for advice regarding such tremendous life decisions, the mind is not at the right place.
The real question should not be "should I do it", but rather "what can I expect", "what do you think about my proportions" and such.

It does not come across very manly or decisive. Your mindset is average, that is why you are average. It's not your height.

Maybe you lack physical appearance, I don't know. But someone with a well trained body would not ask childish questions such as "Who’s the tallest person to have gotten limb lengthening?" and not even knowing if you should do it.

Damn this is the post of someone who needs to take a break from the forum and touch grass. “Should I do it” is a totally valid question especially for people who are new to the forum. The guy has 2 prior posts and probably doesn’t know where to start which is the whole purpose of the forum. For a lot of people they don’t have anyone but strangers to talk to about this given the nature of the surgery.

“ it does not come across as manly or decisive”. The vast majority of humans alive would say a man who wants to do this surgery isn’t manly. Decisive? Being overly decisive on such a massive undertaking should wait until you have learned extensively about the surgery, OP is obviously in the beginning stages of learning and being decisive would be idiotic.

His mindset is average? Are you role playing as Sherlock Holmes? There isn’t nearly enough info here for you to say that. There are tons of factors including mindset that go into being below, above, or simply at average.

A well trained body = not asking the tallest person to get the surgery? This just sounds schizophrenic. The logic doesn’t follow at all. It’s also not a childish question, it’s just an interesting one.

Why do you assume he wants compliments or that he has a frail ego? Everyone has something they want to change and height dysphoria can be crippling. Just because he’s at a height that most people on here would love to have, there are many reasons one can develop dysphoria. Me, as an example, am average height but had abusive parents and a much taller sociopathic older brother all who always demeaned me for my height while praising my older brother. I was also way below average height until senior of high school so this feeling inadequate based on height is deeply ingrained.

I’d bet my life that you are just bitter that this guy wants to reach a height you will never be and maybe already is at that. Your entire post is just projecting, you are the one who lacks masculinity, who has a frail ego, and who is mentally underdeveloped.

Sambollio

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 08:03:39 PM »

Hey beyondaverage, unfortunately for people your height it will be very hard to get good advice on this forum. There are a lot of cool people but also a lot of bitter angry ones who will be jealous of you. Feel free to message me if you want.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 08:29:30 PM »

where do you live? unless you live in denmark or netherlands, you won't get 11cm LL, let's me honest.

I thought 11cm was possible with LL as long as you lengthen both femurs and tibias and not just 1 segment?

Is this considered ill-advised? Does it lead to greater risks?

BeyondAverage

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 08:31:01 PM »

In my opinion Betz is not reliable doctor. In Europe Köhne (Germany) and Giotikas (Greece) are way more better options.

Thank you for the information Hatch. I only just learnt about LL a week ago.

Who are you considering for your surgery? Or have you already completed?

BeyondAverage

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 08:34:51 PM »

For me between about 10 years old and 16 my identity was tall. All my photos at these ages I’m the tallest of all my friends.

Then I stopped growing and some reached my height and 1 or 2 overtook me. Now I’m around the height of all my close friends and jealous of those that overtook me by a couple of inches.

I want to be known as the tall guy again.

I hope you achieve your dream king.

What phase are you at for your plans to do this surgery?

BeyondAverage

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 08:39:58 PM »

Why is it wrong to ask people for advice?

Everyone here is the expert and I know nothing.

There are people on this forum who have researched everything or even undertaken the surgery.

If they grant me some time, I’d love to learn from them and make the most informed decision possible.

I feel that asking if someone else around my height has completed the surgery is a valid question? They would be a good person to talk to if they’re available.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 08:51:08 PM »

Hey beyondaverage, unfortunately for people your height it will be very hard to get good advice on this forum. There are a lot of cool people but also a lot of bitter angry ones who will be jealous of you. Feel free to message me if you want.

Thank you Sambolio

https://youtu.be/AomPemsgjmg

I only came across this Vice Asia documentary on Limb Lengthening a week ago and was completed stunned that this is possible.

I believed my height was set in stone and that’s it.

And this forum is even newer to me.

I’d love to message you as I learn more and could use an opinion.

Sorry to hear about your parents and brother, and I hope you successfully complete this surgery and heal from the trauma.

I didn’t come across abuse, but the way I was treated when I was the tallest to just being average now, the difference is night and day.

When I was tall I was naturally the leader of everything, everyone always complimented me, and people were just naturally nicer.

I wasn’t treated badly when everyone caught up or got close to it, and I just blended into the crowd, but I do miss being the tall one.

I want to improve everything about myself I can. I have a great job now and a mortgage on a nice home. I’m not buff but I’m fit and jog 20km’s a day.

I see height as the thing that I can improve that will give me the most benefit at this point in my life.

informationispower

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 09:18:39 PM »

The "bitter short guys who are jealous of your height" and went forward with the surgery are actually the only normal people here. Of course, listen to guys who are average height or even above and struggle with women.. They sure know what's best.

You are 180cm. You are not short, realistically speaking, and knowing if this surgery is worth for you is something only you can answer. But don't listen to the average height lunatics around here who usually 95% of the time don't ever go forward and do the surgery and just stick around endlessly fantasizing about how 1-2 inches will magically turn them from basement dwellers into chick magnets.

Only average height or above people I know are a few and there is someone called optimus on cyborg4life channel that did an interview recently. But also in his case, he was a 175cm man with a weight of 245 pounds (which is atleast 110kg I think). Instead of just dieting and stop being extremely fat he went on the broke his legs

Hatch

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »

I want to be known as the tall guy again.

What phase are you at for your plans to do this surgery?

There is nothing wrong about want to be tall. But please remember that this surgery has risks. One Giotikas patient died about year ago. So 2 surgeries means 2 x more risks.

Please read patients experiences so you get realistic picture of this process.

Im planning to do surgery at next year. Max 5cm femur is fine for me.

At least Giotikas has already operated patients near 180cm so nothing special about that. But probably you would be one his tallest patients.

Hatch

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2022, 09:34:26 PM »

google42

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 09:58:32 PM »

I know being seen as the “tall guy” might have made you get treated better in some ways but I don’t think going to around average height made your life as bad as you think. I think attributing your height to everything is not good, but I don’t know everything about your life and the mindset you have. You seem like you have other parts of your life in order which is good and that’s a great starting point. Ultimately the decision is yours to go through with a surgery like this but I personally don’t think it will make a big Difference.

Just some anecdotal experience from me: I have some friends who range from 5’10” -6’2/6’3” and the difference is not that big to me or others. There is also a co worker I have who is not even 6 feet, he’s 5’10” or 5’11” at most and my other coworkers referred to him as the “tall guy”. Keep in mind this is in Canada though.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2022, 10:37:22 PM »

The "bitter short guys who are jealous of your height" and went forward with the surgery are actually the only normal people here. Of course, listen to guys who are average height or even above and struggle with women.. They sure know what's best.

You are 180cm. You are not short, realistically speaking, and knowing if this surgery is worth for you is something only you can answer. But don't listen to the average height lunatics around here who usually 95% of the time don't ever go forward and do the surgery and just stick around endlessly fantasizing about how 1-2 inches will magically turn them from basement dwellers into chick magnets.

Only average height or above people I know are a few and there is someone called optimus on cyborg4life channel that did an interview recently. But also in his case, he was a 175cm man with a weight of 245 pounds (which is atleast 110kg I think). Instead of just dieting and stop being extremely fat he went on the broke his legs

Hi informationispower,

I’m not negative to anyone. Everyone on this forum knows more than me at this point and I’d love to hear all opinions and advice.

We’re all here with the same goal of getting taller and a part of the same community.

Thank you for telling me about the Cyborg4Life channel, I will be going through his videos.

Are there any other channels or sites or podcasts I should watch, read or listen to?

BeyondAverage

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 10:46:04 PM »

I know being seen as the “tall guy” might have made you get treated better in some ways but I don’t think going to around average height made your life as bad as you think. I think attributing your height to everything is not good, but I don’t know everything about your life and the mindset you have. You seem like you have other parts of your life in order which is good and that’s a great starting point. Ultimately the decision is yours to go through with a surgery like this but I personally don’t think it will make a big Difference.

Just some anecdotal experience from me: I have some friends who range from 5’10” -6’2/6’3” and the difference is not that big to me or others. There is also a co worker I have who is not even 6 feet, he’s 5’10” or 5’11” at most and my other coworkers referred to him as the “tall guy”. Keep in mind this is in Canada though.

This surgery is definitely drastic. With the risks, and investment of time and money required, I don’t see it ever becoming mainstream. Orthopaedics is definitely not like plastic surgery, even though this is a cosmetic procedure for us, where you can walk out with the results, pun intended on “walking out”.

I am trying to weigh if personally the rewards are worth the year commit given I want to do two segments if I go through with this. I just don’t see what else to improve at this point, and I want to love the best life I possibly can.bAnd I’m not afraid of doing drastic things.

I’m Australian and the average height here is around 178cm. I think we are the same?

It’s an interesting anecdote thank you. The only times I’m called tall is if I’m with my female colleagues and they say “you’re tall can you grab this for me”. Definitely not around guys.

motoboarder

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 10:50:28 PM »

My advice:

* If you're moderately competitive at sports, I recommend against this surgery. A fit 5'9" and above guy is way more attractive than a 6' skinny fragile dude. Let alone you're 5'11.

* If your height dysphoria is real AND you live in those well known tallest EU countries, I recommend <= 5cm femurs and <= 4cm tibias. From your original height you should not need more than this gain limit. This was what I did and at my much shorter height, I feel comfortable now after LL (nails still in my legs). So at your height proportionally it should feel like a minor impact to your body/stamina/etc - you get the point.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

BeyondAverage

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 10:58:04 PM »

My advice:

* If you're moderately competitive at sports, I recommend against this surgery. A fit 5'9" and above guy is way more attractive than a 6' skinny fragile dude. Let alone you're 5'11.

* If your height dysphoria is real AND you live in those well known tallest EU countries, I recommend <= 5cm femurs and <= 4cm tibias. From your original height you should not need more than this gain limit. This was what I did and at my much shorter height, I feel comfortable now after LL (nails still in my legs). So at your height proportionally it should feel like a minor impact to your body/stamina/etc - you get the point.

I play volleyball competitively twice a week and basketball regularly with friends.

Is a full recovery possible if I don’t go past 15% per segment?

Sport is a huge part of my life and I also meet up with my girlfriend most mornings for jogging. I want to be able to keep doing this post surgery.

I do feel like my height betrayed me when doctors and everyone told me I’d be taller than I reached. I genuinely feel like the body I’m in isn’t the height of the body I should be in.

I live in Australia. The average height here is around 178cm

If I do your Lower recommendations per segment will the recovery be 100%?

motoboarder

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2022, 11:10:09 PM »

Ultimately, just want to share my personal sentiment: I'm barely 5'8 now AFTER LL and I feel TALL everyday going out, to restaurants, groceries, parks, etc. Guys, You have so so many aspects that make up you: a good height, make yourself good looking, stay fit, hit the gym, grow clean hair, trim a good bear, be modest, talk slowly and grammatically correct like a gentleman, etc. Zillions of things, height is just one.

Don't blame on your height for everything. Do best at your other aspects before addressing your height dysphoria and considering LL. Like many experienced LLers on this forum already pointed out, it's a very drastic experience not for the faint of heart or the shallow of mind. Personally, my subconscious took me to LL research around 2018. I finally did it in 2022. It's a 4y self assessment.
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

motoboarder

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2022, 11:16:00 PM »

I play volleyball competitively twice a week and basketball regularly with friends.

Is a full recovery possible if I don’t go past 15% per segment?

... meet up with my girlfriend most mornings for jogging. I want to be able to keep doing this post surgery.

If I do your Lower recommendations per segment will the recovery be 100%?

Basketball is definitely a concern. Your knee strength will decline certain degrees no matter how much you lengthen.. I think, at least beyond 3cm any segment -as a personal gauge. The side to side movement in basketball is extreme on the knees. If I were you I'd consider skipping this surgery.

Jogging is fine for the lower limit I recommend. You should do fine on this aspect post LL.

From my personal experience of what I feel now + countless of prior LLers' diaries I have digested, NO ONE ever recovered 100% after LL. You have to accept the reality of some declines in your body fitness.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2022, 11:18:04 PM »

Ultimately, just want to share my personal sentiment: I'm barely 5'8 now AFTER LL and I feel TALL everyday going out, to restaurants, groceries, parks, etc. Guys, You have so so many aspects that make up you: a good height, make yourself good looking, stay fit, hit the gym, grow clean hair, trim a good bear, be modest, talk slowly and grammatically correct like a gentleman, etc. Zillions of things, height is just one.

Don't blame on your height for everything. Do best at your other aspects before addressing your height dysphoria and considering LL. Like many experienced LLers on this forum already pointed out, it's a very drastic experience not for the faint of heart or the shallow of mind. Personally, my subconscious took me to LL research around 2018. I finally did it in 2022. It's a 4y self assessment.

May I ask which country you’re living in? Feel free to reject if it’s personal information you don’t wish to share.

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Is your mobility and athleticism the same as pre LL?

I agree there’s a lot we can improve upon. I have a career, home, girlfriend, happy social life. I don’t know what else to work on besides LL to make my circumstances better. But if I can walk out in public tall instead of average I think that will be a nice improvement.

But there is a big risk I’m worried about. I haven’t told my girlfriend about these plans yet. I don’t know if her opinion of me will change. I don’t want to ruin a part of my life to improve another.

informationispower

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2022, 11:18:38 PM »

You did mention that where you are from, 5'8 is considered tall though. Or are you kiving in the west?

motoboarder

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2022, 11:20:04 PM »

You did mention that where you are from, 5'8 is considered tall though. Or are you kiving in the west?

Haha nice catch. I live in the US permanently now. So yes, I do personally feel tall - for me - in the US. No one here would say I'm tall for sure. But what's more important is that I'm fulfilled with myself. This is the true goal that I think any LLers should aim to reach if you undergo this very brutal process.

informationispower

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2022, 11:22:04 PM »

Haha nice catch. I live in the US permanently now. So yes, I do personally feel tall - for me - in the US.

It's a small but important detail afterall ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up