Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The way to counter short height.  (Read 2949 times)

Jake24

The way to counter short height.
« on: September 23, 2022, 06:04:09 PM »

Hi guys, Ive been researching about LL for about a year now and for the past few years I have been really wanting to get taller badly. However, these few months I've gotten to know many people around the mid 20's-30's. Iam currently 18 and I can say the best way to counter short height is by being way more successful than the people that are way taller than you. If you become confident, succesful, rich and youre full of charisma and decent looking, Height is not a big problem at all. I know many tall and good looking guys that aernt succesful and in fact poor. Of course this depends on what country youre in and the average height, But in my country, It is ok to be short. (not really) Control the things that you can control and be better than the taller people at it. Work on being more succesful than them instead of being depressed everyday about your height. Girls in their early / mid 20's that have started to work will realize height isn't as important and that they would rather have a partner they can depend on and live their life with. I guarantee you most girls that have started to work full time would choose someone that is short in height but richer, more succesful, better personality, etc etc over someone that is just tall and good looking. They would be attracted to your confidence 100%. Work on having the presence of being the tallest (not physically) in the room. Feel free to discuss in the comments below :)

EndGame

Re: The way to counter short height.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 07:26:06 PM »

google42

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:37:47 PM »

Hi guys, Ive been researching about LL for about a year now and for the past few years I have been really wanting to get taller badly. However, these few months I've gotten to know many people around the mid 20's-30's. Iam currently 18 and I can say the best way to counter short height is by being way more successful than the people that are way taller than you. If you become confident, succesful, rich and youre full of charisma and decent looking, Height is not a big problem at all. I know many tall and good looking guys that aernt succesful and in fact poor. Of course this depends on what country youre in and the average height, But in my country, It is ok to be short. (not really) Control the things that you can control and be better than the taller people at it. Work on being more succesful than them instead of being depressed everyday about your height. Girls in their early / mid 20's that have started to work will realize height isn't as important and that they would rather have a partner they can depend on and live their life with. I guarantee you most girls that have started to work full time would choose someone that is short in height but richer, more succesful, better personality, etc etc over someone that is just tall and good looking. They would be attracted to your confidence 100%. Work on having the presence of being the tallest (not physically) in the room. Feel free to discuss in the comments below :)

This isn’t new, most people know that there are other areas in life they can improve in and many of them do and end up with a decent life, good girlfriend, etc. sometimes through some life experiences people end up thinking about height too much and it can become an obessession ( I’ve been through this). There are people who do lengthening even after being successful in other aspects of life but they still have their height that’s always with them which they dislike. Doingitforme was one of those guys and you’ll see some other people in similar positions if you look around on the forum.

You’re 18 so your still pretty young, I hope you don’t have negative experiences related to your height and not obsess over it.

motoboarder

Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

Sambollio

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 09:25:14 PM »

Speaking anecdotally I disagree somewhat. In this response I’m assuming these males are in the US (because that’s what I know), decent looking but not hot, they have good hygiene, dress well, workout etc. but they aren’t super gifted in the face department, just average or slightly above. Also, like you said, this applies to men in their mid 20’s to mid 30’s. I think this age range is important because most people will be out of school, brains fully developed, in the “real world” and looking for a life partner. I’m going to compare how much success/money you need at various heights to have equivalent sized dating pools.

That being established this is what I’ve observed, the shorter you are the success required to balance that out will go up exponentially. For example a 5’9” male making low 6 figures and with decent looks is going to have a large dating pool. But once you get into the “short” category (about 5’6”) to be as attractive as that 5’9” low six figure income male you have to make a lot more, more than double for sure. Status is probably a more accurate variable than money though even though the two almost always go hand in hand. So I’d say if the 5’9” male is a computer programmer with a bachelors degree, then to be equally attractive the 5’6” male has to something like a surgeon. Once you are in the “very short” category (5’3”ish) that becomes extremely difficult to overcome. At that point you are looking at being a B list celebrity or a CEO of a decent sized corporation. I also think once you are that short, the label will never leave you. I know it’s harsh but at that height the way people see you will always be mired by your height. Going below that into the barely or even below 5 foot range I don’t think is possible to overcome. Of course keep in mind that there will always be exceptions but I’m talking equivalent dating pools.

The flip side is being above average height (5’11” to 6’) allows you to work a lower status job like being a teacher or a family therapist to be equivalent to the shorter more successful heights. Going even taller to what most people would consider ideal, the standard “tall” height range (6’1”to 6’3”) I think the equivalent status would be trades, like being a real estate agent or a welder. I don’t think you get much benefit that I’m aware of for being taller than that, the very tall category (6’4” and up) seems to have diminishing returns and actually might not increase attractiveness.

Anyways those are my thoughts and would like to hear anyone elses. I’m not trying to doomer pull anyone, this is just what I’ve observed and could totally be proven wrong. To close out, here are some, mostly anecdotal/ case studies that have influenced my opinions.

Case study on what men women would chose based on height and jobs:

Sketchy data on how much money you need to make based on height:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPillScience/comments/ac29zz/dating_heightincome_trade_off_for_men_and_women/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

An actual good study showing that the minimum height women would date is 5’9 and ideally men are 8 inches taller than the woman:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0191886913000020

informationispower

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 09:57:21 PM »

Speaking anecdotally I disagree somewhat. In this response I’m assuming these males are in the US (because that’s what I know), decent looking but not hot, they have good hygiene, dress well, workout etc. but they aren’t super gifted in the face department, just average or slightly above. Also, like you said, this applies to men in their mid 20’s to mid 30’s. I think this age range is important because most people will be out of school, brains fully developed, in the “real world” and looking for a life partner. I’m going to compare how much success/money you need at various heights to have equivalent sized dating pools.

That being established this is what I’ve observed, the shorter you are the success required to balance that out will go up exponentially. For example a 5’9” male making low 6 figures and with decent looks is going to have a large dating pool. But once you get into the “short” category (about 5’6”) to be as attractive as that 5’9” low six figure income male you have to make a lot more, more than double for sure. Status is probably a more accurate variable than money though even though the two almost always go hand in hand. So I’d say if the 5’9” male is a computer programmer with a bachelors degree, then to be equally attractive the 5’6” male has to something like a surgeon. Once you are in the “very short” category (5’3”ish) that becomes extremely difficult to overcome. At that point you are looking at being a B list celebrity or a CEO of a decent sized corporation. I also think once you are that short, the label will never leave you. I know it’s harsh but at that height the way people see you will always be mired by your height. Going below that into the barely or even below 5 foot range I don’t think is possible to overcome. Of course keep in mind that there will always be exceptions but I’m talking equivalent dating pools.

The flip side is being above average height (5’11” to 6’) allows you to work a lower status job like being a teacher or a family therapist to be equivalent to the shorter more successful heights. Going even taller to what most people would consider ideal, the standard “tall” height range (6’1”to 6’3”) I think the equivalent status would be trades, like being a real estate agent or a welder. I don’t think you get much benefit that I’m aware of for being taller than that, the very tall category (6’4” and up) seems to have diminishing returns and actually might not increase attractiveness.

Anyways those are my thoughts and would like to hear anyone elses. I’m not trying to doomer pull anyone, this is just what I’ve observed and could totally be proven wrong. To close out, here are some, mostly anecdotal/ case studies that have influenced my opinions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPillScience/comments/ac29zz/dating_heightincome_trade_off_for_men_and_women/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

An actual good study showing that the minimum height women would date is 5’9 and ideally men are 8 inches taller than the woman:

The 5'9 refers to most women. The graph based on this study shows that at 5'9 something about 65% would consider dating you (aka you are judged by other characteristics and not disqualified by your height). This is why I dont understand people here who struggle at 5'8 and above... even according to the most blackpilled study, at 5'8+ at least for 50% of women, your height is fine (maybe not ideal, but fine). This is why also the best risk/benefit ratio for getting this surgery is at the heights of 5'5-5'8 as with 2-3 inches you get to a height where most women wont automatically reject you

shortisnotfun

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 10:15:33 PM »

You don't understand. I am 5'2.5. I can literally be the CEO of Toontown and still I will be judged on my height. This personality, success, riches works only in the movies.

Keep in mind I was also 22 and invested in stocks. I made 6 figures in 5 minutes. I am studying an advanced degree. I have more in my bank account than others my age. I have absolutely no debt at all. Yet, women are repulsed by me. Other men do not respect me at all.

HEIGHT MATTERS
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

google42

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 10:26:33 PM »

You don't understand. I am 5'2.5. I can literally be the CEO of Toontown and still I will be judged on my height. This personality, success, riches works only in the movies.

Keep in mind I was also 22 and invested in stocks. I made 6 figures in 5 minutes. I am studying an advanced degree. I have more in my bank account than others my age. I have absolutely no debt at all. Yet, women are repulsed by me. Other men do not respect me at all.

HEIGHT MATTERS
I think everyone can agree height matters and at your height doing LL would make total sense. You seem like you have the money to do the surgery, is there anything holding you back from doing it?

I can't fulling remember the guys name i think it was infinitestryde or something like that, he was around the same height as you and did LL but he seemed like he did good in life. 

shortisnotfun

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 11:01:54 PM »

I think everyone can agree height matters and at your height doing LL would make total sense. You seem like you have the money to do the surgery, is there anything holding you back from doing it?

I can't fulling remember the guys name i think it was infinitestryde or something like that, he was around the same height as you and did LL but he seemed like he did good in life.

Yes, the plan is to do it in December of this year. Can you post his experience?

I cannot wait to get rid of this height neurosis. It's destroyed my life.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

google42

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 11:07:49 PM »

Yes, the plan is to do it in December of this year. Can you post his experience?

I cannot wait to get rid of this height neurosis. It's destroyed my life.
Here is the link to his profile, I got the name wrong.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5964

Sambollio

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2022, 09:36:22 PM »

The 5'9 refers to most women. The graph based on this study shows that at 5'9 something about 65% would consider dating you (aka you are judged by other characteristics and not disqualified by your height). This is why I dont understand people here who struggle at 5'8 and above... even according to the most blackpilled study, at 5'8+ at least for 50% of women, your height is fine (maybe not ideal, but fine). This is why also the best risk/benefit ratio for getting this surgery is at the heights of 5'5-5'8 as with 2-3 inches you get to a height where most women wont automatically reject you

The problem is 65% would consider you just based on height. You also need a good job, attractive face and physique, and personality. That’s why the 80, 20 rule exists.

informationispower

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2022, 10:37:20 PM »

The problem is 65% would consider you just based on height. You also need a good job, attractive face and physique, and personality. That’s why the 80, 20 rule exists.

I know. But being even more tall wont help anymore. Height is an entrance ticket into the game

google42

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 02:42:49 AM »

I know. But being even more tall wont help anymore. Height is an entrance ticket into the game

I agree with this, height gets your foot in the door and is one of the things people initially judge you on. I see some of my friends who are average height or tall and picture them if they magically got 3  inches taller and pretty much nothing would change about them. They might get treated better in certain situation but even that is not a guarantee.

AllinStryde

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 05:04:41 PM »

Sambollio, you can be over 6'0 and unemployed as far as women are concerned.  It's height first, and then everything else after that.  The video you posted proves it.

TheDream

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 05:16:02 PM »

I dont know about you guys but I’d like to just be loved and respected without having to become a trillionaire driving a sports car.

I just want to be at peace being myself. And if I pursue a career it will be due to interest in said field not to try and “compensate” because I am not good enough the way I am physically.

I think a lot of guys here are hoping to escape that nightmare through LL as well. Just being able to stand with your shoes off with friends, girls and family a friday evening in an apartment having fun, and not feeling anxiety and subpar due to your lack of height while standing next to others.

Sambollio

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2022, 08:12:28 PM »

I don’t believe that you believe this. Let’s say a woman’s bare minimum to get your foot in the door to date her is 5’9”. You are telling me that being 6’2” won’t substantially increase her attraction? If you believe that it’s cope.

Sambollio

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2022, 08:18:00 PM »

Sambollio, you can be over 6'0 and unemployed as far as women are concerned.  It's height first, and then everything else after that.  The video you posted proves it.

No, this is just wrong. Status is immensely important to woman aswell as “being provided for/taken care of”. Height is very important but woman have a huge emphasis on what I said earlier aswell. Also the video doesn’t prove that, it just proves that extremely short men need to compensate a lot. I’m too lazy to go digging around and post anything, but I encourage you to challenge your ideas. Lookup “how willing are woman to date unemployed men” or “how status effects womens attraction to men” etc.

google42

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »

I don’t believe that you believe this. Let’s say a woman’s bare minimum to get your foot in the door to date her is 5’9”. You are telling me that being 6’2” won’t substantially increase her attraction? If you believe that it’s cope.

A lot of women just want a man who’s taller than them. Being at least a few inches taller is best but not every women wants someone who towers over them. The majority of couples I see in public and the ones I know ( friends and family) the guy doesn’t tower over the girl, he will either be a bit taller or a few inches. And There are a few couples where the height is almost the same, but statistically that will not be as common as men on average are taller than women.

Online dating is a different story as so many people inflate heights, have inaccurate heights of other people, and are overall terrible at guessing height in real life. In real life 5’9” and above will usually never have problems with their height unless you got some height queen or a taller women who wants someone taller.

Edit: I’m speaking from someone who’s in Canada. USA is probably the same, not that different from Canada.

informationispower

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 08:55:42 PM »

I do believe actually. For a woman (and for a man) you need to be above the minimum threshold of her personal attraction, afterwards, everything else is just a bonus. If for a woman 5'9 is enough than being 6'2 wont have such an impact as being atleast 5'9.

KingsRule

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 11:11:07 PM »

I do believe actually. For a woman (and for a man) you need to be above the minimum threshold of her personal attraction, afterwards, everything else is just a bonus. If for a woman 5'9 is enough than being 6'2 wont have such an impact as being atleast 5'9.
You’re greatly mistaken here. If the two men are similar in all regards except the height that 5 inches will be a huge determining factor. Women have so many options now that’s why they are able to slightly change their standards when choosing between two potential partners
5’5 to 5’8
Short to slightly short
LON Femurs Halil Buldu ‘22
Would do again not nearly as bad as being short

KingsRule

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 11:13:25 PM »

This video was absolutely brutal I remember watching it a few months prior to actually getting the surgery. It’s so demeaning when you realize how much less “valued” you are compared to someone who is tall. For example when they start adding the occupations and salaries they are pretty much saying your value is this much less than another man. How those men must’ve felt is beyond me.
5’5 to 5’8
Short to slightly short
LON Femurs Halil Buldu ‘22
Would do again not nearly as bad as being short

Kangaroo

• Visitor
  • Don't make logic fallacies!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 11:36:28 PM »

After I got cheated by my ex, in addition to having known other way more imporant things, I ripped off my obsessions over height, face and other similar shiesses, and gave up a crep ton of expectations to relationship.
I saved my data on both the domestic two hottest social medias, two hottest social platforms, one social platform for bad girls, one website operating for photos, articles, etc., as well as two studying platforms that I am using in my college, and Google Drive, as well as Wordpress.

junior006

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2022, 09:31:58 AM »

If you're specifically concerned about women, physical attractiveness is a priority. Girls will f*** a handsome and tall guy, even if he's an unlikeable broke druggie. That's just the way it goes and we all know it.

Hobbit

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2022, 06:31:20 PM »

Nah dude. A poor 6’0+ guy will still bag a lot of girls.

Hobbit

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2022, 06:40:35 PM »

True.

Body Builder

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2022, 10:59:36 PM »

From my experience, only big muscles can make a short man appear manly enough. And even them can't help with women if you are shorter that 5.5-5.6. If.you are more than 5.7 but still not tall enough (less than 5.10-11) then muscles help a lot. More women would think you as big (for many of them being big or tall is about the same but at 5.4 you can't look big even if you are very muscular) and men will respect you much more.

Nothing else I believe can counter a good height for a man. Even muscles are hard to gain and keep while a good height will always stay there without any effort and is a major advantage especially for women.
But it is what it is and we must accept the reality and of course do the best we can to be our best version.

Money are very important to get women but still noone will be physically attracted to you only because you have money. And I am talking about physical attraction here. I would never want a woman to be with me only for my money. I always wanted to attract women with my appearance and my character. And in physicall attraction being dominant is the best way for women to be attracted to you. And the best way is to be "big" compared to her. And especially if your height is not enough, the best you can do is what I mentioned.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 11:53:48 PM by Body Builder »

TheDream

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2022, 11:04:25 PM »

From my experience, only big muscles can make a short man appear manly enough. And even them can help with women if you are shorter that 5.5-5.6. If.you are more than 5.7 but still not tall enough (less than 5.10-11) then muscles help a lot. More women would think you as big (for many of them being big or tall is about the same but at 5.4 you can't look big even if you are very muscular) and men will respect you much more.

Nothing else I believe can counter a good height for a man. Even muscles are hard to gain and keep while a good height will always stay there without any effort and is a major advantage especially for women.
But it is what it is and we must accept the reality and of course do the best we can to be our best version.

How are your legs doing BB

Ballerman

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2022, 11:06:41 PM »

A tall, gangster will attract women and eventually have an accidential child with her.
At this point tho, the woman screwed up her life

Body Builder

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2022, 11:25:28 PM »

How are your legs doing BB
After the last surgery I had about 4 years ago to shorten my achilles tendons that was messed up from my first doctor with achilles lengthening, I am better than ever.

TheDream

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2022, 03:32:38 AM »

After the last surgery I had about 4 years ago to shorten my achilles tendons that was messed up from my first doctor with achilles lengthening, I am better than ever.

Glad to hear it.
How are your views on tibia lengthening in general? Do you think it’s possible to maintain ~90% of athletic ability if one goes for 3 cm to not strain the ACL too much?

Body Builder

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »

Glad to hear it.
How are your views on tibia lengthening in general? Do you think it’s possible to maintain ~90% of athletic ability if one goes for 3 cm to not strain the ACL too much?
I am totally against on doing something so invasive, risky and expensive for only 3cm. The minimum I believe that LL is worth are 5cm.
That said, id everything goes fine I find no reason to not reach 90% with lengthening only 3cm. Even with 5cm I believe you could be near there if you have a successful result.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up