Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 240794 times)

EndGame

Hi PD, I'm a pretty new user, and this is my first post.  I've read a lot, much as a guest before even joining.  I've read your entire diary.  It was very helpful to me, and I wanted to say thanks for doing it!  Feels like you might be done with posting in your diary, but if you would update us about your continued recovery that'd be great.  Also, i had a question, could you try to describe or quantify in some way the amount of swelling which occurred with the original procedure when the precice rods were inserted?  and how long does the swelling last before legs go back to normal pre-op size?  Hope you are continuing to recover and improve back to normal or nearly normal.

programdude

So in general I am doing well, and my leg that was fractured feels great, but now my non fractured leg has continuously felt sore on the side.

My paranoia from my left leg breaking has gotten to me, so I'll probably get it scanned. Its felt sore for a LONG time now though, as in months so I am guessing its not something serious, seeing as it basically as remained the same. One thought I've had is perhaps there was slight shortening on the left leg, which has been causing more pressure on the longer right leg? But i've got nothing to substantiate that or any other theory.

It isn't the constant or radiating pain accompanied by lots of cracks with movements I got from my left leg so thats certainly encouraging at least.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

willsa

Nice, glad to hear things with the fractured leg are going well. Any comments on how your new height has impacted you? Any stories or experiences would help.

programdude

Sure. Again I am always somewhat reserved about sharing my experiences- Because they are VERY positive and I don't like the idea of making people feel worse or even more compelled towards this risky surgery.

Most importantly- I never even think about being short. If someone is taller, even a lot taller than me, it doesn't affect me at all. Everything feels "right".

Lots of girls have commented on it. Just the other night one said "you're, like, specifically tall". Despite not being 6 1, most people assume I'm around that.

Just in general respect has been amplified during any social interaction. Not that I did poorly in this regard before, but now theres no weakness.

And just overall my confidence and happiness with my proportions are on point.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

TIBIKE200

Sure. Again I am always somewhat reserved about sharing my experiences- Because they are VERY positive and I don't like the idea of making people feel worse or even more compelled towards this risky surgery.

Most importantly- I never even think about being short. If someone is taller, even a lot taller than me, it doesn't affect me at all. Everything feels "right".

Lots of girls have commented on it. Just the other night one said "you're, like, specifically tall". Despite not being 6 1, most people assume I'm around that.

Just in general respect has been amplified during any social interaction. Not that I did poorly in this regard before, but now theres no weakness.

And just overall my confidence and happiness with my proportions are on point.

In Paley's office you were measured "just shy of 5'8" if I remember correctly.. That sould put you at 172+/-.. Means that now you are 180cm?
I learned some stuff during this time

programdude

I should be just about 5 11 in actuality.

Also here are my femurs as of today:
http://i.imgur.com/a0Vup32.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5cSJzmd.jpg

DoingItForMe

I should be just about 5 11 in actuality.

Also here are my femurs as of today:
http://i.imgur.com/a0Vup32.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5cSJzmd.jpg
Thanks for the update. Are you completely painless now?
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

programdude

my broken leg funnily enough feels great. My right leg has some discomfort on the side, which is why I got the x rays to send to dr. R.

DoingItForMe

my broken leg funnily enough feels great. My right leg has some discomfort on the side, which is why I got the x rays to send to dr. R.
Sorry if this is an awkward question, but do certain sex positions feel weird now with the longer femurs? For me, I'm having trouble with certain positions that I didn't have trouble with before, because I'm not as flexible as I used to be and my longer femurs put me in a higher position. I'm wondering if you had this same problem and fixed it or never had this problem at all.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

Sorry if this is an awkward question, but do certain sex positions feel weird now with the longer femurs? For me, I'm having trouble with certain positions that I didn't have trouble with before, because I'm not as flexible as I used to be and my longer femurs put me in a higher position. I'm wondering if you had this same problem and fixed it or never had this problem at all.

no more doggy style for you buddy

DoingItForMe

no more doggy style for you buddy
Actually, doggy style is now better, because I'm hitting it from a higher angle. It's missionary and pronebone that are messed up now. Sad, because those were my two favorite.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

Actually, doggy style is now better, because I'm hitting it from a higher angle. It's missionary and pronebone that are messed up now. Sad, because those were my two favorite.

Depends on the angle of entrance... I know it sounds wierd, but in some vaginas the entrance is closer to the rectum than others.. So it will be better with women who have posterior pelvic tilt (The exact opposite of lordosis or duck-ass).

And missionary being more favorite than doggystyle???

Agree on pronbone though

CCMidwest

Depends on the angle of entrance... I know it sounds wierd, but in some vaginas the entrance is closer to the rectum than others.. So it will be better with women who have posterior pelvic tilt (The exact opposite of lordosis or duck-ass).

And missionary being more favorite than doggystyle???

Agree on pronbone though

After LL you'll just have to go on a fact finding mission. Explore as many vaginas as possible and report back.
5'7.5

programdude

Doggy isn't great but mostly because of muscle tightness/weakness etc.

I think in a year once I build up my glutes etc. it'll feel great.

YellowSpike

Doggystyle is awesome for me. Pronebone and missionary seem to be just fine for me as well.

But my favorite is either doggy or me off the side of the bed with her legs cross or over my shoulders (not sure if there's a name for that lol)

willsa

So it was still worth it even with a fractured leg? I think the mental toll on me thinking every ache is a sign my legs about to snap would be pretty draining.

programdude

Thats kind of how I feel about my right leg right now, but I got it scanned for that reason. Once I have peace of mind on that front then yes, ultimately it is worth it since otherwise I would be eating myself up every day over my height. The real question is if there was a sweet spot for stopping where I would have been happy and not suffered complications, but at least this way I'll be happy once I've fought my way to recovery.

programdude

Heard back today that the results of x'rays indicate my legs healed normally and without deformity.

tallerz

Congrats PD. Whats the status on your recovery? Walking? Light Running?

programdude

I've been walking for awhile, can jog/run in bursts and do long hikes etc. Only thing that isn't ideal is long distance running which I haven't don't much of, partially because of concerns about further fractures.

tallerz

That's great to hear. How long did it take before you could walk on crutches and be somewhat self-sufficient?

programdude

Walking on crutches doesn't take long at all. But the crutch phase lasted awhile for me, longer than it did for most. Its why I advise people be prepared to not be walking normally for a long while after surgery.

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor

Hey programdude,

I've been interested in LL for some time now and I really want to add 7-8cm to my height and have followed your story and read most of your thread. You seem like the type of dude I could ask these questions seeing as how you're into bodybuilding and had LL done.

I've looked into and read most of the relevant information, but what really concerns me right now is the ability to continue to work on my body in the gym after LL.
Especially upper body workouts.

How has LL effected you ability to weightlifting? Benching, squatting, deadlifting, etc?

Is it viable for someone to go through the motions and still be able to maintain/build a good body weightlifitng at the gym after LL?

Can you workout your legs still?

How do you legs look, muscle wise compared to your upper body now?

How long did it take you to really walk normally and go back to the gym?

programdude

To answer- You can work out upper body fine. Once you have clearance to, working out legs isn't that bad, but squats aren't happening for a longgg time.

You will look fine for the most part after, my legs look like nice athletic legs, and that is with very light workouts compared to my upper body. I can and do workout legs, though obviously the fracture was a set back.

Normal walking can take awhile though, it certainly did for me.

Alu

So what can you and can't you do at this point PD?

Svensk

So what can you and can't you do at this point PD?

I want to expand this sentence by asking more specific questions about what you can and can't do.

1. Can you do squats with your own weight?
2. Can you walk normally or do you feel that something push you back?
3. Can you jog?
4. Can you jog up and down from stairs without any pain?
5. Can you do "high knee hops"? https://gyazo.com/c99f5e6c777de0b76c7c984afd581a69

If no at any question, what prevents you from doing this?

/Svensk
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

programdude

1. I can squat, but haven't. Certainly not with my bodyweight. I suspect it would be possible but weird because of biomechanics.

2. Walking is fine, even long distances and on hikes etc. Even two weeks after my fracture I went on vacation which involved lots of walking.

3. I can. Yesterday I actually had my best jogging session that felt great. My left leg bothered me after a bit/after but thats because of my still technically broken leg with the rod in it.

4. I have never really jogged up and down stairs in general. But yes I think it would be fine.

5. Yes. The only limiting thing right now is some pain in my broken leg after something rigorous like jogging. I suspect that will improve as my bone fully heals around the rod.

Peaceout

Hey pd,have you ever considered sharing a proportion pic?

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor

1. I can squat, but haven't. Certainly not with my bodyweight. I suspect it would be possible but weird because of biomechanics.

2. Walking is fine, even long distances and on hikes etc. Even two weeks after my fracture I went on vacation which involved lots of walking.

3. I can. Yesterday I actually had my best jogging session that felt great. My left leg bothered me after a bit/after but thats because of my still technically broken leg with the rod in it.

4. I have never really jogged up and down stairs in general. But yes I think it would be fine.

5. Yes. The only limiting thing right now is some pain in my broken leg after something rigorous like jogging. I suspect that will improve as my bone fully heals around the rod.

Hi Programdude,

1. Why is your leg still broken so long after surgery, you fractured it right?

2. Is this common post surgery?

3. Could you elaborate a bit more on squatting, you said it's possible but would be weird, weird how?

4. Could you do squatting every week and incorporate it into your gym routine like normal?

5. Can you work your upperbody properly?
(As in do upperbody workout you feel obliged to do.)

6. How jacked are you? Are you able to do all the same upperbody and core work outs that you would have previously without any issues?

7. How bad was the pain and did you have to take alot of pain medication, or could you go without and opt for a temporary local anesthetic instead? (Addictive personally runs in my family)

Knowing what you know now would you lengthen more or less, or stay the same?

Thanks dude let me know

tallerz

How's the recovery going?

programdude

Hi Programdude,

1. Why is your leg still broken so long after surgery, you fractured it right?

2. Is this common post surgery?

3. Could you elaborate a bit more on squatting, you said it's possible but would be weird, weird how?

4. Could you do squatting every week and incorporate it into your gym routine like normal?

5. Can you work your upperbody properly?
(As in do upperbody workout you feel obliged to do.)

6. How jacked are you? Are you able to do all the same upperbody and core work outs that you would have previously without any issues?

7. How bad was the pain and did you have to take alot of pain medication, or could you go without and opt for a temporary local anesthetic instead? (Addictive personally runs in my family)

Knowing what you know now would you lengthen more or less, or stay the same?

Thanks dude let me know
After a total fracture it is normal to take a year or so to heal up. Especially since it involved not fully healed bone to begin with.

Fracture post surgery is somewhat common from my understanding, though fracture as long after rod removal as mine was is not common.

your legs will be differently proportioned than they are meant to be for natural squatting. As such it is a weird motion. Not impossible but very weird and harder.

Upper body isn't affected at all, I would describe myself as quite jacked

You will need to take pain meds most likely. Be careful if this is a weakness.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up