Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 240790 times)

Alu

Re: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley
« Reply #434 on: August 04, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »

No problem! Between the pain killers and lack of sleep some parts of the diary are definitely embarrassing but I'm glad I did it and like to think its a thorough idea of what to expect from this process.

Still haven't read back over the thread, but I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.

Sometimes I look back and honestly don't know how I did this all. There are so many components to it all, and thats not even accounting for the crazy amount of money or fear one could have, neither of which were an issue for me fortunately(the former was still hard to swallow). To have gone from short, to almost bed ridden, to a gimp, and now just simply tall to the untrained eye is wild. And the funniest thing is that if you do it well and discretely, pretty much no one will know what you've been through. I look forward to being 100% once the trauma from the legs goes away. I've definitely considered writing a book/starting a resource website since I remember how overwhelmed and lost I felt going into this, and know having a friend or guide would have made it all easier.

This would be great, especially for someone like me would is heavily considering following in your footsteps and doing internal femurs with Dr.Paley. Any and all advice from you would be a great relief for me and anyone else. With that in mind I do have an abundance of questions to ask you but I feel those would be best reserved for months later considering my biggest worries with CLL have always been the long term effects on my body more than anything. But for now I have just two simple questions:
1) In terms of recovery how would 5-6CM in height be in terms of recovery?
2) Thus far how are your muscles holding up to this change? Any do you think you might ever be better?
Thanks m8

programdude

« Reply #435 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

I would guess two or three months to be mostly recovered from 5 CM of lengthening.

My muscles are filling in, but because they keep getting trauma and I can't work them out properly they are lagging a bit, and also because they are long it takes longer for it to show. I doubt as far as muscular performance and appearance I am or will be better than ever, though with enough training it will look great.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »

There will always be stigma to cosmetic surgeries. Other than braces there is basically nothing that isn't looked down on to some extent, be it hair transplants, breast implants, nose jobs, etc.

Agreed. But the stigma for cosmetic surgeries is far, far worse for men. As men, we're expected to "hit the gym" and "be confident (24/7/365)." That is why there are tons of beauty aids (makeup, push-up bras, high heels) for women, and none of that for men (aside maybe from certain clothes and workout routines lol).

I totally own the fact that I did LL to the select friends that I told. But I definitely will not be telling future women about it.

mb53

« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:38 AM »

I especially loved the part where you said Paley has a lot of patients do this and how it's getting bigger. As it gets more well known, it'll be less embarrassing to hide from others (I honestly don't think it should be embarrassing at all, and you can bet if I ever do have it done, I WILL let my girlfriend know). Who knows, maybe someday LL will be just as common and accepted as every other cosmetic procedure that people get and don't think anything of it.

I actually managed to sleep for 8 hours (from 11-3 then 4-8) last night. 14 days post-op. Hopefully this'll continue and my journey will go by much smoother.

programdude

« Reply #438 on: August 12, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

Feeling well, but have pain in my left upper femur now.. presumably from removal so hopefully it subsides. Has been making things tricky for physical activities but I can still function... Just doesn't feel great. Bones are supposed to be healed and all that by 6 week mark, so if not resolved by then I will be concerned, but hoping for the best.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #439 on: August 14, 2015, 03:58:22 AM »

How is the pain? Is it tolerable?  Do you have any lingering pain from the procedure with rods inside and removed from leg? Do you know of anybody with long term repercussions from the LL?

programdude

« Reply #440 on: August 14, 2015, 06:02:29 AM »

As said, I generally feel a lot better except for this weird left hip pain that is likely from trauma from removal, I'd have to imagine.. It hurts when I walk and when exerting it like standing etc.

I will have a verdict in a few weeks. I will be either great when that resolves or it won't and will need serious investigation lol...

My left hip was SERIOUSLY bruised after unlike my right which was fine, so there may just be some excessive trauma to it especially.

I've got bad LL luck, but I'm optimistic.

CBixler

• Visitor
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »

Hey man

How are you feeling? Does your hip still hurt? Looking forward to an update!

programdude

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

Hips improving, leaving only a faint hint of pain. I can now kneel and stand normally without the sharp pain.

Currently my main complaint is pain/tightness in the hip flexors area(not sure if its bone or muscle) when attempting running. If that can be resolved through bone recovery or stretching, I am pretty much golden.

Uppland

« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »

Hips improving, leaving only a faint hint of pain. I can now kneel and stand normally without the sharp pain.

Currently my main complaint is pain/tightness in the hip flexors area(not sure if its bone or muscle) when attempting running. If that can be resolved through bone recovery or stretching, I am pretty much golden.

How is your running other than that, can you move like you used to, what about your speed and agility?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2015, 01:24:09 PM »

As said, I generally feel a lot better except for this weird left hip pain that is likely from trauma from removal, I'd have to imagine.. It hurts when I walk and when exerting it like standing etc.

I will have a verdict in a few weeks. I will be either great when that resolves or it won't and will need serious investigation lol...

My left hip was SERIOUSLY bruised after unlike my right which was fine, so there may just be some excessive trauma to it especially.

I've got bad LL luck, but I'm optimistic.

If you've seen how they remove it, you'd probably know why you might be bruised. They take a hammer and hammer the nail out of you. And if it's really stuck, imagine how hard they have to strike that hammer and how much impact that vibration has on the rest of your bones.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Genetic_solutions

« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2015, 05:51:52 AM »

Hey man, hope you are recovering well! I'm considering LL with Paley as well. I have the same starting height as yours. May I ask how long is your tibia and your femur now? Do they look proportional? I may consider to do 8cm on my femurs as well. Your diary really helps. Thanks, man
Consider surgery in 2018 with Dr. Paley.

programdude

« Reply #446 on: August 30, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »

Upp- It is hard to say, but everything feels good other than that when I run. That area is tight/fatigues very quickly. Unfortunately I can only run for maybe a minute right now before extreme discomfort is a problem. I suspect through more stretching and my glutes getting back to being strong it will be better.

My legs look pretty proportional now that my femurs aren't completely emaciated.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »

Upp- It is hard to say, but everything feels good other than that when I run. That area is tight/fatigues very quickly. Unfortunately I can only run for maybe a minute right now before extreme discomfort is a problem. I suspect through more stretching and my glutes getting back to being strong it will be better.

My legs look pretty proportional now that my femurs aren't completely emaciated.
How much walking did you do each day on the crutches or in the pool during lengthening?
Link to my experience

programdude

« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »

I spent a lot of time in the pool. Almost no time walking in crutches as I was told it wasnt safe- until much later Paley told me it was ok and that the others were wrong.

Deads

« Reply #449 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »

Hi PD,

Every detailed diary. I loved reading your experience and think you'd be great at writing a book on the subject.

My goal is to lengthen 4.5 cm on the fibia and 3.5 on the tibia for a total of 8cm.. If you could go back, would you do the 8cm over two portions of bone for a easier recovery and better proportions?

programdude

« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »

I wouldn't do that- mainly because of scarring than anything else. The femur scars after nail removal aren't terrible, and will be pretty good once the new ones are healed... But having tibia and femurs totally jacked up wouldn't be something I'd like.

Its possible depending on recovery, I would have simply wished to lengthen less, but at this point things are getting pretty good. Long walks, lifting etc. not really a problem. Short running is pretty good. It is quite the process but I think things will get back to where they need to be soon.

programdude

« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:58 AM »

walking long distances is fine now. Strength and everything recovering. size is normal but looks small since I am otherwise jacked.

jogging remains the only difficulty. Will keep people posted about that

Deads

« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

So when are you going to post some pics?

YellowSpike

« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2015, 02:00:52 AM »

Disclaimer: This update to PD's diary is fully authorized by PD himself.

Now for the dark side of LL. I got a text tonight from our boy ProgramDude, and could hardly believe what I read. "Dude...my leg snapped in half." I called him and he was getting ready for surgery. We didn't talk long, and he sounded very calm and collected, all things considered (kudos to him, I'd be freaking out). Apparently, he was trying to just stretch his left quad...and he heard a "snap," and it was exactly as he feared. As far as I know, PD followed the doctor's orders completely, and wasn't over exerting himself. So we can't blame PD.

PD - good luck bro and hang in there. Keep us all posted.

To everyone else - LL is SERIOUS crap. This surgery takes a long ass time to recovery from (I will begrudgingly update my diary shortly), and there are significant risks, even with the best possible doctors out there. Proceed with extreme caution (something I need to do more, and will talk about that in my diary).

crimsontide

« Reply #454 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:30 AM »

yellow

i had a feeling... we havent spoken in a bit

i agree with you.... people need to listen to your post

it takes a long time to recover from... a long time

i hope youve stopped thinking about a second surgery...

YellowSpike

« Reply #455 on: October 08, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »

No way man. I will be 5'9" in about a year's time. I refuse to settle for anything less than average. 5'8" is the start of short, not ok with me.

We'll talk soon. Been trying to avoid this whole LL sh*t (even though I"ll be back next year).

Alu

« Reply #456 on: October 08, 2015, 02:14:57 AM »

Christ this makes me sick. I really hope he's doing ok and that it's nothing too serious. Please send him my best regards. Keep us updated on his condition and post your own opinion on your diary as we are mostly aware of the lengthening process but the recovery sometimes becomes undermined by it. This doesn't make me rethink my decision to undergo the surgery, but it sure does put much more emphasis on how truly serious this is.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2015, 02:48:24 AM »

I dont believe real Paley patient would have his leg snap unless he was doing something against his advice. Doctor Paley is god of leg lengthening.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

crimsontide

« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2015, 02:48:39 AM »

im sick of ll talk too

its fking ridiculous how long it takes if you go over 6 cm

Uppland

« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2015, 02:59:24 AM »

Weird that you can break a bone in half just by stretching your muscles, wasn't he consolidated?

YellowSpike

« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2015, 03:02:20 AM »

I dont believe real Paley patient would have his leg snap unless he was doing something against his advice. Doctor Paley is god of leg lengthening.

Very ignorant comment. Complications (including serious ones) can happen with an doctor and this proves it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2015, 03:16:22 AM »

The muscles surrounding the femurs are very powerful.  Some people can lift insane amounts when doing squats.  Having those powerful muscles exerting pressure on the leg in a weird way, it appears, can cause the bone to break.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2015, 05:33:35 AM »

This is very very depressing news to hear. I've been rooting for Programdude for a long time now. His diary was my go-to guide when I was doing my femurs with Paley.
Link to my experience

Penguinn

« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »

But wasn't the bone significantly consolidated? Muscles can be sprained, but how can a stretch just break a bone?

Hope he gets better.

KrP1

« Reply #464 on: October 08, 2015, 10:45:50 AM »

Wow. Hope all goes well brother and you could recover fast !
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Up