Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 cm on my tibias?  (Read 50985 times)

ReadRothbard

Re: 10 cm on my tibias?
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »

No your torso is short and you are not broad shouldered, just fat and stocky. Want proof? stand on a stool and mask your legs..Not so broad now are ya.
Also your wingspan is borderline midget i see a max increase of 6 cm before you start to look unproportional.

No offense, buddy, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off, my torso is huge: I have a 98 cm sitting height (there average 5'9 man has a 91 cm sitting height). Second, I have a 23-24 inch shoulder breadth--and the average man has a 18 inch shoulder breadth. Third, I'm 11.6% bodyfat (Bod Pod tested), so I'm nowhere close to fat). Fourth and finally, my wingspan is 68 inches (about 1.5 inches more than my height), which is not "borderline midget" in any sense of the word.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2014, 08:47:39 PM »

i don't want to offend you, but your torso look short, and you also look obese...
The picture make you look disproportionate, maybe if you lost weigh you would look better...

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »

No offense, buddy, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off, my torso is huge: I have a 98 cm sitting height (there average 5'9 man has a 91 cm sitting height). Second, I have a 23-24 inch shoulder breadth--and the average man has a 18 inch shoulder breadth. Third, I'm 11.6% bodyfat (Bod Pod tested), so I'm nowhere close to fat). Fourth and finally, my wingspan is 68 inches (about 1.5 inches more than my height), which is not "borderline midget" in any sense of the word.

You have a high sitting height because you are fat. And probably that Bod Pod was broken, because you are way toooo fat for 11.6% bodyfat and you won't be really able to lengthen too much because you have very short arms (your fingers aren't even close to your knees), maybe you can get away with 4-5cm but after that you will look like T-Rex.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »

im confused. you said you were a stripper? are you sure you were not just pretending to be a stripper because its the internet?

also I don't want to offend you. but you are a little chunky, and your arms and upper body do not look long. perhaps if you take a different photo we can see better. take the photo in underwear only.

I can see you have got some muscles but you also have a lot of body fat.

sitting height means nothing. fat but = massive sitting height.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »

im confused. you said you were a stripper? are you sure you were not just pretending to be a stripper because its the internet?

also I don't want to offend you. but you are a little chunky, and your arms and upper body do not look long. perhaps if you take a different photo we can see better. take the photo in underwear only.

I can see you have got some muscles but you also have a lot of body fat.

sitting height means nothing. fat but = massive sitting height.

Oh lol you were going off the picture. Nah, that's an old picture from when I was bulking for a powerlifting contest. I was 26% bodyfat then.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2014, 10:51:35 PM »

No it doesn't. There is a golden ratio measurement from my feet to navel compared to my navel to head.

Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »

You should upload an up to date picture. You don't look anything like a male stripper in the one that you posted earlier, I must say. Just blur your face and nobody will have a clue who you are.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »

I guess I could. I might upload one tomorrow; I can't right now, because I'm in the gym.

Here is actually an older picture of me back in June:

Future space tycoon

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 12:10:56 AM »

much better pic.

its just a shame that LL will destroy that muscle. :( im sure you will get it back when you finish LL though.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 01:50:40 AM »

Lol thanks

And, yeah, it'll probably wreck some havoc on my lower body (I should be able to maintain my upper body), but I should be able to get back all of my lower body strength in about six months or so after my bones have consolidated. "Muscle memory" (really just the previous stretching of the fascia) should get back my lower body muscles pretty quickly.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 02:13:40 AM »

Just measured my torso about five times using two different methods. First method came out with about 20 inches (51 cm) for my torso length, and the second one was about 22-23 inches (56-58 cm). That is about 3-5 inches larger than the average torso length of a 5'9-5'10 dude.

Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 06:32:48 AM »

Impressive upper body for sure. That kind of muscle will look great on a 6'1 frame and lengthened legs, if you can rebuild it after LL.

Uppland

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »

I haven't followed the discussion but I would strongly advice against 10 cm in one surgery. I've been trying to learn of post-operation recovery and the more I read the more clear it is that lenghtening your legs should be approached very carefully.

That said it is possible to achieve 10 cm with relatively little risk if you divide it into two segments. I understand you're 5'10?
Then you would be roughly 188CM which is fairly tall and a very good heigth overall.

The next concern is how it's going to look. Judging by your pictures you have short legs indeed so that's not a issue and your shoulders look broad as well. However I think your arms look very short already and much out of proportion in the second photoshopped image. I'd say that's your problem -your arm lenght.

Measure your arms from the end of your middle finger to the top of the acromion bone, then divide that measurment by your height and you'll get a number like -0,424356..- that number should not be below 0,4 if it is then don't lenghten at all.
Try to figure out how you'll look in the mirror, maybe try standing on your toes or wear shoe lifts and try to figure out how much you would be willing to lenghten before it looks off. Good luck.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:48 AM »

I agree with most people on here in that your arms really are short, no joke.
If you end up doing 20cms altogether then you can bet your left nut you'll end up looking like a penguin in stilettos  :-[
Heck you may even walk like one... I live smack bang in the middle of my city and its party central all night, every night and I see so many girls with small torsos walking around in 10-15cm heels, perhaps even more and they look so damn funny when they walk. Looks too unnatural

No point being that tall if you'll just end up looking abnormally weird, yes you can possibly hide it by dressing accordingly but even then it will still be a little off. 

I understand you want to save money and are trying to come up with excuses to do 10cm tibias in one sitting but thats just unsafe, I too would like to save money and go crazy in one sitting but I wont, its simply too risky and you're pretty much gambling with your health. There's no price when it comes to health. Like a previous poster already said, if you dont have enough time and money to do 2 surgeries then too bad, do one

TL:DR - You will be the circus act if you go the full 20cms, guaranteed or your money back. You can put your mortgage on that  ;D
Arms are simply not long enough, perhaps maybe if you decide to lengthen your arms as well. I know you said you dont care about your arm length but arm length WILL become a problem

Good luck though

ReadRothbard

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »

About 5'7, not 5'10. I think I'll do 7.6 cm instead of 10 cm.

Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »

But mate be careful of lenghtening one bone that much. I know it's time consuming and costly but a few years after you'll be happier if you did 4 or 5 cm in two surgeries and you'll be plenty tall as well.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 02:48:53 PM »

readrothbard.

what is your timeline for LL surgery.

are you planning on doing tibia and femur back to back? and when do you plan on doing them?

I ask because LL seems important to you. and how much do you have saved already?

if you go with guitchet it will cost you so much money? maybe you could consider getting less cm and doing external femur?

im just throwing up ideas. it is important I think to at least discuss these ideas. otherwise you might turn into 1 of these guys who dreams of LL for the next 10 years.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »

Arm length (wingspan) is only about 68 inches. I suppose I could do some arm lengthening if I "grew" to 6'1 or so (I could do about 0.75 inches per arm segment to have a total of a 71 inch wingspan). I'll do a mockup to 6'1 to see how my 68 inch wingspan would look.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »

My plan is to get LL with Dr. Guichet in the summer of 2016 (possibly sooner). I'm going to do three inches on my tibias first (maybe femurs, first, depending on what the doctor says); I won't be doing tibias and femurs back to back. I'll probably be doing femurs two years or so after my tibias, depending about how much money goes.

Since I have only been at my new job since early September, and I'm only really able to work part-time, I have about $4,000 saved up. I should have close to $30,000 by June or so (depending upon how much work I get from the agency; I'm pretty new, so I'm only doing about 2 nights a week).

I don't really plan on doing external femurs; I'd rather splurge for internals with an experienced doctor like Dr. Guichet, especially since he has more experience with athletes, and his Gnail has a faster recovery time than externals (about 15 days per cm versus about 30-45 days per cm).

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »

I'd like to do about 15 cm altogether. I could probably pull off 7 cm on my tibias and 8 cm on my femurs if 7.6 cm is too much for my tibias. As long as I can grow another six inches, I'm good.

Future space tycoon

Moubgf

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »

I'd like to do about 15 cm altogether. I could probably pull off 7 cm on my tibias and 8 cm on my femurs if 7.6 cm is too much for my tibias. As long as I can grow another six inches, I'm good.

He is new...He'll come around.

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 04:33:01 PM »

7cm external tibia will take AT LEAST 10 months in frames, then 2 a few weeks on crutches and then a few months where you have be very careful, so your new bone won't break. Good luck with that.

Uppland

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »

You need to cut that estimate in half. Maximum lenghtening I would recommend is 5+5 cm isn't that enough?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »

7cm external tibia will take AT LEAST 10 months in frames, then 2 a few weeks on crutches and then a few months where you have be very careful, so your new bone won't break. Good luck with that.

I'm doing internals with Dr. Guichet. I would never use externals--they take far too long.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 05:42:39 PM »

Probably not, unfortunately. 5+5 would only put me at 5'10.5. I want to at least reach 6'0. Dr. Paley seems to advise 6.5 cm on the tibias and 8 cm on the femurs as pretty safe, so I think 7 cm on the tibias and 8 cm on the femurs should be fine; 7 cm should only take about 22 weeks total (distraction and consolidation) with Dr. Guichet, and 8 cm would only be about 25 weeks.

Future space tycoon

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »

you don't have a choice for external tibia.

your going to be stuck in frames for a long time.  so that excuse doesn't really work.

you already know my recommendation is 6cm tibia, and 5-6cm femur (depending on flexibility).

12cm would get you to 5"11.5

all I can say is if you want to spend that much money on internal frames then fine. but always remember that you can get 12cm from external only for 30k combined(tibia and femur 15k each). that would be my personal recommendation. and it can be done back to back as lon femur can be done while wearing the frames for external tibia.

you are choosing to spend 65K instead of 15k for femur. that also doesn't cover all the other expenses like medication and PT and so on. 

so your choosing to spend like 50-80k more for femur by choice. and the only difference is the 5-6cm for external vs the 8cm internal femur.

i don't think that 2-3cm is worth and extra 50-80 thousand dollars.

plus you wont need to wait years and years if you get it back to back, and you wont have to wait years to save the money.

i am curious to your opinion on this information.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2014, 06:58:15 PM »

It isn't really the extra length that I'm looking for with the extra price of Guichet--externals can do that just fine. It's the combination of the fact that the G nail lengthens faster, is weight-bearing, offers faster recovery, and that Dr. Guichet's team is better suited towards dealing with athletes that other externals doctors I've looked at.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »

I don't see a reason why. As someone stated, you still have the rods in your legs and you're also not at the 2 years mark, so you're recovering still.
Honestly, that makes zero sense to me, but then again I don't kick. I mean, if you say your longer leg breaks up the speed, wouldn't that mean that someone with naturally long legs won't be able to kick as fast?

That's what I was thinking, too. There is a study on PubMed about the recovery of muscular strength and power in Ilizarov patients; the patients eventually recovered all of their muscular strength and power in their legs, but it took them two years after the external fixators were removed. The patients had lengthened between 3-8.6 cm (average was about 6.7 cm, I believe). Of course, if you are doing internals, you would likely recover in half the time.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »

That being said, and combined with other reading I have done, I think I'll settle for 7 cm on my tibias. Then, I'll do about 8 cm on my femurs, as the femurs have a higher tolerance for lengthening.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »

I actually do have a very large upper body with broad shoulders. I have a shoulder breadth of 23 inches and a 21-22 inch torso length (average for the American male is 18 inches). If proportions were a problem, I don't think I'll be too bad off.

Future space tycoon

Moubgf

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

I actually do have a very large upper body with broad shoulders. I have a shoulder breadth of 23 inches and a 21-22 inch torso length (average for the American male is 18 inches). If proportions were a problem, I don't think I'll be too bad off.

Go for it bro
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up