Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 cm on my tibias?  (Read 51070 times)

ReadRothbard

Re: 10 cm on my tibias?
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »

I actually do have a very large upper body with broad shoulders. I have a shoulder breadth of 23 inches and a 21-22 inch torso length (average for the American male is 18 inches). If proportions were a problem, I don't think I'll be too bad off.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Moubgf

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

I actually do have a very large upper body with broad shoulders. I have a shoulder breadth of 23 inches and a 21-22 inch torso length (average for the American male is 18 inches). If proportions were a problem, I don't think I'll be too bad off.

Go for it bro

ReadRothbard

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »

Go for it bro

Is that sarcasm?

Anyways, I don't think I'd go for 10 cm on the tibias, anyways. Even with internals, that is simply too long of a wait to return to heavy free-weights, cycling, and calisthenics. I'll opt for 7 cm on the tibias; I think that is a safe and manageable goal for a doctor like Guichet.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »

do you have the money atleast, because paley+guichet=100 000-120 000 dollars i wonder who
can afford two surgeries with both.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2014, 03:51:58 AM »

do you have the money atleast, because paley+guichet=100 000-120 000 dollars i wonder who
can afford two surgeries with both.

Exactly, Guichet is expensive, Paley is just a complete rip off/robbery if anything.
Guichet's price all up with be close to $100,000, if not over. $65,000 for Guichet is the bare minimum and simply not enough, and dont forget his jaw dropping $10,000 for nail removal  ???

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »

Guichet's price all up with be close to $100,000

I think the 100k figure was derived from peoples experience. does anyone remember which diary outlines the price.

either way as much as I love LL I could never justify the price of a house to get surgery.

think about it. in life all you really need to ever do is buy a house and then you can retire to part time work for the rest of your life.

why would you spend that money on LL surgery instead of retire for the rest of your life. it never made sense to me. doing a 9-5 job like a slave to pay a mortgage to a bank for the rest of your life. I will never understand paying that much for surgery when you don't have to.

instead I will own my own home and get a cheap external surgery, while others can not own a home and pay all that money to the surgery. and in the end the only difference will be the way we both got taller. even if I could afford a home and LL, I would rather buy a second home with that money because the doctor prices are just rip offs.

my motto is why pay a boat load of money for no reason. 

endomorphisme

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »

I think guichet and paley should be considered if you want to add more than 6 cm in each segment, but if you only consider 3-6 cm, you should opt for a cheaper doctor (like the russian ones for example)

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »

You can buy a house for $100,000? Lucky you, where Im from its $1.5 mil minimum

ReadRothbard

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »

I think ShyShy said he only spent around $60,000.

Future space tycoon

Moubgf

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:28 AM »

I think the 100k figure was derived from peoples experience. does anyone remember which diary outlines the price.

either way as much as I love LL I could never justify the price of a house to get surgery.

think about it. in life all you really need to ever do is buy a house and then you can retire to part time work for the rest of your life.

why would you spend that money on LL surgery instead of retire for the rest of your life. it never made sense to me. doing a 9-5 job like a slave to pay a mortgage to a bank for the rest of your life. I will never understand paying that much for surgery when you don't have to.

instead I will own my own home and get a cheap external surgery, while others can not own a home and pay all that money to the surgery. and in the end the only difference will be the way we both got taller. even if I could afford a home and LL, I would rather buy a second home with that money because the doctor prices are just rip offs.

my motto is why pay a boat load of money for no reason.

Theres lengthening your legs..Then theres lengthening your legs reailty check 2.0. 

Expensive-cheap.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »

hey slim tim. you said you want LL in feb.

where do you plan on going? are you going to write a diary?

good luck.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »

Here is a picture of me (as of today) with 10 cm on my tibias and femurs (first picture).

The second picture is 7.6 cm on my tibias and my femurs (15.2 cm/6 inches total).

Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2014, 01:12:09 AM »

I only see one picture posted. You should post your original picture too so that we can compare it to your mockups.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2014, 01:20:50 AM »

Ok, sorry. Here is the original (first one) and another with 7.6 cm per segment (second one):

Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »

Looks pretty normal to me.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2014, 01:57:26 AM »

it looks really good :)

but you need humerus lengthening because your arms are short. :(

ps stick to 7.5cm per segment. 7.5cm per segment for 2 segments is the absolute maximum. and even then it may be impossible to prevent a partial loss of function at that amount.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2014, 02:25:53 AM »

I most likely will only be sticking to a max limit of 15 cm total (7 on tibias and 8 cm on femurs), but, like you said, I could do a little bit of arm lengthening to 70 inches. It could also help some in amateur boxing, which I have been trying to get into.

Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2014, 03:17:13 AM »

You can buy a house for $100,000? Lucky you, where Im from its $1.5 mil minimum

I live in Tampa and you can buy a crack shack for $100k but a house worth living in costs you 300k to 500k easily.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »

does anyone ever understand an argument based on principle. this is not necessarily a literal statement in every case.

also 100k is for femurs only. if you get the full deal tibia, femur and humerus(which I can assure you will need if you get 15cm between both leg segments)

then it quite quickly adds up. also depending on the doctor you could end up spending 150k or more just on femur which has been reported by people who went with paley.

so my point still stands you could very easily spend 300k between all 3 surgeries if the situation warrants it(or close to it).

you can buy a house for 300k. why in gods name would I spend even 2 thirds the cost of a house on leg lengthening when I could almost own a house.

even if the amount you spend is not quite the cost of a house it could very easily be close to it by the time you are done if you go with an massively overpriced expensive doctor and/or get complications which are not covered.

why would you spend that much money when you could spend 30-45k on a world class surgeon and end up with the same results and own a home. it might not be a mansion but you can still semi retire in that "cheap" home.

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

does anyone ever understand an argument based on principle. this is not necessarily a literal statement in every case.

also 100k is for femurs only. if you get the full deal tibia, femur and humerus(which I can assure you will need if you get 15cm between both leg segments)

then it quite quickly adds up. also depending on the doctor you could end up spending 150k or more just on femur which has been reported by people who went with paley.

so my point still stands you could very easily spend 300k between all 3 surgeries if the situation warrants it(or close to it).

you can buy a house for 300k. why in gods name would I spend even 2 thirds the cost of a house on leg lengthening when I could almost own a house.

even if the amount you spend is not quite the cost of a house it could very easily be close to it by the time you are done if you go with an massively overpriced expensive doctor and/or get complications which are not covered.

why would you spend that much money when you could spend 30-45k on a world class surgeon and end up with the same results and own a home. it might not be a mansion but you can still semi retire in that "cheap" home.

Go for a cheap doctor if you want, but don't be suprised if he cripples your legs.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »

Go for a cheap doctor if you want, but don't be suprised if he cripples your legs

go for an expensive over priced doctor if you want. but don't be surprised if you throw away money needlessly. if you want to get ripped off that is your choice.

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »

go for an expensive over priced doctor if you want. but don't be surprised if you throw away money needlessly. if you want to get ripped off that is your choice.

In my opinion legs>money, but I guess everyone is different. And btw. they don't rip you off, prices in world first countries are of course higher than in India or China...

Moubgf

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »

In my opinion legs>money, but I guess everyone is different. And btw. they don't rip you off, prices in world first countries are of course higher than in India or China...

hence rip off.

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »

actually the medical system is a basterdised version of care which has been corruptly driven up deliberately by insurance companies who influence legislation via financing political parties. medical care or surgery is not suppose to ever cost this amount. yes they are fking you. you are getting ripped of. if you think this is normal, then you suffer from a condition known as normalcy bias.

as for legs>money.   money does not give better results. the surgeon does. I can spend far less and still get the same if not better results. india is a bad example because those 2 doctors are not even leg lengthening doctors, sringari is a freakin joint replacement surgeon for crying out loud. money does not equate better medical care, America spends more than all other countries combined on its health care system or some ridiculous figure like that and the citizens in America have a longevity which is lower than many others.

in short Americas prices are over inflated, they spend more money, and their citizens are on average more diseased and debilitated. money does not solve the problem. good doctors with good training do. and no doctors in America are not trained to cure people, they are trained to treat the symptoms of disease. so they are NOT good doctors. they need to be re trained. money does not buy results. good doctors do.  and good doctors don't need to cost 2000 times more.

your attitude is that unless you give away a boat load of money then the doctor is not good. that is ridiculous. I did not know that a doctors reputation is dependent on him ripping you off. in that case I will quickly tell my doctor to increase his price by 10 times so that you can consider him a professional. :)

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »

actually the medical system is a basterdised version of care which has been corruptly driven up deliberately by insurance companies who influence legislation via financing political parties. medical care or surgery is not suppose to ever cost this amount. yes they are f**king you. you are getting ripped of. if you think this is normal, then you suffer from a condition known as normalcy bias.

as for legs>money.   money does not give better results. the surgeon does. I can spend far less and still get the same if not better results. india is a bad example because those 2 doctors are not even leg lengthening doctors, sringari is a freakin joint replacement surgeon for crying out loud. money does not equate better medical care, America spends more than all other countries combined on its health care system or some ridiculous figure like that and the citizens in America have a longevity which is lower than many others.

in short Americas prices are over inflated, they spend more money, and their citizens are on average more diseased and debilitated. money does not solve the problem. good doctors with good training do. and no doctors in America are not trained to cure people, they are trained to treat the symptoms of disease. so they are NOT good doctors. they need to be re trained. money does not buy results. good doctors do.  and good doctors don't need to cost 2000 times more.

your attitude is that unless you give away a boat load of money then the doctor is not good. that is ridiculous. I did not know that a doctors reputation is dependent on him ripping you off. in that case I will quickly tell my doctor to increase his price by 10 times so that you can consider him a professional. :)

I was talking about first world countries, not America  ;D

But you're right, higher prices doesn't equal to better medical care. But still I'm talking about central european countries, an operation+hospital stay will cost you a  load of money, not because they want to rip you off, it's because it's expensive (anesthesia, operation room, food, physio, cleaning and much much more). I know because I did that (they send me a bill with all the expenses) and I DIDN'T EVEN PAY my surgeon a salary for the op because he's a good guy, still it was expensive but not a rip off.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »

Which surgeon would you recommend, then?

Future space tycoon

PrettyTall

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »

Dr Leonid N.Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »

How long would that take for 7-8 cm, then? I know it's about a month per cm for traditional Ilizarov, but I'm unaware by how much Lon quickens recovery time.

Future space tycoon

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »

Paley may give you piece of mind and thats not to say you wont get complications with him, though the odds are probably less. But nonetheless, Paley is a complete rip off.
How is it that a doctor like say Dr Birkholtz from South Africa or Dr Parihar from India can charge roughly $50,000 and $45,000 respectively for the same Precice nails but when it comes to Paley its a hulking $100,000 to $150,000 for the same surgery....? I suspect greed being a major factor...

Paleys Precice nails must have been made from Mount Olympus by the Gods and shipped Express to him.... Cause they sure do cost hell of a lot more than others

Piece of mind is piece of mind but a RIP OFF IS STILL A RIP OFF

ReadRothbard

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2014, 05:23:38 AM »

I might have to do humerus lengthening of about 1.5 inches per arm with the Gnail. That would give me a 5'11 wingspan, which should also be good for deadlifts.

Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up