Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would have better balance, tibia patients or femur patients?  (Read 817 times)

I'm guessing femur patients would have better balance, since our ankles are like anchor and foundation of our body and lower knee level would give us gravity advantages. Especially if the achilles tendon is being stretched, it might decrease its function.

While certain sports movement would rely more on thighs, such as jumping and kicking. I'm under the impression that femur patients would have more balanced. Also femur patients would look better on shoe lifts.

But I haven't tried any of them. Can any vet confirm this?

Johnson1111

Re: Who would have better balance, tibia patients or femur patients?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »

It depends on your proportions to begin with and everyones are different.
The main markers are that femurs are generally longer than the tibias on the average person. So with lengthening the femurs you will still have longer femurs that tibias just by a larger margin but it will still look normal since they're generally bigger unless you lengthen too large of an amount 7cm+ i'd say. If your tibias are closer in length the less you'll be able to lengthen without them looking disproportional.

The people with small femurs to begin with and go big on the tibias end up looking the least proportional imo. They're also at the biggest risk for arthritis statistically. The only logical explanation is that we can only look very proportional if we cross lengthen according to the normal proportion realm of the average human. One segment for a normal person if you lengthen alot will put you generally out of statistical proportion. That is the reality but it is usually worth the height increase in our cases.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »

It depends on your proportions to begin with and everyones are different.
The main markers are that femurs are generally longer than the tibias on the average person. So with lengthening the femurs you will still have longer femurs that tibias just by a larger margin but it will still look normal since they're generally bigger unless you lengthen too large of an amount 7cm+ i'd say. If your tibias are closer in length the less you'll be able to lengthen without them looking disproportional.

The people with small femurs to begin with and go big on the tibias end up looking the least proportional imo. They're also at the biggest risk for arthritis statistically. The only logical explanation is that we can only look very proportional if we cross lengthen according to the normal proportion realm of the average human. One segment for a normal person if you lengthen alot will put you generally out of statistical proportion. That is the reality but it is usually worth the height increase in our cases.

lol actually when I said "balance", I meant standing balance, not proportions. I am not sure if I worded it wrongly.

By the way, my tibia is 37cm and femur is 46cm. With 5cm on tibia, my tibia would still be smaller.

Johnson1111

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »

lol actually when I said "balance", I meant standing balance, not proportions. I am not sure if I worded it wrongly.

By the way, my tibia is 37cm and femur is 46cm. With 5cm on tibia, my tibia would still be smaller.

Ohh i see makes sense. And yes indeed

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »

Ohh i see makes sense. And yes indeed

So you agreed with my opinion regarding standing balance above?

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »

Actually that's a 0.8 (ideal) ratio. Your tibia is not small. 5cms on either segment won't make you disproportionate, though.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »

Actually that's a 0.8 (ideal) ratio. Your tibia is not small. 5cms on either segment won't make you disproportionate, though.

Good to know, Penguin. I actually posted a pic a while back in the height and proportions section and had everyone telling me to do femurs and not tibias.

Do you think 7-8cm on femurs would be ok? We have to lengthen more on femurs in order to gain the maximum benefit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up