Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA  (Read 29912 times)

takura

Re: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2019, 07:30:15 PM »

Hello

Can you give a little more info on pain killer use in terms of your medical opinion

What I mainly want to know in addition is

1) Any particular benefits of general anaesthesia over spinal? quicker to start exercising so you can maintain your muscle and mobility ?

2) Can we bear pain and avoid painkillers - heavy liver metabolism almost always ages the body and the face - which are extremely bad

3) Would you have done externals only over LON - now.

Thanks Adwards,

Malaysia boleh

AR

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2019, 11:28:16 AM »

Excellent work Adward.
using crutches will help you get your flexibility really fast. also try to walk bare shoes this will help and when you put ur shoes again life will be easier.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

Adward

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »

Hope you'll do well

Until now, do you have any regret ?

Im a curious about it, I am 17 and would like to know the opnion of people who have done that surgery. I just got started researching it a few days ago.

No, not at all. But please keep in mind that I am a doctor myself and onto that, I had a wonderful surgeon and physio in Harry by my side. So the journey went pretty much smooth. If your attitude is correct then LL is very much doable.

Adward

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2019, 07:37:04 PM »

I have made a decision to not to go to Dr Sarin for my surgery. I am considering some other ll doctors in India. May be, will soon come and meet you in person .
You are most welcomed.

Adward

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

How much Dr Sharma charging now for everything ?

The charges were updated at the beginning of this year to USD 15k. If you have some private inquiry then you can contact Harry himself. You can email him at heryshgr@gmail.com or WhatsApp at 9560867721.

Adward

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2019, 07:42:02 PM »

Excellent work Adward.
using crutches will help you get your flexibility really fast. also try to walk bare shoes this will help and when you put ur shoes again life will be easier.

Thanks buddy for your advice. Already onto it. Wish me luck..:)

Adward

« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »

Hello

Can you give a little more info on pain killer use in terms of your medical opinion

What I mainly want to know in addition is

1) Any particular benefits of general anaesthesia over spinal? quicker to start exercising so you can maintain your muscle and mobility ?

2) Can we bear pain and avoid painkillers - heavy liver metabolism almost always ages the body and the face - which are extremely bad

3) Would you have done externals only over LON - now.

Thanks Adwards,

Malaysia boleh

General anesthesia - Actually few patients report backache post spinal which is not medically evident but still why risk it?
But with spinal theoretically you avoid much of the surgical stress to your body as compared to GA. Also spinal provides pain relief for a longer duration of time (for almost 48 hours post surgery or even more if needed) which is not the same as with GA.

A young and healthy liver is perfectly capable of tackling such stressful situations, so you need not worry about it. A good doctor would neither let his/her patients overdose on painkillers nor would he/she let his patients suffer because of pain. Every big hospital has a special clinic dedicated to just pain management. But believe me, you need to be ready for painful 48 hours post surgery if going for GA. But then again listening to stories of so many patients reporting such post-procedural pain in case of spinal, I became a bit skeptical and therefore went on with GA. Again I would reiterate here that no such medical evidence is present which points to the spinal procedure being the reason for such backaches. You can go even farther than this and call it a medical myth, a myth which I gave into and therefore chose GA over Spinal.

If you go for GA, you can choose fentanyl infusion for the first few hours and then use Buprenorphine patch along with Dynapar or PCM infusion. You can go through my diary for more.

Yes, I would still go with LON. When I made this choice I thought thoroughly and didn't choose it just randomly. So no I would not opt for pure Ilizarov's (i.e externals only) or those so-called hybrids even today.

I hope my answer would be helpful.

Malaysia Boleh :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 08:41:56 PM by Adward »

Adward

« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2019, 07:41:39 PM »

My recovery is going well. Presenting another video from Harry's rehab...tan tana  ;)

https://vimeo.com/315513226

Great321

« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2019, 12:16:33 AM »

wow I'm impressed!

Adios

« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »

My recovery is going well. Presenting another video from Harry's rehab...tan tana  ;)

https://vimeo.com/315513226
Good job man

Adios

« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2019, 04:59:02 AM »

Hi Adward
I am coming to meet you on monday.

Adward

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »

Hi Adward
I am coming to meet you on monday.

It was great to meet you Adios. I hope I have cleared all your doubts regarding the surgery to the best of my ability. Best of luck for your surgery and life.

Adios

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2019, 05:36:44 AM »

It was great to meet you Adios. I hope I have cleared all your doubts regarding the surgery to the best of my ability. Best of luck for your surgery and life.
Thank you Adward
I have decided my surgery with Dr. Sharma , Next week Tuesday.

Adward

« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2019, 03:11:11 AM »

So Adios has had his surgery 2 days back. He is in recovery. Once ready he will be starting with his diary on this forum. A very warm welcome to Adios in advance from all of the LL community. 

Adward

« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »

I just got the good news. I might soon start walking unaided. Next step will be the balance, stairs, un-leveled roads etc.
As of now while walking using an elbow crutch, my heels do touch the ground. Will soon post my new X-rays.

Adward

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

InFullStryde

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »

Wow! Adward - those are looking great from what I understand about how they should look during consolidation.  Looking forward to you getting back on your feet again. It has been quite the journey for you.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Adward

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2019, 05:46:48 AM »

Wow! Adward - those are looking great from what I understand about how they should look during consolidation.  Looking forward to you getting back on your feet again. It has been quite the journey for you.
Thanks buddy. Am too just eagerly waiting for that day.

Adward

« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2019, 02:05:19 PM »

Adward

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2019, 09:32:40 PM »

My ballerina is almost gone and I am becoming more and more confident while walking with each passing day. I have added more exercises to my everyday routine so as to have even stronger muscles. Bygone are the days of a comfortable bed (all for good). Hope everyone else is also doing great. :)

InFullStryde

« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2019, 04:36:36 AM »

Your walk is looking good! Great progress.  I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.  Nice job, man.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Adward

« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2019, 08:48:15 AM »

Your walk is looking good! Great progress.  I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.  Nice job, man.

Thanks bud, for your hope-filled message.

Adward

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2019, 08:36:14 PM »

How are you doing Sanity? How's your journey going on?

Adios

« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »

How are you doing Sanity? How's your journey going on?

sanity went to Russia.

California2

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2019, 12:54:34 AM »

Congratulations--it looks like you made much progress with consolidation since January.

It must feel good to be up and walking--I envy you and look forward to that day.

Adward

« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2019, 02:24:23 PM »

Congratulations--it looks like you made much progress with consolidation since January.

It must feel good to be up and walking--I envy you and look forward to that day.
Actually, I had this very same feeling before starting my journey. And yes, at times it was a bit scary and painful yet I knew that it was all for my greater good. It was then that I realized how much important these diaries are for LL newbies, as it's not just a source (semi-source) of information but also a source of support and encouragement. Here we call all speak about our insecurities openly. This is the place where we all understand each other and are not worried about being judged for our choices.
It is a place where we all can find solace. This forum gives us hope and confidence. And ultimately, it makes us brave thinking that we are all into this together for better or for worse.
Moral of the story is- If I am doomed so are they...in this case you all.....hahahaha ;D ;D ::) :o :o ::) ::)
And yes buddy you too will have a chance to gloat, flaunt or whatever and you too will have some friends who will envy you (in a good sense obviously)...hahahaha...just like me.  :) ;) ;)

Thanks a lot for your wishes and for such a cheerful message. And yes, we will all be with you in this life-transforming journey of yours :)

Adward

« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »

I can walk for much longer distances now but am still cautious. Muscle rigidity is still there but much lesser than before. Muscle rigidity is more pronounced specially when trying to stand after a period of rest, though it goes away quite quickly.

Akito

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2019, 02:33:22 PM »

Hi Adward
Need your help here, want to ask how did you work with your pain threshold and level of discomfort. I am feeling very low. I can really use your help here.

montahn

« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »

I can walk for much longer distances now but am still cautious. Muscle rigidity is still there but much lesser than before. Muscle rigidity is more pronounced specially when trying to stand after a period of rest, though it goes away quite quickly.

Hello, How much total you gain ??
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »

What is your size shoes US?, your foot looks very big
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

james2334

« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »

Hi Akito.  I am thinking of surgery in India.  Are you staying at a hotel?  I am the same Japanese as you.  I am concerned about India's environment and hygiene.  How is the environment in India?  Can you discuss in Japanese if you like?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up