Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA  (Read 29926 times)

Adward

Re: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 05:31:47 PM »

Pics of food from the guest house. They do all types of food - Thai, Indian, Continental, American, Arabian etc   :o

montahn

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »

Pics of food from the guest house. They do all types of food - Thai, Indian, Continental, American, Arabian etc   :o

Oh its looks yummy and tasty . how much average cost by day for this type of food ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:15:38 PM by montahn »
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

Adward

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 07:54:04 AM »

Oh its looks yummy and tasty . how much average cost by day for this type of food ?

Thanks

It's all covered in USD14000. If you order from outside then i.e is to be paid by yourself.

Adward

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 07:59:52 AM »

If anyone has some private enquiry then they can contact Harry directly. You can email him at heryshgr@gmail.com or WhatsApp at 9560867721.

montahn

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 09:22:11 AM »

It's all covered in USD14000. If you order from outside then i.e is to be paid by yourself.

Thanks adward. how much length you gain ??
162cm  goal 177cm

Adward

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

Thanks adward. how much length you gain ??

I have already gained 4 cm, still 3.5 cms to go.

montahn

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »

I have already gained 4 cm, still 3.5 cms to go.

total how many days it takes for 4cm ? & how many days takes for 3.5 cm ?
162cm  goal 177cm

Adward

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »

My x-rays after completion of 1 cm lengthening.

Adward

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

It depends on your situation. But on an average rule here is of 1 mm per day until 4cm, 0.75mm per day for 5.5cm and 0.5mm for the rest 2cm. You can calculate the days as per this and also some extra days for rest.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:12:25 PM by Adward »

Adward

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »

total how many days it takes for 4cm ? & how many days takes for 3.5 cm ?

It depends on your situation. But on an average rule here is of 1 mm per day until 4cm, 0.75mm per day for 5.5cm and 0.5mm for the rest 2cm. You can calculate the days as per this and also some extra days for rest.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:12:01 PM by Adward »

Adward

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 11:13:11 AM »

It is important to be patient while lengthening so as to have a fast recovery post frame removal surgery.

montahn

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »

It is important to be patient while lengthening so as to have a fast recovery post frame removal surgery.

Do you know any info for how much time takes to recovery ??
162cm  goal 177cm

Adward

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »

See 80-90% post 7.5 cm lengthening would require approximately 8-9 months and 100% would require another 6 months for consolidation. But you can return back to your daily routine after 9 months with some precautions like not jumping, running etc

Adward

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »

See I would suggest that at the end when you make a choice of doing LL you must make an informed decision and not based on just this or any forum. Meet your doctor, your physiotherapist and have a detailed discussion. So many people lie so many times, so you must be sure about your doctor and physio.  Let them also evaluate you and meanwhile you too keep real-time expectations about LL. So many patients do so many silly mistakes which costs them so much. Next thing is get it done, achieve your goal and stay happy.  8)

Adward

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »

Today I stood with my frames intact with the help of a walker. Most of my weight was on my shoulders with only 30-40% on my lower limbs. It was a great feeling.  8)

montahn

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2018, 08:27:40 PM »

Today I stood with my frames intact with the help of a walker. Most of my weight was on my shoulders with only 30-40% on my lower limbs. It was a great feeling.  8)

perfect keep posting
162cm  goal 177cm

Adward

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »

Today I stood for five minutes...3 minutes more than yesterday.  :D

Adward

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2018, 09:09:33 AM »

My latest x-ray which was taken just a few days ago.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »

Xrays look great and callus is starting to form 👍🏽 Keep it up Adward.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Adward

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2018, 10:19:59 AM »

Xrays look great and callus is starting to form 👍🏽 Keep it up Adward.

Thanks..positive reinforcement really helps a lot    8)
Best of luck to you too for your ongoing journey  :)

Arch

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »

I think the x-rays look good, keep posting updates brother!

Adward

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2018, 01:30:41 AM »

I think the x-rays look good, keep posting updates brother!

Thanks buddy

Adward

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2018, 01:41:40 AM »

I am slowly and steadily increasing my standing time. Any advice from previous LLers?

Adward

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2018, 11:27:38 PM »

X-ray of my right leg in the lateral view taken some days back.

rx100

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 02:18:53 AM »

why slowly and steadily .even i am doing lon lengthening but with the help of stretcher I walk to wash room five times  a day and lot of standing also.

Adward

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2018, 09:30:51 AM »

why slowly and steadily .even i am doing lon lengthening but with the help of stretcher I walk to wash room five times  a day and lot of standing also.

Mr. Magician post your video for all of us to see this medical wonder. You know that I am a doctor myself and you are talking crap like this with me. You know how many k-wires would be used, how much muscle immobility that would cause, nevertheless to speak nerve entrapment, pin cutting, reduced blood flow because of all this inbuilt swelling and pressure and chances of infection would be through the roof in such circumstances. Liers like you should be shunned off this forum. Better answer me with a video otherwise don't bother to reply.

By the way, it should be a walker, not a stretcher. Google it, you will get your answer.

Adward

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 05:32:18 AM »

I stood with walker against the door for complete 10 minutes today.  :)

Adward

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »

These days while doing physio I do get a bit of shin pain which is normal because of all the pressure it bears from my physio. Standing for 10 mins or so has become an easy task for me now.
I haven't taken much of analgesics in the last 1.5 month. Hope it goes on like this only.

I do upper body exercise twice every day, along with it I do take up lots of protein to help build my muscles. Time seems to be passing so fast now. Hope to see my complete result soon.  8)

Body Builder

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 09:46:53 AM »

That has to be the most unstable Ilizarovs I ever saw.
If I were you I wouldn't stand much after about 3cm because I think that these pins will bend and you'll risk malunion.

Keep strong!

Adward

« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2018, 02:01:26 PM »

That has to be the most unstable Ilizarovs I ever saw.
If I were you I wouldn't stand much after about 3cm because I think that these pins will bend and you'll risk malunion.

Keep strong!

Thanks for the advice and please don't mind but I think you are naive as far as LL (especially LON) is concerned.  I don't see a doctor's degree in hands of many people here who comment totally illogical things here. First of all, what purpose would it serve if I do standing before 3 cm and not after it? You know to stand here is to avoid having ballerina and increase blood flow to the peripheries of my lower extremities.
The second thing is that LL started with Ilizarov's frame and thus if it wasn't a stable technique with guaranteed results it would have been rooted out of medical practice long ago. How come is this frame unstable I don't understand? You know pin loss happens when pins are loose which cause K-wires passing through bones to loosen up and thus causing pin loss. My pins are tightened every 10th day for this reason, as I have already mentioned before.
I went through your medical case and found out that what you did was monorail on tibias which if you ask any doctor is a big no-no for cosmetic limb lengthening. 
Thirdly you said there are chances of malunion, buddy again read carefully and apply logic, it's L-O-N i.e lengthening over a nail which implies there is a nail or in laymen terms a bar or a rod which is composed of hard metal and thus there can not be malunion because the rod won't bend this easily.

If you want I can put up your X-rays here demonstrating what a malunion is because your fibula demonstrates it very well in your X-rays. Please don't talk rubbish unless you have first-hand medical experience. Please don't mind it, but it's my ethical responsibility as a doctor to stop such medical littering which misleads future LLers.

See I don't want to upload your picture to everyone and show what mistakes have been done with your surgery but if you want I can do that. Those who want can visit your diary and see for themselves. I just want to state one fact very clearly here that many of LLers are just naive patients and not doctors thus they make statements which are fully wrong and disastrous. I don't know about your country but doing such a thing in Singapore or Malaysia can bring you a lawsuit.

Please don't take it otherwise buddy.

Body Builder

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2018, 04:00:22 PM »

I agree that monorails are not a good choice. But I was 22 back then and also only a few diaries existed before almost 10 years so my knowledge about LL was minimum.
If I'd do again tibias I'd never use monorails.

But telling to someone that did LL 8 years before you and has studied a lot about LL (except from his own experience) and also plans about a new one, is a sign of stupidity.

Yes, Ilizarov is a great technique but your fixaton has only a few rods, is not an hexapod and it is completely unstable compared to good frames like the ones Catagni uses or the far superior taylor spatial.
Doing external LL without an hexapod is a bad choice. Doing LL on India is a worse even choice.
And finally, the more you lengthen the more the risks if the fixator is unstable. Thats why I told you to not stand a lot after 3 cm.
But your ignorance won't let you understand what I am saying, so do whatever you want. After all, going to an unknown doctor in India to do LL is a great risk on its own so you'll need luck to reach till the end successfully.
But I really wish you'll have it, as I want any LL'er to have successful outcomes.
So, good luck to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up