Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 110524 times)

NormalPlayer

• Visitor
Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

Good to hear that!
May I ask do you acknowledge that internal tibias may cause permanent knee pain?I am quite afraid and so I am still considering Paley. Can you tell me more about that please? (I heard that although Paley is the best LL surgent, he still will split your patella tendon to insert nails, is that true?)

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2019, 12:35:38 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience with us again! Could you inform us the stretches you did before your tibias surgery? Thanks!

MyEvolution

« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2019, 03:33:59 PM »

Stretches are on page 8!!

UPDATE: just finished walking around the whole block using the walker. Guys idc what anyone says Tibias are WAAAAAAAAY easier!! Yes there is lots of pain but its way more managable than those big femurs and glutes
I have a feeling this is gonna be a lot easier :)
I get discharged tomorrow

maxheight35

« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2019, 05:40:56 AM »

Any idea on when you’ll get the Stryde taken out of the femurs? Will that be 2 more surgeries to remove femurs + tibias, or can they do both in 1 go?

Dylansaga

• Visitor
« Reply #283 on: September 27, 2019, 08:55:48 PM »

Are you planning to do arm lengthening?

I'm guessing your proportions are going to start looking a little bit off after passing the 5'9 mark, but anyways congrats bro.

Post pics and videos  ;D that'd be great.

MyEvolution

« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »

Lool na im gonna be fine
When i was 5’5 my boxing trainer told me I should use my reach to my advantage

Michael01

« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2019, 11:09:04 PM »

Why don't you stop at 5cm? 3cm will not make a difference in your height and it will make a huge difference in your recovery.

MyEvolution

« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2019, 11:24:44 PM »

Man fk that, i’m going to recover fully regardless, noway in hell I am leaving 3cm on the table
There’s way too much talk on this forum about ppl being worried they wont recover well blah blah
Even ppl were suggesting only doing 6.5cm on femurs which is sucha myth, i fully recovered

8cm baby lets go

Michael01

« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2019, 11:30:40 PM »

Well, it's your legs, you do what you want. I think 8cm you will need ATL, and it's hard to believe you will recover well after that.

Could you run as fast as before after 1 year doing 8cm in femurs?

Could you please do a update after 2 years after tibia surgery with videos running?

maxheight35

« Reply #288 on: September 28, 2019, 03:50:34 AM »

Any idea on when you’ll get the Stryde taken out of the femurs? Will that be 2 more surgeries to remove femurs + tibias, or can they do both in 1 go?

Any response to this @MyEvolution ?

MyEvolution

« Reply #289 on: September 29, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »

Any response to this @MyEvolution ?
Next yr i’ll come back and take both femurs and tibs out sane time

Yo update: i an able to sleep on my side!! This is something that took me 3 weeks with femurs

maxheight35

« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »

Next yr i’ll come back and take both femurs and tibs out sane time

Yo update: i an able to sleep on my side!! This is something that took me 3 weeks with femurs

wow! that's great to hear about femurs/tibs removed at same time + you can sleep on the side. Not gunna lie man, you've sold me on getting this surgery done and have made me feel a lot more confident about this. You and @Movie :)

Movie

« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2019, 08:13:47 AM »

Haha thanks LittleLA, I just hit 5 CMs today so stoked about that thank god everything so far is going fairly well

MyEvolution: haha you're a crazy dude, coming from another crazy dude that's a compliment >:) I know you're gonna achieve your goal and recover fully bro, no other way around it, you got dis letsgetit
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

MyEvolution

« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »

Yesss Movie get it :)
Be warned, 5.5cm is where I had the most nerve pain EVER. But i kept stretching and lengthening and it went away around 6.2cm
From then on there was no more pains
If u ever have a concern feel free to hit me up, get that 8 baby

MyEvolution

« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2019, 06:41:56 PM »

Hey guys jus wanted to give you a meaningful scoop
Couple days ago i said that i went around the hospital walking zone a couple times no problem. This is true however I dnt want you thinking I am doing this type of walking everyday because I am not. In fact, like i said i’m taking a much “lazier” approach.
Last yr i overdid it and had crazy inflammation week1-3
This time around I am only getting out of bed when I need to and even then, i’m litterally just transferring to my wheelchair. Even using the pee thing from bed. Jus wanted to give you guys a realistic view because i do NOT want u guys trying to physically push urself week1-3 you WILL & I repeat you WILL regret it.
This is not a race, take it slow avoid inflammation at any cost

Movie

« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »

Yesss Movie get it :)
Be warned, 5.5cm is where I had the most nerve pain EVER. But i kept stretching and lengthening and it went away around 6.2cm
From then on there was no more pains
If u ever have a concern feel free to hit me up, get that 8 baby
yeah bro I think I might be building up to there lately been dreading lengthening lol been having small nerve pains since 4.5CMs and they just keep getting a little worse and worse every couple days, hopefully by 6.2CMs they subside for me as well, all temporary though I ain't no weak nigga, I got this lol. you already knooow baybeee 8cms #Minimum
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

maxheight35

« Reply #295 on: October 01, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »

have you guys thought about getting stem cell injections to speed up recovery? also what about hiring a massage therapist to hit those legs a few times per week? @MyEvolution @Movie

MyEvolution

« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »

Hey LL community need some advice from pro Tibs

So far tibs has been waaaay easier than femurs gotta say
I was having hot flashes this week because I wanted to see if I can go through the whole day no pain killers no tylenol, bad plan. Had strong fever like symptoms till i resumed my oxy and tylenol

Besides that i been on top of my stretching, 3x / day + PT

But
We gotta wear the tibia shoes?! They are soo uncomfortable and I dnt rven feel a stretch rn, all I feel is blood circulation getting cut off and my feet go numb after wearing them. WHAT DO I DO?! Only thing i feel guilty about is not wearing them cause they litterally hurt

Any advise?!

Leggs

« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »

MyEvolution-

Tibia's are a walk in the park compared to femurs (when using Stryde) pun was intentional...

The one aspect of Dr. Paley's tibia protocol that needs to be addressed are those universal fit tibia boots, while medically beneficial they are horribly uncomfortable, your best solution is to purchase custom fit boots, they offer a dramatic improvement. Dr. Paley should be using custom fit boots on every patient, I don't understand why he still uses those universal fit boots, they work, but custom fit is the answer.

The next time I see Dr. Paley i'm going to give him a piece of my mind for still using those one size fits all style boots.

For a reference look up Iamready patient experience.

Keep up the great work buddy, post some walking videos, there are no Stryde walking videos of a tibia patient, so you'd be the first and only, which would make you special in my eyes, and as you know that's what's important in life  ;)

MyEvolution

« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »

Lmaooo!! Ironically Paley actually made everyone this yr custom shoes. A guy game in, did measurements and molds etc
Problem is this shoe is made out of frikken plastic it hurts like crazy
Thinking of ordering the ones off Amazon heard they comfy

NormalPlayer

• Visitor
« Reply #299 on: October 05, 2019, 10:41:42 PM »

May I ask that do you acknowledge doing internal tibia has higher risk of getting permanent knee pain due to the splitting of patella tendon? If yes, csn you tell me what still motivated you to do internal tibia with Paley. Thanks!

MyEvolution

« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2019, 01:19:50 AM »

May I ask that do you acknowledge doing internal tibia has higher risk of getting permanent knee pain due to the splitting of patella tendon? If yes, csn you tell me what still motivated you to do internal tibia with Paley. Thanks!

dude idk what ur going on about. Im not gonna get permanent knee pain my knee pain is going away very fast. Internal tibs are way better than external and Paley is best of the best IMO. I got 8cm with femurs, I know all the PT people, i am comfortable, i like florida idk lmao im a simple guy

TemakiSushi

« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2019, 03:33:38 AM »

Cutting knee is practiced widely by orthopedists
Only crappy and sloppy doctors have very high risk of leaving bad permanent damages by cutting knees
Also those doctors who say pure external is the best because it doesn’t cut knees, they are the ones who don’t know the good techniques, it’s merely their excuse for not having enough knowledge of IM nails to tibias

And risks are not just knee pains by cutting knees in this surgery anyways
Many get knee pains even without inserting IM nails due to malalighments, lengthening too much, damaging nerves, having severe knee or joint contracture etc..

I would never trust or choose a doctor who recommend or does mainly pure external
Even with a very slight malalighment can cause knee pains or arthritis, so I would recommend you to do very through research about tibia experts

Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

NormalPlayer

• Visitor
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2019, 07:19:30 AM »

Thanks for your answering! I mean no offence and if I did, I apologize for that. The reason I asked this is because people in LL forum always says even Paley will split the tendon to cause permanent knee pain and I am quite afraid of gaining permanent complications.
Hope that you can recover quickly and stay healthy. Look forward to see more of your progress!

MyEvolution

« Reply #303 on: October 07, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »

Hey guys, Day 13 since surgery “hell week” is almost over. Honestly tibias have been pretty pain free, idk why. My theory is that I stretched ALOT before surgery & also started stretching 3x /day as soon as I could. Thing that does suck tho is those shoes omfg

Yesterday i went from 0 pain —> 8 throbbing pain after wearing that stupid  . Pain got so high last night had to take an oxy before bed. I ordered the amazon ones that are cushiony they look way comfier gonna try that

But also like why do we even have to wear these shoes if we r on stryde? We can walk around alot i think the shoes were meant for people who couldnt walk like precise
I read Shortlivesmatter diary and he hit 6cm no shoes and said he only stopped cause he wanted to go home

Thoughts?

Michael01

« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

What do you think it is easier to walk: with broken femurs or broken tibias? What nail diameter Paley used in your tibia?

MyEvolution

« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2019, 06:10:54 PM »

100% easier to walk with broken tibias. Everyone is underestimating how crazy femurs actually are, it seems somewhat barbaric now thinking in hind·sight. Glutes you have to worry about WAY more inflammation, crazy stuff

Update: So i've talked to Physical therapy and I've reduced my PT sessions from 5x/week to 3x/week for now because I want to start saving them up for the months of december/january when im REALLY gonna need it.You only get a total of 60 PT visits which means if i went the regular 5x/week id run out around mid december putting me around 6cm which is NO GOOD

also the amazon splints are way better! wore them for 4 hours yesterday, today we're gonna see how long I can wear them for. eventually goal is to sleep with them, slowly working my way up to them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PX5HM9O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
these r them in case yall wondering, way better than Paley's

not much pain today, off the oxy, just taking tylenol to keep away fever like symptoms.

this year instead of having crazy inflammation like last year I was getting hot sweats, almost fainted like twice just from getting super hot and not taking any pain medication which isnt smart. as long as I take my tylenol the fevers go away

alright fellas I'll check in when i have something more

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:31:37 PM by MyEvolution »

MyEvolution

« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »

Update: Day 17 post op
Just traded in my walker for a set of crutches & they feel way better!

Its crazy everytime i go into pt i get SO many comments on how much more flexible I am than average. Guys I emplore you to prep for your surgery and use my stretch regime!! It’s REALLY starting to pay off feels good to be this flexible

Anywhom nothing much, xrays monday ttyl

MyEvolution

« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »

Update:
The last 3 days have been misery for me.  Sunday I woke up with a crazy fever so I went to the hospital to get checked for any blood clots. Turns out I have an infection on one of my sites, close to my ankle which is concerning I must admit. They said it’s only a superficcial skin infection and i’ve been taking anti biotics since. Hope this thing clearly up. It has been getting better not as much puss coming out but obviously no one likes these things to happen. Worried but i have faith it’ll b okay

CodyTheDog

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2019, 01:49:43 AM »

Update:
The last 3 days have been misery for me.  Sunday I woke up with a crazy fever so I went to the hospital to get checked for any blood clots. Turns out I have an infection on one of my sites, close to my ankle which is concerning I must admit. They said it’s only a superficcial skin infection and i’ve been taking anti biotics since. Hope this thing clearly up. It has been getting better not as much puss coming out but obviously no one likes these things to happen. Worried but i have faith it’ll b okay

I'm sorry this happened to you! Hope you are okay.

1. Out of curiosity, did you just call 911 and get picked up in the middle of the night? I guess I've never thought about how a hospital works but I guess they have doctors 24/7?

2. I have a totally unrelated question too. Something I'm wondering about is what things are routine pain/tightness and what pains / problems are definitely hospital worthy. I guess there is the cautious strategy of going to the hospital if someone is not sure but still I am trying to get a sense of what kinds of pain/problems don't require such a visit. (unrelated to your case, where you definitely had to go to the hospital)

CodyTheDog

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2019, 01:52:18 AM »

Well, it's your legs, you do what you want. I think 8cm you will need ATL, and it's hard to believe you will recover well after that.

Could you run as fast as before after 1 year doing 8cm in femurs?

Could you please do a update after 2 years after tibia surgery with videos running?

What does ATL stand for?

I second this question on the tibias too. We're all a bit nervous about how internal tibias go in the long run so it'd be great to hear about it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up