Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109603 times)

Batu

• Visitor
Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #589 on: April 19, 2020, 06:42:19 AM »

Its like going from a charmander in pokemon
To a charmeleon, and stopping there
No
You wanna go for the charizard

I always thought Charmeleon was really cool and it sucked that Ash never gained full control over him... maybe I should only do the one surgery  ;D

I get what you're saying though. It's very strange contemplating being 5'11" after living life at 5'5.5, no doubt it would be pretty damn cool to be that height. I could always imagine being a bit taller, around 5'9" but I never bothered thinking about the 6' range.

If I was still in my early 20's I'd consider that, being early thirties it seems like the process may be a bit too long to do both. I don't want to be of the mind that I want to get it done ASAP and put it behind me, it's a long road from the pre-surgery preparations and the recovery after the surgery. I  think if you do take up the challenge and overcome it, you should carry that with you for the rest of your life as a positive thing rather than put it behind you.

That being said after putting in the work and recovering it would be good to start enjoying the additional height rather than the entire process not being complete for another year+.

But that also being said, it's a different world today! Early thirties is still pretty young in terms of "the rest of your life", or maybe with some patients it doesn't matter how old you are if you won't be truly happy until you hit a certain height.

FormerKidd

« Reply #590 on: April 19, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »

That is correct! 5’6 would have been a great starting point, but i wouldnt have done this in the first place if i wasnt planning on going all the way
5’6–> 5’9 is def way better than 5’4&1/2 —> 5’8 but that was never the plan
I woulda been content with my life but
Tbh LL is one of the hardest things ive ever had to do in my life and for the amount of sacraficing to go on this journey it would only be worth it to end up super happy, which woulda been 5’11-6’1 (with a 5’5&1/2 - 5’6) starting point
5’9 is cool
But its not like a 5’11-6’1 different ball park
Its like going from a charmander in pokemon
To a charmeleon, and stopping there
No
You wanna go for the charizard

Granted I haven't fully recovered yet from my second surgery, but honestly the jump to 5'6 -> 5'8/5'9 seemed a lot more valuable than the one to 5'10/5'11, I think because in the first case you're going from short to average whereas to feel the effects of really being tall, you really gotta be like 6'1+.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #591 on: April 20, 2020, 12:41:50 AM »

LOLLLL at your people thinking you're 6 ft. The general perception of height, especially amongst men, is so distorted it can get comical. Glad you are enjoying your height man, we've come a long way. Cheers bro.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

MyEvolution

« Reply #592 on: April 20, 2020, 06:05:00 PM »

LOLLLL at your people thinking you're 6 ft. The general perception of height, especially amongst men, is so distorted it can get comical. Glad you are enjoying your height man, we've come a long way. Cheers bro.
Hahahha ikr whatever its funny
Bet ppl saying ur like 6’2 eh

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #593 on: April 20, 2020, 10:34:32 PM »

How's your gait and consolidation. Now that you've done pretty much everything, when do you think you'll make a 90% recovery? 10 months? 15 months? 2 years?
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #594 on: April 21, 2020, 02:40:56 PM »

Hahahha ikr whatever its funny
Bet ppl saying ur like 6’2 eh

Yep it's funny. Old friends/colleagues who have claimed 6 ft all our lives are now an inch or two shorter than me. I just smile and laugh when it gets brought up.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

sickkkkk

• Visitor
« Reply #595 on: April 21, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »

How long did it take to start jumping post-op from stryde femurs vs stryde tibias? Which one do you feel you healed faster?

Tyler14

• Visitor
« Reply #596 on: May 10, 2020, 03:06:35 AM »

Hey MyEvolution
Your forum is very helpful and informing, can you please check PM I need your help.

184dream

« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »

About the tendon release surgery what did the doctor told you about biceps femoris. It band. Did you meet an older patient

MyEvolution

« Reply #598 on: June 30, 2020, 02:51:10 AM »

Wow, now that the market and downtown & patios have been open, I have really started running into a lot of people I used to know and let me tell you one thing, if you’re ready for a huge life change this is it

On average 9/10 people have commented on my height, guys that i used to know go crazy and be like hooly shiit did u grow dude ur huge
And i jus laugh it off and try to agree with whatever they say to rub it off or use the hgh excuse

Girls as well have been taking notice too
I used to know this girl who was like 5’10 and there are alot of situations where I am taller than her now she acting different too ;)

Guys who i used to think are 6’0 are barely even taller like 1/2 n inch
So a lot of ppl who have been shocked at my height have guess that “woah dude ur probably like 6’0 now so

Its amazing i’m glad i did this and pushed theough every single cm
I am happy i was able to have all your support & throughout this journey be inspired to break through barriers and inspire you guys too

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #599 on: June 30, 2020, 03:04:29 AM »

What's your original and current height now? And how much did you do for Femurs, how much for Tibias. Just to summarize

How's your gait and recovery going as well? Can run yet?

Congrats MyEvolution.

User requested self-ban.

Dreamer57

« Reply #600 on: July 01, 2020, 12:47:34 PM »

you are one crazy motherfker bro!! I mean its just incredible.....can you like walk normally now? like without ppl tking notice, lke nothing ever happened(just concerned with gait n not your dramatic height gain).......nd hows your proportions.....does anybody ever find weird about it? cuz this....is some legendary  !

kumbaya

« Reply #601 on: July 10, 2020, 01:28:20 AM »

Hey Evo,

We can we get a photo of your final results?

Most people planning to do femur + tibia dwell on the proportions issue.

¿ Do you feel yours changed too much or on a daily basis is it barely noticeable?

Shorty_NoMore

• Visitor
« Reply #602 on: July 12, 2020, 04:59:52 PM »

MyEvolution or others, if your original height is 5'4 and a half, then your 'banana' is normal/large size based on that height.
When you become higher to 5'9-5'11, your banana size stays the same.

Have this ever become a problem with the girl when in bed?
Of course you can improve your skill, but still physically it's a banana (d1ck) of 5'4 on a person with height 5'9+.

MyEvolution

« Reply #603 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:51 PM »

Hey Evo,

We can we get a photo of your final results?

Most people planning to do femur + tibia dwell on the proportions issue.

¿ Do you feel yours changed too much or on a daily basis is it barely noticeable?
Ill post a photo for you guys this week and you can decide for yourself

Id say i look sexy lmao proportions is an illusion

MyEvolution

« Reply #604 on: July 12, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »

MyEvolution or others, if your original height is 5'4 and a half, then your 'banana' is normal/large size based on that height.
When you become higher to 5'9-5'11, your banana size stays the same.

Have this ever become a problem with the girl when in bed?
Of course you can improve your skill, but still physically it's a banana (d1ck) of 5'4 on a person with height 5'9+.

That’s not nessesarily true, unless you’re like under 5’0 i think there is a median where your height doesnt effect your banana
 Not all 6’0 guys conclusively have a bigger banana than other guys

If you are concerned about this lookup stuff im sure there are ways to increase that too

Tomhard

« Reply #605 on: July 12, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »

Hey MyEvolution.
Im doing Tibia Lenghtening (internal Betzbone) at the moment im at 2.1 cm and planing to do 5-5.5cm.
My question for you is:
1. When did you start to pratice walking the stairs? After finishing lengthening ?
2. And when did you get rid of crutches and were you walking a lot or did you do more stretching than walking?

kingjesse

« Reply #606 on: July 29, 2020, 12:55:34 AM »

Hi mate I’ve been reading your diary, true inspiration. Now you’ve gone through the whole process, how are you keeping? Walking fine? Exercise? Everyday tasks? And any regrets. Top stuff geez.

joonjang

• Visitor
« Reply #607 on: July 30, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »

Hey MyEvo, Im thinking about getting tibia LL with donghoon. Besides the height what are the things you have gained from the surgery and what have you lost in return? Some folks who have had Tibia LL complain about not being able to exercise as before (not even a 20min jogging) and that really worries me. Have you also noticed any enlarged calves to thenpoint where you have to choose your jeans based off your calf size?

To sum up
1. Post op gain / loss
2. Post tibia LL sport activity recovery
2. Calf enlargement

Thanks a lot!

ididUrMIM

« Reply #608 on: July 30, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »

Ill post a photo for you guys this week and you can decide for yourself

Id say i look sxxy lmao proportions is an illusion

Don’t bother posting anything. Anytime anyone has posted a picture on these forums, they have been bombarded with negativity and judgement. Last thing you want mate is for your picture to come up on google search.

Tyler14

• Visitor
« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2020, 05:51:24 AM »

Hey Myevolution
I’m in the same situation as you, I did my femurs last year and now I’m booking to do my Tibias (stryde) next month hopefully.
Can you please help me with equipment or stuff you bought to help you along the journey with Tibias. I’m already familiar with leg lengthening since I did my femurs but I know tibias are different.
So far I purchased the leg stretcher for calves (the one you shared in your post) and have been using it to stretch daily to get ready.
What else should I buy or do to help me along this journey?
Thank you

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2020, 06:41:08 AM »

MyEvo. You still alive bro? Would love to see them pics 🙂

User requested self-ban.

MyEvolution

« Reply #611 on: September 02, 2020, 03:49:22 AM »

Hey guys been a while time for a meaningful update:

Ive always been transparent with you guys and theres something I need to tell you guys
You remember when I did that re break surgery in january? For those who dont know, i did tibs in september 2019, then in january 2020 i re broke my right tibia
When I did this, my leg got an infection
At the time i didnt think it was worth reporting because I thought it was only temporary
Anyway, for the last 6 months i’ve had an infection at one of my wound sites that hasnt gone away
I was told to take antibiotics to keep it at bay
It ruined my life honestly
I havnt been able to make much progress because of it
It used to keep me up at night, big red bump, drainage, and this entire summer was an L because I could not go swimming at all since I had an infection i cant get wet

Ive had nurses come see me every 2-3 days in Canada to take care of me thank god for the canadian health system

fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I had a flush surgery in canada where they removed the rod in the infected area & have been putting me on Vancomycin ever since
For some reason at the paley institute they were never able to identify the culture bacteria? But in Canada they identified it as CONS (coagulase negative staphylococcus). This infection is something that only usually happens from having a surgery specifically because the bacteria attached to the hardware. Now that the hardware has been removed i have 0 pain and am finally starting to make recovery progress again. I cant believe this infection has persisted till now. I am currently reaquired to have an IV picc line attached to my arm till october first maybe they can switch me to pill form?

Anyway just thought id give you guys a meaningful update. Even if you go to the best of the best there is still a risk, like an infection. Do not take ANY risks and go somewhere sketchy, this could have gone VERY bad if I took a chance and went somewhere sketch. At least at the Paley institute they managed to keep it under control until It was OK for the rod to be removed.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the medical team in Canada and we will discuss further plans to remove the other rods & evaluate my condition

Hopefully I get cleared to return to the gym tomorrow so I can continue working out legs because I was making decent progress before I had this rod removed

Will keep you guys updated!! If you guys have any experience in this matter leave a comment!

frenchie

« Reply #612 on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »

That's tough luck MyEvolution. Canadian healthcare is indeed amazing and you're blessed to be eligible to receive it. I'm glad you're getting through this. You seem to have qualities of a good patient: optimism, hard work and listening to the doctors.

About Paley: He is a great doc no doubt, but in my humble opinion we should all refrain from calling anyone THE BEST. It goes against the principles of science. I also dislike how Paley repeatedly asserts his greatness every chance he gets. That's just odd. Most surgeries, most Precice nails implanted, yada yada yada. Father of LL. Taught everyone else LL. I guess it's true after all, but why state that so often?

The initial complication that required a rebreak was entirely their fault. And then there was an infection and they didn't detect it all through the distraction phase? Daily PT, weekly visits to Paley, x-rays taken and no one recognized it? Doesn't look good on them man. Doctors should spend more time with patients.

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #613 on: September 02, 2020, 12:55:19 PM »

How did you break your right tibia?
Keep your chin up, the rest will get better.

MyEvolution

« Reply #614 on: September 02, 2020, 01:32:26 PM »

What happened was my left tibia reached 6cm
And my right only made it to 4.8cm
So they told me listen either u shorten and be done
Or re break right
So obvs i re broke the right
And i continued to lengthen the left
I hit 8cm on my left
And then my right got stuck AGAIN at 6.2cm
So then i was forced pretty much to shorten my left by 1cm so they are almost the same length. I came in with my right a little longer actually didnt even know so it all worked out but thats why I re broke! There was no way i was giving up 3cm in gains lmao

Tomhard

« Reply #615 on: September 02, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »

What happened was my left tibia reached 6cm
And my right only made it to 4.8cm
So they told me listen either u shorten and be done
Or re break right
So obvs i re broke the right
And i continued to lengthen the left
I hit 8cm on my left
And then my right got stuck AGAIN at 6.2cm
So then i was forced pretty much to shorten my left by 1cm so they are almost the same length. I came in with my right a little longer actually didnt even know so it all worked out but thats why I re broke! There was no way i was giving up 3cm in gains lmao

So how much did you lenghtened on both sides now?
There seemed to be many complications

a

• 5'9
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »

MyEvolution,

I wish you a good recovery.
Mind If you tell me what your wingspan/sitting height was?

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Hagane

« Reply #617 on: September 02, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »

Ive always been transparent with you guys and theres something I need to tell you guys
You remember when I did that re break surgery in january? For those who dont know, i did tibs in september 2019, then in january 2020 i re broke my right tibia
At the time i didnt think it was worth reporting because I thought it was only temporary
Anyway, for the last 6 months i’ve had an infection at one of my wound sites that hasnt gone away
It used to keep me up at night, big red bump, drainage, and this entire summer was an L because I could not go swimming at all since I had an infection i cant get wet

Ive had nurses come see me every 2-3 days in Canada to take care of me thank god for the canadian health system

fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I had a flush surgery in canada where they removed the rod in the infected area & have been putting me on Vancomycin ever since
For some reason at the paley institute they were never able to identify the culture bacteria? But in Canada they identified it as CONS (coagulase negative staphylococcus). This infection is something that only usually happens from having a surgery specifically because the bacteria attached to the hardware. Now that the hardware has been removed i have 0 pain and am finally starting to make recovery progress again. I cant believe this infection has persisted till now. I am currently reaquired to have an IV picc line attached to my arm till october first maybe they can switch me to pill form?

Anyway just thought id give you guys a meaningful update. Even if you go to the best of the best there is still a risk, like an infection. Do not take ANY risks and go somewhere sketchy, this could have gone VERY bad if I took a chance and went somewhere sketch. At least at the Paley institute they managed to keep it under control until It was OK for the rod to be removed.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the medical team in Canada and we will discuss further plans to remove the other rods & evaluate my condition

Hopefully I get cleared to return to the gym tomorrow so I can continue working out legs because I was making decent progress before I had this rod removed

Will keep you guys updated!! If you guys have any experience in this matter leave a comment!

sorry to hear that man
hope you have a speedy recovery
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

brondo

« Reply #618 on: September 02, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

I'm new to this site and to the world of limb lengthening. I have enjoyed reading your diary and want to thank you for being transparent. However, this incident of yours has me getting cold feet about limb lengthening. Was the re break due coming from yourself or the doctor? What is the likelihood of getting an infection through this procedure? Me personally, I just want to do femurs for 5cm with Stryde under Dr. Mahboubian. I want to be as safe as possible. I realize there will always be a risk, but from what I know people who do femurs make it through pretty easily. Do tibias cause more complications? This is also disappointing that this happened under Doctor Paley who is known as the godfather of this whole procedure. Should I be having second thoughts about this procedure even though I want to go the safest route possible?

Thanks
-brondo

snowcloud

• Visitor
« Reply #619 on: September 03, 2020, 01:54:11 AM »

Hi Evolution, can I ask when they remove your rod 3 weeks ago, have they put in another new rod or they just remove it 100%, hope you recover soon
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up