Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109630 times)

TinyTL

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »

Please do not do any youtube documentry etc. Most of us wants to stay in the shadows.

I agree with Doomsday.
By going youtube you make this surgery more mainstream. Like Hair transplant. If your colleague one day shows up with a weird new hairline and maybe a scar then everyone would know its hair transplant and in back of their mind will think "insecure".
I don't want LL to become like that. Today normal people don't know about it, when you turn up 5-6 cm taller they assume you got new hairstyle, lost weight or its just illusion. They won't think "oh maybe he had a surgery".

Please dont go mainstream

edit:
a guy who really suffers from height dysphoria will search on google and eventually find about LL so its not like you are making more short people aware of this. you are making more normal people know about this who in turn will bully us for getting LL.

Renaissance

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »

Hi MyEvolution,

It's your first night after surgery, hope you was able to sleep at least à little.

Keep up posted about your feeling.  First nights are probably the worst.

Be strong.

PS: personally I disagree with Doomsday and TinyTL but understand their concern.

We could debate about it later, it might be a place  to do it, maybe not and open a dedicated topic.
But it's certainly not the time to debate here.

Peace

MyEvolution

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

It's your first night after surgery, hope you was able to sleep at least à little.

Keep up posted about your feeling.  First nights are probably the worst.

Be strong.

PS: personally I disagree with Doomsday and TinyTL but understand their concern.

We could debate about it later, it might be a place  to do it, maybe not and open a dedicated topic.
But it's certainly not the time to debate here.

Peace

I see what you’re saying hmm.. ya I wouldnMt want to do that to the community
& ya you’re right, if someone is truly suffering like we all are(were) they will learn about LL

2nd day, still virtually no pain, slept like 9 hours prob gonna nap more right now. Nausea is gone thank goodness, I puked 5 times yesterday
Today I have my first Physio sesh, excited!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »

I actually think that it will be good if you will do a video diary. First it will raise your credibility and second it will be far more informative actually seeing the process rather than reading it.

Good luck and I wish you a safe and successful lengthening
I learned some stuff during this time

MyEvolution

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »

Update: Day2 feling really good still. I think this STRYDE technique is amazing. Did some physio excersises to get out of bed, managed to support my body weight touching the floor and then I got up and used a walker all by myself!! I don't think I'll need a wheelchair but we'll see

right Now I am using my labtop to get some work done. They said expect not to be able to do any work but, im about to edit a new video right now so this is great!!

will keep you guys updated

Bestrong

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

Thanks for your update and hope you are doing well.

What was the level of pain when you did PT, got out of bed and walked with a walker? How far could you walk after 2nd day PO?

Thank you.

cool

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »

Please post a video if you can. Just a walking and distraction video or something, since many of us are curious about revolutionary Stryde.
8)

ZUCC420

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 04:37:33 PM »

I am surprised at the assent of credence exhibited by the users in this post, I guess no one wants to know whether this guy is telling the truth or not. What matters is he's gonna lengthen to 5 inches while validating all the others of their aspirations. I say carry on, seems some people learn things the hard way.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Renaissance

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 12:11:56 AM »

Could you tell us about the painkiller they gave you. How many ? And at wich frequency you  have to take them .

Thanks.

And don't hesitate to post vidéo. But if not on YouTube, you will need a dedicated platform.
I remember leechlet post on YouTube.

Purushrottam

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 12:44:17 AM »

Your surgery was exactly 1 year after mine (Tuesday Sept 26 2017). All the best on your journey. This should be interesting because you are using STRYDE. We can do a side by side comparison and see how much of an impact it has on recovery.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

cool

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 12:14:36 PM »

I am surprised at the assent of credence exhibited by the users in this post, I guess no one wants to know whether this guy is telling the truth or not. What matters is he's gonna lengthen to 5 inches while validating all the others of their aspirations. I say carry on, seems some people learn things the hard way.

Yes, providing proof  (like x-rays, photos or videos) would make this more credible.
8)

totallyred

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 06:08:58 AM »

Yes, plz do the favour, plz provide the proof.

MirinHeight

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:42 AM »

Update: Day2 feling really good still. I think this STRYDE technique is amazing. Did some physio excersises to get out of bed, managed to support my body weight touching the floor and then I got up and used a walker all by myself!! I don't think I'll need a wheelchair but we'll see

right Now I am using my labtop to get some work done. They said expect not to be able to do any work but, im about to edit a new video right now so this is great!!

will keep you guys updated

wow the stryde nail is going to be so good for all future prospective pts. Please try to leave  proof as many have said. You can post video, pics, etc while still staying anonymous.

Also I am very interested to see when you are allowed to walk without walker/crutches and with proper gait. If you can walk with normal gait, prior to full consolidation, this nail will be a game changer if it isnt already

gl on your journey, this diary will be important for all of us.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

superusercj1

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

Any updates on your ability to ambulate and overall ability to take care of yourself?  Looking forward to hearing how you're doing!

MyEvolution

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2018, 06:07:42 PM »

OMG I CAN WALK!! I LITTERALLY AM IN SHOCK RIGHT NOW WTF
I took some videos will be posting soon
I know yall wanna see some Xrays & what not. I have some appointments next week i’ll ask for Xrays

Pilor

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »

What do you mean you can walk? Please define

MyEvolution

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 07:17:50 PM »

Posting a video for you just tryna reduce the file size

MyEvolution

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »

Here is a video of me walking 5 days post OP (2 parts)
I know you guys want Xrays, I'll see what I can get tomorrow when I go in for physio

As far as pain meds go, They had me on some IV pain meds called Toridol or something? I didn't really ask for any Narcotics
Yesterday I felt really uncomfortable so I took a 5MG of oxycotine

today I took two pills of tylenol as well as the aspirin blood thinner to prevent blood clots (have to take that every morning)

it's interesting cause till yesterday I was relying on the walker. Today i was curious to see if I could walk, so I had my caretaker stand with his hand out and I walked towards him while using his hand to balance (how toddlers learn to walk)
then i set up my walker against the wall
stood 1foot, 2 feet, 3,4,etc & walked towards it
soon after I started to just walk around

MyEvolution

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »

It's not letting me post the video for some reason, file size is 1.9MB if someone can tag an admin or something that would be appreciated

TIBIKE200

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »

if you have your face covered, upload it to youtube or another video site and simply put a link to the video
I learned some stuff during this time

cool

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 07:41:45 PM »

Yes uploading to Youtube from a second account is the safest and you can delete it whenever you want. You can make the video unlisted so that is not searchable.
8)

MirinHeight

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »

It's not letting me post the video for some reason, file size is 1.9MB if someone can tag an admin or something that would be appreciated

just post youtube link
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

MyEvolution

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »

Here is a video of me walking like a penguin

superusercj1

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2018, 08:32:18 PM »

wow this is a a true game changer, that's awesome!  Are you walking funny because of pain or because of muscle tightness/physical limitation? Looks like you're a bit waddling.  But this looks amazing.  The fact that you can walk is fantastic.

MyEvolution

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2018, 09:49:00 PM »

wow this is a a true game changer, that's awesome!  Are you walking funny because of pain or because of muscle tightness/physical limitation? Looks like you're a bit waddling.  But this looks amazing.  The fact that you can walk is fantastic.

Thank you!! I really think it’s cause my deadlift strength was super high before
It doesn’t hurt but i cant exactly walk straight yet because i can’t fully contract my thigh muscles yet so i gotta lean a little for now. Which makes sense since it was pretty revent
But stryde is def a game changer

Leggs

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »

That video looks great for only 5 days post surgery. Thank you for posting.

During your lengthening experience please keep posting videos, they are so incredibly helpful compared to just reading what someone writes. You never know the truth until you see it on video. Some videos of you performing physical therapy exercises at different stages of your lengthening & recovery would be so very much appreciated.

I'm curious what diameter Stryde nail you have in your femurs, how much you weigh, & how many days post surgery do you wait until you start lengthening?

Renaissance

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2018, 01:03:05 AM »

Wow impressive.

Congrats !! You're may be the new Leechlet, he posted a lot on YouTube on 2011 or 12 on old forum.   

What about the pain ? How do you feel and can you sleep.

Tell us  :)

TinyTL

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »

amazing after only 5 days!!
thanks for posting the video.

I don't know if its the camera angle but it looks like you have the torso of a tall person and really short legs. So in ohter words, you're going to look normal after LL!

MyEvolution

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2018, 10:38:49 PM »

amazing after only 5 days!!
thanks for posting the video.

I don't know if its the camera angle but it looks like you have the torso of a tall person and really short legs. So in ohter words, you're going to look normal after LL!
It’s true!! When i was in highschool (which is when i stopped growing) people would say that they expected me to stand taller when i standup
I also have longer than average arm reach for my height as my boxing instructor once told me

Now it’s time to just let everything play out & work hard

MyEvolution

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »

Today is the official day that I start actually lengthening. Paley said he wants all stature patients to begin on day 7
There was a micommunication though, i ended up lengthining on day 3 because of a mixup
Anywhom

Physio started Monday & here is what I quickly realized. Yes I can walk weight bearing under normal, full energy well rested days, but i’ve come to realize after doing 3-4 physio sessions daily, walking unassisted is just too taxing & exhuasting. I feel like today I just woke up having barely slept last night (another issue is i can’t seem to sleep without waking up 3-4 times/night while not taking pain meds. I dont wanna be addicted to pain meds tho so idk what to do)
Walking unassisted requires a full energy body so i’ve been using crutches more to get around.

Pilor

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for your update!

Did Paley say why he didn't want you to start lengthening right after surgery?
I was told patients should lengthen as soon as possible to avert early consolidation.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up