Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are many short people are against things like Leg Lengthening & lifts?  (Read 1534 times)

RobinKing44

• Visitor

Why do you feel there are so many short people especially online (like those on Reddit) that are against things like leg lengthening & elevator shoes?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:15:33 AM by RobinKing44 »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Cuz some people are content with who they are and they just don't want it.

There isn't a simple answer. Just do what you think is best for your life

Johnson1111

Lifts are bad for your ankles and feet.

Android

Because it doesn't solve the underlying problem which is height discrimination. Because they don't think surgery is the solution, that you should accept and be happy with your body. Because they think it's too expensive and/or barbaric.

It's like asking, why don't all overweight people get surgery? It's not that simple.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Because it doesn't solve the underlying problem which is height discrimination. Because they don't think surgery is the solution, that you should accept and be happy with your body. Because they think it's too expensive and/or barbaric.

It's like asking, why don't all overweight people get surgery? It's not that simple.

There is no such thing as height discrimination. Attractive qualities are always preferred. Otherwise soon there will be dck size discrimination. Lol

FormerKidd

There is no such thing as height discrimination.

Just because it's not as severe as other forms of discrimination, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It's also very much present outside of dating, for instance, in the workplace, where taller people are more likely to be promoted, and there's a positive correlation between income and height.

myloginacc

There is no such thing as height discrimination. Attractive qualities are always preferred. Otherwise soon there will be dck size discrimination. Lol

Just because it's not as severe as other forms of discrimination, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It's also very much present outside of dating, for instance, in the workplace, where taller people are more likely to be promoted, and there's a positive correlation between income and height.

Heightism just really falls under the umbrella of "Lookism", if you want to call it that. It's just a sub-branch.

Look at the employees of stores - specially clothing stores. They tend to be taller than average if men, and better looking/slimmer than average if women. Societies are superficial and managers know that. They also hire based on looks. It makes sense for them anywhere where people will see their employees. Height is just one of the factors in the looks of a man.

Regarding the positive correlation between income and height, that's just Americans, the Swedes, and the Dutch being obsessed with making these studies. I'm sure this would also hold true for attractive people (i.e. attractive people make more money on average, establishing a correlation). However, websites would be more reluctant to publish any such findings with the ease they publish those "findings" about height.

Android even posted, one day, a study showing that taller people made more money, on average, when employed by others, but there was no difference in income among the self-employed; no such correlation with height, in the latter case. It's just obvious that the best looking people will make more money in any workplace where their looks are an advantage, and that they will also have an easier time being hired.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Yeah of course. Says you're a hotel owner, of course you'd hire tall handsome people to decorate the reception area because short ugly people would drive the customers away creeping them out. For the security guards, also tall big men to make your guests feel secure. What's so strange about that?

wants2growtaller

Height does in fact matter in this world. And anyone who denies this fact doesn't want to give up their height privilege. Taller people get paid more,, are more respected and have better social life. They ae seen as superior especialy in Wester culture. It definitely isn't fair. ANd height prejudice isn't something that people talk about..but almost everyone has height prejudice.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

IwannaBeTaller

Lifts are bad for your ankles and feet.

If you wear high heels perhaps. 1,5 or 3 cm lifts won't hurt your ankles or feet apart from being uncomfortable in the short term.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

wants2growtaller

Re: Why are many short people are against things like Leg Lengthening & lifts?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 06:01:20 PM »

fk heels. Plus men wear healstoo... shoe lifts and boots. I never wear heels. It just seems stupid to me. ANd i always hated it. Plus everyone can see you are wearing heels. And what happens when the heels come off? Then what..no i want the advantages that tall people have. I want to be treated fairly in life.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

extremis

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 04:23:10 PM »

fk heels. Plus men wear healstoo... shoe lifts and boots. I never wear heels. It just seems stupid to me. ANd i always hated it. Plus everyone can see you are wearing heels. And what happens when the heels come off? Then what..no i want the advantages that tall people have. I want to be treated fairly in life.

For someone who complains about "sexism" this is a really sexist and disingenuous post. How can you even pretend for one second that shoe lifts and men's boots are anywhere near as close to being the same thing as high heels for women?

Men who are caught wearing shoe lifts, or doing ANYTHING that they perceive as an attempt to increase their height, are relentlessly mocked and shamed by mass media and the public at large. High heels are completely socially acceptable for women to wear. Boots may add 1 inch to a person's height (notice I said PERSON, boots are unisex), while high heels often add 4 or even more. No man wears 4 inch shoe lifts unless he WANTS to be caught (anything over a 1-inch insole is VERY obvious) and publicly humiliated. It's asinine to compare the two.

ZUCC420

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »

For someone who complains about "sxxism" this is a really sxxist and disingenuous post. How can you even pretend for one second that shoe lifts and men's boots are anywhere near as close to being the same thing as high heels for women?

Men who are caught wearing shoe lifts, or doing ANYTHING that they perceive as an attempt to increase their height, are relentlessly mocked and shamed by mass media and the public at large. High heels are completely socially acceptable for women to wear. Boots may add 1 inch to a person's height (notice I said PERSON, boots are unisxx), while high heels often add 4 or even more. No man wears 4 inch shoe lifts unless he WANTS to be caught (anything over a 1-inch insole is VERY obvious) and publicly humiliated. It's asinine to compare the two.

Glad to you see back posting, I thought you've finally left this godforsaken sxit-posting site with scrapes of relevance pertaining to limb lengthening.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

wants2growtaller

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 07:32:15 PM »

Nice try but your comment was stupid. Im against heels period. I don't wear them. ANd as a short woman it is more socially acceptable to wear heels. But I think its unrealistic. Im against wearing heels both moen and women. Dumbass.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »

Nice try but your comment was stupid. Im against heels period. I don't wear them. ANd as a short woman it is more socially acceptable to wear heels. But I think its unrealistic. Im against wearing heels both moen and women. Dumbass.

Why does everyones comments trigger you? Its hilarious 😂 btw heels make woman way more attractive you should try wearing them
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »

Why does everyones comments trigger you? Its hilarious 😂 btw heels make woman way more attractive you should try wearing them

I feel sorry for every manager at her nearest walmart

YellowSpike

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »

I know! She's always so damn angry and touchy! I'd imagine any of her issues have nothing to do with either her being short (lol) or her race, but rather for being a nut!

Mr.Bone

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 10:09:22 PM »

They don't want competition.
banned for trolling/racist
Pages: [1]   Go Up