Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019  (Read 49999 times)

lucindaris

Re: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2019, 01:57:53 AM »

You did 5 cm righty?

Ghostfish

« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2019, 06:47:41 AM »

Hi Great321
Congrats! Your bones looks much better!  I am so happy for you!  Hope you recover even faster!!
Best,

Great321

« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2019, 03:11:20 PM »

You did 5 cm righty?

Yes. (I hope I didn't lost anything after LATN surgery, I don't dare to check it yet)

I had initially lengthened only 4,3cm because I was afraid of getting too much ballerina foot but when my bone growth wasn't faster I lengthened 6 mm more after many months with a certain method by shortening and lengthening in a certain time span (with doctor's consent) I shortened 2mm again due to slow consolidation still, and before LATN I was allowed to lengthen again up until 5cm in total. It was stupid of me to stop at 4,3 in the beginning and it might have not been very wise to do the lengthening of 6mm as my consolidation was already slow but in the end I'm happy to have gained 5cm and not 4,3cm. The slow consolidation was worth it afterall.

Hi Great321
Congrats! Your bones looks much better!  I am so happy for you!  Hope you recover even faster!!
Best,

Thank you very much Ghostfish :)) I appreciate it!

lucindaris

« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »

I see. Thank you for the answer. Really appreciated, let me know about the final result after LATN surgery.

Gman23

« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »

Hi really impressed

How much did the surgery cost you?
What was your height before and after the surgery and did you do both femur and tibia or just one of them. I’m thinking of doing two surgeries as my goal is 10cm
Please let me know thank you !
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Great321

« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »

In the last days/weeks I made some improvements.

1. I can for example get into the car a lot easier. Before I needed the help of both of my hands while now I get into the car like normal people do.

2. I can sit on the floor (on my butt) by squatting a bit (one hand on the floor behind my back for support) and then lowering myself. With the same technique I can stand up again.

3. It's easier to get up from a lower seat

4. I can climb down stairs a bit faster (not 100% as before yet)

5. My "ballerina foot" is gone. At least to the extent that  I no more feel like standing on my toes a bit whenever I stand up after waking up or after a long time of sitting. I still stretch my calves though that still feel a bit tight in the mornings. (for the first couple of steps) If possible I want to stretch the calves/Achilles tendons even more since climbing down stairs will get better then.

Before LL standing was a passive activity. I was just standing wherever thinking about whatever. Now standing is something I do actively. I feel how my femur muscles work in order to let me stand straight and I think about whether I stand normally. When I look into the mirror I sometimes even tend to lean backwards because I'm still thinking that I have to compensate as I was used to leaning forward for the last year.

My muscles are definitely stronger than a few months ago but there is still a lot more potential. Because of christmas and new year I had to stop PT for more than 2 weeks. But next week I'll start again. (I only went to the gym) I was also able to increase the difficulty level of one of the machines I had troubles with for a longer time.

The areas at my lower knee and below are still very sensitive. If I accidentally walk into an object it hurts like 4 times more than it normally would.

Hi really impressed

How much did the surgery cost you?
What was your height before and after the surgery and did you do both femur and tibia or just one of them. I’m thinking of doing two surgeries as my goal is 10cm
Please let me know thank you !

roughly above 30.000€ (externals, latn, accomodation)

before:1,60m
after: 1,65m
only tibia

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:07:31 PM by Great321 »

MirinHeight

« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »

In the last days/weeks I made some improvements.

1. I can for example get into the car a lot easier. Before I needed the help of both of my hands while now I get into the car like normal people do.

2. I can sit on the floor (on my butt) by squatting a bit (one hand on the floor behind my back for support) and then lowering myself. With the same technique I can stand up again.

3. It's easier to get up from a lower seat

4. I can climb down stairs a bit faster (not 100% as before yet)

5. My "ballerina foot" is gone. At least to the extent that  I no more feel like standing on my toes a bit whenever I stand up after waking up or after a long time of sitting. I still stretch my calves though that still feel a bit tight in the mornings. (for the first couple of steps) If possible I want to stretch the calves/Achilles tendons even more since climbing down stairs will get better then.

Before LL standing was a passive activity. I was just standing wherever thinking about whatever. Now standing is something I do actively. I feel how my femur muscles work in order to let me stand straight and I think about whether I stand normally. When I look into the mirror I sometimes even tend to lean backwards because I'm still thinking that I have to compensate as I was used to leaning forward for the last year.

My muscles are definitely stronger than a few months ago but there is still a lot more potential. Because of christmas and new year I had to stop PT for more than 2 weeks. But next week I'll start again. (I only went to the gym) I was also able to increase the difficulty level of one of the machines I had troubles with for a longer time.

The areas at my lower knee and below are still very sensitive. If I accidentally walk into an object it hurts like 4 times more than it normally would.

roughly above 30.000€ (externals, latn, accomodation)

before:1,60m
after: 1,65m
only tibia

hey man great informative diary. Congrats on your recovery so far.
Just curious, how much do you weigh? I weight 175 so might decide to lose some weight if I want to do LATN with Giotikas in the future. Dont know how much weight bearing the nails are
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

llj

« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »

Sorry if this was already asked, but when do you plan on getting the Stryde part done?

How do the scars look like now?

Great321

« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2020, 08:43:06 PM »

I noticed that my calves don't feel tight anymore after waking up. My PT told me that the stronger my femurs get and the more I practice standing straight, the easier it will get. I actually stand more straight now than before LL.

hey man great informative diary. Congrats on your recovery so far.
Just curious, how much do you weigh? I weight 175 so might decide to lose some weight if I want to do LATN with Giotikas in the future. Dont know how much weight bearing the nails are

Not sure, maybe 58kg... I have gained weight since LL
Do you weigh 175kg? Dr. Giotikas actually only offers LON on his website. You should ask him if you can choose LATN instead. Can't remember anymore how much they weight bear, I'm sorry. But Dr. Giotikas/his staff usually replies within days.

Sorry if this was already asked, but when do you plan on getting the Stryde part done?

How do the scars look like now?

Regarding Stryde: not planned any time soon, most likely I won't do another surgery since my proportions now look good, it would look bad to do another LL

The LATN scars are barely visible. But the scars from the external method are quite visible, I assume they will look better with time but still not good enough. (in terms of: people will notice them right away when I wear short pants)

Great321

« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2020, 09:42:59 PM »

Update - Squatting Video

This is me squatting: https://i.imgur.com/7RautxJ.mp4

Still not back to normal but I will definitely get close to it since I am able to do more and more, things that I couldn't imagine doing weeks ago.

The only big challenges that are left are:

- kneeling on hard surfaces
- walking for a longer time without getting tired or getting small pains here and there

(I still have to exercise squatting and stuff but it's not that difficult anymore)

Things that I haven't tried yet because Dr. Giotikas wanted me to wait:

- running
- jumping (only a little bit)

Soon I'll get new X-rays.

Stepfast

• Visitor
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2020, 07:27:11 AM »

I hope you would get your target soon
Good luck

Nestor

« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »

Congrats man! You look like you got a great range of motion there.

Shadow91

« Reply #322 on: February 10, 2020, 01:51:32 AM »

Saw your last video, looks amazing. So happy for you mate! Keep going with the good work!

Great321

« Reply #323 on: February 10, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »

thank you guys! I appreciate your support!

Great321

« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »

New X-rays 21.02.2020 - About 5 months after LATN surgery

My local German orthopedist said that my X-rays look just fine and that I don't have to worry about the "dent". I sent the X-rays to Dr. Giotikas. Haven't talked to him yet. What bothers me is that I indeed have lost some height after LATN surgery. I don't know how to exactly measure my height but it seems that only my morning height is 1,65m. Later in the day I'm more like 1,64m. Depending which shoes I wear I can reach up to 1,68m though and since many people nowadays wear shoes with a big sole, they won't notice the height difference when I take off the shoes.

Front both tibias: https://i.imgur.com/oRJQ9VH.jpg

Right side: https://i.imgur.com/malAhT7.jpg

Left side: https://i.imgur.com/clNfclL.jpg

Interesting side fact: I had ordered shoes from Nike a few days ago and they had put shoe insoles (0,8cm) inside the shoe box which is an indicator that more and more people might wear shoe insoles "just for fun" even if they don't think that they're short

Movie

« Reply #325 on: February 21, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

how much height did you lose you think?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Great321

« Reply #326 on: February 21, 2020, 04:02:29 PM »

I don't know exactly but probably at least a couple of mm. That's what I also expected though. Well, I could have lengthened a bit more since other LL also mentioned that they have "lost" height after frame removal or else but the most important thing for me is that I'm happy to not have any ballerina foot anymore and that I didn't need ATL. So better to have a bit less height than ballerina foot and more complications.

Actually I could imagine to get a couple more cm with Stryde sometime but I would want to finance that myself and because of other reasons I would have to wait for 8+ years anyways. Who knows If I still think about it then.

Meck

« Reply #327 on: February 21, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »

I read your diary it sems im only get crazy cm and made second operation tibia without wait my femur start heal , i hope i will be fine , i litle start worry because i reach 10cm on femur and in same day remove device and made tibia, for now i canot wallk yet , 5 days after surgery

Great321

« Reply #328 on: February 21, 2020, 09:14:18 PM »

I wish you good luck! Initially I also wanted to do tibias and femurs at the same time but I'm happy that I decided against it because tibias were already hard enough. Stay strong!

tallerforever

• Visitor
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »

Hi, what is your meaning, is it too risky to do femur and tibia at the same time? or you think tibia lengthening is enough? thanks
Now:165
Target:175+
Femur: Stryde
Tibia: Stryde/Lon
With Dr. donghong or Dr. Pahair

MirinHeight

« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »

Hey Great congrats on your successful outcome!

can you please upload pics of your scars? I want to do LON or LATN on tibias with Dr. Lee or Giotikas as well
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Great321

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2020, 05:48:43 PM »

Hi, what is your meaning, is it too risky to do femur and tibia at the same time? or you think tibia lengthening is enough? thanks

both at the same time is the worst someone could do to themselves, in my opinion

Hey Great congrats on your successful outcome!

can you please upload pics of your scars? I want to do LON or LATN on tibias with Dr. Lee or Giotikas as well

Scars with externals are very bad. Jolien's scars look better, they have used a different frame on her with less pins. Maybe that's also possible for you. I won't share pictures since you can be identified by scars like that

Quick update
I regret not having done Stryde or LON. it's worth to save more money for this kind of surgery

- my scars are visible (not the end of the world but another lie I have to tell people about me)
- regarding skin numbness: my left leg is fine, my right leg (right below the knee part) is very numb and feels gross when it is touched by another object
- the areas below the knees are still very sensitive, if hit by an object or if I bump into something, it hurts like hell
- kneeling on a soft surface is okay but hurts, especially because of the nails that are very close to the skin, haven't tried to kneel on a hard surface, it's basically not possible because of the nails
- walking a lot on even roads is not a problem but I live in a place with many stairs and hills which makes my knees/feet hurt all the time. I feel a bit disabled because of that, like an old man, can't imagine going on a big hike again, or climbing (anytime soon) I mean I'm still fast but walking down stairs is not as smooth anymore but I blame it on the nails

next step: getting the nails removed, probably around february 2021!! I hope a lot that things will change then! (at least my german doctor told me that the pain comes from the nails ...)

it's frustrating to know that you are so young but not as fit as someone that age. Like I used to be. I might have gotten a better result with Stryde or LON but I was too focused on the price. You shouldn't be.

It's also frustrating that I only reached 1,64m instead of 1,65m (as my plan was), at least that's what I got when I measured myself on my own a couple of months ago. I try not to think about it. I'll use 1cm-2cm lifts once my nails are out (don't want to mess around with my sensitive legs before that)

I don't regret LL but my results could have been better If I spent more money. My body wasn't right for externals because of the slow bone growth back then. I'm not an expert, I can't say how much Dr. Giotikas' skills were responsible for my bone growth. Anyways as someone who isn't 1,60m anymore, it's convenient not to be smaller than every single person I encounter. On pictures, I'm not smaller than my sister anymore. I feel more confident, knowing that with my shoes and (later) with lifts I'm a bit closer to the men's world average than to 1,60...

It was a big sacrifice but in my case I can deal with it so far and I don't hope that I will get any chronic illnesses during my 30s because of this surgery.

I'll give you an update next year

edit: I can run for only a little bit and not fast because of the discomfort and pain of the nails. That can be a problem if you have to run to catch a bus or train.

hiking in the forest for about 6kms was possible last time and during my vacation I walked for about 10.000steps each day. But I am exhausted afterwards and do need to rest. Most of the time, the pain disappears by itself and I'm fit the next day again. Maybe two times during the last months, there was a pain that had worried me more but those had also disappeared the next day

Tomhard

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2020, 08:47:13 PM »

Hey. Its been almost 2 years sincr ur tibia surgery. Do you think your recovery was slow in comparison with other diaries? You did 5cm right?
Ive got the feeling that your recovery was quite slow.
How old are you?

more

« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2020, 07:30:34 PM »

New X-rays 21.02.2020 - About 5 months after LATN surgery

My local German orthopedist said that my X-rays look just fine and that I don't have to worry about the "dent". I sent the X-rays to Dr. Giotikas. Haven't talked to him yet. What bothers me is that I indeed have lost some height after LATN surgery. I don't know how to exactly measure my height but it seems that only my morning height is 1,65m. Later in the day I'm more like 1,64m. Depending which shoes I wear I can reach up to 1,68m though and since many people nowadays wear shoes with a big sole, they won't notice the height difference when I take off the shoes.

Front both tibias: https://i.imgur.com/oRJQ9VH.jpg

Right side: https://i.imgur.com/malAhT7.jpg

Left side: https://i.imgur.com/clNfclL.jpg

Interesting side fact: I had ordered shoes from Nike a few days ago and they had put shoe insoles (0,8cm) inside the shoe box which is an indicator that more and more people might wear shoe insoles "just for fun" even if they don't think that they're short

Look at this poor guy , it has been 2 years only he did  3 cm and  still recovering
suffering from numbness and pain in knee
look at his Xray if he say 5 cm , This not true

Great321

« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2020, 05:12:34 PM »

Hey. Its been almost 2 years sincr ur tibia surgery. Do you think your recovery was slow in comparison with other diaries? You did 5cm right?
How old are you?

yes, my bone growth was quite slow, slower as some others. 5cm were my plan. And I did lengthen 5cm BUT when the nails are inserted there is a chance of losing some height. So during the day I'm 1,64m instead of 1,65m. Before I was 1,60m. Morning height is 1,65 though

Look at this poor guy , it has been 2 years only he did  3 cm and  still recovering
suffering from numbness and pain in knee
look at his Xray if he say 5 cm , This not true

Dude you should learn to read...

Anyways

I was at a party yesterday and I was wearing about 3cm lifts. The shoe sole itself was probably adding 1cm by itself. So I was 1,68m which made me the same height as many girls there or taller. Of course there were also enough who were still taller. It felt quite good to not feel that abnormal small as before (1,60m).

Somehow this one girl was talking about a BMI related topic and was asking people about their height when she asked me I just said small (with laughter), so she tried to guess and asked wether I was 1,70m or 1,75m ...[since she was 1,70m herself as she claimed...which I doubt since we were the same height (with my lifts) so it was weird that she even thought I was 1,75m, that made no sense at all. This shows that some people have no clue about the specific numbers...]

I had no problem at all connecting with all the women, I even think that at least 2 had interest in me since one of them messaged me the next day.

Among the other men there was one guy my height and another guy who was taller but both had little confidence and didn't talk much.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:35 PM »

How old are you?

2 years, I though Giotikas was some kind of God

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2020, 04:18:44 AM »

Doctors can't control bone formation rate. There are a couple of delayed consolidation in the ballpark of 2-3 years for full callus formation by Paley patients. It's kinda genetic, or someone's smoking and doing bad stuff, and no fault of the doctor.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Great321

« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2020, 07:38:25 AM »

I had my surgery in october 2018 and the nails were inserted in September 2019, soon after my bones were consolidating and just a few weeks after nail insertion I was able to walk

So no 2 years. If I had chosen for LATN 6 months after externals like Dr. G had actually suggested to me, I would have been done with all of this earlier.

Externals are very good to avoid any kind of knee damage (I still believe that mine will get a lot better in the future) but the recovery with LATN for example is a lot faster.

more

« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »

All dr.G patients have some problems ( who did external but internal ......no proof look like advertisement)

azman

« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2020, 07:11:54 PM »

All dr.G patients have some problems ( who did external but internal ......no proof look like advertisement)

@ Dr. X-ray Know it All more

I been reading Great321 dairy before my CLL and even once thought Dr. G was a scam asking to wire the funds before surgery.  I did more research on Dr. G, Dr. P, Dr. R, Dr. L and Dr. M than you can imagine.  If it wasn’t for Great321 showing me PROOF and reassuring that Dr. G was not scam, I would have never done CLL in 2019. 

I really don’t know what is your problem with all Dr. G dairies but just to be nice to you, you really need some help.  Which part of his dairy or any of Dr. G dairy reads like advertisement?

(who did external but internal ......no proof look like advertisement) = where’s the logic to your statement, just running your mouth again.  Why do you feel CLL vets need to proof anything to you?

There are current patients of Dr. G on this forum that didn’t post their dairy, what’s your answer to that Dr. Know it all MOLE.

I’ll wait for your reply on your Tread: Once a Upon a Time.  Still awaiting for your last reply.  Reply if you are man enough in that tread.

Stop trashing dairies unless you know for a Fact, what you claim is true.  Have a little respect for all CLL patients that started a dairy even if you dislike or disagree with their action like Meck’s dairy.

TwinMusicom

« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »

I had my surgery in october 2018 and the nails were inserted in September 2019, soon after my bones were consolidating and just a few weeks after nail insertion I was able to walk

So no 2 years. If I had chosen for LATN 6 months after externals like Dr. G had actually suggested to me, I would have been done with all of this earlier.

Externals are very good to avoid any kind of knee damage (I still believe that mine will get a lot better in the future) but the recovery with LATN for example is a lot faster.

What do you feel are the pros and cons of these two options:

1. Getting external tibias an then getting an elaborate tatoo over it to cover the scars

2. Getting internals for tibias

Thanks!

a. In other words, I am wondering if tattoos can really 100% hide the tibia scars and also I'm wondering if external tibias have health risks which are greater than the internal risks for tibias

b. The other issue that crossed my mind was that if externals are miserable and will result in less leg lengthening in practice because people hate external frames/will try to stop lengthenign sooner than if they had internals
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up