Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122429 times)

Movie

Yeah bro I've been relaxing and letting it heal and It's much better now than when I posted that last message lol! alright makes me feel much better thanks IFS!
yes I've heard 2 year post op is the golden time where a lot of people reported catching up with pre-op abilities.

Haha good luck on the nail removal! will you be doing it wth Mahboubian?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

Yeah bro I've been relaxing and letting it heal and It's much better now than when I posted that last message lol! alright makes me feel much better thanks IFS!
yes I've heard 2 year post op is the golden time where a lot of people reported catching up with pre-op abilities.

Haha good luck on the nail removal! will you be doing it wth Mahboubian?

Sure thing.  Yes, will be having nails removed with good ole', Doc. M.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

wyrmhero

• Visitor

Hello InFullStryde. I have a question. Does this surgery affect your libido or erection ability? ^^

InFullStryde

Hello InFullStryde. I have a question. Does this surgery affect your libido or erection ability? ^^

Not at all; but the high volume of ladies that your new confidence will present to you; provides for an entirely whole new challenge!
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

StrydeNailChallenge

Hi IFS and All,

This is my first my message on this board. I will soon start posting my daily experiences with the goal of trying to help other LL'ers.

I would like to start with thanking IFS for helping others, including me.  @ IFS, I would like you to know that you are my man and you are my hero! You are part of this game, and your one of the reasons why I so far seem to be handling it well.

Thanks a lot Brother,
P.S.
You may call me SNC (Stryde Nail Challenge).
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

InFullStryde

Hi IFS and All,

This is my first message on this board. I will soon start posting my daily experiences with the goal of trying to help other LL'ers.

I would like to start by thanking IFS for helping others, including me.  @ IFS, I would like you to know that you are my man and you are my hero! You are part of this game and your one of the reasons why I so far seem to be handling it well.

Thanks a lot, Brother,
P.S.
You may call me SNC (Stryde Nail Challenge).

Greetings SNC,

Thank you for sharing this! I am humbled and so,so grateful to be apart of your journey. Congratulations on making this tough decision. You will undoubtedly be successful.  Keep going strong!   

I always say that the decision to undergo CLL is never about necessity; it is not required and never needed. Going forward with CLL is all about doing something great for yourself.  CLL is about doing what you WANT and is a personal decision based on your own truths and desires and not anyone else's.  I will also add that the entire CLL experience is a special one.  You not only elevate a very noticeable and physical, 2-3 inches higher, but you also grow in wisdom, heart, and perspective.  You will never be the same person after CLL because you're quite simply better than ever before.  It's hard to imagine but I know this to be true now.   Feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions or feedback regarding it.

All the best,

IFS

StrydeNailChallenge

Hi IFS,

How are you, brother?   I PM'ed you, but figured you may not have seen it, so I am sending this message.   Just wanted to say hi and see if all is going well with you and your 8cm + life :D

Take care Bro,
SNC
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

DaddyLongerLegs

• Visitor

Bro i'm 3 weeks post op with Mahboubian. Not too far behind you. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll be posting more so let's stay in touch

StrydeNailChallenge

Hi IFS,

How are you, brother?   I PM'ed you, but figured you may not have seen it, so I am sending this message.   Just wanted to say hi and see if all is going well with you and your 8cm + life :D

Take care Bro,
SNC

IFS Bro,
Please accept my apology for putting the wrong number. I should have said "your 3 inch + life". It would not make much of a difference though.

By the way, have you been recently tempted to also go for tibia lengthening?

did7.1cm

• Visitor

I remember when I first read this in February 2019

Im so glad this turned out a success story

brondo

Hi IFS,

I can't wait for your update after getting the nails removed. So excited to read a success story. I was wondering what your hardest challenge was on your journey?

-brondo

newCyborg

• Visitor

Hi :)

Congratulations of getting the LL done. I am planning to have surgery with Dr. M as well. I wanted to know, which Home PT therapist did you use?
Was it Patrick (recommended by doctor). Does Dr. M's surgery cost ($75,000) include PT sessions or we have to pay for them on our own?

Will you please share the details/name/contact of Home PT therapist that you used?

will you also share the details wheelchair transport service that you used?

Many many Thanks!

InFullStryde

Greetings CLL Warriors!

First, I want to apologize for being away for so long!  Life, as it does with many prior CLL'ers, has been a whirlwind of busy and I'm happy to report I'm doing incredibly well.   I have a mountain of messages and some forum posts that I have not had the opportunity to reply to; so again, my apologies and I will be responding, shortly.   I'm back and here to help in anyway I can so please feel free to reach out!

I do have an update on myself however as it relates to the CLL process.  I will be having my Stryde nails removed by Dr. Mahboubian on Thursday, November 19th (NEXT WEEK!).   I expect it to go fantastically well.  I'll be sure to keep each and every one of you up to date on the process and my hope is that I may be able to provide some great insight into what YOU may very well experience soon.   

I'll return shortly and again, please feel free to ask any questions you might have on the entire process.  I still anticipate creating a how-to/help guide for CLL'ers who are both going through and/or will soon be going through the CLL process.

Talk soon friends and ALL THE BEST!

IFS

BelowTheMean

Great to hear from you. These two years must have flown by. I can't believe you're about to get your nails out!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

StrydeNailChallenge

Greetings CLL Warriors!

IFS

IFS, I was worried about you and I don't think I was alone. I am so happy to see your message :D  Take care brother. I'll see you nail free soon :D

StrydeNailChallenge

Greetings CLL Warriors!

I do have an update on myself however as it relates to the CLL process.  I will be having my Stryde nails removed by Dr. Mahboubian on Thursday, November 19th (NEXT WEEK!).   I expect it to go fantastically well.  I'll be sure to keep each and every one of you up to date on the process and my hope is that I may be able to provide some great insight into what YOU may very well experience soon.   

IFS

Tomorrow will be a big day IFS!  I wish you the best, brother!  You're the man and my hero!

Hope to hear the great news and see you nail free and walking by Friday :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:20:15 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

InFullStryde

Tomorrow will be a big day IFS!  I wish you the best, brother!  You're the man and my hero!

Hope to hear the great news and seeing you nail free and walking by Friday :)

Thank you, Man! Means a lot and appreciate your support.  I'll provide the play-by-play on how it goes.

Talk soon!

All the Best,

IFS

InFullStryde

Great to hear from you. These two years must have flown by. I can't believe you're about to get your nails out!

Time sure does fly, buddy. Thank you for your kind words! One thing I have learned in my almost 40 years of life is that time operates like a never-stopping conveyer belt.   The key is to hook your life-goals up  to that kind of power.  Imagine, making a connection with time, a superpower force that just keeps going forward, and never stops.   I flung myself into the throws of the CLL process; time pushed me forward and I achieved the ultimate femur gains.   I will do the same here and now with the Styrde nail removal. I have my overall feelings about the nail removal and I'll share them in my upcoming posts once the procedure is done. 

Thank you again and All the Best!

IFS 

InFullStryde

Greetings CLL Family,

I have arrived at the hospital for my nail removal surgery with good ole, Dr. M.  It feels like dejavu and I cannot wait for the entire CLL ordeal to be all over with. I will be providing a play-by-play update on my stryde nail removal experience as soon as I am able. Hoping to WALK out of here today, guys. Please send your good thoughts.

All the Best,

IFS

Skyisthelimit

I’m positive everything will go smoothly! Wishing you an excellent removal!

StrydeNailChallenge

Greetings CLL Family,

I have arrived at the hospital for my nail removal surgery with good ole, Dr. M.  It feels like dejavu and I cannot wait for the entire CLL ordeal to be all over with. I will be providing a play-by-play update on my stryde nail removal experience as soon as I am able. Hoping to WALK out of here today, guys. Please send your good thoughts.

All the Best,

IFS

Sending you my good thoughts and I hope positive energy. You are a super hero, IFS; It has really been an honor and blessing having you in the CLL community, helping so many of us with your guidance.
 Say hi to Dr. M. for us. I'll see you walking out of there!

Movie

you got this IFS!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

StrydeNailChallenge

you got this IFS!

Movie and IFS, I would picture a day when the three of us get together for a drink! I hope to see that day!

InFullStryde

Good evening CLL Fraternity Mates, (ha ha).

As update - I had my nail removal surgery this past Thursday.  I have summarized below:

Pre-Op Visit with Dr. M

During my initial pre-op appointment two days prior to surgery day, Dr. M summarized the procedure and was very confident that everything would go well.  He went over the basics as far as preparing for surgery, etc.   Lastly,  and most importantly Dr. M  emphasized that the surgery is not a simple procedure and there can be complications. I have listed some of the potential complications below:

1) Infection
2) Stryde Nail can break
3) Screws can be stripped
4) Fractures can occur

95% of the time all will go as planned, but there is a small volume of procedures that may have a complication.  The doc will do all he can to mitigate the situation; however sometimes these events will happen.  Be aware and ready but also know that success in this surgery is more than likely.

Surgery Day: I arrived at 5:30am at the hospital and was promptly checked-in and then directed to a surgery preparing area.  I must admit it was surreal to be back in the same hospital where I had the nails inserted.  All kinds of emotions were inside of me as I was basically following the same steps as the first procedure.  While in the preparing room, I met with a very kind nurse and she proceeded to ask me pre-surgical questions regarding my general health and medications.   Lastly, she set me up on an IV and wished me well!  Shortly after meeting with the nurse, I met with Dr. M and the Anesthesiologist.  Dr. M was his normal laid back and professional self.  Very encouraging and made sure I was good to go forward.  Anesthesiologist was very detailed and I appreciated that.  Once  all pre-meetings we're wrapped up, A nurse shaved my legs and rolled me into the surgical room.  AGAIN, this was surreal to me.   I was remembering the nail insertion surgery and couldn't help but to feel a rush of emotion as a result.  I was a bit nervous, tad anxious, but mostly...to be honest, I felt excitement that I was FINALLY getting the nails out of my body and would be 100% me again.  I'll go into more detail about the psychological impacts of CLL in a future post; but I will just add for now that the entire CLL experience for me has been borderline transcendental for my life.  The pain and struggle of CLL is something that I would never wish upon anyone; but once you ultimately get through the CLL process successfully you are transformed into an individual who is stronger and smarter.  You feel enabled and empowered like never before.  Having gone through such a mentally and physically traumatic ordeal; you appreciate your life more and you might even find that you begin to tell a more accurate story about who you truly are. For many, it simply frees one of height dysphoria, an awful neurosis that can be resolved through this miracle of a process known as CLL. 

Now back to the matter - Once in the surgery room, Dr. M started to associate with the surgical team and my anesthesiologist began to work on putting me to sleep.  "That was Easy", I knocked out in a few minutes.  Before I knew it; I was awake.  A kind nurse was putting ice on my legs and greeting me as I started to awaken.  My first thought, not even kidding was..."MY LEGS!" The last time I was in recovery my legs were ultra packed in ice and my legs felt like they weighed 100lbs each.   Well, not this time.  I was able to move my legs up and down, side to side, I could even do a partial bridge.  I turned to the nurse and asked her and I'm sure she could sense the half-sleeping excitement .. "How am I doing? How did it go?!".  The nurse replied.  You did great, all went well.  Surgery was a success!"   I heard the Halllllllllllllllllllelujah music come on...(just kidding); but my goodness I was so relieved to know that all went well and to top it off, I was not in any kind of bad pain.  I felt soreness at the incision areas as expected.   The nurse then proceeded to ask me who she should call to notify that everything went well and that I was resting well in recovery.  I alerted her of a family member and I overheard the great news....once again.  "He did great during surgery and is now in "recovery". 

Once I was packed with some ice, another nurse rolled me back into a short-stay hospital room where I was able to rest a bit.  What was my next thought you ask?  "The Catheter"....Oh no!...I looked down and YESSSSSSS! no Catheter. Ha Ha.  If you read my diary at the beginning, I had one of the most awful experiences one could have.  I won't rehash on that.  I'm just glad that I did not have to deal with any catheter action this time.   I rested some more and begin to experiment with my legs and wow, i could move them all around and was experiencing very little pain still.   The moment of truth of course would be when PT comes by to help me up.   Once PT did arrive it was none other than the same PT that I had 2 years ago after my 1st surgery.  A great fellow and it was wonderful to meet again.   Moment of truth, he helps me to my feet and to be honest, I grimaced with anticipation of my feet touching the ground; because all I could remember was the last time I did this during the 1st surgery.  It was tough.  Well this time...As my feet hit the ground and I began to apply my body weight, I was ecstatic to realize that I could fully weight bare and.........................WALK.   I was taking steps on my own power and unassisted.  The walk was quite slow, soreness felt in the incision areas, especially the hips, with slight sway, but all in all, I felt very little pain when walking.  I was able to WALK out of the hospital unassisted and on the same day as surgery.   

First night at home after nail removal surgery: When I arrived home, i focused on resting and icing up.  From time to time I would get up and test the legs out.  First night at home, i felt soreness around the incision areas so it resulted in a slower walk and I was careful standing up and sitting down.  My main thing is to just make sure that the bandages stay clean and in tact over the next several days until Dr. M;s nurse can remove them.   Pain level was very low.  I did use the cane from time to time for balance assistance since I did tend to sway in order to compensate for the pinching like pain in the hip incisions.  Pain wasn't too bad at all.  I was able to get into bed without any issues and fell sleep on my back, just like old CLL times, lol.   I wanted to make sure I didn't damage stitches or aggravate surgical areas.  I slept very well, little to no pain when resting and only pain that I did feel was when pressure was applied to the incision areas and again it wasn't that painful...the pain wasn't sharp; just a sore, bruise or pinching like pain.   No big deal.

Day 1 after nail removal surgery (Today) As to be expected, your muscles, especially your back hip/buttocks area will feel a bit tight when you first wake up after surgery.  After a few warm up steps you're good to go.   My walk was slow; but a bit faster today and I was able to move around without any assistance all day.   I continue to be careful when I sit and stand, by holding on to some support.  This is mainly for safety Additionally, I am able to go up and down the stairs easily but I do hold the railing for support. It's hard to tell when I will feel "back to normal" but at this rate, I imagine a couple of weeks I'll feel close to normal and then by week 3 or 4, I'll likely feel back to what I was before the surgery.  Only time will tell, and I'll keep you updated on each day.  The fact that I am able to ambulate (walk) around and easily use restroom, get into bed and even drive if I wanted makes me very happy. 

Guys, I'm not using any pain killers other than tylenol and Dr. M advised that aspirin is a fine blood thinner for this procedure.  All in all, I feel good and I'm very pleased.  I'm in virtually no real pain and I can get around just fine after a pretty serious surgery.  What else can a past CLL'er hope for?  I'm happy. 

I'll keep you updated and please feel free to let me know if you have any feedback and/or questions!

All the Best,

IFS

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:20:05 AM by InFullStryde »

StrydeNailChallenge

Good evening CLL Fraternity Mates, (ha ha).

As update - I had my nail removal surgery this past Thursday...

IFS

Very happy for you IFS :D  Enjoy your weekend, bro.

azman

Congrats on a successful removal surgery.  I’m forever thankful for the time and efforts you put into your dairy.  Looking forward to more updates of post removal as to prepare myself for my removal in the next couple months. Thank you!!!!!

Movie

That's awesome bro! missed the long posts read throughs of what's ahead of my own journey as well. glad you're doing so well IFS, hoping to turn out the same for my nail removal procedure. looking forward to the next couple of weeks and updates from you.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

BelowTheMean

Thanks for the detailed post, IFS! I'm glad you didn't have a catheter in when you woke up from surgery. I'm still traumatized by that and couldn't help flinching when you mentioned it :P

It's crazy how much work we have to do after the nails are inserted, but taking them out is just an outpatient procedure! Best of luck on getting back to 100% post rod removal.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

InFullStryde

Very happy for you IFS :D  Enjoy your weekend, bro.

Thanks, Buddy!  A toast is definitely in order soon!

Congrats on a successful removal surgery.  I’m forever thankful for the time and efforts you put into your dairy.  Looking forward to more updates of post removal as to prepare myself for my removal in the next couple months. Thank you!!!!!

Thanks, Azman.  It has been a pleasure being in touch with the CLL community and I look forward to continuing to help out where I can.  So many inspiring journeys are here on this forum. 

That's awesome bro! missed the long posts read throughs of what's ahead of my own journey as well. glad you're doing so well IFS, hoping to turn out the same for my nail removal procedure. looking forward to the next couple of weeks and updates from you.

Thanks, bro! I'll keep the updates rolling. Things are looking good so far.

Thanks for the detailed post, IFS! I'm glad you didn't have a catheter in when you woke up from surgery. I'm still traumatized by that and couldn't help flinching when you mentioned it :P

It's crazy how much work we have to do after the nails are inserted, but taking them out is just an outpatient procedure! Best of luck on getting back to 100% post rod removal.

I know right!  The Catheter situation was indeed traumatic to say the least.  This was just another thing to overcome and we did it!  Yes, indeed. Nail removal appears to be a piece of cake compared to first surgery.   No broken bones and no cut ITB Band, make a huge difference.  I'm walking around my house with no issue right now..slight sway and healing in hip area where the nails were taken out.  Feels a bit tight and sore; but it's already improving and its only been 2 days. 

Thanks again for your support, guys.

ALL THE BEST!!!

IFS

InFullStryde

Day 2 after nail removal surgery

Greetings CLL'er Family,

As update - I'm walking rather comfortably.  I do feel some discomfort in the incision areas but it's easily tolerated.  The pain can be described as sort of a pinch or charlie horse type bruise in the hip/buttocks region, where the nail was removed.  Again, its not bad pain; but you do tend to watch out for it as you go through the motions of your day. You can experience the occasional "ouch" if not being careful.   I'm walking with no issue without my cane, albeit slowly as I regain balance.  My gait looks mostly normal as the sway from day 1 is already subsiding.   I'm able to use the toilet, walk up and down stairs, and sit/stand without much issue, although I do prefer to hold onto something as support while I do these things since the incisions are still feeling a bit tender. 

At this point, the hardest thing to do is standing up from a sitting position and that is obviously due to the incisions; however with a bit of support; its not a problem.  More good news is that the legs are feeling soft, no swelling, and coloration is looking normal; little to no bruising from what I can see.   Other than all this, the bandaging is bothers me a bit bit.  I should be able to have the stitches and bigger bandaging removed within a few days or so.

Guys, its going well so far.  I'm hobbling around a bit; but all in all I'm comfortable and most important I'm walking and in little to no uncomfortable pain. 

I'll keep you all updated.

All the best,

IFS

InFullStryde

Day 3 after nail removal surgery

Hi Guys,

As update - Legs continue to feel better.  My walking gait is mostly normal now and almost back to normal speed. Slightly sore on buttocks area; but not too bad at all.  Can easily stand and sit down now in chair.   Small bit of pain above left knee where the screw removal incision was made, so some difficulty using left foot push off that is needed when walking up stairs.  I will continue to use right leg as the lead for walking up and down stairs until the left leg is healed.  I anticipate all of that should resolve in a couple of days or so.

I'm no longer taking any pain medication and just taking aspirin as a blood thinner.  I'll be going into the office tomorrow for work and plan on working out at home with machines since all the gyms are closed on LA due to COVID.  Otherwise, I would have been at the gym working out the upper body using machines.  I will note that I will be avoiding carrying free weights for at least 4-6 weeks as an extra precaution to preserve bone healing.   One must keep in mind that each femur has 4 holes in it; where the nails were previously inserted.  I will avoid rigorous running, jumping and/or any heavy leg workouts/weight training for 12 weeks per instruction by Dr. M.

Guys, all is great and I'll update you again tomorrow.  Feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback.

All the Best,

IFS
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up