Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoping for 6cm - Dr Monegal - Barca - Bilateral femur  (Read 8490 times)

star-ray

Re: Hoping for 6cm - Dr Monegal - Barca - Bilateral femur
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2019, 09:58:22 PM »

Day 198 -

Its been 56 days since the second surgery (left leg). I did go and see Dr Monegal this weekend gone. My recovery has gone good so far. It feels so amazing standing tall on my right leg, my confidence level has gone up, i am extremely happy and i feel like i got my life back. I  haven't stressed about my height in the last 2 months and finally feel comfortable in my own skin. i can focus on other things  now and I feel so free :)  oh and am wearing shoes that i actually like as i dont need to buy big bulky ones with insoles.

Dr Monegal was pleased with my consolidation and said 25 more days to go (0.8MM a day) to complete lengthening for my left leg.

https://ibb.co/ncYPYBR

star-ray

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »

AND AM FINISHED !!!  8) 8) 8) Its been 74 days since the second surgery (left leg). I have done my last pulse today and no more lengthening required :) I can stand straight, and walk but been advised to use one crutch for a bit like a week until am comfortable without it.

in total it has been 216 days since the first surgery (right leg). I will post a video of me walking. Dr Monegal has been Ace, the surgery couldn't have been any better and my recovery has been good too (I thank God as well).

Now, I just want to see my friends and family again as i have been actively avoiding them as i didnt want anyone to know or see me during this phase.

Good luck to everyone doing LL !

atron

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2019, 02:14:25 PM »

very happy to here that ، good luck dude

Bushguy

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »

well done star ray!
one question, is monegal going stryde in future?

star-ray

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2019, 09:45:33 PM »

Thank you Atron and bushguy  :)

Yupp, when I went for my check up last month, there was one guy there who just had stryde done. 

cena

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2019, 03:37:33 AM »

Great diary. I had missed this.

Doing one leg at a time is an interesting option. Apart from the stress of having to do surgery twice, apart from the extra time spent on LL, apart from feeling pain twice this seems like a safer option in general.

My biggest fear is doing one leg x cm and failing to complete the other leg x cm. That would mean a length discrepancy. Did you discuss this fear with Monegal?

star-ray

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »

Thanks Cena, and yes,  that was a fear of mine too before the surgery. When I went for my initial consultation, that was something Dr Monegal and I discussed and the liklihood was very low and I believed any complications like that would have been resolved. 

star-ray

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 04:49:29 PM »

Hello Everyone!

Its been a while since I posted or been on here.

Recap to anyone whos seeing my Diary first time, I had my first surgery on March 5th 2019 (Right Leg) and then Second on July 24th 2019 )Left Left).

I have been walking and working normally for over a year now. It still feels unreal that I did all of this and gained height.  I feel so much more confident in my skin and no longer obsess over height.

The Lockdown has made it impossible to get regular checks up but I have been in contact with the main man himself (Dr Monegal) and am hoping I can get the Nails removed in April.

Good luck to all my fellow Limb lengthers!!

Tartar

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2021, 05:24:16 PM »

Best wishes for you new height!
Can I ask you why have you had a bone graft?

Polvorón

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2021, 12:04:33 AM »

AND AM FINISHED !!!  8) 8) 8) Its been 74 days since the second surgery (left leg). I have done my last pulse today and no more lengthening required :) I can stand straight, and walk but been advised to use one crutch for a bit like a week until am comfortable without it.

in total it has been 216 days since the first surgery (right leg). I will post a video of me walking. Dr Monegal has been Ace, the surgery couldn't have been any better and my recovery has been good too (I thank God as well).

Now, I just want to see my friends and family again as i have been actively avoiding them as i didnt want anyone to know or see me during this phase.

Good luck to everyone doing LL !
Congratulations for your new height, enjoy it so much.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

star-ray

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2021, 08:58:31 AM »

I have my Nail removal surgery today at 6pm :) !!!!

I've had my Fit Bone nails in for over 2 years and today hopefully they will be removed from both legs by Dr Monegal.

I wanted to get this removed last year but because of Covid/Traveling restrictions, it's not been easy to arrange to get to Barcelona from the UK.

My Journey so far has been smooth and I am very thankful for all the great work Dr Monegal has done for me. From the very first day and throughout my Journey, Dr Monegal has always been in constant contact and every time I see him in person, he seems so happy to see me. He has truly changed my life for the better.

If all goes well today, My journey which started in March 2019 to achieve 6cm has been successfully completed :)

Want-3-inches

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »

Nice to see a journey done one side at a time. I am considering this option or pure externals since Stryde is now out of the picture.

Were you fully recovered before nail removal? Did you face any limitations in any activities?

star-ray

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2021, 09:22:08 PM »

The removal surgery was completed successfully  :)

I do have to stay in Clinica Diagonal untill tomorrow morning and then will be discharged. 

Now the Journey is truly completed.

star-ray

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »

Hello "Want-3-inches",

Yes I was fully healed before this removal surgery. I was doing all exercises with the exception of sprinting and any squatting with weights and able to do all normal activities.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2021, 10:14:07 PM »

Congrats star-ray! Now I think with the nails out you would recover completely (sprinting and all that)!

You mention you went to work while lengthening one side at a time. Wasn't it obvious to the others that you were doing this? A 6cm discrepancy would be very apparent especially with the knees being at different heights.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up