Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 168858 times)

Quincy

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #899 on: January 10, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »

Spike,

Do you think you would still be feeling these effects if you had stopped at a more conservative number with your lengthening, say 5cm?  You've intimated a few times that perhaps you "pushed it" a bit by going for 7 cm.

YellowSpike

« Reply #900 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:22 PM »

Spike,

Do you think you would still be feeling these effects if you had stopped at a more conservative number with your lengthening, say 5cm?  You've intimated a few times that perhaps you "pushed it" a bit by going for 7 cm.

I'm sure. However, just 5cm wasn't enough for me. I wanted to hit around 173 or 5'8", and I did. That was my goal. Those last 2cm were very important to me, and I don't regret pushing myself to 7cm but am glad I knew enough to stop then and not try for 7.5cm or 8cm (as much as I wanted to at the time).

assa13ssin

• Visitor
« Reply #901 on: January 14, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »

hello yellowspike?

was your bone consolidation fast or average?? how much time between the day you finish clicking and walking without crutches??

assa13ssin

• Visitor
« Reply #902 on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »

so the hardest part was past 6.5cm gain?? (you did 6.5cm in 8 weeks right?)
were you very flexible before the operation? able to touch the ground with the palm of your hands when standing leg straight??

YellowSpike

« Reply #903 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »

I did about 7cm. It got very hard around 6cm for me. My bone consolidation was fine for my right leg, but for some reason, much slower for my right leg (I'm actually still consolidating now, if you can believe that, on my left leg). My left leg still continues to make improvements.

I was able to reach down and touch the floor with the palms of my hands before getting LL, and for the past year, I've been able to do it post LL as well. My flexibility was above average before LL, but I worked at it.

The only real complaints I have from the surgery are the recurring pain I get in my right leg and (due to having longer femurs) it being harder to do certain exercises (such as squats) properly. I can still squat, but can barely hit parallel, and that's with a much wider stance. It's annoying, but whatever...I wanted to be taller, and I got it.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #904 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:25 PM »

Hey YellowSpike. It's good to hear that you enjoy the benefits of your surgery and think it was the right decision. Just goes to show once more that this surgery, under the right circumstances, can make sense and improve one's life. All the best to you.
Angry semi-short man

AlexL

• Visitor
« Reply #905 on: January 18, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »

Hello Yellowspike!
i happy for you, you doing great. you say left leg still healing. you did that bone graft you write about?
What helped to improve healing? Why right leg heal fast and left not?
Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up