Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352758 times)

assa13ssin

• Visitor
Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »

so the hardest part was past 6.5cm gain?? (you did 6.5cm in 8 weeks right?)
were you very flexible before the operation? able to touch the ground with the palm of your hands when standing leg straight??

YellowSpike

« Reply #900 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »

I did about 7cm. It got very hard around 6cm for me. My bone consolidation was fine for my right leg, but for some reason, much slower for my right leg (I'm actually still consolidating now, if you can believe that, on my left leg). My left leg still continues to make improvements.

I was able to reach down and touch the floor with the palms of my hands before getting LL, and for the past year, I've been able to do it post LL as well. My flexibility was above average before LL, but I worked at it.

The only real complaints I have from the surgery are the recurring pain I get in my right leg and (due to having longer femurs) it being harder to do certain exercises (such as squats) properly. I can still squat, but can barely hit parallel, and that's with a much wider stance. It's annoying, but whatever...I wanted to be taller, and I got it.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #901 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:25 PM »

Hey YellowSpike. It's good to hear that you enjoy the benefits of your surgery and think it was the right decision. Just goes to show once more that this surgery, under the right circumstances, can make sense and improve one's life. All the best to you.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

AlexL

• Visitor
« Reply #902 on: January 18, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »

Hello Yellowspike!
i happy for you, you doing great. you say left leg still healing. you did that bone graft you write about?
What helped to improve healing? Why right leg heal fast and left not?
Thanks!

YellowSpike

« Reply #903 on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:04 PM »

Still dealing with the recurring pain in my right leg (right knee area - lower quads sometimes down into my ankles). Dr. Rozbruch thinks this will resolve when the rod comes out (my right leg is fully healed and the rod can come out whenever). I've pressed him several times on this, and he seems to be sticking to his story. I'm not so sure...I hope he's right. I'm trying to suck it up and not get the rod out until the fall so I can enjoy spring/summer without any restrictions.

crimsontide

« Reply #904 on: February 28, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »

I'm having my rod removed as well

Honestly, I doubt either of us see much of a difference but I'll be very happy if proved wrong

Still dealing with the recurring pain in my right leg (right knee area - lower quads sometimes down into my ankles). Dr. Rozbruch thinks this will resolve when the rod comes out (my right leg is fully healed and the rod can come out whenever). I've pressed him several times on this, and he seems to be sticking to his story. I'm not so sure...I hope he's right. I'm trying to suck it up and not get the rod out until the fall so I can enjoy spring/summer without any restrictions.

« Reply #905 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:47 AM »

Hi YellowSpike
Do you regret going to Dr. guichet? He's always been my choice. I need your advice.
thanks

Alu

« Reply #906 on: March 01, 2017, 06:07:41 AM »

Hi YellowSpike
Do you regret going to Dr. guichet? He's always been my choice. I need your advice.
thanks

No

crimsontide

YellowSpike

« Reply #908 on: March 01, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »

I don't regret doing LL or going to Guichet at all. It was something I had to do. I had to get taller. 166/5'5" and some change is just an unacceptable height. Honestly it's like night and day. I'm actually very happy with my height now. I just need this recurring knee pain to go away.

Before LL, I already had a contracture there, and was a bit "bowed" in just my right leg. This exacerbated it. I'm doing PT right now to try and improve my hip flexibility, as well as my internal dorsiflexion and ankle mobility to see if this helps it. One day at a time. I will get there.

Even in times when I have pain, I still don't regret my decision. Anything below 5'7" for a guy is very, very, very bad. And nothing will ever change that.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #909 on: March 01, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

I don't regret doing LL or going to Guichet at all. It was something I had to do. I had to get taller. 166/5'5" and some change is just an unacceptable height. Honestly it's like night and day. I'm actually very happy with my height now. I just need this recurring knee pain to go away.

Before LL, I already had a contracture there, and was a bit "bowed" in just my right leg. This exacerbated it. I'm doing PT right now to try and improve my hip flexibility, as well as my internal dorsiflexion and ankle mobility to see if this helps it. One day at a time. I will get there.

Even in times when I have pain, I still don't regret my decision. Anything below 5'7" for a guy is very, very, very bad. And nothing will ever change that.

Do you believe this situation of "very, very, very bad" will shift towards, and over 5'7'' one day? With all this talk of "the younger generation getting taller", do you sometimes fear that being 5'8'' will at one point in time feel like 5'5'' felt before?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

« Reply #910 on: March 01, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »

Do you believe this situation of "very, very, very bad" will shift towards, and over 5'7'' one day? With all this talk of "the younger generation getting taller", do you sometimes fear that being 5'8'' will at one point in time feel like 5'5'' felt before?

I believe there will be a shift of ~2" within the next generation or two but the shift will not increase substantially again until far into the future and gene editing/growth becomes available and the norm and then most men will likely be 6 feet and over. Regardless, 5'8" is perceived as much better than 5'5" by most as 5'5" is noticeable and 5'8" is much less so - 3 inches is a substantial amount.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #911 on: March 01, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »

I believe there will be a shift of ~2" within the next generation or two but the shift will not increase substantially again until far into the future and gene editing/growth becomes available and the norm and then most men will likely be 6 feet and over. Regardless, 5'8" is perceived as much better than 5'5" by most as 5'5" is noticeable and 5'8" is much less so - 3 inches is a substantial amount.

Actually, during my severe height neurosis days I read a lot of articles. And it seems that the height average has maxed out.
I learned some stuff during this time

« Reply #912 on: March 01, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »

Actually, during my severe height neurosis days I read a lot of articles. And it seems that the height average has maxed out.

Sorry, let me clarify - I believe the shift will be one of perception of height of what is perceived as 'good and bad' rather than an actual increase of height. I agree and have also read research that suggests average height has reached a plateau in developed countries due to better healthcare, nutrition and lifestyle. I believe the perception of height will shift 2" i.e. 6'0" will be perceived as 5'10" is now and become relatively average, 6'2" as the new 6'0" and so forth. This is purely hypothesis or it may just be that society is becoming more height obsessed and superficial.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #913 on: March 01, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »

Sorry, let me clarify - I believe the shift will be one of perception of height of what is perceived as 'good and bad' rather than an actual increase of height. I agree and have also read research that suggests average height has reached a plateau in developed countries due to better healthcare, nutrition and lifestyle. I believe the perception of height will shift 2" i.e. 6'0" will be perceived as 5'10" is now and become relatively average, 6'2" as the new 6'0" and so forth. This is purely hypothesis or it may just be that society is becoming more height obsessed and superficial.

This will be my last comment on this diary (not wanting to hijack it).

I don't believe that will be the case as even today, 6'2 or 188cm is considered very tall (in a good way I mean). If the average height has indeed plateaued, than 5'7 will still be 5'7 and 5'10 will still be 5'10.
 Since I was a kid I remember 180cm being a desired height and even now 20 years later it remained the same in non netherland and Aryanic Europe...

Also, since getting "cured" of this neurosis I started to notice that there are also a lot of older folks who are tall (almost just as much as the young generation). So again, this "young generation is getting much taller" is bull  (in the developed world).
I learned some stuff during this time

YellowSpike

« Reply #914 on: March 01, 2017, 05:09:33 PM »

I honestly care very little about height anymore. I'm quite happy with 5'8". No issues attracting women now whatsoever (even did pretty well before LL). At this point, no more LL. I just need this recurring knee pain to go away. Then I will be good to go.

Jack1066

« Reply #915 on: March 01, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »

I don't see why, unless people were growing much taller, people's perceptions of "ideal" heights would shift up. Height is a relative sort of thing.

YellowSpike

« Reply #916 on: April 13, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »

Been doing PT, and my right knee pain is getting better. It seems to have been a trifecta of weak hips, lack of internal rotation of my hips and tight ankle muscles all playing a part. I still get it from time to time, but it's not as painful. Don't want to remove the rods as I don't want more surgery and more scarring...but I'll probably look into it next year.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #917 on: April 13, 2017, 06:01:32 PM »

Hi YellowSpike. Very good news that you are improving and that your problem is something you can solve by working at it and you don't require a surgery. PT is the most
important aspect after/during lengthening! I'll keep it in mind, perhaps we'll meet while removing the nails. Good Luck.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

The Kaiser

« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »

I honestly care very little about height anymore. I'm quite happy with 5'8". No issues attracting women now whatsoever (even did pretty well before LL). At this point, no more LL. I just need this recurring knee pain to go away. Then I will be good to go.

Hey Yellow were you a smoke before the surgery?

in the scale of 0 to 10 how much do you give your knee pain?

YellowSpike

« Reply #919 on: April 17, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »

Hey Yellow were you a smoke before the surgery?

in the scale of 0 to 10 how much do you give your knee pain?

I was a light smoker, like on average 2 cigarettes a day. I quit right before the surgery, but went back to 1-2 a day about 8 months post-op. Dr. R said that probably didn't cause my very slow consolidation of my left leg, since I was such a light smoker.

The knee pain varies greatly. Sometimes it's very livable (1-2), sometimes it would be as high as an 8 or a 9 and I'd temporarily be unable to walk. Knock on wood, the past month has been pretty good and I haven't had to take any ibuprofen. I think the PT is really helping. I really hope this continues. If I can fully resolve this knee pain, I will have been very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery.

The Kaiser

« Reply #920 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:19 PM »

I was a light smoker, like on average 2 cigarettes a day. I quit right before the surgery, but went back to 1-2 a day about 8 months post-op. Dr. R said that probably didn't cause my very slow consolidation of my left leg, since I was such a light smoker.

The knee pain varies greatly. Sometimes it's very livable (1-2), sometimes it would be as high as an 8 or a 9 and I'd temporarily be unable to walk. Knock on wood, the past month has been pretty good and I haven't had to take any ibuprofen. I think the PT is really helping. I really hope this continues. If I can fully resolve this knee pain, I will have been very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery.

You quit smoking the same week of the surgery?! because Dr Guichet said it should be several months!!

Should you attending and doing PT whole your life because of the surgery or you could quit later?

myloginacct

« Reply #921 on: November 14, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »

I've read in another thread that you had a screw in one of your legs that caused you pain when you tried running. It was an old thread, however.

Have you already gotten that removed/adjusted? How are you doing nowadays? I hope everything has been going well for you.

YellowSpike

« Reply #922 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:39 PM »

Yes, you're referring to the screw on my left hip. I had that removed last year. Easy surgery and no downtime whatsoever (but we just took out the screw, not the rod itself).

As of my x-rays taken yesterday, both of my legs are 100% healed. I am thankful because while my right leg healed a long time ago, I was at risk for needing a bone graft on the left leg. Dr. R. thinks that removing the left hip screw last year might have re-stimulated bone healing, alone with my eating really well and taking the proper supplements. He was very surprised that my left leg finally healed after all this time, without the bone graft (thank god).

I still have occasional knee/front shin pain on my right leg, but through very focused PT, it's very rare and not nearly as bad as it used to be. Only the high altitude during airplane travel really makes my right leg act up. So definitely going to remove the right rod and screws early next year. Dr. R. said I can take them both out at the same time, or just do the right one, or right one first then left one. Nice to have options.

Overall, life is good. Going from a little over 5'5" to a little over 5'8" (based on evening height) has been life changing. I never get called short anymore. I still feel short at times, but since I'm in the best shape of my life (lean 174 lbs, around 10/11% body fat) and have other things going for me (strong facial aesthetics, lucrative career, bank account, etc.), I will definitely not be doing a second LL lol. I feel like if I were at least 5'7", I wouldn't have done LL. 5'7" I would say is really the cutoff - that might still be pushing it (5'9" and up is preferable), but you can get by at 5'7" if you're in amazing shape with good+ facial aesthetics.

YellowSpike

« Reply #923 on: November 17, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »

dupe post

myloginacct

« Reply #924 on: November 18, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »

Awesome to hear life has been going so well for you. Thanks for the reply. I'm heavily considering getting LL in the future, now that I discovered I'm under 5'7". Apparently I measured myself wrong when I was 18. I know the recovery takes a long time; I'm just hoping I won't get any permanent, very bad complication.

KrP1

« Reply #925 on: November 18, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »

Hi bro , im happy knowing that your quality of Life improved , cheers!

myloginacct

« Reply #926 on: March 27, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »

Hey there, YellowSpike. It's been a while since other posts in your diary. I hope life has been going well for you.

I do think we can all agree life is pretty harder for men under certain thresholds, with 5'7/170cm generally being considered the absolutely least a man can "get away with". However, after all this time, do you still feel about your above sentences in the same way as you've described/wrote them back then? Has your perspective changed any bit?

Thanks for any insight.

YellowSpike

« Reply #927 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »

What I will say is that, having successfully done LL and ending my height neurosis, I seem to notice a lot more couples where the man is shorter than his woman, OR just generally short men who are very successful in life. I think before LL, I had so much pain due to my own height that I was sort of blind to all these things. Or maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

Unfortunately, most dating nowadays happens online, and short men (below 5'7"/5'8" especially) are going to have a harder time. Many woman would totally be fine with shorter guys, but in my experience, thanks to social media/online dating, no one seems to talk to each other in real life anymore, so we all resort to online dating. This, in turn, makes women extra picky, and many have straight up told me that height is the first thing they'll use to quickly narrow down all their options.

I never wanted or needed to be the tallest guy around, I just didn't want to be the shortest. Doing this surgery has accomplished that for me. I almost never feel short anymore, and I rarely find women much taller than me, even in heels. And I definitely feel much more attractive from having done LL (I always had the facial aesthetics, but being 166cm just negated that entirely). My proportions aren't perfect, but no one has ever really commented on them except for one guy at my gym (who was watching me deadlift and squat) noticed my femurs were on the long side. But even women who've seen me nked haven't commented, and I think having muscular legs helps camouflage the proportions a bit.

I very rarely get knee pain anymore, and when I do, it's very manageable. Only seem to get it when I run, so I don't run very often (I get my cardio from intense flow yoga, stairmaster, elliptical, etc.). And sometimes when I travel in airplanes, I get right leg pain. Dr. R believes removing the nails will help, so I'm doing that this fall. A bit nervous about that and not keen on having new scars, but whatever, I will deal.

Overall, I'm happy I did LL.

myloginacct

« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »

What I will say is that, having successfully done LL and ending my height neurosis, I seem to notice a lot more couples where the man is shorter than his woman, OR just generally short men who are very successful in life. I think before LL, I had so much pain due to my own height that I was sort of blind to all these things. Or maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

Unfortunately, most dating nowadays happens online, and short men (below 5'7"/5'8" especially) are going to have a harder time. Many woman would totally be fine with shorter guys, but in my experience, thanks to social media/online dating, no one seems to talk to each other in real life anymore, so we all resort to online dating. This, in turn, makes women extra picky, and many have straight up told me that height is the first thing they'll use to quickly narrow down all their options.

I never wanted or needed to be the tallest guy around, I just didn't want to be the shortest. Doing this surgery has accomplished that for me. I almost never feel short anymore, and I rarely find women much taller than me, even in heels. And I definitely feel much more attractive from having done LL (I always had the facial aesthetics, but being 166cm just negated that entirely). My proportions aren't perfect, but no one has ever really commented on them except for one guy at my gym (who was watching me deadlift and squat) noticed my femurs were on the long side. But even women who've seen me nked haven't commented, and I think having muscular legs helps camouflage the proportions a bit.

I very rarely get knee pain anymore, and when I do, it's very manageable. Only seem to get it when I run, so I don't run very often (I get my cardio from intense flow yoga, stairmaster, elliptical, etc.). And sometimes when I travel in airplanes, I get right leg pain. Dr. R believes removing the nails will help, so I'm doing that this fall. A bit nervous about that and not keen on having new scars, but whatever, I will deal.

Overall, I'm happy I did LL.

Glad to hear you are still happy about having gotten LL.

And I didn't know online dating had already become the main form of dating in some places. Where I live, despite the rising popularity of apps like Tinder, people still seem to rely the most on shared social environments such as college, university, etc.

Anyway, I discovered I had some back/posture problems that I'm in the process of fixing, but even despite my gains height, I still think about LL. I'm worried I might be the type who may never be satisfied. I have a certain threshold in my mind, but maybe it'll morph into another one by the time I finally do it. Only time will tell, I guess.

I hope everything goes smoothly with the nail removal, by the way! Pain in long airplane trips sounds like no joke. Thanks for the reply, yet again, YellowSpike.

LAGrowin

« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »

Hi YellowSpike,

Glad you're doing well and still happy about your procedure. Thank you for responding to myloginacct's message and updating.

I'm in the process of lengthening femurs. Just hit 6 cm.  This update gives me positive hope that my post lengthening will be comfortable and mostly regret-free. My knees are flat for the most part still, but causing a lot of pain and discomfort, making sleep very difficult.  Hoping it will be life as usual with my new height in the not too distant future, like yourself.

All the best to you!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up