Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 353614 times)

Sba0801

• Visitor
Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #806 on: December 04, 2015, 05:30:01 AM »

Dear Yellow Spike.

Thanks for the insight.

Can you please tell me exactlyyy what exercises, routines and etc to focus on so I dont have to do the one month preop with Dr G. Im already in awesome shape athletic and flexible.
But could you like write me the most genuine and awesome preop plan so to get an amazing cybex.

Thanks.

Deads

« Reply #807 on: December 04, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »

I agree with everything you say here.  I'm a strong believer that the right time to get involved with a woman is when you honestly don't need one....... Once your life is put together (to whatever standard you believe in), you will no longer feel the need or urgency to get involved in a relationship to be happy....and once that happens you will naturally become more attractive to the right woman instead of the "basket cases".   

If LL is still in the back of your mind, I think this might sabotage your relationships......but remember, no theory is 100%.

Agree with this.

YellowSpike

« Reply #808 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:39 PM »

People keep hounding me to update, so here goes  ::)

My recovery is fine. I think I would have been able to be somewhat like ShyShy (even if a few months behind him - again, his recovery is NOT the norm, not even for Dr. G, and he also didn't have to start working right after clicking like I did)...if it weren't for the f*cking left screw causing me pain there (don't think he had that issue). What happens with Dr. G is that he uses these very large screws on your hips/gluteus medius area. As a result...when you start walking and lifting weights/squatting again, the muscles aren't fully able to activate. I have found workarounds for this (weighted hip thrusts, and doing squats a certain way), and have strengthened my glutes a good amount. My ass is coming back nicely. But my left side is weaker, and that results in me still having a very subtle hip sway. No one notices it but me, and it's no longer embarrassing, but it's a bit annoying.

The only other recurring issues I have are general tightness and some lower back pain (on and off). My job unfortunately entails that I sit all day, so I try to counter this with time in the gym/stretching (which does help). My hip flexors are tight (they are a big part of what causes duckass), and I try to stretch them, but when I forget to, that's usually when the back pain comes back a little bit.

People ask about my running. I honestly can run...I just choose not too, because it still looks a bit funny (thanks to that God damned evil left screw...). But I can do it just fine. And the left screw pain has actually improved a good amount, but won't fully stop until it comes out.

My recovery has been good, but could have been great if it weren't for the left screw in my hip...you have no idea what that pain is like. It's not that bad anymore (maybe I'm just used to it)...but it's SUPER annoying, and affects a lot of movements. It doesn't affect those movements as much anymore, but still does to a degree.

And as everyone knows, now I'm in the no-win situation of having to choose how to get some more height. I'm still not happy with my height at all, and still feel like a failure for not getting 8cm in one go. I'm preparing myself for having to do tibias. I'm going to have to sacrifice a lot...more than I did to do femurs...but nothing in life that's worth it is easy.

ouroboros

« Reply #809 on: January 29, 2016, 05:34:14 PM »

and still feel like a failure for not getting 8cm in one go

Dude, this might actually be a blessing in disguise.   With enough pain killers and excessive stretching, you could have reached your goal of 8cm or even more..... the difference is that right now you might have been bedridden or really walking like a 5'9" fck tard cursing this surgery.  Guichet was wise to get you to stop. 

Don't worry, you will still get your chance to reach your dream height.  At least you are still in the game, and wiser than ever.

YellowSpike

« Reply #810 on: January 29, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »

Dude, this might actually be a blessing in disguise.   With enough pain killers and excessive stretching, you could have reached your goal of 8cm or even more..... the difference is that right now you might have been bedridden or really walking like a 5'9" fck tard cursing this surgery.  Guichet was wise to get you to stop. 

Don't worry, you will still get your chance to reach your dream height.  At least you are still in the game, and wiser than ever.

Thanks man :) I know. That's what I tell myself every day. I just hate not fully achieving goals, but this is different, because it's our health. It's not like working out at the gym or running a marathon, unfortunately (at least if they fail, they can keep trying until they achieve it).

This might be it for me. I don't know how the hell I'm going to find the time to do another surgery. At least it's an improvement from what I was. It still sucks...and I'm still not resolved on this...but it might have to be it. I'm trying to wrap my mind around that very real unfortunate possibility.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #811 on: January 31, 2016, 01:13:12 AM »

Yellowspike you're a smart guy. You will be OK
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YellowSpike

« Reply #812 on: February 01, 2016, 02:39:07 AM »

Yellowspike you're a smart guy. You will be OK

Thanks buddy.

Well...Dr. Guichet said something to me last year. He said "About a year after your surgery, you will look in the mirror one day, and see that your proportions have greatly improved. Right now your proportions will be like jello, but they will get better." I didn't know what he meant then, but I see it now. A girl I've been seeing just left, and I was getting dressed, and saw my legs totally nked...and my proportions are looking much better. Now that my ass, quads, and hamstrings are much more beefed up, they look how they did before the surgery. It does give a tad more credence to the possibility of doing an inch (max, maybe even more like 2cm) more on femurs. My proportions wouldn't look great by any means, but I think they'd be passable. I feel like it would only be something I would notice (or anyone who's a proportion nazi, like many on here).

And another doctor I spoke to (Catagini) said an inch on tibias would take 3-4 months to walk unaided. Not terrible, although that's a large chunk of time for just an inch...but not totally atrocious time-wise (my biggest issue). So that's an option too. The only issue for me is time if I do tibias (but femurs, I'd be able to bang out with just a vacation from work and barely miss a beat, I think).

There's hope. Totally annoyed that I have to do this again in some form, but I refuse to be unhappy with my body in the end. I'm in the best shape now I've ever been in...muscular, lean, almost have a 6 pack (very close to it), V-shape from larger shoulders...but I refuse to let the height bring me down.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:44:08 AM by YellowSpike »

DragonTurtle

• Visitor
« Reply #813 on: February 13, 2016, 04:43:22 AM »

Hey Yellowspike, would you say your recovery so far was worse than the average Guichet patient or about the same?

YellowSpike

« Reply #814 on: February 13, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »

Hey Yellowspike, would you say your recovery so far was worse than the average Guichet patient or about the same?

From what I've seen and heard of Dr G's patients, I'd say average. What held me back are the facts that I had to work right as I was ending clicking (too much sitting way too soon - it was that, or lose my job) and the left hip screw (this issue happens to like 50% of his patients). Dr G has said he is satisfied with my recovery. I mostly am too. Would have liked some more height, but maybe it's good I stopped at 7cm (for now).

YellowSpike

« Reply #815 on: February 20, 2016, 12:39:22 AM »

I think I might need a hiatus from this forum based on conversations with my therapist. I'm on here too much.

However...I intend to eventually post a video of myself running, since everyone is dissing my recovery. My recovery has been quite good...just not as great or as fast as ShyShy's. If it weren't for that left screw, I'd do it now. Once I get the screw adjust and/or the rods out, I'll do it. I'm doing better (physically) than my diary might seem.

Alu

« Reply #816 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:41 AM »

I think that's absolute best dude. This forum is an echo-chamber and I realized that the longer I was away from it the past two weeks (Man nothing makes you forget about your height then a possible STD scare huh) the more I was living life and being happy.

In sense I was in my ignorant little hole, that wasn't so bad.

PatientZero

« Reply #817 on: February 20, 2016, 02:34:07 AM »

YellowSpike, I hope you leave and never come back--I'm planning to do very much the same when I finish. Maybe a post or two in several years to update us on your recovery.

Aside from reading patient diaries and educating yourself on LL concepts, I'm afraid theres little positivity or value that one can derive from hanging around the forum.

Thanks for your diary and contributions
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

YellowSpike

« Reply #818 on: February 20, 2016, 02:58:14 AM »

YellowSpike, I hope you leave and never come back--I'm planning to do very much the same when I finish. Maybe a post or two in several years to update us on your recovery.

Aside from reading patient diaries and educating yourself on LL concepts, I'm afraid theres little positivity or value that one can derive from hanging around the forum.

Thanks for your diary and contributions

Yeah. I need to get off of here. Nothing on the people on here. But there is a lot of negativity (which I know I sometimes feed into, and that's on me and my own neurosis), and it makes height neurosis worse. But it's still been a great source of information.

I'll eventually come back and post a video of me running one I fix the left screw issue.

applesandoranges

« Reply #819 on: February 20, 2016, 05:18:09 AM »

Thanks for posting Yellowspike. Have just a question for you: do you think you would have better mobility and overall recovery if you had lengthened a smaller amount? For example 3.5cm instead of your 7cm. Thanks always

YellowSpike

« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2016, 02:52:08 PM »

Toying with the idea of putting up a video of me running/jogging soon (to prove that I have recovered well, contrary to what some people on here seem to believe). I can squat and jump no problem, and my quads/hamstrings/glutes are looking as meaty as ever. I actually fully fill out my jeans and chinos now. I run up and down stairs now like nothing without even thinking, and my flexibility has made great strides (hamstring flexibility needs a tad more work to be able to touch the floor with the palms of my hands, but I'm almost there). The only annoying thing with this is that I've found I have to keep stretching, but I seem to retain it more. I just stretch like 10-15 minutes a day in the morning, and it really helps.

The left screw issue has somewhat improved, I think from just trying to strengthen my gluteus medius and push through that pain. It's still there, but if I can avoid a surgery just to fix that screw, it would be nice. I'm going to look into that more in late spring/early summer.

Now my only issue is getting to a height I'm comfortable with. I don't run my own business empire, nor am I a college student that's subsidized by his parents. But I am 100% doing tibias, there's no question (probably 3.5-4cm, to keep the recovery time in check). Only question is how or when. But it's going to happen.

My advice to anyone who does internal femurs is to stretch as much as you can (I slacked off when I shouldn't have) and walk as much as you can as soon as you are given the green light to do so. But really...for the love of God, STRETCH.

chineseguy

« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »

when will you remove the screw and how many is your original height?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »

Cant wait to see it dude
Your diary are my favorite
If you could post as many as possible it would be nice for me who plan to do femur with Guichet 6cm and4 cm with catgani

ouroboros

« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2016, 04:48:38 PM »

Yes, please post some videos. We'd like to see your recovery progress.

Quincy

« Reply #824 on: April 18, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »

Yes, please post videos.  I can't tell you how many times I've read diaries where people say they are "considering" or "toying with" the idea of posting videos flaunting their recoveries, but then never follow through.  It's frustrating -- and makes you wonder how well the patient actually recovered.

YellowSpike

« Reply #825 on: April 18, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »

I will eventually post videos. There are a few things that give me pause...and I'm still dealing with the left screw issue...but I will eventually.

Quincy

« Reply #826 on: April 18, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »

Of course.  You're not beholden to any of us.  But video of patient recoveries is something the LL community desperately needs and is sorely lacking at this point.  Hope to see them soon  ;D

Peaceout

« Reply #827 on: April 18, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »

Video idea is great,thanks.
Best wishes for your second surgery.I think maybe waiting around 1 more year will be good for you.What do you think?

YellowSpike

« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »

Video idea is great,thanks.
Best wishes for your second surgery.I think maybe waiting around 1 more year will be good for you.What do you think?

I suppose. I just don't feel like I can really be free and move on with my life (in all facets) until I do the second surgery. I really want it, like, now. Pain is nothing to me, neither is money (and I'm not rich). The only issue is f#*king time. I may very well have to deal with a gap in my resume...but it is what it is.

EndGame

« Reply #829 on: April 19, 2016, 01:07:01 AM »

YellowSpike, thank you for doing your diary.  I hope you manage to avoid a gap in your resume.  I've seen people kinda paper over a gap by only including the years and not the months for the dates on the jobs on their resume.  That's easier to pull off if one is 30+ and has 3+ jobs on the resume.  I don't know if you've experienced being out of work and trying to find a quality job in one's field of choice, but in case you have not I'd mention from my experience it's very stressful, regardless of height.  I think you mentioned potentially wanting to move to a new job anyway, so perhaps a new employer would be flexible on start date and you could get a good 3+ month window.  I'm curious, if you didn't have to contend with limited time for tibia LL, would you want to do more than 3.5-4mm?  Hope whatever path you take, things go smoothly  :)

YellowSpike

« Reply #830 on: April 19, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »

YellowSpike, thank you for doing your diary.  I hope you manage to avoid a gap in your resume.  I've seen people kinda paper over a gap by only including the years and not the months for the dates on the jobs on their resume.  That's easier to pull off if one is 30+ and has 3+ jobs on the resume.  I don't know if you've experienced being out of work and trying to find a quality job in one's field of choice, but in case you have not I'd mention from my experience it's very stressful, regardless of height.  I think you mentioned potentially wanting to move to a new job anyway, so perhaps a new employer would be flexible on start date and you could get a good 3+ month window.  I'm curious, if you didn't have to contend with limited time for tibia LL, would you want to do more than 3.5-4mm?  Hope whatever path you take, things go smoothly  :)

Interesting point. I'm in my very early 30s, and I'm on my third major job, but fourth overall (had a short-term gig right out of college). So maybe I could pull off what you just said. My only concern is that it's a lot easier to get a new job (and a better salary)if you have a job. There's the possibility of working from home and I think my current firm offers up to 6 months temporary disability...but I don't know. I don't know what I'd tell people (it's a smaller firm, so everyone kinda knows you, although that was sorta the case at my old firm), and my role is super important and busy. So I just don't know how I'm gonna pull it off.

In response to your question, even if I had more time, I don't think I'd go past 4cm (about 1.5 inches) because I have to worry about proportions. But if I were 5'9" now at least, I'd honestly be happy.

Peaceout

« Reply #831 on: April 19, 2016, 02:41:22 PM »

What is your wingspan?Are you worried about wigspan when you say ''proportions" or just everything included?(siting height,fem/tib,arms etc)

YellowSpike

« Reply #832 on: April 19, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »

What is your wingspan?Are you worried about wigspan when you say ''proportions" or just everything included?(siting height,fem/tib,arms etc)

My wingspan is between 172 and 173.

I'm just concerned about torso/legs proportions. Doing a bit on tibias (up to 4cm max) will actually improve my tib/femur proportions (though they look fine now after 7cm on femurs). Now, just have to watch torso/leg proportions. As long as I wear pants that sit below the waist, I look fine when I tuck in my shirt. Another 3-4cm shouldn't alter this too much, but still get me to a height I'm comfortable with. But I likely won't go above 4cm for both recovery time's sake, as well as torso/leg proportions.

chineseguy

« Reply #833 on: April 19, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »

will the screw be inside you forever or you will remove it?

EndGame

« Reply #834 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:58 AM »

Interesting point. I'm in my very early 30s, and I'm on my third major job, but fourth overall (had a short-term gig right out of college). So maybe I could pull off what you just said. My only concern is that it's a lot easier to get a new job (and a better salary)if you have a job. There's the possibility of working from home and I think my current firm offers up to 6 months temporary disability...but I don't know. I don't know what I'd tell people (it's a smaller firm, so everyone kinda knows you, although that was sorta the case at my old firm), and my role is super important and busy. So I just don't know how I'm gonna pull it off.

In response to your question, even if I had more time, I don't think I'd go past 4cm (about 1.5 inches) because I have to worry about proportions. But if I were 5'9" now at least, I'd honestly be happy.

Thx! Appreciate response. It's tough to use a temporarily disabled option when one is integral to the firm. It certainly will bring up the questions of WHY/WHAT, which few want to answer. I can do that myself and probably will have to, but you brought up a GREAT point, the possibility of working from home. I work on a computer and have some calls throughout the day but telecommuting is what I usually do. How realistic is it to try to work at home or hotel while lengthening? Clearly time off for PT mid day needed, but that's only an hr plus transportation in West Palm. I feel like I could do say 9-5 computer work with 2 hours for stretching in the middle. Cooper did something like that when doing femurs, before the troubles in Spain, working at home during lengthening. Program.dude made it sound like it was too hard to concentrate to work, learn a language, etc. And if you go back to Dr G won't you have like 6 hours of tough daily PT making work really tough while there? Guess I'd like to be able to work but thinking it's really a case by case basis of how much pain you have...?

YellowSpike

« Reply #835 on: June 07, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »

Haven't logged in/checked this site in a while. Just wanted to share my thoughts on a few things, as time has been passing.

I've been getting more comfortable with being 5'8". It's of course still not ideal. I still wish I was taller. But...I've been opening myself up more to see other men that I've known (and knew before the surgery)...and I've been seeing that there are several men I know who are below 5'7" who are living great lives. All the things that I want, actually. Yeah, maybe their wives aren't 10s (some are attractive, though), and I know they take sh*t for their height...but they're living their lives and are happy.

I have always been a perfectionist. Unfortunately, perfection really doesn't exist. It is unattainable. And most people that we wished we looked like just won the genetic lottery and were born that way. Yeah, we can exercise and starve ourselves and do surgeries into oblivion...but we'll never be "perfect" like some of these people. It's just not possible. I'm lucky to be solidly above average in looks as well as intelligence and success. And I'm telling myself more and more that that's enough.

I have faith I will eventually recover 100% (including athletic abilities). I've recovered well so far. I may or may not need a bone graft on my left leg. I've upped my intake of Calcium supplements and now only smoke occasionally (although I was only having 1-2 per day, didn't think that'd make such a big difference). And I've been eating very healthy, and physically look the best I ever have. I've been trying to stretch every single day, and that seems to have almost gotten rid of the right knee pain I was having. As of about a month ago (maybe more), I can comfortably touch the floor with the palms of my hands. I had been lazy with stretching for a long time, but try to do it every day now.

I don't regret the surgery one bit. I think I needed to do it. I always hated my height with a passion. And getting through the ordeal I think made me stronger and more appreciative of the little things. But I will say...I feel sort of bamboozled by certain diaries (ShyShy comes to mind). Nothing on him in particular or anyone...but certain diaries that make it seems like you can do this surgery and recover overnight (including running/sports, etc.) I feel are kind of lying. Granted...I had to work right after I ended lengthening, and all that sitting I'm sure set me back (and I did make all the effort I could to re-learn walking and such). But this sh*t takes forever, and there is sort of a "Pandora's Box" element to LL. You can be as healthy as a young spring chicken...but that does not guarantee you a complication-free ride. Femurs are supposedly usually fine, and I might need a left bone graft (not sure if I do, yet, have to wait it out a bit). I stopped smoking before the surgery and went back to having 1-2 a day last summer. I don't believe that's what did it (Dr. Rozbruch said ratcheting rods are particularly rough on healing). But on all accounts, I was a healthy and relatively young guy when I did this.

Aside from the left screw pain (which will go away once I get the screws out - might tie this in with the bone graft, if I need it), the possibility of a left leg bone graft (remains to be seen) and just general muscle tightness (which has made great strides, my walking feels pretty much effortless and free now - jogging isn't bad either), I am totally fine. I have no real pain aside from the left screw, and my right knee pain is virtually gone now. I don't regret this. My proportions are fine (especially now that my quads are nice and muscular again), and no one has ever commented on them. Obviously my proportions are less than perfect (duh), but when you're below 5'7"...the pros of being a little taller I think do outweigh the cons.

Even though I am confident I'll eventually fully recover from this, I'm not sure tibias are in the cards for me. After the rods come out/possible bone graft, I want to be done with this sh*t. There comes a point where you just have to make efforts to choose to be happy. And I am working on that. I am getting more comfortable with 5'8" as my final height. It will likely continue to be a struggle, but it has been getting easier. There's more to life than this sh*t. I have to see how I feel when the rods come out and where I'm at with my life. But no longer am I in the mindset of "I'm definitely doing this" with tibs.

And let me tell you - no matter what the "successful" diaries tell you...recovery from this (while definitely possible) takes a lot longer than you are lead to believe. And while you're recovering...it's hard to live all facets of your life completely normally. LL and minor complications (like my left screw pain issue) become like these annoying mosquitos that won't leave you alone. You can live your life...but these things can weigh on you after a while.

I still think the world of Dr. G and recommend this surgery, especially if you're below 5'7" and do it with a great doctor. But do not expect a ShyShy-like recovery. I think he (and others who have supposedly recovered "overnight") just got really, really lucky. I know he worked very hard (I did too), but he is not the norm. Expect that you will likely not be completely normal for (flexibility, running, general pain/tightness, etc.) around 2 years out, if not more.

Sorry in advance if I don't respond to any PMs or posts. Trying to avoid this site as much as possible. Happened to see a few recent posts, and just thought I'd weigh in. Just my thoughts for now. If you do this, think very, very carefully about the recovery.

axelf

« Reply #836 on: June 07, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »

Hey Yellowspike,

good to see you're still posting! Although you want to avoid that forum for "us" it's extremely helpful to have someone stay around, at least occasionally.

And of course i have a question for you:
Did you have any longterm side effect from medication or the trauma of surgery? something like the loss of sexual function or libido for example?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up