Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 190cm and want to be 195-196cm  (Read 28950 times)

Shor7Guy

Re: 190cm and want to be 195-196cm
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

im not projecting, i believe 6foot3 isn't super imposing and 6foot-6foot2 isn't moderately imposing, not denying it by saying others are.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »

Lots of guys in here are mad at you OP cus they dont want to believe that 6foot3 isnt super imposing, breaking their delusions of being moderately imposing at 6foot-6foot2 after LL.

6'3 isn't really going to be much more imposing than 6'0--and almost not more imposing than 6'2 (it's only one inch, after all). Plus, being imposing has very little to do with height; maybe suckers are imposed by height, but unless someone has a reason for me to believe they should be intimidating or imposing, I could care less how tall they are.

For example, who do you consider more imposing: Ed Coan at 5'6 or Snoop Dogg at 6'4? Better yet, Mariusz Pudzianowski at about 6'1 or Conan O'Brian at 6'4-6'5?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »

are there facts that dictate that the great majority of women dream of a 6"5.5 man over a 6"3 man.

That's a pretty wild assertion. I hope you have some serious evidence to back that up.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »

Well, the problem is that I wouldn't want to be 190 cm, so I'm not affected. I asked many guys and girls. the general consensus is that anything above around 183 cm is too tall (my country average is 172 cm). So that is 11 cm above average being "too tall").

It stands to reason that in America, If the average height is 176 cm, then "too tall" is 187 cm. But if girls are taller in America, then "too tall" might well be pushed upwards to 190 cm+.

All this is said without having stepped into America (I don't know how common or uncommon is 187 cm but statistics show that it is very very uncommon, probably 3rd percentile or less)

I don't actually care what women think. I don't know why everyone here is so concerned with what a woman thinks is more attractive. But if you think that height of 195 cm is more attractive to a woman than 190 cm then I would say it should be very certainly, wrong. I think at 190 cm.which might already be too tall, other traits are more important.

Studies have shown that when Desirable Feature X is taken to extremes. it becomes less attractive. One example that has been proven is big-eyed women. The larger a woman's eyes, the more attractive she is, to men. Until  a certain point. I say that the same thing occurs for Height, and Weight. there is "too skinny" just as there is "too tall" and all these are determined by percentiles and averages. There might even be "too smart"; ie someone so intellectually developed he becomes a social misfit.

If I play basketball professionally (which I don't), I might do 195 cm. Even then there are many 1.8+ basketballers or 1.9 m ones, like Steve Nash, Jeremy Lin, etc. The list goes on. Who is to say that a 1.9+ basketballer is lousier or worse off than someone who is 2 metres? It all boils down to skill, really, once you can jump that high or dunk that ball.

But since I play basketball perhaps semi-professionally or lower levels? I will not do 195 cm. I do not want my life to be jeopardised by a height acceptable in the basketball court but not acceptable outside.

183 cm fits me well, both inside and outside of the court.Where I live, that is, so I suggest that a height of 187cm probably fits everyone in America.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2015, 05:25:38 PM »

That's a pretty wild assertion. I hope you have some serious evidence to back that up.

That is NOT an assertion. It is a question. And I suggest that women would prefer someone 6'3 vs 6'5. But still, it is the OP's choice. Maybe he doesn't care what women want?

I would even assert that, even if he does not care what women want, being too tall (at a point) becomes so over-dominating that as a boss  I might not employ someone who is in my eyes, too tall. As he might well usurp or dominate me. That's just personal. WHat do you guys think?

I have male friends who also assert that they prefer buddies slighty taller, their height, or shorter. Not too much taller!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2015, 05:31:06 PM »

That is NOT an assertion. It is a question. And I suggest that women would prefer someone 6'3 vs 6'5. But still, it is the OP's choice. Maybe he doesn't care what women want?

I would even assert that, even if he does not care what women want, being too tall (at a point) becomes so over-dominating that as a boss  I might not employ someone who is in my eyes, too tall. As he might well usurp or dominate me. That's just personal. WHat do you guys think?

I have male friends who also assert that they prefer buddies slighty taller, their height, or shorter. Not too much taller!

Sorry, I read his comment again and now  I see it was a question. I didn't see a question mark, so I got confused.

Future space tycoon

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:10 PM »

OP, thanks for the PM. I thought it would be better to give my opinion in the open thread. Hope you don't mind.

We know that 'short stature' dysphoria should probably rather be called 'height dysphoria' because it is a condition that can occur in an individual of any height. It may seem bizarre for the majority of people that someone of your stature might want to be even taller, but this is an argument about where to draw the line in an already controversial topic. I do not think it is anyone's place to take a moral high ground and decide who is entitled to have height dysphoria.

My second comment is that, having said the above, I would strongly discourage you from considering the surgery. Two main reasons: 1) You are making a living using your athleticism and body. There is definitely a high risk of compromising this with any big surgery. This includes CLL surgery. 2) The only doctors that may take you on as a CLL patient at that height would probably not be ones that can guarantee you a favourable outcome. Remember that surgery is always about a risk-benefit ratio. Your scale is tipped very far in the direction of potential risk for very little real benefit.

Theoretically, against this background, I would hypothetically advise femoral lengthening over tibial. Two reasons. First your femur to tibia ratio is 1:1 and can be pushed closed to 'normal' by lengthening the femurs. Secondly, IM femoral lengthening probably would have the lowest risk profile of the techniques in your case.

For a fighting type of activity, whether boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, tkd, karate etc, intimidation and stature plays an important role in controlling the encounter. As a martial artist myself, I understand this. Please also understand that no amount of intimidation will make up for a loss of 5-10% of physical ability, which is quite likely with CLL. My advice: focus on presence of mind ('zanshin') and that will be much more valuable in your bouts.

Good luck with the decision.

kevin11

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2015, 11:26:32 PM »

Thank you. TBH 6'3 inst tall im npt feeling tall. No one of my 6'2-63 friends feel tall. Iam relatively tall but never imposing. You start to be imposing at 6'4-6'5
6'3 = around 190cm
wingspan - 199cm
leg length from floor to under penis = 94cm
Thinking about doing LL, around 5-6 cm to reach my Dream height of 6'5-6'6 (195-197cm

kevin11

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2015, 11:31:37 PM »

You are right there, i couldnt Care less what women wants. I can get every Girl i want and i have gotten any Girl i want. Macin in thé club seeing them outside on thé streets Most of the time they even aproach me.
6'3 = around 190cm
wingspan - 199cm
Thinking about doing LL, around 5-6 cm to reach my Dream height of 6'5-6'6 (195-197cm

kevin11

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

Thank you so much for your answer DR. I Will strongly rethink this and see if its really worth it.

But theriotechnially speaking would a 5cm lengthening on my femur recover faster due to my longer Bones and affect me less if operation done well in thé Long run? I have very stretched and flexibel muscles and alot of leg mass. I am 105 kg shredded mucsle.
6'3 = around 190cm
wingspan - 199cm

Overdozer

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2015, 11:50:19 PM »

I am 105 kg shredded mucsle.
190 cm tall with an 8 incher and also 105 kg shredded (!) muscle. Hello there, misc bb.com.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

endomorphisme

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 12:17:30 AM »

Why do you put accent on "e" op , that's a bit disturbing

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 05:41:01 AM »

Why do you put accent on "e" op , that's a bit disturbing

He's either foreign, doing it on purpose or his spellchecker is doing that for him.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up