Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 190cm and want to be 195-196cm  (Read 28954 times)

Taller

Re: 190cm and want to be 195-196cm
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »

mad?

Or jealous? I've seen Readrothbard post mockups of himself as tall as 6'6, so clearly he would like to be that height as well. And 6'3 used to be his LL target before he realized it was too dangerous to lengthen that much. Given the stunted growth, though, the anger makes sense. I am 5'10, so I could theoretically go to to 6'4 or even 6'5 (193-195CM) if I wanted to, but 6'2 188CM is my dream height, and I may even stop at 6'1 (185CM), which is plenty good, and perhaps even better than 6'2. Heck, I don't even need LL at my current height of 178 CM as I've said many times.

I too was predicted to be around 6'2-6'3 because I was really tall for my age before puberty, always in the 95th percentile more or less. But when puberty came around, I just grew much more slowly than a lot of the other guys. Oh well. Being angry about it isn't going to help the situation. Keep in mind that life and nature don't owe us anything. If we are unhappy then it's up to us to do something about it, either via LL or just being grateful for the many things we have and accepting our heights. Both combined are a good approach too.

Overdozer

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »

If OP is srs, I'm going to stab someone.
Just don't stab short bros. Make sure they're at least 6'3 tall.

(How did you get Veteran member status?)
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

ReadRothbard

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 07:32:03 PM »

I honestly want to be like 6'7 (6'6 mockup was to prove a point about torso length ranges), but, yeah, I guess you could say I'm jealous about the height factor. I like everything else about myself, except my height, so I am jealous about that. 6'0 is basically the minimum height I'd accept without shooting myself.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »

Just don't stab short bros. Make sure they're at least 6'3 tall.

(How did you get Veteran member status?)

Lol, nah, I'm just pissed. Sometimes I just want to beat my fists against a wall until my knuckles are broken when I think about my height.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 07:37:49 PM »

I honestly want to be like 6'7 (6'6 mockup was to prove a point about torso length ranges), but, yeah, I guess you could say I'm jealous about the height factor. I like everything else about myself, except my height, so I am jealous about that. 6'0 is basically the minimum height I'd accept without shooting myself.

Haha I'm a bit (meaning considerably) jealous too. But hey, we got lucky with everything else besides height, and being six foot sure ain't everything, although it has plenty of perks. We should have no problem being confident and happy in the meantime since we got everything else except for height. My point is that LL will be nice, assuming it goes well, but that doesn't mean we can't live amazing and fulfilling lives before getting LL. I am living so good of a life right now that I question if LL is even worth it for me, even though dissatisfaction with my height is always in the back of my mind. I'll keep saving for it and make a definite decision once I've got the money and time to go for it.

Uppland

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

Taller why do you say you could lenghten to 193-5CM?

I'm as tall as you and I want to lenghten 6CM in my femurs, I almost think that's a stretch actually since a lot of doctors state that 5CM should be the limit.

Also, I can't speak for you but my legs start to look really long after a 7-8CM increase, and my arms start to look quite short after I've added 9-10CM. If I lenghtened 10CM I would look strange in thick boots I think.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »

Haha I'm a bit (meaning considerably) jealous too. But hey, we got lucky with everything else besides height, and being six foot sure ain't everything, although it has plenty of perks. We should have no problem being confident and happy in the meantime since we got everything else except for height. My point is that LL will be nice, assuming it goes well, but that doesn't mean we can't live amazing and fulfilling lives before getting LL. I am living so good of a life right now that I question if LL is even worth it for me, even though dissatisfaction with my height is always in the back of my mind. I'll keep saving for it and make a definite decision once I've got the money and time to go for it.

For me, every day I'm not doing ll is a waste of time. My life doesn't begin until I'm 6'0.

Future space tycoon

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 08:00:43 PM »

It's almost like on this forum anything sub-6'0 is midget status necessitating suicide.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Uppland

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »

It's almost like on this forum anything sub-6'0 is midget status necessitating suicide.

Mate some people talk like that but I think most of us just recognize that we would be happier if we did it, all things considered and for whatever reason.

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »

This is dumb.

It's not the OP's height that I have a problem with, It's the fact that he is wasting everyone's time. I guarantee he will never do LL, I would bet my eyes on it - I am 100% sure. But look at the recent posts on this forum its all on this thread rather then something useful.

Just ignore him, if he wants LL he will do what everyone else does and read around the forums, read the diaries maybe ask a few specific questions but he doesn't need to have a big thread devoted to him, we should all forget about his height and move on from this thread.

GeTs

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »

everytime I see bull  pushed to extreme from internet, I go outside, don't let myself get distracted by internet,tv and all I see is nothing that corresponds to what I "learn" from internet.
That's the problem, too much intellectual bitching.
Don't get mad, u shouldn't, take away internet from a shallow person and in a couple of days you'll see a drastic change in their mentality

endomorphisme

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »

Well, answer me this... who do you think gets more ass... the 6' 5" bouncer at a club, or the 6' dude with swag who's walking in?

More height = more imposing? Yes. But you don't have to be a giant to have maximum potential with women.

Depends on your goals I guess. I personally am not trying to gain height to feel superior to others. I think it's a terrible narcissistic personality trait if someone wants to to feel better about themself by elevating themself above others and looking down on others. I simply don't want to feel inferior.

The 6 footer obviously but
I am not saying I would like to be 195 cm, imo 185-190 cm is the best height btw, so you re right you don t need to be a giant to blend in the crowd and be imposing
I Didn't really answer your question, so I will, more precisely this time:I am currently studying in an engineering school in France, where most students are white  (and young) so the average is above the national average.
I was in Disneyland last year, as usual I was sizing up people, comparing my height, especially in queue
There were many tourists, from everywhere in Europe but especially from Spain,Germany, Scandinavia, Belgium, Switzerland, and uk.This day I just realised that 6'0 was barely above average In europe.
I saw atleast 15000 people, so it gave me a rough idea of how tall the average european man is.
I also made the same experience when I visited Venice 5 years ago there were more tourists than Italians
so no you dont need to be 195-200 cm, but if you don't want to feel short or slightly below average (as I do), sometimes, you have to be 185 cm, you will blend in the crowd, you will feel very solid.
but If you can satisfy yourself with being 5'10 or a bit under (the national average in UK and US) that's fine for you.
sorry if I made mistakes, I m on my phone and English is mot my Maternal language

Ps :I don t envy op , some of you are just pathetic, if you re jealous of this guy, you will never be happy and satisfied with the height you achieve

Taller

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »

Taller why do you say you could lenghten to 193-5CM?

I'm as tall as you and I want to lenghten 6CM in my femurs, I almost think that's a stretch actually since a lot of doctors state that 5CM should be the limit.

Also, I can't speak for you but my legs start to look really long after a 7-8CM increase, and my arms start to look quite short after I've added 9-10CM. If I lenghtened 10CM I would look strange in thick boots I think.

I say so because I've made mockups in which I don't look obviously disproportionate at 192CM. If I did arm lengthening, I'm sure I'd be fine, proportionally. I don't care how I look in the thickest of boots after LL. I wear converse-type shoes and thin boots most of the time anyways, and if I look a little disproportionate the few times I have to wear super thick boots, I doubt anyone would take enough time out of their busy lives to carefully scritinize my proportions and notice. If people did somehow notice legs being a little too long for height, how much do you actually expect them to care? Proportions vary a lot naturally anyways, as you can see here:

For example, I am your height, am probably pretty close to your age, and yet my arm span is 185 or 186 CM while yours is 175CM. Your sitting height might be a little more than mine of 96CM, who knows, and who really cares that much, as long as it falls into the natural range for your new height? One guy who lives next to me is 188CM tall, has a lower sitting height than mine, has the same arm length as me, but has much longer femurs. I got him to throughly compare proportions with me. I could post a photo of you want. Meanwhile, my father has much longer arms at 188CM. Neither of them look disproportionate in any kind of footwear. I used to care a ton about proportions, as you do now, but the more people I compare myself to, the less I care, because there is so much variation out there. You even stated that your 190+CM uncle has almost the same sitting height as you. I have 193CM uncles with much, much higher sitting heights and wingspans than me. There is so much variety in nature.

My point was that, because of my high starting height, I could theoretically exceed 190CM through LL, and yet I have no desire to. I just want to get to a point at which I can be proud of my height and not feel short among my male family members who are 188CM plus. I could live a good and happy life without LL, but height insecurities would perpetually be in the back of my mind. I have to decide if the risks are worth it, but in recent months I've proven to myself that I can still be quite successful and happy at my current height.

I agree that lengthening too much is a terrible idea. Ideally, I'd do 4CM on the tibae and 5CM on the femurs, but given that LL is so hard, I'd be happy with 7CM on the femurs as well, which isn't far from your goal of 6.5CM. Hypothetically, if I did 6.5 femurs and 6 tibiae, both safe lengths, I'd easily be 190 barefoot, but again I don't care that much about the numbers and won't pass 190.

I own Bugarri Lorenzo elevator shoes that I sometimes wear to clubs and bars for fun. They add 12CM, making me 190. I look fine and got lots of positive attention in them, deposits the fact that my arms appear a bit short at that height. In the real world, few people care, and the benefits of the height far outweigh the harms of slight disproportion.

Overdozer

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:45 AM »

My point was that, because of my high starting height, I could theoretically exceed 190CM through LL
Theoretically, and I've made this point already, someone who is shorter has more LL potential for the simple reason of having higher SH/H ratio. As SH/H directly correlates with height negatively. However, that is just a rule of thumb. Obviously, there are exceptions and you can find someone short with a low SH/H ratio and someone tall with a high SH/H ratio. But statistically, my point stands correct.
http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807.full#ref-14
It is generally known that tall children have relatively long legs and vice versa.4,5 Therefore, we conjecture that the interpretation of SH/H ratio should not only be based on age references, but also on height

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Taller

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »

I agree with you, Exilde. I could never lengthen as much as you are, but I think I could do about 8CM total and still look pretty proportional. That's all I want anyways, so it's all good.

NewHeights

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 12:57:03 AM »

Theoretically, and I've made this point already, someone who is shorter has more LL potential for the simple reason of having higher SH/H ratio. As SH/H directly correlates with height negatively. However, that is just a rule of thumb. Obviously, there are exceptions and you can find someone short with a low SH/H ratio and someone tall with a high SH/H ratio. But statistically, my point stands correct.
http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807.full#ref-14

That is true, but only if the shorter person also has a positive ape index to go along with the higher SH/H. My limiting factor is my low ape index of 1.01 (70.0" wingspan 69.2" height).

The only fighters I found with negative ape indexes are Rocky Marciano (-3 inch) and max holloway (-1 inch).

I highly doubt someone would notice a -1 inch ape index, but more than that is pushing it

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Overdozer

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 01:29:56 AM »

That is true, but only if the shorter person also has a positive ape index to go along with the higher SH/H. My limiting factor is my low ape index of 1.01 (70.0" wingspan 69.2" height).

The only fighters I found with negative ape indexes are Rocky Marciano (-3 inch) and max holloway (-1 inch).

I highly doubt someone would notice a -1 inch ape index, but more than that is pushing it
You can lengthen your arms, but you can't lengthen your spine. So I consider arm span a soft limiting factor. And you shouldn't be looking for negative ape indexes in boxers, as they directly benefit from higher arm span (higher reach). Arm span shorter than height isn't that unusual:
less than height in 74 (11.7%)
http://www.ijpp.com/IJPP%20archives/2000_44_3/329-334.pdf

You can see on the graph that out of 400 participants there are enough people who have wingspans lower than height by 10 cm.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 05:37:47 AM »

Exclide,thanks for the picture. It is useful.  Unfortnately, only 5 out of 400 people (1.25%, more than 3 standard deviations, hence it is not normal) have wingspan about 10 cm shorter. This means it does exist in nature, but it is probably off-looking or odd. Not genetically favoured ratio.

Look at the lines which I drew (wingspans < height by ~10cm):

The rest of the members here who have been rude, I think it is not necessitated. I don't know why but the users of these forums are very very rude and negative. Could it be due to the shorter stature? Is it that bad?

I will be 6 feet after my surgery, and I do not see why I have to be angry/jealous that someone who is 190 cm wanna lengthen to 195-6 cm. It is his life,  not my life. Further, as far as I am concerned,  in most parts of the world, 6 feet is above average. A fortiori, in my country Singapore and developed Asian nations like Korea and Taiwan I am considered very tall or pretty tall. I do not forsee myself doing international work, so I think I am pretty content.

I think each individual has his goal and target,and (again) this thread is going off-topic. The moderators should take a stand as to how the forums are moderated. Most posts would be deleted in old forums (that I know of). It is upsetting to see this community degrade into such negativity. Even the doctor was scared off.

Back to the topic, I think that either femur or tibia would do well. In retrospect, I would have done femur because I think the femur can tolerate greater lengths. At 5 cm, it is pretty OK. Do your research. I think some members are pretty right that you might not go forward with your surgery (in fact, I do not know of anyone who is above 178 and has done LL surgery).

I also do not think there needs to be a separate thread to address the issue of height 190 cm. I think the threadstarter is well aware it is (already) n the top 5th percentile of height in America. (beyond three standard deviations, ie, not normal height).

Sweden

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 06:35:27 AM »

You will ruin your life of you do it.

You are just imagining that you lack height bc you have low self esteem.

If you want to be a bouncer or even a body guard for "Säpo" you need to do physical test where you need to carry heavy weight for a long run and jump over a bar and then kneel to get under it. I've done the tests and there is no way in hell you can do such things post LL. It's just not possible. Nobody can.

I could never be a body guard at 173cm but you can at your current height. Don't ruin your life bc of a few cm.

You can forget about running. Sure you can jog after like 2 years but it's nowhere near what you need to be able to in that kind of work.

If you're doing it anyway. Do it without a rod in your tibias. It will bust up your knees real bad and you'll have days you really wish you didn't do it. You more than anyone else in here, that's for sure.
The tendon still needs to lengthen 5-6cm so it's just as difficult for you as it is for anyone else. Since you already have long limbs you will look ridiculous with even longer ones.

You measured your tibias and femurs wrong. Your femurs are longer, no question about it.

Don't do it! You'll ruin your life in a way I can't explain it.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

YellowSpike

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 07:28:05 AM »

I know. It's sick. I honestly think this guy is just trolling us. And if not...LL is not going to solve his mental issues. If you're having height issues at 6'2/6'3"...man, I don't know what to say.

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »

This is crazy, bro. Why in hell would you get LL when you are 190? I really believe this guy has mental issues. LL wouldn't do anything good for him.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 09:45:22 AM »

And yet the average height of people in this forum keeps increasing  :D :D I expect to see people who are 1m95 or even 2 meters come here to complaint how they always feel short around their abnormal giants friends/relatives in a near future  ;D ;D

Moubgf

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »

Dont scare them away..Encourage them to do it damit. I want to seem them fail.

Snivy

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »

Since you already have long limbs you will look ridiculous with even longer ones.

I'm going to have to disagree. Notice the guy third from the left's knee height and compare it to those around him.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

I'm going to have to disagree. Notice the guy third from the left's knee height and compare it to those around him.

and ur point is?

anway tibia length (for some ethnicity like whites) is co-related with height very well. for others, it is femur length

Uppland

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »

I say so because I've made mockups in which I don't look obviously disproportionate at 192CM...

You're a luckier man than me, I'm pretty sure I couldn't add more than 8CM and even that is stretching it.

Proportions might vary but when all is said and done the only ting that matters is how you look. I also used to play the numbers game and compare my limb lenght to others but the truth is that some people can pull it off while others can't. After about 8CM my legs dominate how I look while my torso looks like an afterthought put on top.

Might be pickier than you about this sort of stuff though.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »

Lots of guys in here are mad at you OP cus they dont want to believe that 6foot3 isnt super imposing, breaking their delusions of being moderately imposing at 6foot-6foot2 after LL.

Overdozer

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »

Lots of guys in here are mad at you OP cus they dont want to believe that 6foot3 isnt super imposing, breaking their delusions of being moderately imposing at 6foot-6foot2 after LL.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »

true statement number 1)
psychological projection can only be valid when people disbelieve facts.

question with no intention to take a side 1)

are there facts that dictate that the great majority of women dream of a 6"5.5 man over a 6"3 man.

--------------------

disclaimer: I don't know the answer to my question, I don't care to know the answer to my question, I don't want to debate the answer to my question, it is a question for other people to ponder and if they should choose to take a side then they can go look for the information and come to their own decision and post the relevant information to debate it amongst themselves.

good luck, and who knows what the answer could be. :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Shor7Guy

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

im not projecting, i believe 6foot3 isn't super imposing and 6foot-6foot2 isn't moderately imposing, not denying it by saying others are.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »

6'3 isn't really going to be much more imposing than 6'0--and almost not more imposing than 6'2 (it's only one inch, after all). Plus, being imposing has very little to do with height; maybe suckers are imposed by height, but unless someone has a reason for me to believe they should be intimidating or imposing, I could care less how tall they are.

For example, who do you consider more imposing: Ed Coan at 5'6 or Snoop Dogg at 6'4? Better yet, Mariusz Pudzianowski at about 6'1 or Conan O'Brian at 6'4-6'5?

Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up