Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent effects of LL  (Read 240920 times)

needheight

Re: Permanent effects of LL
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2015, 05:33:16 AM »

I'm a little confused, you've told a few people on here that doing 4/5 inches is way too much with a starting height of 5'5 but you're saying you want to get to 5'9/5'10?

needheight

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 05:35:35 AM »

I am 5'5 and i am going to do probably 5 on my tibia in the next year but will I do 6 or 7 ?  Bitch I'm 5'5 who the fk wants to be 5'7?  I'm 22 and I am going to be done with my master's degree in November I can't be happy at 5'5.  Hate people the way they treat me and crap.  I really just don't care about it either 5'9 is my ultimate goal but being closet to 5'10 is ideal.

I'm a little confused, you've told a few people on here that doing 4/5 inches is way too much with a starting height of 5'5 because of the smaller bodies but you're saying you want to get to 5'9/5'10?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »

joel,

if youre 5'5, 5'8 or so is a realistic goal

5-10 is too much, 5-9 even is a bit much

big difference between 5'5 and 5'8

Four inches shouldn't hurt anyone divide evenly between segments. That's pretty moderate and reasonable
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

crimsontide

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2015, 07:45:56 PM »

thats over 10 cm and 2 surgeries

its a bit much... people talk about 2 surgeries as if its pretty easy,but lets look at statistics

how many diaries are on this site, and how many of these diaries are of people having 2 surgeries

its very low, close to 0 %...  are there any successful double surgeries on this forum?

heightangel

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »

No succesful double surgeries in the forum. In my opinion, even some people who has done one surgery is hiding information from us. They say everything is OK but it isn't.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »

Define "successful"
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

greatheight

• Newbi

You will end up fked bro
That's the price you've to pay

mini_me

• Visitor
Re: What is the Long term effect of LL? Anyone know please answer. Thanks
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »

I'm all for this, though I wonder how much has been done in the way of studying these long term effects.  If we were to compile a bunch of studies, it would be useful to note what particular surgery was done, when it was performed, what device was used, etc. (though for my interests specifically I want to know more about femoral internal lengthening).

It's strange to me that people out there are still interested in going through CLL when we haven't yet reached a consensus on its long term effects over our legs.  Two new patient diaries for Dr. Paley have sprung up over the last few weeks on the old forum, which I am pretty suspicious of (moreover, why post on a site where your message gets filtered by the admin before it becomes public?).  While I am anticipating the results of the Precice 2 before I jump into CLL myself, I'm pretty concerned about the welfare of the people undertaking CLL without knowing fully its risks and consequences.

Joan Rivers and Michael Jackson thought they looked great with all their plastic surgeries even the infamous "cat woman" so they're examples of people taking conventional plastic surgeries too far but were happy with their results even though others thought they were crazy and looked horrible… so this is also a mental issue especially in LL when you're choosing to get your legs broken. To be fair, all plastic surgeries are partly a mental issue anyway, so it's just the degree of safety & risk that should matter.

I don't believe I will ever get LL in my lifetime based on the cumulative information I've read here and doing my own research so it's good that this forum can convince some people to get the surgery while dissuading others. If everyone who visits this forum became gung ho to get the surgery, I wouldn't trust it.

I do credit all the people who elected to get the surgery for paving the way with their experiences to making this a safer, more accepted form of elective surgery for others in the future. I really think the future for this type of elective surgery looks promising and I'm fascinated by the process, but the current risk/rewards of LL is just not for me.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2015, 09:24:54 PM »

There are no long term studies of CLL, so everyone who does it is taking a gamble. I think that's why there seems to be a big divide between the definitely short doing CLL vs the average height and up people doing CLL. Taking that gamble to no longer deal with all the crap that comes with being short is understandable to a lot of people, whereas taking that gamble for purely aesthetic reasons seems totally mental to a lot of people. I'm in more the average range 5'8, and the people I've let in on my desire to get taller have advised me to see a therapist.

However, even though there are no long term studies, I tend to think in the middle of the road. You probably won't ever be your 100% pre-LL self like some orthopedic surgeons say and what anecdotal evidence seems to show. But at the same time, the claims by certain orthopedic surgeons that CLL is going to make you f***** once you hit middle age seem completely unfounded.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:24 PM »

I would like to hear medical opinions but im afraid they wont be fair. doctors who do CLL would say everything is OK. Other doctors usually say it's totally crazy.

truthtell100

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2015, 12:10:32 AM »

Yes, all doctors who perform CLL will say it's OK, especially drs who underplay risks, like dr monegal or dr betz according to many users.but it isnt.

I would like to hear medical opinions but im afraid they wont be fair. doctors who do CLL would say everything is OK. Other doctors usually say it's totally crazy.

microman

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2015, 12:14:55 AM »

it's hard to tell what will happen down the line, but people go to sunbeds and everyone knows it's not safe, and people get skin cancer all the time by that, yet it's still given approval.

I'm no expert, but for this i can only think early onset of arthritus in the knees, I can't imagine anything else happening other than that.

but all scientific evidence supports that once the bone is healed everything is back to normal and any doctor looking at your knee bones would conclude that you bone is exactly the same as it was 9 months ago, only longer, so i like to think there are no issues.

very unlike the sun bed people, any doctor would say you will get skin cancer, and your going to get it, and i can see it happening, yet people (mostly girls) do it and you thin why there are many attractive women who are very white.

I would say liposuction is pretty bad, but i don't know much about it, id say sun beds and liposuciton are worse than LL, just because something is painful and invasive doens't mean it isn't safer than other things which are more conventional.

Descreteuser

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »

Q: What is the long term effect of limb-lengthening?
A:
 Leg lengthening procedure is a kind of controlled fracture healing and once the bone is healed, there is no long term effects on the lengthened bone, as bone is under constant remodeling, hence the newly formed bone is as strong as the intact original bone.  The real concern is on the long term mechanical effects on the joints.  As change of height and bone length, will lead to change of body balance and loading pattern on the joint will be changed.  However, our body can adjust the gait pattern to adopt the changes, and it will take a few years for the body to fully adapt to the new changes.During this period, we will recommend modest exercise.  We have several patients who had leg lengthening surgery 15 years ago and none of them complained any serious complications such as arthritis.  The long term effect of cosmetic surgery (20-40 years) is not yet known and we don’t anticipate any major complications at this stage based on our clinical observations.

find that on a site
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

axelf

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »

Yes, all doctors who perform CLL will say it's OK, especially drs who underplay risks, like dr monegal or dr betz according to many users.but it isnt.
.  Please tell US what happened!

Uppland

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »

There are a number of risks that might happen.

What will happen is that your muscles will have to apply force over a larger area and thus be slower and weaker. Imagine you're swinging a small stick, it's pretty easy and fast. Now imagine you swing a longer and heavier stick, your swings will be much slower and heavier won't they?

This is basic physics and cannot be avoided, it is possible to train and adapt the muscles but I've only seen two examples of people who claim they got back to their previous level.

Don't lengthen too much and don't deviate from a natural ratio between the femur and tibia.

microman

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2015, 01:00:13 AM »

well on the ratio thing that can arguably be fixed again by making the femurs longer, so they are back to their original ratio.

crimsontide

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:59 AM »

youll never be 100% again, but youll be okay

i dont  put too much weight into the muscle being weaker

its true it will have a longer axis, but the muscles stretch a bit, and  the body adapts

id say 2 full years to get to 90% or so, especially if external was done

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: My Knee Issues
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »

Just wanted to update everyone on this.  My knees have been progressively getting better since I started this thread.  I don't feel any pain at all when I walk now, and the sensitivity upon kneeling is maybe a 1 on this scale now.

I'm not as anti-internal nail as I once was in light of these developments.

TRS

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »

Just wanted to update everyone on this.  My knees have been progressively getting better since I started this thread.  I don't feel any pain at all when I walk now, and the sensitivity upon kneeling is maybe a 1 on this scale now.

Very interesting!
Thanks for the update.

TRS

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »

BTW Are you receiving any treatment or have you started any activity that could potentially decrease the knee pain?
If not, then would you have any idea why the pain has subsided? And are there times when your knee pain temporarily rises?

Uppland

« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »

Congratulations, these are very very good news.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2015, 10:56:13 PM »

BTW Are you receiving any treatment or have you started any activity that could potentially decrease the knee pain?
If not, then would you have any idea why the pain has subsided? And are there times when your knee pain temporarily rises?

Hmm...

Three years ago I weighed 160 lbs, and that was when my knee issues were at their worst.  Now I'm down to 135 lbs.  Maybe less stress on my joints is the reason.  My diet has also been a bit healthier in the past couple of years, so maybe improved nutrition also plays a part.

But that could very well be an illusory correlation.  160 lbs isn't all that heavy.

theuprising

« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2015, 11:41:05 PM »

With the studies mentioning permanent knee pain I would be curious to see if the percentage of complications was still over 70% after 10 years for example. Glad to hear your pain has decreased mdow however I'll still be steering clear of tibial nailing.  :P

crimsontide

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2015, 12:37:55 AM »

glad to see this!!!

btw, when people say they are against tiabial nailing,

internal tibias always requires tibial nailing, correct??

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »

glad to see this!!!

btw, when people say they are against tiabial nailing,

internal tibias always requires tibial nailing, correct??

By definition.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2015, 04:12:12 AM »

Not a cripple or an amputee, suffering from major depressive disorder with suicidal ideation.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

Sweden

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2015, 07:18:32 AM »

No succesful double surgeries in the forum. In my opinion, even some people who has done one surgery is hiding information from us. They say everything is OK but it isn't.

Too many says they're OK but in fact they suffer every day.

I've been told I'm the only honest one about what the procedure is really like. Not sure about it but having met so many patients all over I can say I healed up pretty well.

It may sound as I'm complaining a lot about aches or different problems but I'm just telling it the way it is. Nobody gets unaffected from this and I bet I can outrun most of the old patients in here.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Uppland

« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »

Too many says they're OK but in fact they suffer every day.

I've been told I'm the only honest one about what the procedure is really like. Not sure about it but having met so many patients all over I can say I healed up pretty well.

It may sound as I'm complaining a lot about aches or different problems but I'm just telling it the way it is. Nobody gets unaffected from this and I bet I can outrun most of the old patients in here.

Now I'm certainly impressed with what you've done Sweden and I am the first to applaud your commitment to truth rather than sugar coating. That said, after seeing your videos I feel like there are a couple of femur patients that move and run in a smoother more natural way, can't tell about their speed though.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »

If I could undo LL, I would. Being mid-20s and not able to participate in sports for the rest of my life, and moving like an arthritic 70+ through most movements is not worth being taller.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Sweden

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

If I could undo LL, I would. Being mid-20s and not able to participate in sports for the rest of my life, and moving like an arthritic 70+ through most movements is not worth being taller.

This is just tragic, but I understand you. :(

------------

I move pretty stiff bc of my broken foot right now. Before that I ran almost every day and it just went better and better.
The foot set me back a lot and I gained some weight too.
It's going away soon and I'll be cycling more now instead, but I will always fight until I can run descent again.
I ran 10km in March this year in ~56minutes. I'm pretty happy with that.

There must be many who can move better than me I'm sure of it. But the general patient is not in to serious sports.
I will try to get back in competitive class again. Just have to change my style a bit.

Most likely there will be aches for the rest of our lives - that goes for everyone who lengthened their legs.
Especially when we get older.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Taller

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2015, 02:30:29 AM »

56 minutes for 10km isn't bad at all for a guy in his 30's. Most men in their 30's would be much slower than that. So congrats! What was your 10km time before LL?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up