Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amputation due to LL  (Read 13226 times)

theuprising

Amputation due to LL
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »

I've been reading about negative outcomes of LL with uneven limbs, non unions and such
coming up in the literature however amputation of limbs is one factor that is listed as a risk
but I've yet to find a case. Would having internals or externals lead to higher risk? My own
opinion is a competent doctor would be able to avoid these major risks.

What do you guys think?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Amputation due to LL
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »

I honestly have no idea which would lead to a higher risk of amputation between externals and internals. If I had to hazard a guess, I would think internals would have a higher risk than externals simply because it's more invasive.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:45:39 PM »

I have never heard about any LL leading to amputation.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

mediocre

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:02:51 AM »

One likely cause of amputation from CLL is neurovascular damage which could lead to gangrene. This is very unlikely to happen from the hands of a good surgeon.

Another is infection which can rarely lead to amputation. Both internal and external carry the risk but more so for external in long-term case.

Metanoia

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

Yes, correct. Chronical infection is one possibility. Another would be compartment syndrome when not treated quickly. I know a patient of Dr. Betz who had compartment syndrome in his tibia after the surgery. His complication was only treated on the 3rd day after. As a result he had his complete tibialis muscle removed. If he had waited a bit longer, a complete amputation would have been necessary.

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »

Yes, correct. Chronical infection is one possibility. Another would be compartment syndrome when not treated quickly. I know a patient of Dr. Betz who had compartment syndrome in his tibia after the surgery. His complication was only treated on the 3rd day after. As a result he had his complete tibialis muscle removed. If he had waited a bit longer, a complete amputation would have been necessary.

its pretty obvious you have a hidden agenda against Betz. Can you please stop spreading false rumours without any evidence. You did this in another thread and people called you out, but only for you to go back to your cave because you don't have any evidence.
FFS you are ruining this forum by targeting a specific doctor.

//mods, can anyone just look through his posting history. I am sure betz is mentioned in 90% of them.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Claude

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »

its pretty obvious you have a hidden agenda against Betz. Can you please stop spreading false rumours without any evidence. You did this in another thread and people called you out, but only for you to go back to your cave because you don't have any evidence.

//mods, can anyone just look through his posting history. I am sure betz is mentioned in 90% of them.

Yeah i would like to know too, how can he walk normaly without his mucle by the way ?

JP

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:27 PM »

Hi:

Would you mind telling us the issued that lead to compartment syndrome in Dr. Betz patient?

Is it because Dr. Betz used a large nail and why did it take Dr. Betz 3 days after surgery to diagnose compartment syndrome?

JP

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:34 PM »

Yeah i would like to know too, how can he walk normaly without his mucle by the way ?

You may find this video sad to watch; that is, because this guy lost his leg muscles after compartment syndrome.

mediocre

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 06:13:12 AM »

He's still lucky he didn't lose his leg.

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 06:37:28 AM »

That is must have been awful to go through!

I was planning on going with one if the cheaper doctors but the stuff I have seen or read about lately has encouraged me to save up more money and go with the best doctor I can find.

Smallguy

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:18 AM »

I was planning on going with one if the cheaper doctors but the stuff I have seen or read about lately has encouraged me to save up more money and go with the best doctor I can find.

Yes, if you have the money, it's always better to do it right the first time around. But don't let this type of video discourage you. They always have these types of video in every field of cosmetic surgery. Just look at Michael Jackson's nose job. Hope no one is discouraged from doing rhinoplasty because of his example.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

mediocre

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:47 AM »

This is one area I don't need.
My gastroc/soleus are very prominent.

Metanoia

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:13 AM »

Hey stupid,

if you don't believe me it's your problem. From your postings which are inflationary many here it is obvious you have no experience with LL whatsoever.
I do know Betz and that is why i am writing here as a contribution to the forum. You however are just contributing your  personal opinions which are of little value.

Metanoia

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 08:56:45 AM »

Hi:

Would you mind telling us the issued that lead to compartment syndrome in Dr. Betz patient?

Is it because Dr. Betz used a large nail and why did it take Dr. Betz 3 days after surgery to diagnose compartment syndrome?

Hi

compartment syndrome just happens during this kind of surgery. When it happens, the wound needs to be opened to release the pressure. However, very often it goes away without interference, leaving behind some nerve damage like e.g. people won't be able to move a toe. Therefore Dr. Betz probably just waited in expectation that it goes away by itself. Also this happend on the weekend. I don't know what the dr. was thinking, i am just stating what happened. There are patients who get compartment syndrome but don't know it because it went away by itself. However they can't move a toe or two afterwards because of the nerve damage.
In this case it did not go away and therefore the muscle died too.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »

Good! Keep up the discussion to ward off newbies from thinking about LL.

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 04:58:20 PM »

You may find this video sad to watch; that is, because this guy lost his leg muscles after compartment syndrome.

i just jumped into CLL reading some stories on old forum  without doing any research and blindly trusting old forum  .
after watching this video gave me a chill and made me realize "what the fk i did to myself ".
i pray to god that no one in this world go through this kinda situation .
I'm still freaked and will be freaked my entire life after watching this video .

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »

Lets look at Mimes contibution to the forum:

first post:
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and quite happy there is no censorship like on old forum .
The % of complications with Betz for Femur patients is currently around 30%. For Tibia it is even much worse. Dr. Betz is constantly lying to hs patients and actually gets very unfriendly if you ask too many questions. He is well protected by the rotten German law system, which is massively in favor of doctors.

Stay away from Dr.Betz, no matter which nail he uses.
He says that betz get unfriendly when you ask too many questions? I have read like 10 patient diary on old forum  where they actually write that Betz is so comfortable and convincing in the consultation. How he takes alot of time off even a complete day just to answer their question fully. Some people even say he has such a desire for LL and it toally blew them away how he loved his work.

this is a entire thread started by him.. after few accusations someone actually questions him about evidence only for him to reply:
Hi,

Sorry but i cannot disclose my source in an open forum.

then in a different betz thread
Hi Sadboy,

Going with Betz is like taking a gamble. You might be lucky but there might happen some bad things.

and he keeps it up by brainwashing the other guy in the thread by absolute shamble of an serious accusation:
Hi Sadboy,

Yes, when reading the old forum one can easily get this impression. Unfortunately it is a scam. Betz is quite unsafe (30-40% of his patients do get serious complications). And he isn't cheap either. So actually there is no rational reason to go to Betz.

4/10 get serious complication! One of the leading LL doc, who saved alot of people from height discrimination is now a scam.

but he wont stop there.
in a completely different thread. this suddenly pops up all out of sudden:
Hello Chris,

stay away from Fitbone. Even Betz, one of its inventors and a gambler and crook, doesn't use it anymore. There were many many issues with it. Maybe he sold his old stock to the Turkish doctor.
(edit: in the post above, he is talking to chrisIsaak. Who is today, right now, undergoing LL with fitbone in turkey without complication. Chris fortunately ignored Mimes warning and is now having a successful LL and a diary on LL Forum which you can read HERE)

and

To put it bluntly: Dr.Betz is a criminal. He systematically lies to his patients, exposes them to risks and dangers like probably no other doctor except maybe the Nazi doctors in the concentration camps
 This is a serious warning:Do not believe anything Dr.Betz tells you.
Dr. betz worse than Nazi doctors? is this the standard of posting LL Forum is content with?

Hi Kusop,

Betz is a crappy surgeon for LL. His specialty is Traumatology and he never really studied the details of LL, instead he is using his patients as guinea pigs. His Tibia patients e.g. all end up messed up. On top of that he has no ethics and is lying to his patients.

look, there are 20 more of these posts. I am not gonna quote every single one.
This person goes around, no matter what the topic of discussion is, he somehow manages to connect the topic to Betz and then starts raving about how Betz is a scam and 40% of his patients ends up with serious complication.

It is quite obvious this person has an agenda and its unhealthy. Not only for him but for the forum. In a different thread where he polluted, a betz patient actually had second thoughts after reading his misinformation. But fortunately he found out later that it was all lies.

Now LL Forum members, how is this kind of action accepted? I know I came off very bad when I used swearwords but my point still stands.

Read my posting history. I, myself, am very skeptical to betz due to his nail bending and cost of titanium. I am not going to do LL with Betz. But I am not going to stand and watch someone defame and spread calculated misinformation about a reputable doctor who saved alot of short people. If he has evidence fine, go on. But everytime someone asks for it, he dodges.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:55:51 PM by kusop »

JP

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »

Good and thank you, mime!

JP

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »

Kusop just send me a private message:

are u f**king stupid ??

Kusop
This is NOT your website and I can say whatever I want. You are nobody and I suggest you speak to the administrator if you have complained. please STOP annoying me.

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »

Guys guys guys,

Let's keep it civil, shall we?

Maybe we should all take a step back and look at what this forum is intended to do. We are not here to criticize individuals, resolve personal vendettas or start dissing eachother. The intention is to disseminate proper information. The type of communication going on in this thread is unhealthy and not conducive to anyones goals.

Sermon over.

Muse

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »

drew, you can forward me that Pm.  I have received a complain from another member (Arche)  about Kusop sending another Pm awhile back.   

I will be discussing this with other moderators as there seems to be a pattern emerging here.   I hope to resolve this soon once the relevant information is received.  I will probably merge all of the related posts later in a thread.

In the meantime, let's get back to other threads.   
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:00:35 PM by Dameon »
Pages: [1]   Go Up