Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 inches external tibia Dr.Amar Sarin  (Read 91591 times)

Morissette

3 inches external tibia Dr.Amar Sarin
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »

I will be writing a full log from my experience with Dr.Sarin from day 1 until I consider my self recovered feel free to ask me questions I will answer as best I can. Firstly let me tell you about myself. I'm 19 years old my height is 168cm I wish to add 9cm with this operation. I'm a personal trainer back home that being said I'm in excellent shape and more then ready to take on this challenge (I'm not looking for advice about length or doing 2 procedures such responses will be ignored). I had my consultation with Sarin August 27th we discussed how much I want to lengthen and he said 3inches shouldn't be a problem but if I need to stop beforehand I will.

I had surgery earlier today Sarin said surgery went very well I'm now in a hospital bed waiting to start the lengthening process. There is a little bit of pain in my left ankle hopefully it stops in a few days. I will try to update every time something new happens wish me luck:).

TIBIKE200

Re: 3 inches external tibia Dr.Amar Sarin
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »

good luck.

I know you said that you won't listen to advice on length but just listen to the 3 inch of your doc and from there see how you feel/how your body reacts. You still have time though.

Again, best of luck and have an easy lengthening
I learned some stuff during this time

Chris

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »

Hi an good luck from me as well Morissette  :)
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Morissette

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »

If my body can't take it or the pain is too much I will definitely stop before I would stop at 2cm if it's too much hopefully that won't be the case but we can only wait and see!:)

Morissette

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 09:09:48 PM »

The first night is incredibly painful but the nurse said the pain seises as the days go on luckily I can pain killers but I'm trying to use the least as I can so I endure a lot of it.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »

Good luck man. I will follow your diary. I would like to know if Sarin has improved. He had very bad cases in the past but perhaps he has improved
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »

3 inches in tibias start being a lot of cm, do 7 cm, dont take such risks
Budget will determine my future.

Morissette

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 02:28:47 AM »

I did address some of his previous cases because I want to be able to walk again and return to my normal life if I didn't like his answers I would have walked out. But he said he performs 4 surgeries like this a month complications during surgery don't generally happen( my surgery only took 45minutes). Complications arise during the lengthening process people take shortcuts lengthen more a day then he told them too and then blame him. Also he said that people don't take the time to clean their pins very well which is extremely important health pin sites means healthy bones healthy bones means healthy blood. You must also do all excercises given to you to. I'm sure that he has in the past made mistakes during this operation but he has been doing this for over 20 years now he knows how to fix the problems and he won't charge you more. He hasn't hassled me about the payment he said he's in no rush my dad will take care of it once he goes back to Canada.

Alu

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 03:44:22 AM »

3 inches in tibias start being a lot of cm, do 7 cm, dont take such risks

You do realize 7 cm is practically in the same ballpark as 3 inches right?...

OP: I have my opinions on Sarin: Last Doctor I would ever go to... Considering you've done it already I wish you luck and a safe journey. However, with that in mind... 3 inches on Tibia is far too much. It's too much risk. Do 5 cm only: it's substantial, and doesn't provide much risk on tibia.

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 03:57:08 AM »

Well, yes do 2 inches like Alu said, I just say 7 because he really wants to push it. Half cm can make a difference in recovery too.

Morissette

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:22 AM »

The pain has gotten much more tolerable today the food in the hospital is pretty good as well. I haven't seen Sarin since surgery but I get checked up on regularly by nurses and other doctors I'm quite satisfied as of now. I'm not spending all this money on 5cm if I can achieve the full 9cm. 5cm technically isn't even 2" I'm doing this surgery once and then I'm moving on with my life it has been done many times before me I also have  pharmaceutical Hgh medication waiting for me back home which will speed up the consolidation phase immensely. I truly appreciate everyone's concern with my safety but lengthening is very controlled and we can analyze day by day how my body is handling it. I will keep you all updated thank you:).

I'm very lucky to have the support of my parents throughout this "adventure".

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:43 AM »

9cms?! So almost 4 inches on tibias?! There's no "moving on" and living your life if you've done irreparable damage, but glad you're going to decide as time passes. Just at least be open minded about it.

Good luck! :)

Alu

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »

You decided to to tibias, so I'm giving you the absolute best advice I can.. 5 CM ONLY! I know that sounds disappointing, but when you pass 5 CM on tibias there is absolutely zero going back. It's being proven time and time again that anything over 5 cm on Tibia greatly hampers your recovery years into the future. It's not to say it's impossible, or that you'll basically be a cripple... but you won't be anywhere close to where you were before and enjoying your new height will not be easy.

If you wanted the full 8 cm, you should have gone for the femurs... play it smart!

Morissette

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 08:38:20 PM »

Day 3 since surgery the pain is very tolerable I can move my legs side to side and up and down. The food isn't bad although it's vegetarian diet hopefully the guest house has better options. The staff is very friendly and will get you anything you need. I'm not wasting 20000$  to still be under the average height of my country. I think 9cm is too much but 3" shouldn't be a problem and if it is we will be able to tell and stop. It's been done before many times with full recoverys it all depends on you and your lifestyle. I believe I will be transferred over to the guest house working 7 days to begin lengthening. I'm barely taking any pain killers anymore and I can sleep just fine I will keep you posted.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »

So i guess it's better to enjoy your height with mechanical problems or worse, on a wheelchair.

Rethink that.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 08:50:16 PM »

Give the guy a break. He is an adult (young one but still an adult). It's his legs and his responsibility.

Good luck buddy :)

Sweden

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »

You're doing 9cm on tibias?? Well, then kiss your former healthy and active life goodbye. You won't recover to even nearly as 50-60%. The ones who say they have recovered to 100% doesn't even know of their own potential. These guys are happy they can walk.

I did 7cm with Dr Sarin from January to May in 2013. It's now been 3 years and 3 months since I left the guesthouse in India.
I can honestly tell you that I am crippled today to the point that I can not run if I don't prepare myself. I was going to catch the bus yesterday and saw it around the corner. Before my LL it was never any problems running to the station. I was fast as a cheetah and a professional sportsman. But I couldn't even start running because I've been walking too much that day.
It truly sucked just watching the bus drive away and I felt like an old man.

Don't pass 5-5,5cm. Your life will not be better with 9cm on your legs. You will also look totally weird. Everyone will notice your too long tibias. Your strides when walking will be way off from what is normal. Most likely you will end up with knee problems too.

Today I am 35 years old. I wish so bad that I've stopped at my planned 6cm. The numbers got to me and I thought 1cm wouldn't be much worse so that I could become 180cm.
Big mistake.
I'm positive I would have been much much better than I am today if only I've stopped at 6cm instead of 7cm.

I can barely jump at all. My legs got so weak that I developed X-legs which I suffer from every day. My tibias are too long and it's just not normal for the body when doing squats or anything else in the gym where you use your legs. The human is already perfect from the beginning. If anyone tries to alter that it never ends up in a good way.

I have some kind of pain EVERY DAY. I still need to take tramadol some days when it is extreme but mostly just aspirin.
I try to do heavy weight training in the gym but my ankles are still very stiff and have bad range of motion so it makes it very difficult. My X-legs gives me really trouble if I want to work out explosiveness in my legs. One time I was close to die just bc my knee sprung to the side and I fell down with 80kg above me.

The worse part is just that I can not run whenever I want to. And then the X-legs.

You will be much worse if you do 9cm. WAY WORSE!!

Stick to a maximum of 6cm, but preferable 5cm.
It's not about the money. It is about your life!!
If I would have done 7cm when I was 19 years old then everything I've done in sports would be all gone.
From now on you will never know for the rest of your life what you could have done in sports.

And yes, I have enjoyed many moments from being taller. The empowerment it has given me is priceless! I earn more now than ever before - but I will never know if it has anything to do with my surgery. Next year I hope to break the $100.000 a year barrier. After I'm done working this much I'm planning to go visit Dr Betz or Guichet so hopefully they can make me better than I am today.

Take care and stand up as much as you possibly can do - every day!
Give my best to Dr Sarin!
/Sweden
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Morissette

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

Thank you! I'm writing this diary for people who are are planning to do the same and are curious as to how the process goes. I was very clear that I didn't wanna hear about how much I'm lengthening it's my choice I will be fine if you wanna spend thousands of dollars for 1" be my guest but let others decided for themselves. People have done 6"+ in one segment and have been fine. I've been to the guest house pre surgery and I met many people most of whom were Indian. One in particular was a professional cricket player in India who lengthen 4.5" a year later he was playing again he had returned to remove the LON nail.

Morissette

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »

Sweden I have read up on your situation I've been lurking this site for a long time now I truly am sorry for how things turned out for you but you doing this at 32years old at was already a red flag. You need to be young to recover fully also I have gh back home if you know how good it is you would know I will be okay. 8cm is the MAX I would lengthen I'm not saying I will actually achieve this that's my goal but I'm more then prepared to stop before hand.

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

My friend, it is your choice,but if you want 9 or 11 cm, you should do 4 segments, instead of two, believe me, you will be better than doing 9 cm in just two segments.

Morissette

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 10:09:54 PM »

Dr. Sarin does 30-40 of these surgerys a year for the past 20 years. There are maybe 7 diaries related to him some of which were successful. People are more likely to share their experience of they're angry and unsatisfied with their results, if everything went smoothly and recovery happened well it's easy to put it in the past and move on. You have convinced me that 9cm is too much but I'm not stopping at 5cm unless necessary.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 10:16:02 PM »

You're doing 9cm on tibias?? Well, then kiss your former healthy and active life goodbye. You won't recover to even nearly as 50-60%. The ones who say they have recovered to 100% doesn't even know of their own potential. These guys are happy they can walk.

I did 7cm with Dr Sarin from January to May in 2013. It's now been 3 years and 3 months since I left the guesthouse in India.
I can honestly tell you that I am crippled today to the point that I can not run if I don't prepare myself. I was going to catch the bus yesterday and saw it around the corner. Before my LL it was never any problems running to the station. I was fast as a cheetah and a professional sportsman. But I couldn't even start running because I've been walking too much that day.
It truly sucked just watching the bus drive away and I felt like an old man.

Don't pass 5-5,5cm. Your life will not be better with 9cm on your legs. You will also look totally weird. Everyone will notice your too long tibias. Your strides when walking will be way off from what is normal. Most likely you will end up with knee problems too.

Today I am 35 years old. I wish so bad that I've stopped at my planned 6cm. The numbers got to me and I thought 1cm wouldn't be much worse so that I could become 180cm.
Big mistake.
I'm positive I would have been much much better than I am today if only I've stopped at 6cm instead of 7cm.

I can barely jump at all. My legs got so weak that I developed X-legs which I suffer from every day. My tibias are too long and it's just not normal for the body when doing squats or anything else in the gym where you use your legs. The human is already perfect from the beginning. If anyone tries to alter that it never ends up in a good way.

I have some kind of pain EVERY DAY. I still need to take tramadol some days when it is extreme but mostly just aspirin.
I try to do heavy weight training in the gym but my ankles are still very stiff and have bad range of motion so it makes it very difficult. My X-legs gives me really trouble if I want to work out explosiveness in my legs. One time I was close to die just bc my knee sprung to the side and I fell down with 80kg above me.

The worse part is just that I can not run whenever I want to. And then the X-legs.

You will be much worse if you do 9cm. WAY WORSE!!

Stick to a maximum of 6cm, but preferable 5cm.
It's not about the money. It is about your life!!
If I would have done 7cm when I was 19 years old then everything I've done in sports would be all gone.
From now on you will never know for the rest of your life what you could have done in sports.

And yes, I have enjoyed many moments from being taller. The empowerment it has given me is priceless! I earn more now than ever before - but I will never know if it has anything to do with my surgery. Next year I hope to break the $100.000 a year barrier. After I'm done working this much I'm planning to go visit Dr Betz or Guichet so hopefully they can make me better than I am today.

Give my best to Dr Sarin!
/Sweden

You need to do another ilizarov to fix the x-legs... But it would be nice if you could do a recap of how the added height changed your life for better or worse... What changed in terms of sociability, jobs, women etc... If it's all exaggerated in the forum or if it's real

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

Dr. Sarin does 30-40 of these surgerys a year for the past 20 years. There are maybe 7 diaries related to him some of which were successful. People are more likely to share their experience of they're angry and unsatisfied with their results, if everything went smoothly and recovery happened well it's easy to put it in the past and move on. You have convinced me that 9cm is too much but I'm not stopping at 5cm unless necessary.

Do whatever you want it's your life.

But getting additional cm's for the price of basic life functions is just stupid. People only try to warn you.

Alu

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »

Sweden I have read up on your situation I've been lurking this site for a long time now I truly am sorry for how things turned out for you but you doing this at 32years old at was already a red flag. You need to be young to recover fully also I have gh back home if you know how good it is you would know I will be okay. 8cm is the MAX I would lengthen I'm not saying I will actually achieve this that's my goal but I'm more then prepared to stop before hand.

Age isn't a huge factor as people play it out to be. I know a guy who did it at 52 years old with Paley. He did all 4 segments for a total gain of 4.5 inches. And guess what? He's pretty much near 100%. Know why? He played it smart.

I'm done stating what I personally need to state. Good luck.

Morissette

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 11:55:33 PM »

Age is the biggest factor lol, age has everything to do with your hormone levels which is what heals you. Also why I have hgh waiting for me at home to greatly speed up consolidation phase. Maybe if I had 200k chillin in a bank account I would do the same but that's not the case I don't wish to put myself in debt for the rest of my life because US doctors are greedy. I started this diary because I wanted to help others decide wether or not they wanted to go through what I'm going through right now. I also thought I would get support and motivation from other members but so far I regret sharing my experience. Have a good life.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 12:20:44 AM »

I also thought I would get support and motivation from other members but so far I regret sharing my experience. Have a good life.

Good luck! :)

Good luck man. I will follow your diary. I would like to know if Sarin has improved. He had very bad cases in the past but perhaps he has improved

Besides:
Age is the biggest factor lol, age has everything to do with your hormone levels which is what heals you. Also why I have hgh waiting for me at home to greatly speed up consolidation phase. Maybe if I had 200k chillin in a bank account I would do the same but that's not the case I don't wish to put myself in debt for the rest of my life because US doctors are greedy. I started this diary because I wanted to help others decide wether or not they wanted to go through what I'm going through right now. I also thought I would get support and motivation from other members but so far I regret sharing my experience. Have a good life.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. You want to do ridicilous amount of lengthening per segment(on tibias which have bigger limits), with Sarin who is well known of being one of the worst LL surgeons and on top of that you want to use HGH which will probably screw your endocrine system.

But you only see that some people DARE to disagree with you. We are not attacking but actually worrying about your future health, that's the difference between this forum and the old one.

So many people had their lives destroyed but people learn nothing.

Anyway, good luck with your journey, i hope you will be alright.

Morissette

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 04:32:34 AM »

Pain has fully stopped doctors are impressed by how much mobility I have regained in my legs already I'm still satisfied with the care they are providing for me my only complaint would be I haven't been able to speak to Dr.Sarin since surgery I presume he must be very busy hopefully I'll get too see him before I get sent over to the guest house. I'm almost off of all pain killers at this point and I will start lengthening on Monday. I will keep you posted!

slicker

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 06:09:54 AM »

I have never met a bunch of whiners and complainers except on these damn LL forums. I have done two LLs. I personally know several people in their 20s that did 10 cm on tibiae and fully recovered. Dr. Sarin is a good doctor....the external tib operation is about as easy as they come for an LL doctor. Yes...3 inches is standard for how much one should lengthen on tibs...but several people have done more.  You never go back to who you were...i dont care which doctor you go to (betz or otherwise...and I know several that went to betz). LL is what you make it...its about overcoming every obstacle thrown at you.  height is worth it. If you cant get to 9cm...Sarin is going to stop you.  Big thing is dont lay in bed all day...you have to stand as much as possible...or sit in a chair and get you feet flat on the ground as much as possible.

Sweden

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 08:56:30 AM »

It is impossible, for anyone in the world, to recover fully after doing 10cm. Stop saying these things.
You won't be able to jump normal again.

Do 9cm and take your HGH back home. Then show us some videos of when you're doing some jumping, running and quick turnings. I really hope you make it.
But the thing is - it's impossible.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Thatdude950

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 09:50:26 AM »

but 3" shouldn't be a problem and if it is we will be able to tell and stop. It's been done before many times with full recoverys

No. No. No. Listen to Sweden.

What "full recovery" means to a couch potato is going to be very different to a personal trainer. Again, listen to Sweden.

Morissette

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

I guess I will just have to prove everyone wrong. Explain to me how Sarin is a butcher. My surgery went extremely well took 45 minutes for both legs the rest is up to me I have to turn the dial to lengthen my legs I have to clean the pin sites I have to follow the physiotherapy Sarin did his job he's a very kind man I don't understand why people bash him. He hasn't hasselled me for a dime yet he says he's in no rush I would like to see if other doctors would operate before being paid I highly doubt it. Synthetic hgh is given to children everyday to help their growth, it is the healthiest hormone you could take synthetically thousands of older folks take it every day to make them feel young and refreshed. My endocrine system will only get boosted by the hgh because hgh effects everything even testosterone levels I know this because I took courses on the endocrine system. It's a fascinating subject you can accomplish just about anything with hormones.it stays in your blood stream for about 10-20 minutes does what it needs to do then it's gone. 3" in Tibias is very normal who the hell spends all that money for hardly any change? Anyways I'm done arguing I still welcome you to follow my story and see how it goes I understand that you aren't attacking me you're just worried but we're all gunna make it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up