Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the current site mods be fired and replaced?

Yes
- 7 (25%)
No
- 18 (64.3%)
Other suggestion
- 3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the current mod(s) be fired and replaced?  (Read 8383 times)

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
Should the current mod(s) be fired and replaced?
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »

I see there are a few people unsatisfied with the forum and asking for the mods to do something, so I made a poll to help you guys who want a voice.  :D
Oh I forgot, nominate your pick for new mods if you think yes!

Who am I? A bored 5'11 male who first found this forum through subredditdrama and have been highly entertained by the discussions on this site so far.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Should the current mod(s) be fired and replaced?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 08:11:44 PM »

I think about opening my own Pitchfork emporium.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

I think about opening my own Pitchfork emporium.

I totally encourage it.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:32:58 PM »

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Ozymandias

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »

I have been critical of some decisions (or undecisions?) lately but this is a bit unfair. Being a mod is not easy, there is a very thin line between being too permissive and being a dictator. I'm assuming that Kilo & the others are doing this for free, therefore I appreciate the effort.

IMO, just ban the old paranoid troll and the new sarcastic troll and we should be OK.

Auron

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »

IMO, just ban the old paranoid troll and the new sarcastic troll and we should be OK.

I don't think that mods are doing their job right up to now but I do agree with you on this one.

fujitora

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »

Since this is a public forum and everyone has the right to express themselves, its inevitable that some gentleman misuses this right and runs around spreading false information and/or objectionable content. Even if the mods block such users, it's quite possible that they create a new account and do the same thing.

I think the mods are doing a pretty good job, and I would prefer this forum to be open for everyone. Instead, I think people should understand that this is public forum and anything posted here is not vetted by experts, or the forum doesn't have to be compliant with any regulatory standards. So take the information posted here with a grain of salt.

I would just ignore the trolls, pity and ignore the fools, but try to do my best to help people who're genuine.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

BiggestProblem

Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 09:53:12 PM »

Since this is a public forum and everyone has the right to express themselves, its inevitable that some gentleman misuses this right and runs around spreading false information and/or objectionable content. Even if the mods block such users, it's quite possible that they create a new account and do the same thing.

I think the mods are doing a pretty good job, and I would prefer this forum to be open for everyone. Instead, I think people should understand that this is public forum and anything posted here is not vetted by experts, or the forum doesn't have to be compliant with any regulatory standards. So take the information posted here with a grain of salt.

I would just ignore the trolls, pity and ignore the fools, but try to do my best to help people who're genuine.

Finally someone got it.

Auron

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:58 PM »

You haven't said anything that we don't know but blocking such users its sending them a mensage that we don't agree with their behavior.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 11:36:46 PM »

Nightwish

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:14 PM »

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3836.0

That thread basically sums up the forum now.

Something has to give imo. Strikingly noticeable that Dr Birkholtz seems to have given up with this place as well. Every other thread is about Dr Monegal and Musicmaker and anything decent and informative gets lost in the  . 
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

EndGame

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:37 AM »

I see there are a few people unsatisfied with the forum and asking for the mods to do something, so I made a poll to help you guys who want a voice.  :D
Oh I forgot, nominate your pick for new mods if you think yes!

Who am I? A bored 5'11 male who first found this forum through subredditdrama and have been highly entertained by the discussions on this site so far.

Bored, having fun reading about the struggles of others, not enough drama recently, so you figured you would try to stir some up? That sum up you and your thread accurately? I've never read any of your posts before so perhaps I'm not being fair but that's how you come across to me. Anyway I think kilo is doing a decent job.

I guess many of us do feel LLuser1 (or whatever his handle is) and his posts and drama with dr. monegal has grown old... jbc diary might get started but who doubts it'll get rehijacked? a more productive activity than trying to replace kilo is perhaps discussing more subtle options.

I'd like to see banning a user simply from a certain thread instead of entirely kicking them off the site. It's a bit more surgical and precise and less draconian and hopefully would get used more often than the full ban. Is that functionality something which can be added? I think that might solve a lot of problems. Perhaps, I'm pulling this thread off topic with my suggestion. If we had the surgical thread by thread ban option kilo could ban me solely from this thread...

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 02:02:21 AM »

If a post is not clearly against the rules, then I don't remove a post or ban a user for posting it. The exception to this is in the Patient Experiences section. If someone starts a diary and wants a post or a particular set of posts removed from that thread, then all the creator of the diary has to do is notify me or TRS of the posts they want removed and it will be done. If what is posted in a diary by a separate member is not against the site rules though, then those posts won't be removed unless we're directly asked by the creator of the diary.   
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 03:46:31 AM »

The 2 things I'd like changed are 1) Keeping things relevant (cough LLUser1) & 2) Warning against posts clearly made for flaming
I like Kilo.

And I must..

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 03:54:54 AM »

Kilo is a good moderator, why do you want to change him?? He follows the rules  no what you would want him to do.
Budget will determine my future.

Ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »

The sarcastic troll is now permabanned.

The paranoid troll is now temporarily banned.

Good job, mods  :)

The Kaiser

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »

come on you people can't take some jokes. sometimes its nice for people who undergoing surgery to laugh and have great time.

i am against and using "Veto"

Bander72

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 12:58:55 AM »

Good I agree LLuser should get a temporary ban but I think that sarcastic guy Washington for sure a 2nd account of a forum member.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »

The forum is in good shape

Lgazer

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »

Why Medium Drink of Water isn't here anymore? He was good and calm

The Kaiser

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 01:20:49 AM »

Why Medium Drink of Water isn't here anymore? He was good and calm

people used to be here because of motivation we give, but when they're done with surgery they will rise there middle-finger  :)

Lgazer

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 07:51:32 PM »

There are many people like that but MDW had surgery 10 years ago and he was here until last year
Pages: [1]   Go Up