Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106842 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »

Notimportant, thanks for your advice. You can rest assured that I have never lied in this forum, nor tried to make people think certain positive things that I do not believe myself.
There are many other patients apart from Cooper but none of them is patient of Monegal. In fact, I think Monegal has almost as amny patients that asked him to do corrections from LL surgery they had done with several Russian doctors, Mitkovic and Guichet, as new cosmetic limb lengthening patients. Also, from all the patients I met, I met 8 patients that are all doing fine, apart from having muscle tension and sometimes even pain, but no complication, except for myself who had to have a fitbone replaced. The only one is musicmaker, who did have a lot of problems, due to primarily bad luck and also implant failure, and probably also some doctor and patient fault. But even musicmaker highly recommends Dr. Monegal!!!

I admit that when I chose Dr. Monegal I thought: "This is cheapest option in internal limb lengthening within developed countries and I do not see any reason why he would be worse than the other options like Paley, Baumgart or Guichet." However, this has changed to "OMG I got not only the cheapest but also the best, better than Paley, Baumgart and Guichet."

About Dr. Monegal inviting us to "buy" promotion or "buy" silence: I know that he also has invited other patients twice to watch football games of FC Barcelona and neither patient has a diary. I felt the real reason was that Dr. Monegal was extremely happy when the x-rays of all the patients where good, even that of musicmaker, because it was right after he saw the musicmaker's x-rays that he invited all of us, while being at the clinic together.

Wasn't this charming gentleman an inspiration to write this post?

helloworld

« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2017, 03:48:57 PM »

Helloworld, why do you care so much for someone that keeps attacking a doctor for some bad cases without ever mentioning that there are much more good cases too?
For veteran LL'ers like me, the real evidence of a doctor's work is the x rays of the patients and then everything else. And from the Xrays I saw from 3 Monegal's patiemts (yours, Yagen and Antonio) his work is professional.

We are talking for an internal nail ffs, not for a complicated ilizarov fixator, most of the professional doctors can put an internal nail safely in femurs, so imo most of the doctors that do surgeries in the west countries and in up to date hospitals are good options.
And Monegal's price is much more sensible compared to ridiculous prices like Guichet and then Betz who both have old fashioned nails compared to fit bone. America's doctors are much pricier but I think they are maybe the best (I'm talking about Paley and Rozbruch) and also prices in USA are much higher for everything that has to do with health, but in EU I truly believe that is ridiculous for a French doctor with an ancient nail to have prices like 60-70k euros, make patients real athletes before surgery and still have most of the times mediocre outcomes. You all know for whom I'm talking.

So, for Europe and if his prices stay the same, dr Monegal seems a good choice for me, at least from what I saw eith my own eyes from patients X rays.
But I must see some more diaries to trust him so much to think to do my femur LL with him.

Helloworld, keep strong!
Bodybuilder, thanks for your encouragement.
I respond to Notimportant because I think he is quite knowledgable and has no bad intentions, just strong opinions based on one-sided or wrong information.

I do not respond to people like YourSpaceBoyfriend, who post images that some people could consider ofensive into my diary.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Bander72

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »

Bodybuilder, thanks for your encouragement.
I respond to Notimportant because I think he is quite knowledgable and has no bad intentions, just strong opinions based on one-sided or wrong information.

I do not respond to people like YourSpaceBoyfriend, who post images that some people could consider ofensive into my diary.

However, this has changed to "OMG I got not only the cheapest but also the best, better than Paley, Baumgart and Guichet."
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

notimportant

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »

Bodybuilder you havent' seen the xrays I've seen. Osteotomies were really poor. There were other issues with other patients: nail failure and screws loose, poor bone formation due to poor osteotomies, soft tissues problems for many patients, permanent nerve damage in teenage boy and nerve damage for others. Good cases, yes there are but there is virtually no patient without complication.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Ozymandias

« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2017, 10:20:14 PM »

Helloworld I would ask you not to lie but you have become like all Spaniards.

This statement is somewhat xenophobic, isn't it? And it is not the first:

Spanish people liars.

Funny thing is that it comes from a guy who has denied being LLuser1 although it is blatantly obvious that he is. That's a liar in my book... Dude, how about a bit of self-criticism before insulting a whole country?

For veteran LL'ers like me, the real evidence of a doctor's work is the x rays of the patients and then everything else.

We have had our differences but I applaud this idea.

helloworld

« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »

Bodybuilder you havent' seen the xrays I've seen. Osteotomies were really poor. There were other issues with other patients: nail failure and screws loose, poor bone formation due to poor osteotomies, soft tissues problems for many patients, permanent nerve damage in teenage boy and nerve damage for others. Good cases, yes there are but there is virtually no patient without complication.
  • Nail failure: You are right. I am aware of two case: helloworld and musicmaker. Not a big problem though, Dr. replaced the nail.
    Screw loose: You are right, though I have not met any patients (I met around 10) where it happened. But this is and even smaller problem. Just fix screw.
    Poor osteotomies: Please provide some evidence.
    Soft tissue problem: should depend solely on patient, and lengthening speed. The lengthening speed is same or less than elsewhere, so there should not be more soft tissue problems.
    Permanent nerve damage: Most likely to be caused by patient lengthening at very high speed. There was one patient trying to max his height gains, lengthening 2mm a day, where this might have happened.
    Good cases: All the people I have seen with my own eyes were good cases, except musicmaker.
Every doctor has some complications but as far as I am aware Dr. Monegal has less than others. Notimportant, do you think that Monegal has had more than Paley, Rozbruch, Betz, Baumgart or Guichet.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

6FeetSoon

« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2017, 10:55:25 PM »

Every doctor has some complications but as far as I am aware Dr. Monegal has less than others. Notimportant, do you think that Monegal has had more than Paley, Rozbruch, Betz, Baumgart or Guichet.

There's a difference between complications and negligence. Complications can arise and have nothing to so with the doctors actions. Negligence is when a doctor in over his head causes the patient harm. So yes all the doctors you mentioned have had patients with complications, I think what people are saying is that Monegal is in over his head in this particular area of orthopedics. Try to understand the distinction.

notimportant

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »

I can't post the patients' xrays it's against the law.
Hellowrld you said about nail replacement no big problem but you said you had 3 surgeries for nail replacement. Additional surgeries mean more risks and possible long term complications
The nerve damage happened to a teenage guy. He wasn't doing 2 mm per day. He said it happened during surgery.
Soft tissues can be damaged during surgery too or for bad care after surgery.
6feetson thanks for your input.

zantac20

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

Helloworld I would ask you not to lie but you have become like all Spaniards. Claudio doesn't have a university degree in Spain nor in South America nor in physiotherapist nor in sport science. He has literally nothing but a crapty certificate from a 6 month sport course, not university level and valid for nothing. Prove me he has a degree. One prospective patient who didn't get the surgery investigated and you can get the same qualification he has by doing a 2 days online course. The worst thing for me is the Doctor is recommending him instead of a true physiotherapist. Time will tell. One day he will fk a patient he will go to jail and I will publish this in the forum.

there are other patients with complications apart from Coper and you know it. Your friend Musicmaker for example is the worst case but there are many others, virtually nobody without complications.

Congratulations for the food. Food is the only good thing about the Spanish LL option. But I think he has bought your silence with that food all of you.
Lluser1 100% confirmed

helloworld

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2017, 04:53:57 PM »

Hellowrld you said about nail replacement no big problem but you said you had 3 surgeries for nail replacement. Additional surgeries mean more risks and possible long term complications
Notimportant, you are right.
But from the 2 additional operations, one was just taking out the sensor, located under the skin.

About long term complications : so far everything seems fine just that my left leg has less strength.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »

Today, I had my x-ray done and everything was fine, but the lengthened amount was less than expected. According to the clicks of Fitbone I should be at almost 8 cm as I have done close to 2500 clicks for each leg, but in reality I am only at 5,5 cm and in height gain this is about 5 cm.
I would like to do at least 1 cm more, but Auron and Musicmaker are telling me this would be bad for my proportions. What do you think?
Pictures taken 5 minutes ago: http://imgur.com/a/OLm7N
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

TIBIKE200

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »

How are you able to stand without crutches? Isn't fitbone just like precise unable to bear body weight?

But you should stop as your tibs start to look short compared to thighs
I learned some stuff during this time

helloworld

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice Tibike.
The ratio tibia to femur is 0,72.
But that is the tibia length without the feet, and the femur lengthe measured from end to end and not to trochanter.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

alps

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »

how are you able to stand?  :o Fitbone is not weight bearing right?

btw you seem to be in great shape even after lengthening!

Auron

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »

Standing is not a problem for fitbone. You're not advised to walk unaided until you finish the lengthening phase though.

helloworld

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »

How are you able to stand without crutches? Isn't fitbone just like precise unable to bear body weight?

Dr. Monegal advised me so stand up already around 2 weeks after surgery.
Standing is no problem, the problem is walking, where for a split second you put all your weight on one leg.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

TIBIKE200

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »

a 0.72 ratio is already shorter than minimum (as expected from femoral LL)

Stop now in my opinion. I let my GF look at it (without saying you are an LL patient but an amateur body builder from my gym) and she said your tibs look short
I learned some stuff during this time

helloworld

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

a 0.72 ratio is already shorter than minimum (as expected from femoral LL)

Stop now in my opinion. I let my GF look at it (without saying you are an LL patient but an amateur body builder from my gym) and she said your tibs look short
I wanted to continue, but coming from the Clinic and clicking I was unable to do more clicks :-(
The screw just does not turn anymore!
I will see if I get it to turn later.
Thanks a lot for caring enough to have other people look at it!!!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »

It seems I understood wrongly Fitbone... can you walk in walker/crutches after the surgery, or do you have to be in a wheelchair. How long do you have to wait to be able to walk?
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

alps

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »

Wow I didn't know this was possible with Fitbone. Even with Precice most people on the forum don't stand while lengthening.

yagen

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »

You look great!!!! you look slim fit but your abs are painted, aren´t they?  :P :P :P

jajjajaa

I am very happy for you

Body Builder

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »

Your proportions look great. I doubt if most LL'ers who do femurs look even close to that. You could easily lengthen 1 cm more.
I always find tibia LL better aesthitically because femurs are already taller that tibias and more lengthening would look weird but in your case I don't think that anything looks disproportionate.

And also your body looks great considering that you can't work out, at least completely, because you were lengthening. What did you do to maintain your body? I am asking because I want to maintain as much as I can my body too when I'll do femurs.

The only bad thing for me is that fitbone didn't let you lengthen as much as you wanted.
You are close to your aim of course but I still find it unacceptable to turn much more than you lengthen and at the end not even be able to reach the height you wanted.

So what is the opinion of Dr Monegal about all these?
Because when I'll lengthen again I really want to have the ability to lengthen as much as my body can tolerate and not lengthen less due to other reasons like problems with nail.

helloworld

« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »

You look great!!!! you look slim fit but your abs are painted, aren´t they?  :P :P :P

jajjajaa

I am very happy for you
Thanks Yagan  :D

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »

Your proportions look great. I doubt if most LL'ers who do femurs look even close to that. You could easily lengthen 1 cm more.
I always find tibia LL better aesthitically because femurs are already taller that tibias and more lengthening would look weird but in your case I don't think that anything looks disproportionate.

And also your body looks great considering that you can't work out, at least completely, because you were lengthening. What did you do to maintain your body? I am asking because I want to maintain as much as I can my body too when I'll do femurs.

The only bad thing for me is that fitbone didn't let you lengthen as much as you wanted.
You are close to your aim of course but I still find it unacceptable to turn much more than you lengthen and at the end not even be able to reach the height you wanted.

So what is the opinion of Dr Monegal about all these?
Because when I'll lengthen again I really want to have the ability to lengthen as much as my body can tolerate and not lengthen less due to other reasons like problems with nail.
Thanks for the encouragement bodybuilder!
I actually do not think you have to lose much muscle mass while lengthening. In fact, I probably look fitter now than before lengthening. The reason being that I have to go to the gym to exercise my legs, which I do every day. And while exercising legs, I also do a little bit of general workout. Also, the fracture is consuming calories, which made me lose fat.
So what did I do? 1.5-2 hours work out every day including stretching, biking, swimming, weights for legs and rest of body.

About Fitbone: it sucks a bit. Just hoping that it will work later today, so I could lengthen a little bit more.
The problem is that Fitbone says the implant lengthens 0,03 mm per click but in fact if there is a lot of bone formation, it lengthens less. So that the 2500+ clicks (110 days at 23 clicks/day) I did in both legs did not translate to 7,5 cm as they should have. Especially recently it seems that each turn of the screw of the Fitbone produces considerably lengthening than what it is supposed to.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »

Just succeeded in doing some clicks, but the screw sound like the engine of a vintage car that is going up a steep heel.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

notimportant

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »

Helloworld you did a good workout.

Did you remember what I told you at the beginning? Fitbone isn't accurate. It fails a lot and it isn't accurate. Old patients in this forum agree. Precise is more precise.

For all people reading standing shouldn't be done with Fitbone. Some patients had problems for doing that. Their nail and screws broke down and they were unfairly blamed. This nail is not weightbearing.

helloworld

« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »

Helloworld you did a good workout.

Did you remember what I told you at the beginning? Fitbone isn't accurate. It fails a lot and it isn't accurate. Old patients in this forum agree. Precise is more precise.

For all people reading standing shouldn't be done with Fitbone. Some patients had problems for doing that. Their nail and screws broke down and they were unfairly blamed. This nail is not weightbearing.
Notimportant, one thing is what the company and doctor say, the other thing is what is reality, I am sure you agree with this. So I think that Fitbone can withstand much more than what the make of Fitbone advertises, because if they were to advertise they might be liable. For example, when I first met Fitbone reps I was told that Fitbone never has any problems if people put weight on it, I just should avoid jumping. It was only when I had a problem with one of the implants and I ask for directions on what I could do that they said that I should better not put more than 20 kg on each Fitbone, which would have been a big restraint. So instead I asked them if I could not reply on what my doctor told me, Dr. Monegal, and they agreed with that. And Dr. Monegal thinks it is very important that patients stand up very early on and has said that while walking is only with a walking frame, standing is no problem.

That said the screw are slightly bend but at this point my doctor thinks it should not be a problem as by bone formation is good. But of course I will take care not to walk without support.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »

About my proportions, my wingspan is still more than my height by 0,5-1cm! :-(

Also, I do not think the goal of LL is to get to the perfect proportions, but is to gain height without looking weird. So when the doctor told me today that he thinks I have perfect proportions, I thought I should probably lengthen more, because the expected result should be that you have gained enough height to make your proportions less than perfect.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2017, 10:52:50 PM »

Some people ask me about exercises.
Tomorrow I will take some more pictures but here are the ones from 6 weeks ago:
http://imgur.com/a/zJeTB
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

yagen

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »

Helloworld,

How long did you spend with a rate os 0,5 mm per day? did you do workout everyday for 1,5 hours? if more confortable to do less clicks per day but you could preconsolidate if your body create bone faster.

White people used to preconsolidate about 7 cm with a rate of 0,8 mm, it depends on age, workout and your own body.
Asian people have a problem of non consolidation in a higer rate.

Reading Penguin "I don't know if it's bad genetics, but during lengthening I was told not to weight bear to avoid preconsolidation, the side effect of that being slow consolidation later on."

Preconsolidation is the the lesser of two evils.

You look really good.

helloworld

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »

Yagan,
I lengthened 5.6 cm over almost 4 months.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up