Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106895 times)

helloworld

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »

I only talked about surgical fees. Of course living there and tickets increase the cost.

Is there a reason for an increase in Monegal's fees? If money is not the reason he operates for LL, as some of his patients say, then I can't see why he wants to increase his prices.
I heared of case where child was from Somalia without any resources but needed an operation so he offered to operate for free.
So I think it is great to take money from people who have enough and want to do surgery for cosmetic reasons, and use money to improve the lives of people without resources who really need the surgery.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Bander72

« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »

Thats the reality that this surgery will only get more expensive not cheaper as time passes on. Perhaps you can negotiate a lower price when you are ready to have the surgery.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Body Builder

« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »

I heared of case where child was from Somalia without any resources but needed an operation so he offered to operate for free.
So I think it is great to take money from people who have enough and want to do surgery for cosmetic reasons, and use money to improve the lives of people without resources who really need the surgery.
If I had plenty of money I'd go to Rozbruch.
Monegal is a good choice for many due to his relatively normal price for internals in europe.
But if he increases his price then there are much more choices with precise 2 which seems superior to fitbone.

Anyway I hope he thinks carefully and not lose the benefit he has from the majority of european doctors who do internals.
The thing that we make a cosmetic surgery to be average in height doesn't make us millionaires who don't know where to spend their money.
An above average man like you helloworld does this surgery only for cosmetic reasons but average and especially short men are doing it to live normally without social problems that comes with short stature, so LL is not a vanity surgery for many of us (for me especially before my first surgery).
So for me "a child from Somalia" and all these stories are not enough to justify an increase in prices.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »

Prices for LL are going up. I remember there was a time when Dr. Paley did LL for 50 k USD or even less if my memory doesn't fail me. However, I think that with the number of LL doctors increasing and with reliable methods, there will be competition for patients (which are not a lot due to the nature of the surgery).

I, for instance, would like to read more diaries about Dr. Pili. He uses Precise 2 and is only a little bit more expensive than Monegal. He learned with Dr. Catagni who is a LL legend and Italy is a beautiful country (although not the best for handicapped people).
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:22 PM »

Also, beware of the "good nature" of doctors. Many times, they do international campaigns in 3rd world countries to gain experience (for the team, residents, and even interesting cases for the lead doctor). While there is good will involved hopefully, people who benefit from these campaigns usually do not have the means to have the surgery otherwise, are happy to be operated for free, and are much less likely to sue than in 1st world countries.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

realpatient

« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »

Of course this doctor and others use third world people as guinea pigs because they can't sue
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

helloworld

« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2017, 09:13:35 AM »

An above average man like you helloworld does this surgery only for cosmetic reasons but average and especially short men are doing it to live normally without social problems that comes with short stature, so LL is not a vanity surgery for many of us (for me especially before my first surgery).

Bodybuilder, you were able to do sports, lift weights, walk and run normally even before the CLL and before ATL, right? The two surgeries did not improve the functioning of your body, did they? So it is a purely cosmetic surgery.

It is true that I had a higher starting height, but compared to my family I am still much shorter, and only due to health issues as a child did I end up short. So in my case it was merely a correction of what should have happened naturally, as my predicted height when I was a child was much more.

But just like you, I also had no medical reason to do the surgery. So I feel it is OK, even good, if people like you and me have to pay a lot and endure pain to get the surgery done, otherwise everyone would do it.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

Bodybuilder, you were able to do sports, lift weights, walk and run normally even before the CLL and before ATL, right? The two surgeries did not improve the functioning of your body, did they? So it is a purely cosmetic surgery.

It is true that I had a higher starting height, but compared to my family I am still much shorter, and only due to health issues as a child did I end up short. So in my case it was merely a correction of what should have happened naturally, as my predicted height when I was a child was much more.

But just like you, I also had no medical reason to do the surgery. So I feel it is OK, even good, if people like you and me have to pay a lot and endure pain to get the surgery done, otherwise everyone would do it.
First of all, you were 1.80 before LL so it is insane to say you were short. And also I don't know health issues that make you become "only" 1.80.
Anyway, I don't care if you were from a family of basketball players helloworld but your height was already above average so you really did it for cosmetic reasons.
I was 1.68 before LL, 10 cm less than average in my country, so no I didn't do it purely cosmetic but to live a normal life at an almost height.
If a girl who has a flat chest does boobjob it is not the same compared to a girl who had c cup and still a boobjob.
With men and height, the more shorter you are from average the less cosmetic is the purpose for LL.
So if Monegal wants to raise th prices, he would do it for taller than average people who don't need LL, not all.

Also, even if LL was free only a few would do it because it is a very hard and risky surgery.
So no, it is not good for any reason at all for a doctor to increase the price.
Personally, Monegal is one of my possible choices for internal femurs but if his prices become the same with Pili lets say, who is in europe too and has the superior precise 2, then Monegal won't be a choice for me and many more like me.

SeekingSentimetres

• Visitor
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »

But this surgery will  NEVER improve your physical function. This in addition to the fact that the majority, yes the majority, of short statured people (that are not classified as having dwarfism or restricted growth) can live their lives normally without even considering this surgery makes it purely cosmetic regardless of your justification

Body Builder

« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2017, 02:48:34 PM »

But this surgery will  NEVER improve your physical function. This in addition to the fact that the majority, yes the majority, of short statured people (that are not classified as having dwarfism or restricted growth) can live their lives normally without even considering this surgery makes it purely cosmetic regardless of your justification
Normal is not only a matter of function.
If socially you face disadvantages due to your appearance, then a cosmetic surgery is not for making your life perfect or for vanity but for making you live normal.
So of course it is not the same for a 5.5 man to do LL compared to a 5.11 one.
If Monegal or any other LL doctor think that these two patients are the same only because they do LL and think it is good to increase the price for both of them, it is ok.
I'll just go to an other doctor who thinks more logically.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2017, 07:01:26 PM »

Normal is not only a matter of function.
If socially you face disadvantages due to your appearance, then a cosmetic surgery is not for making your life perfect or for vanity but for making you live normal.
So of course it is not the same for a 5.5 man to do LL compared to a 5.11 one.
If Monegal or any other LL doctor think that these two patients are the same only because they do LL and think it is good to increase the price for both of them, it is ok.
I'll just go to an other doctor who thinks more logically.

LL is a cosmetic surgery, it doesn't matter if you start as 1.68 m or 1.80 m. The fact that the 1.68m man has actual social advantages in increasing his height and that the 1.80 one is only a special snowflake that wants to be taller than everyone/the majority to feel better about themselves DOES NOT change the cosmetic nature of the procedure. A non-cosmetic LL is the case of a limb discrepancy in which a person has to wear ugly enormous shoes just to walk close to normal and has chronic back pain because of this. The latter case is a non cosmetic LL, because it improves function while CLL does not regardless of initial height.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »

It is also naive and stupid to think that a doctor should increase the prices for a 5'10 man vs a 5'5 man. For a doctor, both cases are cosmetic and there is no difference from a medical point of view of why one should be more entitled than the other. A doctor with strong ethics would not perform such a risky procedure for a normal functional person.

Dr. Monegal has every right to increase the price of the surgery. Keep in mind that because of inflation prices of everything go up (manufacture of the nail, hospital expenses, etc). Also, unlike his initial bad cases, now I think he has gained experience and because of this his "worth" as a LL doctor is going up. The same happened when Dr. Paley started doing CLL compared to now (he doubled his price).
Went from 164 to 170 cm

helloworld

« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »

Very well explained LLSouthAmerica! I agree with everything you said.

Bodybuilder, in your country 200 years ago, you would have been perfect average even before LL! So you are not below average because you are short but because the average height increased a lot in recent years. If all people of your height were taller, then the average height would be even higher, which makes everyone feel shorter!
On the other hand short people bring the average down, and thus benefit everyone else.

Fitbone vs Precise II. Dr. Monegal can operate with both but prefers Fitbone. Why would you think Precise II is better?

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »

Very well explained LLSouthAmerica! I agree with everything you said.

Bodybuilder, in your country 200 years ago, you would have been perfect average even before LL! So you are not below average because you are short but because the average height increased a lot in recent years. If all people of your height were taller, then the average height would be even higher, which makes everyone feel shorter!
On the other hand short people bring the average down, and thus benefit everyone else.

Fitbone vs Precise II. Dr. Monegal can operate with both but prefers Fitbone. Why would you think Precise II is better?
I insist that a cosmetic surgery is not the same for anyone.
No LLsouthamerica, LL is not just a cosmetic procedure for a 5.3 tall man, it is necessary for him to live normally.
A 5.3 man who lives in the fringe because noone respect him and can't date any woman is not doing LL to become handsome but to live more normal.
Not only people with leg discrepancies have true true reasons to do LL. And if someone does a cosmetic surgery just to live normal, then there is no difference with someone who does a surgery to fix a health problem and live normal too.
Health and social problems are two aspects of living normally.

Helloworld, I explained you that even LL was for free, only a few people have the guts to do it.
So increasing the price is not good for someone like me who wants another one LL and has proven that he has the guts to do it, because the more money I spend there the less I can spend in imoroving my life in other aspects.
Maybe you have plenty of money but I don't and price play a big role for me.

Finally, precise 2 is superior because it is more reliable (your fitbone stopped working and you needed another surgery and maybe you'll have to pay for something that is not your fault and fitbone stopped working in musicmaker too and other patients so it is really unreliable), it has more weight bearing capabilities and it can go backwards.
Is there anything that fitbone does better than precise 2?
Also, I wonder what is the price for doing LL with precise 2 and Monegal, because there we can see exactly if he is cheaper that Pili who operates in europe too.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:23 AM »

I insist that a cosmetic surgery is not the same for anyone.
No LLsouthamerica, LL is not just a cosmetic procedure for a 5.3 tall man, it is necessary for him to live normally.
A 5.3 man who lives in the fringe because noone respect him and can't date any woman is not doing LL to become handsome but to live more normal.
Not only people with leg discrepancies have true true reasons to do LL. And if someone does a cosmetic surgery just to live normal, then there is no difference with someone who does a surgery to fix a health problem and live normal too.
Health and social problems are two aspects of living normally.
Of course, it is not the same for everyone, as you said a person with a beautiful nose who undergoes rhinoplasty is not the same as a person with a huge ugly nose which everyone looks with disgust. But LL is not necessary, people can live normally at any height; sure with some social problems, as an ugly, deformed, weird looking person might have. Nobody NEEDS CLL.
Leg discrepancy is the only true true reason to do LL.
It is a disagreement on terminology but you are wrong. A cosmetic surgery means "surgery in which the principal purpose is to improve the appearance" which is exactly the case of CLL surgery in which the main result is improved physical appearance and its benefits (women, social standing, etc) NOT recovery of normal function.

Went from 164 to 170 cm

helloworld

« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2017, 02:59:59 PM »

Also, I wonder what is the price for doing LL with precise 2 and Monegal, because there we can see exactly if he is cheaper that Pili who operates in europe too.
I think this would be a good question to ask him! So just ask him.

Dr. Monegal has told me that there are advantages to Precise II but others for Fitbone. But I cannot tell you exactly. So this would be another question you could ask.

Bodybuilder, I agree that society discriminates against short men. I would discrimination on height is much bigger than that on gender, religion, or race.

But still when you are lengthening your legs you only help yourself, not society. ANd if everyone were to do the same, then height becomes more and nobody has gained anything.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »

I think this would be a good question to ask him! So just ask him.

Dr. Monegal has told me that there are advantages to Precise II but others for Fitbone. But I cannot tell you exactly. So this would be another question you could ask.

Bodybuilder, I agree that society discriminates against short men. I would discrimination on height is much bigger than that on gender, religion, or race.

But still when you are lengthening your legs you only help yourself, not society. ANd if everyone were to do the same, then height becomes more and nobody has gained anything.
And with fixing a health problem you help yourself and not society.

Hyoothetically speaking yes, if anyone did LL the average height would increase.
But as I said you before, only a few people could handle LL, even the short ones who really benefit a lot from it.
So in reality, price increase just make LL harder for the few of us who are willing to do it.  Nothing else.

realpatient

« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »

Precise is much better in cases of non union you can reverse and it doesn't fail
The child in Somalia story is bull  they told me he tricked into people without resources and then made them pay.

helloworld

« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

And with fixing a health problem you help yourself and not society.

Hyoothetically speaking yes, if anyone did LL the average height would increase.
But as I said you before, only a few people could handle LL, even the short ones who really benefit a lot from it.
So in reality, price increase just make LL harder for the few of us who are willing to do it.  Nothing else.
OK. I see!
I understand that people have a real need for it and would even sacrifice health for gaining height.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »

Precise is much better in cases of non union you can reverse and it doesn't fail
The child in Somalia story is bullcrap they told me he tricked into people without resources and then made them pay.
At the beggining I tried to take you seriously but you are really discrediting yourself.
At first Dr. Monegal only helped so that he could experiment on people from a third world country, now he even tricks them to come and then make them pay.
"They have told you that"?
If your goal is to destroy the reputation of Dr. Monegal you have to act more subtly. Right now you are just trying to defame with your invented stories. I recommend you to talk to Dr. Monegal or to one of his patients, but I guess you do not want to do that.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

realpatient

« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2017, 09:32:27 PM »

At the beggining I tried to take you seriously but you are really discrediting yourself.
At first Dr. Monegal only helped so that he could experiment on people from a third world country, now he even tricks them to come and then make them pay.
"They have told you that"?
If your goal is to destroy the reputation of Dr. Monegal you have to act more subtly. Right now you are just trying to defame with your invented stories. I recommend you to talk to Dr. Monegal or to one of his patients, but I guess you do not want to do that.

What I said first is a general trend among first world doctors. They go work in Africa to appear as heroes but they are testing new techniques with people who can't sue. What I said later is something one guy told me for sure that Dr Monegal attracts people without resources and then there are extra fees they struggle to pay.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #362 on: August 09, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »

helloworld, realpatient. As a medical student who has studied in Europe as well as the US, doctors in first world countries indeed do these campaigns for philanthropy but also to train their residents, study weird exotic cases, etc. However, I wouldn't go so far as accusing Dr. Monegal of that. I can't possibly know for sure if that happened or not.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

helloworld

« Reply #363 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:19 AM »

What I said first is a general trend among first world doctors. They go work in Africa to appear as heroes but they are testing new techniques with people who can't sue. What I said later is something one guy told me for sure that Dr Monegal attracts people without resources and then there are extra fees they struggle to pay.

Spain has public health system and doctors here get low, standard rates. For private patients, I estimate that Dr. Monegal makes between 5,000 and 6,000 USD net per CLL patient and I have not heared of extra fees.   
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:25 AM »

Jesus, I thought this was not allowed?, I was always under the illusion from various people that after LL you like become handicapped😂
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

helloworld

« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2017, 07:44:10 AM »

Jesus, I thought this was not allowed?, 😂
What is not allowed?
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2017, 02:26:04 AM »

I have been a regular in this forum, but from now on I will only log in once a week.

To summarize: everything went smoothly. I was able to lead a normal life going to the office normally after 2.5 months post surgery.
Since then I continously improved and now am almost 100% as before except for height difference and the fact that I am still not able to run very fast. Will provide update on the running
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

c

« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2017, 02:57:59 AM »

I have been a regular in this forum, but from now on I will only log in once a week.

To summarize: everything went smoothly. I was able to lead a normal life going to the office normally after 2.5 months post surgery.
Since then I continously improved and now am almost 100% as before except for height difference and the fact that I am still not able to run very fast. Will provide update on the running
This is great, happy for you, my operation time may be in November, because the relationship between the visa, I would like to ask you two legs at the same time do the doctor will generally agree, preoperative stretch on the postoperative How much help is to help, and you are getting better and better

Four Inch

« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »

What I said later is something one guy told me for sure that Dr Monegal attracts people without resources and then there are extra fees they struggle to pay.

Total nonsense. I seriously doubt Dr. Monegal would have the will or time to participate in such dishonesty.  He not only has a private practice, he works for a Barcelona hospital as well. 

You should refrain from posting hearsay if you want to be thought of as credible.  - " a guy told me " is pretty flimsy proof when your are assaulting someones character.

Datum

« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2017, 11:57:24 PM »

When the guy who told me is a patient of Dr Monegal is different.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Auron

« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »

When the guy who told me is a patient of Dr Monegal is different.
I believe it was Donald Trump.

Datum

« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2017, 12:13:04 AM »

How can you be so cynical!
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up