Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106916 times)

Auron

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2017, 12:20:29 AM »

How can you be so cynical!
What do you mean? It wasn't Trump!? I was thinking Merkel but you said it was a guy...

Datum

« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »

It was a guy who had surgery last year. He told me he had seen poor people were tricked to discover they had to pay more than expected
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Auron

« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »

It was a guy who had surgery last year. He told me he had seen poor people were tricked to discover they had to pay more than expected
Dude, can't be Donald trump, hes rich! So I guess rich people are tricked into pay less than expected.

Four Inch

« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2017, 09:10:15 PM »

Datum,

If there is any truth to that I would bet that is was just a misunderstanding.  I took me two weeks just to get Dr. Monegal to take my money for his services, even after hounding him because I didn't want to be holding that much cash.  I also know that he will setup payment plans for some patients.

From my personal experiences with Dr. Monegal, I honestly don't think money is the prime motivator for him; he seems much more interested in becoming  a recognized leader in LL.  I guess money inherently comes with recognized leader status, but my gut instinct is that he is not focused on the payoff at this point in his career, it seems more about self-pride or perhaps self-importance (ego); I don't know him well enough to make that judgement and it would not have changed my selection either way.  I decided that it's better to have an over confident surgeon that an surgeon who lacks self confidence....in my case he has been fantastic (so far)  ;).

I believe it was Donald Trump.

Lucky for Trump he does not have a stature problem; he doesn't have the will to go though this procedure; he's a total sissy man ;D

tallernacho

• Visitor
« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »

Quick update on Fitbone:
1. I finally have been able to talk to the Fitbone company, Wittenstein; not with the representative that I had talked to before, but with the CEO.
2. He was finally able to answer all my questions.
3. About the compensation, which in my case would be low, a couple of thousand USD max., he offered for me to talk to the Wittenstein company lawyer,  which is great, as I really want to find an amicable solution outside court.

Hi helloworld.
It's amazing how well you've done. Sometimes I feel abut miserable because of pain ( I lengthen at 0.81mm/day) and because I have yet to do my other leg. But you're an inspiration, and your diary motivates me.
I'd like to know if Wittenstein told you whether the fitbone nail can sometimes turns less than 0,03mm in each pulse, even if the transmitter counts it.
Dr. Monegal patient
Two stage internal femurs with Fitbone.
5cm, from 172cm to 177cm

Datum

« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »

Dr Moneygal doesn't care about money. Sure! We know he isn't ego and money driven.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:23:49 PM by Datum »

Datum

« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »

But every now and then, the clowns tell the truth.

Four Inch

« Reply #379 on: August 23, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

Dr Moneygal doesn't care about money. Sure! We know he isn't ego and money driven.

He has somewhat of an ego and it's not that he does not care about money, it's not his prime motivator for LL surgery as you claim - there is a big difference.  You however, seem to be nothing more that a character assassinating troll; which is simply disgraceful. Why else would you constantly question character assessments from patients that have first hand experience with Dr. Monegal, always insisting that your the one that's being truthful and that his patients provide cover for Dr. Monegals evil side for fear of  being abandoned during surgery.  How ridiculous! People like that don't become surgeons, they become lawyers, bankers and politicians. :P - (No offense intended to the honerable lawyers, bankers and politicians out there.)

You just seem to enjoy butting heads with others that certainly are in a better position to speak based on facts rather slanderous fiction.  People like you are the demise of this forum (and this World).

helloworld

« Reply #380 on: August 23, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »

This is great, happy for you, my operation time may be in November, because the relationship between the visa, I would like to ask you two legs at the same time do the doctor will generally agree, preoperative stretch on the postoperative How much help is to help, and you are getting better and better
1. Yes, have been 100% except for running. Slowly improving my speed.
2. I know Dr. Monegal prefers sequential limb lengthening, but he was not able to convince me. And I am glad I did bilateral.
3. Once I decided on surgery I started stretching every day and working out to be fit for the surgery.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #381 on: August 23, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »

Hi helloworld.
It's amazing how well you've done. Sometimes I feel abut miserable because of pain ( I lengthen at 0.81mm/day) and because I have yet to do my other leg. But you're an inspiration, and your diary motivates me.
I'd like to know if Wittenstein told you whether the fitbone nail can sometimes turns less than 0,03mm in each pulse, even if the transmitter counts it.
Wittenstein was surprise by the fact that my lengthening was definately less, however, I think they believe Dr. Monegal's explanation that if there is bone formation, this bone formation causes resistance.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2017, 06:20:29 PM »

Why do you comment the same thing on every thread? take it easy.
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

Four Inch

« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2017, 08:22:26 PM »

Apparently Datum is a surrogate for RealPatient. 

Hi Fourinch
You should better stop attacking me because you don't know who I am and how close I am to Monegal's patients. Realpatient is indeed a real patient and he has the right to retaliate after all things that happened to him. Perhaps you had a good surgery but other people didn't and people in the forum should know.
Thanks

Auron

« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »

Apparently Datum is a surrogate for RealPatient.
We all know who he is. To be frank, he's only close to his 2nd accounts, he even talks about them in the 3rd person.

Datum

« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »

He was referring to Helloworld posting the same in all threads I think.

google42

« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »

Why do you comment the same thing on every thread? take it easy.
quote people so we know who you're talking about/talking to.

Datum

« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »

I think he refers to Helloworld because he doesn't quote and his post comes after two posts of him and Helloworld has been posting this in many threads.

FDR101

« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »

Hi Helloworld,

I hope your recovery is still proceeding smooth. Thanks for making such a detailed diary especially with emphasis on physical recovery and training.

I was wondering if you (or any other Dr. M patient) could explain whether the internal nail gets removed at a later stage?

I remember reading somewhere, that the nail is removed after a year or two, but I could be wrong.

Do you feel any discomfort when walking stairs / walking  / running or in general?

Datum

« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »

They get removed but only 1 nail has been removed for the moment.
Discomfort is still there for all operated people and for some there is also pain and impairment disability.

helloworld

« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »

Hi Helloworld,

I hope your recovery is still proceeding smooth. Thanks for making such a detailed diary especially with emphasis on physical recovery and training.

I was wondering if you (or any other Dr. M patient) could explain whether the internal nail gets removed at a later stage?

I remember reading somewhere, that the nail is removed after a year or two, but I could be wrong.

Do you feel any discomfort when walking stairs / walking  / running or in general?
Nail removed: yes. Dr. Monegal said we could already remove the nail inside my bones, but not necessary, as no discomfort.
As I mentioned in my prior videos, I can do everything ven running. However, thought running has improved, I think I am still slower, so it is less fun, so I have not been running for large distances. What I do regularly is biking in the moutains, which is more fun and just like before LL.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2017, 11:37:05 AM »

I am totally fine except that my running is improving more slowly than I expected.

Here some videos:
Me after 6 months:

Me after 9.5 months:

Those people that have had LL in the past, could you please share your running experience?

The people that I personally met are with very few exceptions doing extremely well and after 6 months able to do pretty much anything. However, they are not running or if they try they see they are not fast and it is no fun. In fact, nobody from the patients I talked to that had LL within the last year say that they are running as fast as before.
I also have seen videos from patients, and though the patient's say they can run, I am able to see that they are running in a bit unnatural way and are not fast.

Why is running hard?
Biometrics? Less muscle strength because muscle not fully recovered? Or is the muscle still stretched? Or is it because flexibility is less? Or is it because there is an implant in the legs?
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »

Helloworld I could run a little faster than that (for small distamces though, 100-150m) about 1.5 year after my LL and atl.
If i didn't have atl I could run much faster. And I lengthened 7.5cm on tibias.
In some months that I would try to run again after my at shortening surgery ai believe I could run faster that before.

Maybe with femurs the change in biomechanics is bigger than with tibias but I think this is a little weird for only 5cm lengthening that you did.
That said, if everything else in your daily activities are normal (which as you said it is) then I wouldn't care at all about running fast.

helloworld

« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:55 PM »

Helloworld I could run a little faster than that (for small distamces though, 100-150m) about 1.5 year after my LL and atl.
If i didn't have atl I could run much faster. And I lengthened 7.5cm on tibias.
In some months that I would try to run again after my at shortening surgery ai believe I could run faster that before.

Maybe with femurs the change in biomechanics is bigger than with tibias but I think this is a little weird for only 5cm lengthening that you did.
That said, if everything else in your daily activities are normal (which as you said it is) then I wouldn't care at all about running fast.
I did not have ATL, which I have heared is bad. So if you run well, that is encouraging. Thanks!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2017, 12:38:49 AM »

I did not have ATL, which I have heared is bad. So if you run well, that is encouraging. Thanks!
Thats the thing, I don't run well but still I run a little faster than you as far as I can see from your video, although I can't run for more than 150 metres.

All these due to atl. Without it I am sure I could run pretty faster. I wait to heal from my at shortening to see how much my running improved.

helloworld

« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2017, 02:46:17 AM »

Thats the thing, I don't run well but still I run a little faster than you as far as I can see from your video, although I can't run for more than 150 metres.

All these due to atl. Without it I am sure I could run pretty faster. I wait to heal from my at shortening to see how much my running improved.
I would appreciate, if you could measure your 100 meter sprint time; I will do the same next time I am near to a track. That way we can compare.
I also know my times prior to LL so, we could compare pre and post
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

tallernacho

• Visitor
« Reply #396 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

Do you think that having the nails inside your femurs can affect your athleticism? Your long bones  are supposed to be flexible (which are not, while the nail remains inside) to some degree which I think it is important for high impact sports like running or jumping.
Dr. Monegal patient
Two stage internal femurs with Fitbone.
5cm, from 172cm to 177cm

kimthien2246

• Visitor
« Reply #397 on: September 14, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »

Hello Helloworld,
I am going to do  LL operation at the end of this year (5cm in tibias).
i have ever heard that after lengthening, years later, people usually face some problems like aching bones, getting painful whenever weather changes like turning winter. Although your bones get full consolidation, this side effect still last forever.
How is your? Pls give us some experiences.

Tks so much!

helloworld

« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2017, 05:32:44 PM »

I have heared pain in bones from one of the many patients I have met.
But me personally do not have any pain in bones, under no circumstances.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2017, 08:48:31 PM »

I have been through a cold winter in my country and never have I experience any bone pain because of weather or change in temperature. Now it is startining to becomme sunnier and again no problems with the nail or bones.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2017, 04:57:59 AM »

Finally created a account here...will probably regret it. Read trough the post and got a huge headache halfway with the less focus on acutal LL but more blaming the Dr...who if you're not a complete moron or researched is if not the best in the world atleast top 3? I thought about making a post about my experience for the same reason as you to help further patients (as start reading yours was the reason i did it)..but now i don't know. Maybe i'll hijack a bit just mentioning that i did bilateral as well and i've had virtually zero pain except for maybe 2-3 weeks in the start at MIC..i take no pain killers, sleep like a baby, good internet (fiber, i get 300 mb down and 25 mb up - got my own router), nice people, great pt, awesome room coming from a guy who's been living in 5 stars hotels when traveling all his life. Deliveroo every day and Lola market for groceries. I can share my X rays here but i think that would be a bit to much hijacking  :P

helloworld

« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:14 PM »

Finally created a account here...will probably regret it. Read trough the post and got a huge headache halfway with the less focus on acutal LL but more blaming the Dr...who if you're not a complete moron or researched is if not the best in the world atleast top 3? I thought about making a post about my experience for the same reason as you to help further patients (as start reading yours was the reason i did it)..but now i don't know. Maybe i'll hijack a bit just mentioning that i did bilateral as well and i've had virtually zero pain except for maybe 2-3 weeks in the start at MIC..i take no pain killers, sleep like a baby, good internet (fiber, i get 300 mb down and 25 mb up - got my own router), nice people, great pt, awesome room coming from a guy who's been living in 5 stars hotels when traveling all his life. Deliveroo every day and Lola market for groceries. I can share my X rays here but i think that would be a bit to much hijacking  :P
You are welcome to share your x-rays here, but you might as well create your own diary.
You seem to have an excellent and super easy recovery. Congratulations!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »

New running video, 10 months after surgery.
I cannot see much difference when looking at the video, but it did feel better than before. Not 100% yet, but getting close.

Will test my speed as soon as I get access to a 100 m track lane.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up