Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106836 times)

zantac20

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »

Guys you really have a problem that LL isn't going to fix. CLL is contraindicated in people suffering from BDD as you obviously are when you wish LL at 175 or above.
I'm pretty sure I don't have BDD. Here in Spain I'm a bit under average height and that's a reality. The obsessive disorder is my height disphoria, I explained my reasons for that. I don't even feel very tiny outside, I just feel bad when I see my brother and my cousins who are all tall. My case is pretty similar to @helloworld... and I think I would be happy with just 5cm more to be average/a bit taller than average and not feel like a dwarf next to my brother.

BTW is very humilliating to hear people asking why is my brother so tall. Is a hard feeling to describe if you are not in a similar situation.
And ofc you can't just tell people about accutane stunting growth because they will laugh inside and think you're just a loser for blaming external things. But I'm 99% sure it was accutane, I had terrible bone pain when I was taking it and I was on a high dose.

But I agree with you, if someone has BDD probably shouldn't do this surgery. Actually I think nobody should do this surgery, not even me, but I can't help it.

helloworld

« Reply #466 on: January 29, 2018, 10:54:14 AM »

I know how you feel bro... In my case I took accutane when I was 14-15 because of severe acne. My younger brother who also had severe acne decided not to take it. Well I stopped growing at 15 or 16 but he kept growing till 19 or so. I'm 175cm while he is 191-192cm. We are really alike in many genetical and phenotypical terms so Im pretty sure this drug stunt my growth. The saddest part is that my brother doesn't have worse skin than me, he recovered well from his teenager acne. I think nobody should treat their acne with drugs if he is a teen, its just a normal phase of your life. Doctors are ruining lifes prescribing this  .

I feel angry, everyday of my life, towards the doctor who decided to give me this drug even if I was concerned about growth stunt and he denied it, and towards my father who is also a doctor and couldn't care   about knowing what accutane is.

At least my father is willing to afford the price of LL with Monegal but... the only thing that restrains me from doing it is that I have a really big number of friends and it would be really weird... some of them would even be angry at me since they are also 170-175 and wouldn't understand why I need this. Just because they don't have a giant brother and a tall mother like me and an obvious reason for my final height...

What did you tell to your social circle, @helloworld ?
Interesting! My brother in law is around 1,95 and his brother around 1,75. When I asked about how such a big difference was possible my brother in law told me it might have to do with the fact that his brother had very bad acne and had to take medications.

No problem with social circle, so far as I made the adjustment gradually, wearing lifts before the surgery and no heel 5 finger shoes right after surgery before going to normal. So people did not notice, and when they did "you look taller!" nobody suspected anything.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #467 on: January 29, 2018, 10:55:27 AM »

We have the same problem but with different circumstances , you blamed the doctor and i blame myself every day
If you can afford to do LL don't care about people what they may think about you , the most important thing is breaking your legs and going through the horrible torture of lenghtning and loosing your athletic ability and complications you may get from LL
I think helloworld didn't tell his family about the surgery
Please think carfuly even the best doctors can make you suffer
Did not tell before I was almost recovered.
But once I told about it it was big relief that I could share this.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2018, 10:57:23 AM »

Guys you really have a problem that LL isn't going to fix. CLL is contraindicated in people suffering from BDD as you obviously are when you wish LL at 175 or above.
I see it as a rational investment.
There are many costs and benefits associated with LL and I felt before it would be worth it, meaning more benefits than costs and I still feel that way after doing LL.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

backrandom

« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »

I see it as a rational investment.
There are many costs and benefits associated with LL and I felt before it would be worth it, meaning more benefits than costs and I still feel that way after doing LL.

For you there were more benefits than costs but you should consider the cases of people who have wasted years of their lives, spent more than 100 or 200k due to complications and haven't yet recovered. RESPECT.

MirinHeight

« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »

For you there were more benefits than costs but you should consider the cases of people who have wasted years of their lives, spent more than 100 or 200k due to complications and haven't yet recovered. RESPECT.

those people are the same people who lengthened too much,
went to a bad doctor (like monegal or guichet),
or didnt follow the doctors advice.

helloworld's case is prolly had the best recovery of all monegal pts. that doctor is a butcher who uses the worst internal lengthening device.

go to paley, rozbruch, mahboubian, parihar

i have yet to see one long term complication from these doctors. If you go to a bad doc, you'll be lucky to walk normally again
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

backrandom

« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »

I wouldn't say Guichet or Monegal are bad surgeons... but, as Unicorn says, 'get a grip on reality before putting your life at so much risk'. Helloworld and LLSouthAmerica are very good cases by Guichet and Monegal (good and quick recovery), but these doctors also have TERRIBLE cases. Unicorn and Musicmaker are very good examples of the life-long complications you can get from LL by these surgeons.

Tiger9898

« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »

I wouldn't say Guichet or Monegal are bad surgeons... but, as Unicorn says, 'get a grip on reality before putting your life at so much risk'. Helloworld and LLSouthAmerica are very good cases by Guichet and Monegal (good and quick recovery), but these doctors also have TERRIBLE cases. Unicorn and Musicmaker are very good examples of the life-long complications you can get from LL by these surgeons.
They are indeed helpful and will avoid spinal compression between morning and evening height,( you can even increase your morning height a little bit). But this increase is not permanent unfortunately
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

backrandom

« Reply #473 on: January 29, 2018, 07:27:14 PM »

And of course Unicorn and Musicmaker shouldn't be blamed. They followed the doctors' advices, but got complications instead.

helloworld

« Reply #474 on: January 29, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »

Yes! You are right! In many other cases you read in the forum it was not worth it.
However, all the Monegal patients that I have talked to, except for one, (I have talked to around 12 patients) it was the right decision, at least so far, when no complication is apparent.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #475 on: February 05, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »

Helloworld  i hope you are doing well , i which you post new videos about how your running improved
Are you still exercising and stretching ?

helloworld

« Reply #476 on: February 05, 2018, 12:10:57 PM »

Helloworld  i hope you are doing well , i which you post new videos about how your running improved
Are you still exercising and stretching ?
Exercise: yes, but much less.
Went from 2.5 hours per day right after operation, to 2 hours, 1.5 and 1 hour around 6 months later.
Now, I am still exercising 10- 20 minutes each day and doing a few minutes of stretching.
Another video? I posted one less than 3 week ago.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #477 on: February 05, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »

But what about running ?
Do you feel better i mean do you feel you flexibltly improved ? Do you feel any pain in your knees

helloworld

« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »

I feel better and no pain in the knee.
Here is running video. I think I am as fast as before but still need to find a 100 meter track.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2018, 03:20:59 PM »

Here is running video. I think I am as fast as before but still need to find a 100 meter track.

congraturation mannnn   .Nice Runninng

Body Builder

« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »

Your running seems somewhat slow and the gait is a little weird Helloworld.
That said, it is completely normal after LL and even better than average, but I don't think you ran like that before LL, otherwisenyour sprint was not very fast.

I can run about like that while I am still rehabilitating from my at shortening surgery and my running ability is much worse than before LL. So I don't think the running on your video is as good as before LL, which is normal as I said before (and still you are better than the vast majority of LLers).
But you know better

Tiger9898

« Reply #481 on: March 25, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »

Congratulations, you seem pretty good. I have a question regarding your current height.  So you lengthened 5,5 cm,  how much did your real height increase in fact? Have u measured your height exactly? Because you know femur bone is not vertical as tibia bone, so if you lengthened 5,5 cm, you may gain 5,5 cm real height.  i am just curious about difference between lengthened and real height
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

helloworld

« Reply #482 on: March 25, 2018, 07:10:09 PM »

I feel it is normal, but I would need a 100 meter track to know for sure.
Before I was around 13.5 for 100 meters.
What I do know is that a friend, the one who did the video, is pretty fast and a former Tai kwan do champion and I easily outran him.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

myloginacct

« Reply #483 on: March 25, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »

I'm just glad some people can run again. I don't expect any of them to be just like they were before, after stretching their soft tissues so much.

Body Builder

« Reply #484 on: March 25, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »

Ok, maybe from video we cant see exactly how fast you run.

LAGrowin

« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2018, 11:06:01 PM »

helloworld,

You look great running man. I was always surprised at your level of PT, and just saw videos again of you in March 2017, you had almost no muscle atrophy.

I am currently lengthening with Precise 2 which seems to limit us a little more, and the muscle atrophy for me has been pretty bad.

Any advise you can share from those times for you.

Thanks.

myloginacct

« Reply #486 on: March 25, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »

helloworld,

You look great running man. I was always surprised at your level of PT, and just saw videos again of you in March 2017, you had almost no muscle atrophy.

I am currently lengthening with Precise 2 which seems to limit us a little more, and the muscle atrophy for me has been pretty bad.

Any advise you can share from those times for you.

Thanks.

He was already tall before LL, so his % increase in his femurs isn't nearly as high as the ones from most people in here, who do ~6cm at shorter heights. And he had a good recovery. This is why I think I'm gonna think hard about my max limit when doing LL.

helloworld

« Reply #487 on: March 26, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »

about muscle extension:
does the muscle not also extend during childhood and puberty? There does not seem to be a problem with it.

So what I did, and which I think helped was:
exercise and strech for 2.5 hours day during first few month, which now got reduced to around 20 minutes per day
always do high intensity workouts
sleep 8 hours+
see the sun as much as possible
eat around 2 kg of raw fruits and vegetables per day
take creatin, lysin, vitamin D, calcium
extend really slowly: 5.5 cm over 3 months
go back to normal life (going to office, seeing friends, going to normal gym, travelling) after less than 3 months

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LAGrowin

« Reply #488 on: March 27, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »

Thank you for sharing this helloworld.  It all seems doable except for the sleep part.  Seems I can only get 30-40 minutes of sleep at a time currently.  I am at the 6 cm mark and it has gotten tough.

Thank you for coming back to answer and update.  Glad you're well!

helloworld

« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »

Thank you for sharing this helloworld.  It all seems doable except for the sleep part.  Seems I can only get 30-40 minutes of sleep at a time currently.  I am at the 6 cm mark and it has gotten tough.

Thank you for coming back to answer and update.  Glad you're well!
True!
I did three sleep sessions: at night, early morning and afternoon.
That is what bothered me most.
I remember I would take hot and cold showers to get some relief from pain.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »

Everything is fine.

I had not been weighing myself for many month maybe a year and was shocked when I went on the scale.
Shocked because before I was weighing between 80-84 kg for as long as I can remember.
And I did not become skinnier nor did I become fater, nor more muscular. I look the same!
But now I weigh 88.5 kg, 5 kg more than before.

So I guess this additional weight comes from the additional leg bone and muscle.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Purushrottam

« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2018, 02:18:56 AM »

Hows your new life after LL?
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

helloworld

« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2019, 11:25:15 PM »

Hello world!
I did not post for over 7 months, so wanted to give a quick update: Everything is fine!

Muscle strength: same or better
I remember that I was proud that a few month after surgery I was already lifting with my legs 80 kg, more than most other guys. In fact, I remember that I was shocked when a really muscular guy was lifting around 100 kg. But recently I went to the same gym again, after 9 month of no training there, and I was able to the maximum weight of 140 kg, which I never saw anybody else do.
Will post video soon.

Speed
I still have to time a 100 meter run.
I ran 1km in 3:35. Before my all time best was just under 3:00. However, I also had not been training at all, so I would think the running speed is close to normal.

Flexibility
Before the surgery I had improved my flexibility to almost be able to touch the floor with my entire palm. This flexibility I have now lost. But also, it is true that I am not doing much stretching.

Side Effects
I feel fine. However, my left knee made a click when fully stretching it. Now this click has become a grinding sound when bending it.
Will post video soon.

Was it worth it?
Yes!
I think that in the end from the 5.5 cm I lengthened I only gained 4.5. But this small difference does make a big difference how I see myself and how other see me. A lot of people that were 1-3 cm taller than me are now 1-3 cm shorter than me, and it does make a difference in interaction. This has led to more confidence and thus improved the quality of my life.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

notatroll

« Reply #493 on: January 15, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »

Hello world!
I did not post for over 7 months, so wanted to give a quick update: Everything is fine!

Muscle strength: same or better
I remember that I was proud that a few month after surgery I was already lifting with my legs 80 kg, more than most other guys. In fact, I remember that I was shocked when a really muscular guy was lifting around 100 kg. But recently I went to the same gym again, after 9 month of no training there, and I was able to the maximum weight of 140 kg, which I never saw anybody else do.
Will post video soon.

Speed
I still have to time a 100 meter run.
I ran 1km in 3:35. Before my all time best was just under 3:00. However, I also had not been training at all, so I would think the running speed is close to normal.

Flexibility
Before the surgery I had improved my flexibility to almost be able to touch the floor with my entire palm. This flexibility I have now lost. But also, it is true that I am not doing much stretching.

Side Effects
I feel fine. However, my left knee made a click when fully stretching it. Now this click has become a grinding sound when bending it.
Will post video soon.

Was it worth it?
Yes!
I think that in the end from the 5.5 cm I lengthened I only gained 4.5. But this small difference does make a big difference how I see myself and how other see me. A lot of people that were 1-3 cm taller than me are now 1-3 cm shorter than me, and it does make a difference in interaction. This has led to more confidence and thus improved the quality of my life.

Congratulations. Check my reply

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5465.msg101116;topicseen#msg101116

cool

« Reply #494 on: January 15, 2019, 04:27:52 AM »

Congratulations. Check my reply

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5465.msg101116;topicseen#msg101116

You are clearly a troll. If you can't spread your message without being rude and obnoxious on someone else's diary you are as good as a troll.

Thanks for the update helloworld. Your diary is one the best. Please ignore this guy.
8)

helloworld

« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »

video of thigh exercise.
Thigh circumference 59 cm.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up