Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 people that are significantly shorter than their fathers  (Read 18424 times)

myloginacct

Re: 5 people that are significantly shorter than their fathers
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 02:02:28 AM »

Height is complex because we have to talk about percentiles, location, culture, etc. A 4cm jump is much bigger for someone going from 164 to 168cm than someone going from 167 to 171cm. It is also basically negligible for a man to go from 150 to 155cm or 155 to 160cm if they're living in predominantly white countries, whereas the situation would change in some Southeast Asian countries. Likewise, to go from 190cm to 194cm would also be negligible; you'd already be taller than the vast majority of anyone who even looks at you - they would barely notice a difference.

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

Right, the 164 guy is just an example. But the principle still applies: If only 4 cm are really "a huge difference, a life changer" to you then that must mean your life would be turned around 180 degrees and change completely, if you were 171 instead of 167. When in reality, it's just a negligible height difference and the life of two random people who are 4 cm apart will not be extremely different.

Case in point, there are quite a lot of people of your "desired height" wishing to do LL. And there are some people who are at around 168 who say they decided not do LL or don't think about it because their lives are fine. So it's clearly not an objective, big difference between 171 and 167 but to your specific situation (which your mental state plays a huge part in) it is.

So if your "desired height" is all you want, go ahead and plan for your surgery. As I said, 4 cm can be done with relatively controllable risks and you should be fine. But don't think that your life and your physical appearance will be 100% better and different than it is now. It won't.

While not quite a life changer, if I was 4cm, it'd make a good difference for me and I regret losing it to a fked up upbringing.

I still think the benefit of 4-5cm wouldn't outweight the loss of getting crippled as a martial artist.

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 01:41:43 AM »

Unfortunate but it can always be worse

myloginacct

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 06:05:32 AM »

Interesting read, though they do rely too much on American concepts of race:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-much-of-human-height/

myloginacct

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 11:00:06 PM »

This is anecdotal evidence and by no means something serious, but I was wondering if the poster who said most of your height comes from your mother could be right. All the people who are shorter than their fathers that I know of (including myself) have some pretty decently short mothers. Whereas I have friends with fathers around 170cm but their mothers were very close in height to the father (~166cm+) and they all grew to be taller than their fathers - with most reaching 180cm, give or take a couple centimeters.

It's probably just the genetic lottery, though.

myloginacct

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »

Found out that Daniel Radcliffe is shorter than his father. He's 5'5 (~165cm) while his dad looks 5'7 (170cm).

Bonus pics of Bill Gates and his parents.

I also hope this helps put an end to the bs I see keep being posted on these forums as to how taller people = being from wealthier and "nobler" "bloodlines". No, height is just a genetic trait like any other.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »

Radcliffe's mother is Jewish while his dad isn't, so you can figure where he got his height from.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

myloginacct

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »

Radcliffe's mother is Jewish while his dad isn't, so you can figure where he got his height from.

I knew she was Jewish, but are Jews known for being shorter in Europe? I thought the average in Israel was around 176cm for males.

His mother doesn't even look that short, either. She looks like she's around 160cm. It seems he just got screwed by genetics.

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »

Found out that Daniel Radcliffe is shorter than his father. He's 5'5 (~165cm) while his dad looks 5'7 (170cm).

Bonus pics of Bill Gates and his parents.

I also hope this helps put an end to the bs I see keep being posted on these forums as to how taller people = being from wealthier and "nobler" "bloodlines". No, height is just a genetic trait like any other.

Great post! I included them in my list.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:23 PM »

This was the father of James Franco, who's an actor. Does it looks like this dad was taller than both his sons?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2045411/James-Francos-father-Doug-passes-away-aged-63.html
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »

This was the father of James Franco, who's an actor. Does it looks like this dad was taller than both his sons?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2045411/James-Francos-father-Doug-passes-away-aged-63.html
3 sons not 2. Dont forget dave franco. ;)
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »

Probably not really, beause his father is much closer to the camera. He might still be taller by 0.5" than James.

But he looks like in his 60, so I don't know...

Android

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »

Father is clearly taller, this slight difference in proximity to the camera wouldn't make much of a difference. The father's age would have contributed to shrinking, so he would have also been taller at James' age.

Not hard to believe considering how short the mother is (5'2" according to IMDB), and odds are that she's wearing heels with her dress. Being 5'11", James did great.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »

George P Bush (Jeb Bush's son) and his father:

He still did stellar when you consider how short his mother even is. 153cm or 5 feet, apparently. 

Interestingly, they seem to have the same sitting height:

So most of Jeb's height should come from his legs. That is despite Jeb being allegedly 6'3 (190cm) and George being allegedly 5'9 (175cm).

myloginacct

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

You can also notice Jeb seems to have short arms for his height.

Or, you know, don't. Some people have them, and some do not.

myloginacct

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2018, 03:57:43 AM »

I'm reading that Rory John Gates is only 5'5 tall (~165cm). What the fxck. How can that be possible? His father is ~176cm and his mother is 168cm. Bill Gates is already 20cm shorter than his father.

Websites must be giving Rory's height from when he was younger or something.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2018, 04:51:28 AM »

I'm reading that Rory John Gates is only 5'5 tall (~165cm). What the fxck. How can that be possible? His father is ~176cm and his mother is 168cm. Bill Gates is already 20cm shorter than his father.

Websites must be giving Rory's height from when he was younger or something.

This is Rory at what I'm guessing is 15, and by his face and overall development it looks like he's gonna probably grow another 3-4 inches... Note Bill probably has an inch of sneakers on him as well, Bill is 5'10 and he is nearly as tall as him..

This seems to be a more recent photo of him

Looks 5'10 or so to me.

myloginacct

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »

This is Rory at what I'm guessing is 15, and by his face and overall development it looks like he's gonna probably grow another 3-4 inches... Note Bill probably has an inch of sneakers on him as well, Bill is 5'10 and he is nearly as tall as him..

This seems to be a more recent photo of him

Looks 5'10 or so to me.

Too bad Americans don't use metric. But you're absolutely right. That's not 5'5 at all. And yeah, despite the fact that I stopped growing at 16, he still looks like he's gonna grow until 21 or something.

Bill Gates is allegedly 176.5cm, which is just under 5'10. Going by that, Rory looks about 176cm~175.5cm in the first pic.

I had seen the second pic, but it made me very confused, as his mother is leaning so much.

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »

Not father and son, but I find it interesting that Julia Roberts (5'8") is only an inch shorter than his brother Eric Roberts (5'9")

myloginacct

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »

Not father and son, but I find it interesting that Julia Roberts (5'8") is only an inch shorter than his brother Eric Roberts (5'9")

George W. Bush is just under 6 feet, while his brother, Jeb, is 6'3, as we've mentioned before.

EDIT: 182cm vs 190cm, in metric.

ivan

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »

I'll add James Brolin whose peak height was 6ft 3 (190.5 cm) and his son Josh Brolin 5ft 9 ½ (176.5 cm)

myloginacct

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2018, 11:42:30 PM »

I'll add James Brolin whose peak height was 6ft 3 (190.5 cm) and his son Josh Brolin 5ft 9 ½ (176.5 cm)

Funny how it doesn't even seem like a 14cm difference. Honestly, from 175~176cm and on, it appears to me you'll never look short-short in a picture. 190cm guys aren't too common, and James Brolin doesn't look "dwarfed" there. He looks completely fine.

ivan

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »

Yeah, he never struck me as short even when with tall characters. He also have a decent physique and macho look so he's a clear pick for a "tough guy" in movies.

myloginacct

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »

Yeah, he never struck me as short even when with tall characters. He also have a decent physique and macho look so he's a clear pick for a "tough guy" in movies.

I mean, as much as we like tall here, in my mind, there's a clear reason why the ancient Greeks didn't sculpt super tall twigs when making their statues. Or if you think what I'm saying is bs and I'm reaching far, the fact that most Mr. Olympia BB winners were under 6 feet.

I don't know. I think you can get some of the best proportions in a man at 176~182cm (5'9.5~5'11.5).

myloginacct

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2018, 05:08:04 PM »

By the way, François Hollande (the recent former president of France) is 5'7.

Is anyone here good at estimating heights based on pictures?

François as a baby and his parents.

-

François at 22.

Source in French. (I know we have French speakers here.)

Either his father was short, or Hollande (of all surnames...) only grew up to his parents' heights. His mother looks almost the same height as his father.

By the way, apparently he had an older brother (RIP):

Philippe was shorter than François, who is, again, 5'7.

"François Hollande was born on 12 August 1954 in Rouen. His mother, Nicole Frédérique Marguerite Tribert (1927–2009), was a social worker, and his father, Georges Gustave Hollande (born 1923), is a retired ear, nose, and throat doctor." I found it interesting they were from Rouen, but still not tall or closer to the official French average. 

Also, interestingly, Macron is only an inch taller, at 5'8.

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2018, 09:32:39 PM »

Although I don't know for sure, it's possible that Tom Hardy is a bit shorter than his father Chips Hardy.

Could be the angle.

myloginacct

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2018, 12:34:13 PM »

Bruce, can you find pictures of the Roosmalen and his father?

And honestly, most of the pics are nice to see genetics at work, but most also haven't been under 5'9.

This hurts to look at.

Weirdest thing is that people say Jews are shorter than European average (avg being same as the one in Portugal/Spain/North Africa), but his Jewish side is his father's side.

Quote from: google42
It can work the other way too. I know people who have short parents but they end up being tall.

Since this thread was first created, I believe I have researched enough about height to think most of these cases were by parents who themselves never reached their genetic height potential. However, it could always be some variant SNPs from a 6'1 grandfather randomly appearing again in a grandson.

myloginacct

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:38 AM »

Okay, going on the opposite direction now.

Mike Shinoda, significantly taller than his Japanese father.

Father looks just under 170cm, mother might be one or two centimeters taller.

Mike is 180cm (5'11).

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2018, 07:18:31 AM »

Okay, going on the opposite direction now.

Mike Shinoda, significantly taller than his Japanese father.

Father looks just under 170cm, mother might be one or two centimeters taller.

Mike is 180cm (5'11).

Once again, he looks a little over 4 inches taller than his mom. That's what is expected.

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »

Bruce, can you find pictures of the Roosmalen and his father?

And honestly, most of the pics are nice to see genetics at work, but most also haven't been under 5'9.

This hurts to look at.

Weirdest thing is that people say Jews are shorter than European average (avg being same as the one in Portugal/Spain/North Africa), but his Jewish side is his father's side.

Since this thread was first created, I believe I have researched enough about height to think most of these cases were by parents who themselves never reached their genetic height potential. However, it could always be some variant SNPs from a 6'1 grandfather randomly appearing again in a grandson.

Yes, I can easily.

myloginacct

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »

Yes, I can easily.

Funny how his son being physically fit makes the massive difference seem more "normal". Of course, the difference would look ridiculous if his father was in his prime and still ripped.

Do you think you can find out pictures and/or the height of his mother?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up