Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin  (Read 102922 times)

theuprising

Re: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2016, 05:59:11 AM »

Sweden how much do you actually wish you had lengthened? You state that many problems occur after 5cm and that people shouldn't go over that yet you also write that you wish you would have done 6cm.

Peaceout

« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »

Hey sweden,can you update please?
And if you can record a new video of your running and walking it will be greatly appreciated.Im very curious about your current progress.(i hope im not asking too much)
Thanks

Sweden

« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2016, 01:03:16 AM »

I wish I'd done 5cm.
Doesn't matter now. I did 7.

I'll upload a new video this weekend.

I can actually barely run. I guess I have to take tramadol before I go.

My left knee is not working anymore bc of the X-legs. I have decided to take out the nails now and I'll push for surgery to fix the X-legs. It is now really bad and it gets only worse. My knees will be permanently destroyed if I keep going like this.
They ache every day now, on the inside of the knees.

Right ankle is still very tight and the foot is broken bc of X legs so it doesn't really function as it should.

My athletic lifestyle is completely ruined and I'm very depressed for it. There is no meaning for me to keep going if I can't have that part of my life.

I did hit the gym very hard today but the knee forced me to stop. It hurts in every motion I do what so ever. It started doing so for the last 2-3 weeks.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2016, 02:44:47 AM »

dont give up

we'll be ok

i know  how depressing it is... life is not the same

applesandoranges

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2016, 03:03:21 AM »

Sorry to hear about the complications. Looking back, would you do something like 2.5cm femur + 2.5cm tibia, instead of your 7cm?

texasbruce

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2016, 04:03:58 AM »

Seriously though Sweden I am not understanding it...

Did you break your foot while the nails still inside or you got them out already? Meaning did you break it while you are still in the process or after?

But really you shouldn't pushed yourself...

alps

« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »

Dude why don't you get your alignment fixed with external frames. Go to India if you need to. It should be way easier than LL.

OregonMade

« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2016, 05:34:59 AM »

I dont understand or get the big arguement about proportions and wingspan.  I have friends who are 6'5" and fat, and they still pull hot girls often.  If girls don't care about their pot bellies they aren't going to even care about your Tibia's being longer than your fibulas or will they even notice.  You will have clothes on, and the only time they will see you is when your having sex, and they won't be focus on your proportions or wingspan.  The whole proportions argument baffles me.  No one will care, just stay fit, and that is all that matters.

I dont see anything strange on that guy. What do you prefer be 5'5 with good proportions or be 5'8 with a little less good proportions that only people in the forum can see?

Sweden

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2016, 11:07:24 PM »

The weather was crap so I couldn't do a video.

I'll do it later.

Next week is physio. I'll let you know what he says.

It is not JUST TO GO TO INDIA AND GET FRAMES ON YOU'RE LEGS! I can't spare the time right now. On tops I could go in to frames over the summer, here in Sweden only. I'll try to push for that.

I broke my foot 2015. I still have the nails in my legs. They don't interfere with my feet.

------------

I'm getting in to shape now and it feels much better. X legs sucks, but that's what you get for being cheap.

Nobody does 2,5cm on both segment. You should do 5cm.

In the future I really consider doing 4cm to even my leg proportion out. But my sitting height will be for the worse then.....

applesandoranges

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2016, 11:27:38 PM »

The weather was crap so I couldn't do a video.

I'll do it later.

Next week is physio. I'll let you know what he says.

It is not JUST TO GO TO INDIA AND GET FRAMES ON YOU'RE LEGS! I can't spare the time right now. On tops I could go in to frames over the summer, here in Sweden only. I'll try to push for that.

I broke my foot 2015. I still have the nails in my legs. They don't interfere with my feet.

------------

I'm getting in to shape now and it feels much better. X legs sucks, but that's what you get for being cheap.

Nobody does 2,5cm on both segment. You should do 5cm.

In the future I really consider doing 4cm to even my leg proportion out. But my sitting height will be for the worse then.....

Wouldn't 2.5cm+2.5cm be safer than doing 5cm in just one segment?

LLCaptain

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2016, 11:35:36 PM »

Wouldn't 2.5cm+2.5cm be safer than doing 5cm in just one segment?

I can't see how breaking 4 limbs can be safer than breaking 2. Most CLL patients gain an average 6-7cm.

Doing 5cm is significantly easier than 8cm. 2.5cm is a waste of time.

abo

« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »

http://www.childrenshospital.org/centers-and-services/anterior-cruciate-ligament-program/bridge-enhanced-acl-repair-trial

If your knee is the problem you should check this up i think this can be of good use for LL patients!

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »

hey man! RGKEY here, hope you can recover...just take it easy man.. I know is hard,, but that's just the way it is...cheers..
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Peaceout

« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »

hey sweeden,can you update?

Sweden

« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »

So here's the update.

There was no time this summer for me to fix the x legs so I guess I have to suffer 1 more year or so.
Me and a friend are going to Dr Betz next year and then I'll be having an examination of my legs. (My friend did 8cm there).

My ankles are tight, especially my right now. Always has. Every morning I feel a tightness, knees ache sometimes and if I go for a run its very difficult for me to move around 2 days after.
I still need aspirins and sometimes when it's bad I take tramadol.
My calf muscles are very tight so when I walk it can feel like they're about to snap sometimes.

I still lack a lot of muscles on my thighs. It's very difficult to build the legs when there is constant pain in almost everything I do. Not much, but it's there.
Left leg is the most turned inwards so that knee ache a lot. Right foot is real bad bc I broke it last year bc of x legs. It never healed good so every step I take hurts just a little bit. It's a bitch.

I think my back muscles are stretched bc I can't sleep long time on my stomach bc then my back hurts so bad that I can barely move.

Life goes on. I'm more focused on my career right now but I miss my active sporty life I used to have.
I earn much more money now so I was thinking of going to Dr Betz next year and also Dr Guichet to see his training facility. Hopefully he can help me with the x legs and foot.

7cm is just too much for the tibias. It doesn't look good in my opinion. People don't have knees that far up.
Even my friend who did 8cm on his femurs have his knees too far down. People doesn't look like that. You changer away with it, sure. Clothes hide a lot.

I'm still considering doing 4cm on my femurs to even the leg ration out but I don't think my upper body can handle it. My torso would look too small when sitting down. It's just so far from natural as it can be.

I don't regret doing it. I should have only done my 6cm as intended. That's it.

I'm still working on a video. Give it 3 weeks or so.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2016, 08:41:18 PM »

what about your friend? Does he also regret doing 8cm? proportionally and physical recovery speaking
I learned some stuff during this time

Christopherbulder

« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »

hello
my  experience by those we do tibia must then make femur because the disparity is greater
To 5 cm of femur we see no visual difference the difference  after  6 cm

TrueSpartan

« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2016, 01:25:09 AM »

Thank you for the update Sweden!

Sweden

« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2016, 03:01:20 AM »

what about your friend? Does he also regret doing 8cm? proportionally and physical recovery speaking

No, he went from 165cm to 173cm, my former height and he says he is happy. He is not an athlete so he doesn't care about running or flexibility.

slicker

• Visitor
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »

people come in all shapes and sizes...the preoccupation with proportions is highly overrated.

Sweden

« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »

people come in all shapes and sizes...the preoccupation with proportions is highly overrated.

Forget about it. Nature has made the femur the longest bone in the body, not the tibia. It only differs by millimeters.

Muscles can hide a lot and make limbs look shorter than they really are.

Some tribes in Kenya have slightly longer tibias, and thinner, that makes them run faster. But their femurs are still the longest bone in the body.

EndGame

« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2016, 03:36:51 AM »

So here's the update.

There was no time this summer for me to fix the x legs so I guess I have to suffer 1 more year or so.

Life goes on. I'm more focused on my career right now but I miss my active sporty life I used to have.
I earn much more money now so I was thinking of going to Dr Betz next year and also Dr Guichet to see his training facility. Hopefully he can help me with the x legs and foot.

I'm still working on a video. Give it 3 weeks or so.

Great diary. Just read it, what's on this forum anyway. Guess I'll have to go to old forum to get the rest of it. Please forgive my ignorance, is that where all the videos you mention but don't show here go up? Or do you have a YouTube channel?

Any chance someone would post a link to his other diary in old forum?

Very glad to hear that at least your career has prospered lately. Sorry about the complications. If you're willing to share, what do you do for a living?

Why do you need to wait another year to fix X legs? Summer the only time it's ok for you career wise to take a lot of time off? Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it seems like delaying addressing the X legs has caused things to be worse than needed to be. It's why you broke your foot right? I hope whatever path you take it works out well. But I also want to encourage you to address and fix your broken foot and X legs asap. Delaying that only delays your ultimate best possible recovery. Also, since it's now correcting a health issue and injury, doesn't insurance cover it?

Well, thank you for sharing and doing a great diary. I really appreciate getting to learn from your experiences.

notimportant

« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »

If I had to do externals I would do LON. Externals alone seem hell to me.
People say Dr Sarin is a very bad doctor. Is it about internals, externals or both?
I have a question for Sweden: why doesn't Sarin correct X legs? He should if he caused the issue but I am not sure if this is the case.
I would also love to watch the videos like Endgame. Endgame where are you from?
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Peaceout

« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »

How are you?Update?

Sweden

« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2017, 06:17:28 AM »

Quick update. I'll update more later, about to go for a run.

X-legs are still causing me trouble but I can feel a slight difference to the better. I don't get the same knee pain any more as I used to.
I run much more often now than before. I go to the gym and it is working much better.

My broken foot is the absolute worst. I'm about to get that fixed somehow. In Sweden it just takes forever.

I am healthy and have started a new job where I actually get paid way much more than before. Maybe it's a direct cause of me being taller. Taller people earn more....

I'm still married to the same woman. I drive a new car and about to buy a new fancy house.

Since I earn so much more I'm considering doing another 4cm. My shins are just too long. I did 7cm, it's just too much for the shins.
I got a new passport the other day and it says I'm 181cm in it. So cool :)

I'll update more when I get back.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2017, 10:18:36 AM »

5'11 is dope height, congrats man.

Btw my orthopedic doc told me(since i have problems with left knee) to bike instead of running since running can screw up your knees especially joints.
Idk if it's true but you might give it a shot.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »

Congrats man, I can't wait to put 177cm on my driver's license.  ;D
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Peaceout

« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »

I am healthy and have started a new job where I actually get paid way much more than before. Maybe it's a direct cause of me being taller. Taller people earn more....

Im glad you are doing much better but that is really not a logical generalisation...

Sweden

« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »

Im glad you are doing much better but that is really not a logical generalisation...

Yes it is. Surprised you didn't know about it.

https://www.google.se/amp/amp.livescience.com/5552-taller-people-earn-money.html?client=safari

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12187872/Size-does-matter-tall-men-and-slender-women-earn-more-throughout-life.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3088322/Taller-people-RICHER-Scientists-biggest-leap-income-takes-place-5-4-5-6-6-no-effect.html

-----------------

I was out running in the hills for 30 minutes and then took a walk for 2,5h bc of the weather.
We then went to Taekwondo class for another 2h and I was totally destroyed. Finished up with 1h bike ride.

I can barely move right now. Pushed for about 110%. I'll be sore the entire next week.

My stamina is around 50% of what it used to be. Very difficult to gain better stamina now.
Leg muscles are back at 70%. They still look small. Calf muscles have exploded, they're the worlds biggest. Even equal to my thighs, looks bizarre.

On a good day I still do the splits. I have difficulties reaching my toes with straight legs.
My shins are too long proportion wise. Don't pass 5cm on shins.

Explosiveness never came back. Impossible. Calfs are just big and blunt. There is no grace trying to jump on one leg. Overall jumping is very difficult.

Knees ache every morning. It is still difficult to get up each and every morning and take the first steps.

X-legs is still there and knees can ache sometimes bc of it although it has improved(the ache) last 6 months.

I'm going to a new physical therapist and the local orthopedic center is looking for a new solution to my feet. Not really suffering from ballerina but I would benefit from having better range of motion in my ankles.

Even though I've suffered a lot(many has suffered way much more but they don't know how to measure it so they think they're fine - they're not) I'm happy I did it. It is still absolute priceless meeting with new people and being at the same eye level or above.
I'm a full head taller than my wife too. It's just great. Pictures of us look much better. =)

Not sure what else to tell about. Ask me anything. I did the surgery in January 2013. 7cm, should have stopped at 5cm.

Still want 4cm on femurs - it won't improve my general proportions, only leg proportions.

onemorefoot

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »

You Say that I shouldnt go above 5? What do you think about 6 cm?
Budget will determine my future.

Sweden

« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »

You Say that I shouldnt go above 5? What do you think about 6 cm?

I think you shouldn't go above 5cm.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up