Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin  (Read 102687 times)

Sweden

Re: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

Who cares about proportions and standards. You are a short guy you should be lucky if you can get to average height. All these demands like you know wtf your doing. just get over 175 cm and it's all good. everything after that is bonus.

Ease explain. Didn't get **** of anything above  :o

-----------------

I ran like 1 yard today. It looked pretty god. Then my ankles started to hurt.

I'm on my way to the gym now. Going for new records.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

theuprising

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:36 PM »

Who cares about proportions and standards. You are a short guy you should be lucky if you can get to average height. All these demands like you know wtf your doing. just get over 175 cm and it's all good. everything after that is bonus.

Im not sure if he's being sarcastic but he's saying that if you are short don't worry about
proportions, sitting height, going beyond 15% original bone length, soft tissue damage etc
as long as you get over a certain height its all good.

LLL

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »

Not everyone wants to risk looking weird or becoming self-conscious about something else about their body after they've "fixed" their height. And some people don't care. There's no right or wrong here, but there are a few limits where people not even knowing about LL would see that something's weird about a person's body, like that spidery/stilty look some can get.

I found this video on the other site now and found it interesting. He went from 5'6" to 5'9" so he lengthened about as much as Sweden but started off a little shorter. But unlike Sweden, it looks like he's got shorter arms, and it's kind of noticeable, especially when you see him from the sides. He probably has a wingspan closer to his original height. Short arms exaggerate the look of an unproportionally short torso on long legs, I think Sweden avoided to a large degree that because of his longer arms.

Wingspan can matter a lot, in my opinion!

KrP1

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »

I dont see anything strange on that guy. What do you prefer be 5'5 with good proportions or be 5'8 with a little less good proportions that only people in the forum can see?

LLL

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 10:59:31 PM »

I don't know what I'd prefer, I just think it's interesting how people's bodies are different and that prospective patients might want to figure out what they think of their own proportions and the lengthening limits they would be comfortable with. Someone with a longer wingspan will look slightly different from a guy with a more normal or shorter wingspan after lengthening. It's a potential factor for many, but not all. There haven't been many videos of leg lengtheners showing different proportions on the internet until now, so everyone is in a much better position to be informed about a thing like proportions compared to before. And again, some don't care about proportions as long as they get taller. Some care about getting taller AND preserving proportions to the best possible degree, I believe Sweden agrees there based on what he's written before. Then there probably are a few that think proportions are important to such a degree that not even getting taller seems worth messing them up. We're all individuals with different perspectives and goals.

Sweden

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »

Feeling happy today. :)
Copy/Paste:

As from today I can say that I reached a recovery level of 55% or more.

I did some Taekwondo and my friend was stressing me like we used to before and I wasn't late to join in. We kicked each other and I saw an opening..... Just out of pure instinct I jumped spin kicked him in the head, knocking him out for a full minute.
I was shocked!
Everyone was shocked. They just stood there. My friend was on the floor.

I woke him up and my Master took care of him. Then my Master said to him: "You know who you're up against. Stay more alert"
Maybe he was hinting to me like "nice work" or something. I didn't get that.

My friend continued and he said he was ok. I said I was sorry. Even I was shocked that I was able to do it, and at the same time very happy.
This makes the training so much more fun now. I can do much more than I thought.

I even tried to run around the house when I got back home and it worked pretty well too. But my stamina is terrible. I get totally exhausted only after 15 seconds.
This is also something I'm not used to since I've always been able to do everything with ease.

So - I have passed 50% of recovery. This might be someone else's 150% but I'm only comparing to myself and nothing else.

I've been thinking about the kick a lot. I'm higher up now with a further reach so the impact must have been huge.
This makes me feel I can start competing again locally, smaller tournaments, and that gives a whole new joyful meaning to my life

My left(the most twisted leg) knee aches when I run and just slightly now. Like 0,5-1 on the pain scale. Right knee is fine.
It certainly doesn't look good when I run but I am doing it and feel happy about it.

I'm getting there - slowly 

Have a happy weekend, I know I will

theuprising

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 12:45:27 AM »

I dont see anything strange on that guy. What do you prefer be 5'5 with good proportions or be 5'8 with a little less good proportions that only people in the forum can see?

Dude his hands can barely reach his pockets.

crimsontide

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »

good stufff sweden

Claude

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »

Good job Sweden  8) And you still have some time left to recover, so you'll probably do even better in some months.

shawty

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 03:43:25 PM »

Sweden,  do you ever kick on pads or anything hard when you practice?  Is your bone hard enough to handle that?  You still have the rod in, right?

shawty

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Dude his hands can barely reach his pockets.

That wouldn't make sense unless he lengthened his torso.  His hands should still reach his pockets regardless of how much he lengthened.  I think he looks fine though.

Sweden

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 04:23:40 PM »

Sweden,  do you ever kick on pads or anything hard when you practice?  Is your bone hard enough to handle that?  You still have the rod in, right?

My bones are fully consolidated, with the rods in. The rods make the bones stronger my doctor said.

I kick with full force on the pads.
The osteotomy was right below the knees so it wouldn't affect it since I kick with my feet.

Blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

My bones are fully consolidated, with the rods in. The rods make the bones stronger my doctor said.

The osteotomy was right below the knees so it wouldn't affect it since I kick with my feet.

Are you going to take the rods out eventually.

Disobedient

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2014, 05:05:50 PM »

Hi sweden

how long it takes to fully consolidated? Did You took any supplements???

theuprising

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »

That wouldn't make sense unless he lengthened his torso.  His hands should still reach his pockets regardless of how much he lengthened.  I think he looks fine though.

I never stated they wouldn't. It looks like they don't as now his humeral bones in his arm look tiny.
Sweden looks fine at his current proportions that is what fine looks like. Looking like a t-rex isn't.

Sweden

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »

Are you going to take the rods out eventually.

Still undecided. Probably no.

------------------------

My legs were at 90-95% fully consolidated last year in December - last x-ray.

My diet program is in my diary.
Try to eat lots of coconut oil and chia seeds.
And of course everything else.

-----------------------

Today I'm sore as hell. Everything aches, knees, feet, ankles, locking screws.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »

that guy in the video looks normal. I thinks he looks probably the same as he did before surgery, he looks like a guy with small arms but nothing freaky, some people have small arms, small legs, small torso, etc, but as long as it is within proportions it is not notiable to the common eye. Great video of that guy! who is it??? I missed it!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Leonardo2013

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »

Hey Sweden,

When you say that "you can't do taekwondo like before" what exactly do you mean? I'm not a professional athlete like you are but just an amateur practitioner of Karate, TKD, and Kickboxing, and it would somehow bother me if in the future after CLL I couldn't do any of that. From an anatomical and kinesiological point of view what seems to be the problem? Is it just lack of flexibility, or nerve damage in your legs, or is it hard for you to get used to your new center of gravity? Is it going beyond 5cm or lengthening too fast? I would appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Leo

Sweden

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »

This is difficult for me to answer but I'll try.
A very qualified question.

I don't have the explosiveness in my muscles any more. When I'm warmed up I barely feel the aches in my ankles I almost always have.
The balance point is higher up and it's difficult to compensate that.

I have like no grace in my movements. It's not smooth anymore.
It feels like I'm made of stone now and my movements are blunt like some kind of one eyed ogre  :o

I hope it will come back.
The Taekwondo Federation just started a new competition class. 40 years+  :D
I would be very happy to be able to compete in that class. :)

I'll try to do some movements in my new video.
And then I'll find a good video of how I used to move.

PrettyTall

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2014, 11:35:43 AM »

Happy for you, can I ask how much money did you spend all long the way ?

Sweden

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »

Happy for you, can I ask how much money did you spend all long the way ?

Depends on how you count. If I calculate income loss then it's probably $40-45.000.

Doing it with Guichet/Betz/Jamal would also cost income loss.

Sweden

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »

I'm on it --------->

Sweden

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »

If anyone wants to copy this - please feel free.

http/www link edit

4 new lousy videos and fresh pictures of my scars.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:35:28 AM by Admin »

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 12:11:26 AM »

theuprising

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 12:28:42 AM »

Hey Sweden if you could do your LL all over again what would you do differently?

Moubgf

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 12:42:03 AM »

Sweden i have been scared off lately.

I have a vision of how i will be/look after the surgery and you are basically telling me that my vision will not happen.

I don't know what to do..I can't go on being this height for the rest of my life. But if i do the surgery im doomed to be in pain and have fatigue in legs for years to come after surgery.

WTF SHOULD I DO!!! i just want to be normal .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:46:32 AM by Slim_tim »

Blackhawk

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2014, 01:39:14 AM »

It looks like you have healed up a lot in the last few months.  Your running looks pretty normal.

Does it hurt when you run?  Could you run a mile if you had to?

TRS

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »

I guess the x legs is your major concern as it is clearly visible when you run...otherwise your recovery seems excellent!

Ronaldo

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 02:20:42 AM »

Very good videos.  I also notice the X Legs when you are running and the lack of stamina.  Was your cardio lacking before LL ?

TRS

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:21 AM »

Sweden i have been scared off lately.

I have a vision of how i will be/look after the surgery and you are basically telling me that my vision will not happen.

I don't know what to do..I can't go on being this height for the rest of my life. But if i do the surgery im doomed to be in pain and have fatigue in legs for years to come after surgery.

WTF SHOULD I DO!!! i just want to be normal .

I was feeling the exact same way as you bro! There was a time when I thought that the pain and complications with CLL was only temporary and then end up becoming a taller and normal once again....but now I understand that there is a trade off between height and health. You can either:

1)remain short, live with height neurosis (probably forever) and not risk your physical health
2)become taller, more confident but risk your physical health with possible early arthritis
I have chosen the second option as I am extremely depressed with my current height and lost most of my esteem that it is hard for me to live a normal life and do basic things like walking properly with my ****ing shoelifts to try and avoid humiliation. I will stick with 6-6.5 cm on my femurs and 5 cm MAX on my tibias and hopefully that won't do much damage to my legs. I don't mind trading minor aches and pain for several inches of height but having premature arthritis......oh man :(       

Blackhawk

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 03:05:36 AM »

I was feeling the exact same way as you bro! There was a time when I thought that the pain and complications with CLL was only temporary and then end up becoming a taller and normal once again....but now I understand that there is a trade off between height and health. You can either:

1)remain short, live with height neurosis (probably forever) and not risk your physical health
2)become taller, more confident but risk your physical health with possible early arthritis
I have chosen the second option as I am extremely depressed with my current height and lost most of my esteem that it is hard for me to live a normal life and do basic things like walking properly with my ****ing shoelifts to try and avoid humiliation. I will stick with 6-6.5 cm on my femurs and 5 cm MAX on my tibias and hopefully that won't do much damage to my legs. I don't mind trading minor aches and pain for several inches of height but having premature arthritis......oh man :(       

I feel the same way too.  I was hoping to do Lon on tibias but I think the risk of permanent knee pain is not worth it.  I think I will will do external with Dr Birkholtz hopefully in 2 or 3 years.  I will only do 5 cms on tibs so I don't think I will be in frames for too long.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up