Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Xia & Dr Li (Beijing China) Institute of External Fixation Technology  (Read 86973 times)

Time4LL

The package price is 35,000 USD with 4 months hospital stay; 1,500 USD per month will be charged after that.

The email I have been using is leglengthening@aliyun.com.(edit: this email is no longer the correct contact for the Beijing  Institute of External Fixation Technology)

I really think this is the best option but that amount of money is getting out of my price range.

edited for outdated contact info
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:16:11 PM by Admin »

jerry

A minor price hike, around 1000 euros more.   There are more affordable options for LON/LATN.  I know India has gotten alot of bad rep but Dr Parihar and Dr Naveen Talwar look like possible options.

Time4LL

I just got an email from Ronne saying if you stayed in the old hospital it is still 24000 Euros for the first four months. I really think India is a bad option at this point.

Thegosis

• Tibias - Beijing Dr Xia - Fixated 27nov13

Okay I found out what's been going on.  They still have Guang Ji Hospital, which has a new building, and they're also sending some patients to a different hospital.

I'm at the Guangji Hosptial now and this is spot on. I don't know where that other hospital is but the two other foreign patients here have definitely met other foreign patients who are there and naturally paying more for it.
167cm at 27 November 2013 to 175cm in mid-May 2014
Patient of Surgeons Peng and Zhao in Beijing
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=178.0
Possible 183cm, Dr Shah in Mumbai from Feb '15 (PRECICE II femurs)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1663.0

LittleLiam

Thank you Time4LL,  I have emailed that address and requested information for my proposed August journey!

Time4LL

Some pictures of the other hospital they are using that Ronne sent me. Jerry asked me to post them.

Time4LL

Some more.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Same lousy toilets though.  :P  ;D

Time4LL

@ littlelamb I am planning on going somewhere to lengthen in August too. Are you for sure going to China?

LittleLiam

Ronne has responded to me and I've filled in her details form and sent back yesterday.  I've proposed August for operation and stay for four months minimum, awaiting her confirmation :)

kneehowguys

Why go here over Jamal now? I am curious because I wonder with the price of scar revision I feel they should be around the same price.

LittleLiam

According to Disobedient's quote Jamal appears to be more expensive because ccomodation (apartment an food) is extra, on top of the $31.5/33.5K ,right ?

"The total cost of the lengthening program since 2014 takes into account a stay of a patient in the Ukraine for three months. 90-100 days - this is the time period for conducting a surgery and lengthening of femurs or tibias to the optimum length. The optimum length refers to the lengthening when muscles, tendons, and nerves are adapted sufficiently well to the new state of tension. It is 7.0 cm for femurs and 4.5-5.0 cm for tibias. The total cost of the lengthening program (TCLP) is 31 500,00 EUR ( for femurs /hips/)  and 33 500 EUR (for  tibias /shanks/).  (Lengthening more than the optimum length increases the time period of lengthening and restoration.  In this case it is necessary to adjust additional costs of the program of lengthening.)
This cost includes the cost of surgeries and a stay of a patient  in hospital for the necessary term (as a rule 2-3 days), and also the cost of a surgery and a stay in hospital for the removal of devices (in 1 - 1.5 years after the beginning of lengthening).
 The cost of  the lease of apartments during the stay for the period of the lengthening is not includes in TCLP. Assistant can help to lease suitable apartment. /Cost of comfortable apartments is around  1000 EUR per month. Additional costs may be associated with a broker service for searching for an apartment - usually half the monthly cost, single payment/. Choice is better to do together among prepared options. It will take 1-2 days, as a rule.
Assistant on duty can be present in the apartments around the clock, if it is necessary.
         The first day (of the three months period) begins with the first day in the hospital. 
          During the period of stay out of the hospital, a patient receives medical services, the cost of which is  included in the TCLP.   Medical services consist of the doctor's visits, the necessary physiotherapy, massages (total 60 sessions  of intensive lower limbs massage), the necessary medicines, test x-rays. During the three months stay a patient is provided with meals based on the agreed upon menu (preference in the food). The cost of food (products) is not included in the TCLP. Assistants can assist in purchase of products. Patient can visit supermarkets together with assistant  for choice and purchase of products. Maintenance (household) services consist of laundry, cleaning, cooking. The cost of Assistant’s service /maintenance services/ (daily  25 -30 EUR)  is not included in the TCLP.
            The  international   telephone    calls    and    high-speed   internet   access  are not included in the TCLP. TCLP does not change if the patient leaves Ukraine before the end of a three months term.  TCLP remains to be invariable for all sizes of lengthening within the optimum lengths. Patient can lease an apartment and organize the necessary maintenance services by him/herself. "

Please arise ?

Regards

Liam

ShortyMcShort

Good to here LittleLiam, hopefully we can see some more Dr Xia diaries. Rather strange that they just seemed to have stopped recently.
Im saving up for China as well even with the new prices, its not that much more anyway. Jamal is the other option though he is more expensive and I might be going to him for femus should I choose to do another. What China has over Jamal is the the sense of community and being around other LL patients where as Jamal you are in an apartment 24/7 with no one but a maid should you pay for one

programdude

Is it still 33k for the operation with 4 months stay? If so I am def interested, who else is planning on going?
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

LittleLiam

Hey ProgrammingDude

I'm talking to Ronne now about my operation in August;

"The package price is 35,000 USD with 4 months hospital stay in 2014 which needs to be paid at the time of admission. If you need longer hospital stay after 4 months of free period, 1,500 USD per month will be charged as extra"

Sweden

Way too much!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Keep Growing

Yeah...he is after ''foreign'' money. For locals it must be cheaper.

farewell

• Visitor

Yeah...he is after ''foreign'' money. For locals it must be cheaper.

Yes, it is cheaper. The last time I asked (about six months ago) they said 70k yuan for the first surgery and 30k yuan for the second surgery. I am not sure how much to remove the rod. The accommodation isn't included thought. So I think it should be 10000 dollars cheaper. Living in Beijing isn't cheap by the way.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Living in the Feng Tai district of Beijing is cheap though.

programdude

Hmm 35k. Still seems like the best deal... Though.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

ShortyMcShort

Hmm 35k. Still seems like the best deal... Though.

Agreed, considering their track record.
Only thing stopping me from going to China and doing tibs first is the scars

programdude

Yeah, I wonder how bad the scars would really be? Or what the cheapest I could get internal femurs done from a reputable doctor to avoid the issue.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I wish I'd saved some of my "before" scar revision pictures for you guys so you could see them.  They weren't really gruesome; what I didn't like about them most was that they were in a noticeable, matching pattern on each leg so you could tell they were medical scars.

programdude

Do you have hairy legs? I have hairy legs- Do you think that and a tan would help a bit?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

It depends on how dark the scars are.  That seems to vary from person to person.  We had a couple of people with really hairy legs in Beijing, but their scars were dark and therefore quite visible anyway.

programdude

sounds like luck of the draw hmmm...

I'm agonizing over whether to go with the seemingly economical bejing, or break open the bank to make internal femurs happen to circumvent the issues.

ShortyMcShort

At first I decided that it was going to be Beijing and tibs first for me due to their relatively affordable cost and track record + the many foreigners there, practically a community of LLers as opposed to being by yourself in an apartment 24/7 elsewhere. But I have now decided to save some more and go with Dr Jamal in the Ukraine, my main reason is the scarring. Yes internals are more expensive but I guess the minimal scars and quicker recovery makes up for it. Cheapest internals for me is between Dr Jamal and Dr Franz Birkholtz in South Africa

Currently leaning towards Dr Jamal mainly because no one has yet gone to Dr Birkholtz, but who knows that might change a year or two from now

programdude

It is hard since these places dont include the stay for the long period of time, and already have such high starting costs. But Internal femurs are in general a lot more than tibs for me IMO since 1. Less scars 2. Faster recovery(more minor) 3. Apparently no knee pain. 4. Easier doggy style on tall chicks!

Thegosis

• Tibias - Beijing Dr Xia - Fixated 27nov13

I haven't even been thinking about scars from my November surgery in Beijing until someone asked me to comment on this.
167cm at 27 November 2013 to 175cm in mid-May 2014
Patient of Surgeons Peng and Zhao in Beijing
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=178.0
Possible 183cm, Dr Shah in Mumbai from Feb '15 (PRECICE II femurs)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1663.0

programdude

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that your scars were so negligible you forgot about them?

LittleLiam

Hey Programming dude

Loved your comment about how much better doggie style will be after LL :-).  I'll be so much better with longer femurs as now I have to balance on two pillows to do it :-(

haha
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up